[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Internet nostalgia thread? >tfw you look at that old anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 21
File: images-4.jpg (21 KB, 322x456) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
21 KB, 322x456
Internet nostalgia thread?
>tfw you look at that old anime forum you posted on in 2006 and it's dead
I understand why forums are bad, but I still miss them. I miss the personality they had
>>
File: 53642542.jpg (61 KB, 444x580) Image search: [Google]
53642542.jpg
61 KB, 444x580
idgaf about your internet nostalgia bullshit I just appreciate noriko
>>
I was a complete retard when I was young so I'm pretty glad my posts are gone now
>>
>>27385599
Forums theoretically are better than standard image boards.

It's the obsession with merit and heavy legislation that has ruined forums.
>>
File: images-45.jpg (19 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images-45.jpg
19 KB, 443x332
>>27385617
A Noriko is fine too
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 1022x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 1022x768
>>27385599
I know man. Feels so strange. I look at my yahoo answers shit from high school from like 2008 and 2009. There was still hope back then. Sometimes it's nice when to look back and read the stupid shit we used to post. All those internet friends we will never talk to again...wonder where they are now. Miss those days. Simpler times in which we expected greater futures than what reality gave us.
>>
File: 1349797707522.jpg (55 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1349797707522.jpg
55 KB, 399x388
I started my internet career browsing Lego film forums when I was like 10 or so. That was like 11 years ago. I'd make these really shitty stop-motion movies and post them there. Like one film, I had Mary Kate and Ashley dicking around for a few seconds and then a building fell on top of them. That was meant to be the joke, that those dumb girls got crushed by a building. People gave me all these angry replies, telling me it wasn't funny and that I was insensitive and blah blah blah. They'd give me all these sob stories about people they knew who died in building collapses. Anyways, I got really embarrassed by all the criticism on everything I posted so I stopped making films. Maybe I could've been the Kubrick of brick films or something, but now we'll never know.
>>
>>27385680
It's weird how ephemeral it all is
All those people you grew up with online, you'll never find them again. You don't remember them as billy, or James. It's some dumb weeaboo name with a number attatched. Sometimes I wonder if they forgot me, or if perhaps they're on 4chan too, wasting their lives still.
>>
File: 1456346767636.gif (520 KB, 159x111) Image search: [Google]
1456346767636.gif
520 KB, 159x111
>>27385599
I sometimes visit an old half-life mapping community just to make sure its still around. Its still active. They have a login count and days active count which I'm quite proud of. I wish they still help mapping competitions.
>Joined: 17th August 2004 (4238 days ago)
>>
>>27385826
Jesus man
You've been there for about 12 years
I wonder what the oldest still functioning and active forum is
>>
Know many of these feels.

Parents divorced when I was 9. Moved to a new place and the people there were shitty. Started off in a yugioh UK chat room. Wandered to countless forums. I was on the Harry potter one for a while.

Had my own geocities website that I posted tons of anime stuff. My internet friends were the only ones who looked of course. Created my own forum and chat. Didn't last but hey it was fun. Kept the same friends for a few years.

Wandered around on neopets and Gaia. Fucked around on Gaia for a couple of years and I found 4chan when I was probably 15 or 16.

Just turned 25 years old seven minutes ago guys. I've been back and forth with 4chan since. Younger people these days have omegle and chatroulette, but it seems many will never know the feel of finding that niche anime subreddit. Not in the quest of finding chicks on cans but finding friends. And you were closer with these friends more than anyone you knew.

Feels.png
>>
I never posted on forums because I was too nervous but I used to lurk old Naruto forums, khinsider, and avatar spirit. I only posted here, ever since I was 10 or 11. I hate myself for that
>>
File: 1410370069886.jpg (113 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1410370069886.jpg
113 KB, 750x750
>>27385748
My next internet stint was this forum dedicated to discussion about a Guitar Hero freeware ripoff. People would post mods and you could download songs that you could play in the game. Some posters decided to form their own forum (whining about how the mods were Nazis or something) and I went with them, because we had collaborated on different projects a lot. We were all like a bunch of 13-year-olds just talking about stupid shit all day. I'd post these really cringy essays about philosophy and religion, just whatever garbage bullshit I had spent an hour or two reading a few Wiki articles about.

