[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /r9k/ think of Night Vale and surrealism/absurdism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
What does /r9k/ think of Night Vale and surrealism/absurdism in general?
>>
Night Vale is mediocre. Absurdism is dated. Surrealism is still pretty cool if done correctly.
>>
I've only listened to two episodes, but it just made me wish it was serious. The focus on humor ruins the atmosphere. It reminds me a lot of the Deb of the Night show from VTM:B though. I just wish it was more of a subtle horror/creepy show than a comedy thing, it ruins it for me.
>>
>>27385425
Night Vale is straight up overrated
It's the kind of popular spookisms that you'd find in American Horror Story or the average teenaged vampire/werewolf film
I went in expecting something to literally terrify me, but I ended up listening to it before I went to be because it made me sleepy

I mean, look at the filename your image has, that alone should tell you the kind of person who nightvale is for

>surrealism/absurdism in general
You might as well ask about what people think of movies with action or rock music
>>
>>27385475
This is exactly how I feel. It's so comedy focused that it ruins the mood. The atmosphere is perfect, the idea of the town is perfect, but instead of making it a subtle creepy newscast show like Limetown, they ruin the atmosphere with shoehorned, unfunny "get it? get the reference to that myth/paranormal event?".

Such a goddamn shame.
>>
>>27385425
Mediocre

Download Existance 2.0 for any Fallout instead
>>
I love it. I haven't listened to it in forever though, not since before Iast year.
>>
>>27385515
What is Limetown like? I've been meaning to listen to it but I'm not sure what to expect.
>>
>>27385634
I've only listened to the first episode. Some of the acting isn't top notch, but otherwise it's pretty creepy. I can't really recommend it since I haven't listened to the rest, but I like it so far. Much more serious about the horror themes than Nightvale thankfully.
>>
>>27385425
It's pretty good for about the first twenty episodes. The way the strange stuff is just told like everyday news is interesting but the way it's played for laughs makes it get old really fast.
>>
I liked it at the beginning, but the newer eps are pretty shit
>>
>>27385634
It's alright but just not that many episodes out rn. you could spend an alright afternoon listening to them but you wouldn't really hit a satisfying end and it's not a huge series you can fall in love with over the course of listening to it for weeks. with things like podcasts you're going to be listening to a lot of other podcasts before another episode comes out so you're likely not going to really get a chance to really get into it as the story slowly goes on. I don't like following a series that are not finished or atleast are pretty far in. You might be different and would enjoy it as it is but as for me, I'm going to forget that it exists and come back to it when it has more to listen to
>>
>>27385425
it sucks. I tried reading the novel and listened to some podcasts and it's absolutely uninteresting.

literally tumblr tier trash.

go read some HP Lovecraft instead.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.