The admin of the new forum was into all this shitty pop emo stuff. He was kind of a scene drama queen. Eventually he decided to devote his life to being a furry, he made like a big thread about it and we were all congratulating him on coming out and saying he was so brave and other stupid shit. But then he decided that he couldn't keep up with his furry lifestyle if he was held down by the forum. So he went nuts and made the forum basically unusable, which threw everyone into chaos. Everyone and their uncle started making the "new new forum", but they all had really stupid ideas and no one was happy with any of them.

So I just went and made a forum that was exactly like the old one, with all the same boards and stuff, and everyone was fine with that and everything went back to normal. But I really didn't wanna be admin, so I was like begging literally everyone to take my place. No one wanted to though, they were all like, "Nah, anon, you should be admin! You'd be a great for the job." So eventually, I started liking being admin and I got really power-crazy. I'd mess around with the format every day with "epic pranks" or whatever. I added all this stupid shit that I had to maintain, like badges and awards whenever someone did something, and I'd stop updating them once I got bored. The whole forum was a fucking mess. Activity slowed down, until we all left.
>>
ZeldaDungeon and ZeldaPower were two sides I used to visit

ZD is still around luckily, ZP went down though.
>>
I used to post on Eragon Forums when I was 11-13. I was really into text based role playing games. Now it's gone.

I wish I could go back to when message boards were big.
>>
>>27386038
>I'd post these really cringy essays about philosophy and religion, just whatever garbage bullshit I had spent an hour or two reading a few Wiki articles about.

Kek, post them
>>
File: 1406321702143.png (119 KB, 684x576) Image search: [Google]
1406321702143.png
119 KB, 684x576
>>27386038
It's 1 am and /r9k/ is pretty much dead, but I'll continue my story because I've got fuck-all else to do. I'm scared one of my old online friends might see this, but whatever.

So there I was, 16 years old and alone and directionless. People would post stuff from 4chan on the freeware forums a lot, so I decided to go there. /b/ was way too shitty for me, so I got drawn to /r9k/. Back in those days, it was basically /soc/, since /soc/ didn't exist yet, and people were playing all kinds of games together and swapping contact deets and stuff. There was always a thread about this one game, Transformice, and I started playing that. We had our own /r9k/ room and everything. Everyone was pretty cool, we were all around the same age and had similar interests.

Skype kinda exploded at the time, so we all got on that and started a bunch of groups. I was pretty popular and everyone thought I was really hilarious. I really wasn't that funny, so who knows why they liked me. Then I got kicked from a lot of groups because this one girl, who hated me for some reason, told everyone I jerked off in a call with her. Still had a solid collection of friends after that, but they all secretly thought I was the "Skype Call Jerker" even though I kept telling them it wasn't true.

I told everyone I was 18, but I was really 17 at the time. That really blew up in my face when I fell in love with this one girl. We'd spend all day talking to each other, planning to meet up and stuff. I kept behaving like a twat whenever she brought up her bf. She might've had some feelings for me, like she'd be really flirty and lewd sometimes, but I accidentally revealed that I was actually 17 and she got really mad because she was a year older and didn't wanna be a pedo or whatever. She ran away from home to live with her bf. After that, we slowly drifted apart. I still send her texts on holidays and we catch up a little, but otherwise we don't talk anymore.
>>
Do you miss the Internet when it felt like an adventure. The time before it was ruined by normies and degeneracy, /r9k/?
>>
>>27386604
>transformice
I remember that, good shit

Also, 17/18 is not pedo.
That's retarded of her.
>>
File: 1407842204108.jpg (398 KB, 837x673) Image search: [Google]
1407842204108.jpg
398 KB, 837x673
>>27386604
My internet career gets pretty boring after that. I've mostly just spent all my time on /r9k/. Had a lot of friends come and go, all of whom I met on this board. There were periods where I had no one and I'd make really desperate threads every day begging someone to talk to me. I met a lot of fucking weird people through those threads, but they all stopped talking to me after a month or so.

I got so desperate that I started offering people money to tell stories to me at night, because I couldn't sleep a wink. One girl agreed and we spent the whole night and she read some ghost stories, then we spent a few hours talking about random shit. I was really autistic and quiet, but she was really bubbly and talkative so it evened out. For some reason, she didn't leave after I revealed that I was completely broke and the whole thing was a big con. We've been talking every day since then, and she's the only friend I've got right now. We call every night and tell each other gooey lovey-dovey shit. I wanna marry her.

And that's pretty much it. The end.
>>
I've only discovered the chans after 19.
>tfw almost 25 but still a newfag
>>
File: 1291844440461.jpg (21 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1291844440461.jpg
21 KB, 184x184
>Pretended to be a girl on MySpace.
>>
>>27386996
first came to 4chan at 21
that was 9 years ago
>>
File: software.png (1002 KB, 1728x970) Image search: [Google]
software.png
1002 KB, 1728x970
Anyone remember programs I can add to my list?

I'm talking 1997-2004 or so
>>
2000s weren't that good bros
>>
>>27386204
I could dig them up pretty easily, last I checked the forum is still there. But they're pretty embarrassing and I don't even wanna look at them. Kinda paranoid too, because you could easily Google it and find my username and use the info I've posted to hunt me down for my skin or something.

>>27386731
Yeah, I don't really know why she got so angry about it. It wasn't really that big of a deal.
>>
>tfw on the chans since 2005
>am 18 now

Fuck.
I literally didn't have any friends (yes,even online on forums because I had anxiety so severe that I couldn't even make an account on any forums) so it felt like the right thing to do. That's what I have to say in my defence.

>tfw the first time you fapped was from a link on 4chan
>>
>>27387056
WinMX,soulseek
My fucking nigga.
>>
>>27387056
Limewire
>>
>>27386685
My good old days involved wasting time looking up walkthroughs to video games with a "friend", who was the only kid in my class to have an Internet connection. Back then my science teacher scared us all with banter about how if you don't go back through all the sites to the first one you started on when opening the browser, your Internet wouldn't disconnect properly and it would end up racking up a huge bill for our parents. So every time I was over that kids place playing video games and feeling like king shit for being able to sit and watch him use his dads computer, the whole web thing was a bit like a find your own adventure Goosebumps book.

That was I think around 1994.
>>
File: 1458096351015.png (283 KB, 310x601) Image search: [Google]
1458096351015.png
283 KB, 310x601
>>27387091
I don't believe u
Uuuuuoriginal
>>
File: 1415479021753.jpg (12 KB, 274x257) Image search: [Google]
1415479021753.jpg
12 KB, 274x257
>>27387019
>Pretending to be a girl and getting arseloads of ASL details from retards on Yahoo chatrooms
>>
>>27387218
K. I have no way to prove it but basically I was not really active back then,just lurking few times a week(was busy with medications and therapy most of my life). First time I posted was in 2011. I think I've posted like 7 times in total in all these years.
>>
>I understand why forums are bad
>forums are bad
What do you mean?
>>
>>27387091
What got me hooked on 4chan was sometime back in 2004 I remember lurking a thread with an attention whore requesting things. I told anon to remove one of his socks and take a photo of it hanging across his monitor, for someone reason. Being an attention whore, anon did it and that was the moment where something clicked and I thought to myself "this shit might be worth hanging around for". Before that I would mainly lurk and fap to lolicon being posted.

>>27387284
Mainly the terrible moderation on average and how people are just as fake as they are on facebook, only worse in that people take forum personas seriously and it gets even more of a hivemind than boards like /a/.
>>
I wouldn't believe 95% of /r9k/ posters if they said they were on 4chan before 2010
>>
For me it was shitposting on lego forums. I had the old battle star galactica theme on constant repeat.
Then it was youtube, new lego forums, and games. I was always interested in Japan and manga, but I didn't get into anime until 2011. Those were the dark days of nightcore and shipping . Around 2012 I went to /a/ one day by accident, and I haven't left since.
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 731x634) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 731x634
Did you forget about these furry sacks of shit? Log on and take care of your Neopets
>>
>>27387303
It's kinda like tripfagging. Besides, drama is FUN, otherwise people wouldn't even make those stupid Steam Friend threads.
>>
File: 1378220939115.gif (2 MB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1378220939115.gif
2 MB, 500x390
>>27385954
Happy birthday, anon. Hope you have fun today.
>>
>>27387273
I wonder what was it like to experience 4chan as a kid. Then again the average age must've been lower back then...
>>
>>27387349

Thanks friend I will try.
>>
Hey guys, remember when you had to type in noko after making a post so you could stay in the thread instead of being sent back to the first page?
>>
File: windows_xp _277_.jpg (71 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
windows_xp _277_.jpg
71 KB, 1024x768
no fuck your nostalgia, I never stuck around on anywhere for long because I knew I wouldn't want to look back on it, I was always a shit though, I even got my protodermis bar reduced on BZpower.
>>
>>27387369

Holy shit yes. Actually forgot about this kek
>>
>>27387352
It wasn't really that much different from the rest of internet forums because the internet wasn't as much "normalised" back then. It's just that you didn't need an account for it. It was really like playing an mmo with life,you just talk to people you don't know jackshit about, imagine the thrill of shitposting for the first time. You could just feel through your computer screen because it was all like an escape. Basically it felt like what millenials felt when omegle came out.
When people these days say "music is my escape" or "books are a different world for me" I realise they haven't experienced pre 2007 4chan. A different world, truly free of Normans.
It might be a little crude, but not exactly bad unless you let it be.
Plus watching the internet die, shits like buzzfeed, tumblr and reddit and it's fans crying about how it's the best and they get a sense to belong there, it's kinda sad.
>>
>>27387346
>otherwise people wouldn't even make those stupid Steam Friend threads.
I don't consider those posters human.
>>
Floodian checking in. Spent my best days on the Bnet. Came over to /b/ when I was 14. 18 now. Still a newfag. I miss the old days.
>>
>>27387069
>But they're pretty embarrassing and I don't even wanna look at them
Oh come on, we have to know now
>>
2000s weren't that good but whatever
The entire decade wasn't anything to celebrate
There was a big economic downturn for starters
We had a lame Bush in office (you're lucky Yeb! has dropped out)
We had sandniggers knocking two giant buildings down as an act of terrorism against the united states which would later be remembered by documentaries on the history channel where teenaged girls recorded themselves fucking blood curdle screaming which was actually what broke so many of the fucking windows on the WTC that fateful morning
We had lame emo flash animation
We had terrible Reality TV with Charles Sheen
We had terrible music
We had lame ass news stories
We had shitty movies (remakes, originals, you name it)
We had a pro wrestling downfall
We had degenerate subcultures on the rise
We had Youtube filled with lame Naruto AMVs set to Linkin Park music

Internet was okay/"good"
Video games were good
>>
>>27387333
>nightcore
That fad was lazier than vaporwave
>>
I used to post all the time on The Flood forum in bungie. net right before Halo 3 came out and until that entire website was ruined and turned into literally Rebbit, it was fun while it lasted, though.
>>
>>27387599
Best internet period so the 2000s were the best decade of all time
>>
>>27387610
I liked it though, still do.
I have a 1000+ video nightcore playlist on my old YouTube channel
>>
>>27387599
I do think the 2000s were shitty, but it's a shittiness I'm nostalgic for. Like a brave frontier of shitty.
>>
File: Hospitaller Feels.jpg (76 KB, 568x626) Image search: [Google]
Hospitaller Feels.jpg
76 KB, 568x626
>>27385599

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGJ9wuk_Yyw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9F7FKcz80k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kFPM3sZ2WA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2MK5jTm3-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyd7moA_Q_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDJ6KFkJZBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYZfKWO92oM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4MGKeQgS-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkOA_HAVoqU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzZDOJkFBqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrQSbGoRrnM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0y2huQoOnw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkR7zClEkAo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvELT5aIo9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uywvgq_LUF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9fIjYnPazc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr1aFFmPqmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rS_n3JVTPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0o5-X5AiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZMwKPmsbWE

original
>>
File: 1444218751140.jpg (13 KB, 552x137) Image search: [Google]
1444218751140.jpg
13 KB, 552x137
>>27387599
Which is worse, the 2000s, or the 10s? It's really hard to decide.
>>
An old Runescape forum I still post on is still alive, but it's hanging by a thread. Most of us don't even play Runescape anymore but we still come out of habit.
>>
>>27386013
>khinsider
>naruto forums

mahnigga.jpg
>>
File: 1450999323856.jpg (127 KB, 1000x749) Image search: [Google]
1450999323856.jpg
127 KB, 1000x749
>>27385599
why did they give noriko so much BOOTY in that art god damn
>>
>>27387976
>why did they give noriko so much BOOTY
You know exactly why
>>
>used to pretend to be an 18 year old boy when I was 12-13
>extremely introverted irl but was able to be more extroverted online and even was able to make friends
>got bored after a while and quit
I'm 20 now and most of those people are probably 25+ years old. I sometimes wonder what they would say if they knew my true identify. I wasn't catfishing them or getting involved in online romances, but it was nice to have someone to bullshit with since I was too shy irl for friends and they were more older so I learned a lot.
>>
>>27388353
I remember doing that on a lolicon and shota forum when I was 13
there were a few girls there, I should have tried to SS them when I had the chance
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.