[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicide is impossible. No really, it's mathematically impossible.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: madcat.jpg (23 KB, 401x381) Image search: [Google]
madcat.jpg
23 KB, 401x381
Suicide is impossible.

No really, it's mathematically impossible.

Heard of "many-worlds theory of quantum mechanics"?

Heard of the "quantum suicide trick"?

tl;dr: you can only observe being alive.

> pic related: mfw
>>
Suicide might be called heuristically impossible. Spinoza basically says that:

>The mind cannot contradict the body because it's purpose is perpetuation of the body.

>Only external causation can cause the mind to become contradictory to the body.

>Preservation is the most basic of psychological functions. Everything is an extension of this.

With external motivation the mind can't be contradictory to the body. Whether these motivations are mental illness or just you're a baby that doesn't want to keep living doesn't matter.

In order to actually commit suicide you have to essentially be dead first. In order to have the capacity to carry out suicide you would have to have essentially died already.

After this the physical circumstances of your death aren't relevant. Dying by your own hand is no different than getting crushed by an 18 wheeler. You were already dead.
>>
>>27384143

Spinoza is wrong. Example: a Downie.

Mr. Retardbaby is a genetic abortion. Its mind, such as it is, has no purpose.
>>
>>27382944
>Heard of "many-worlds theory of quantum mechanics"?
theory
>>
>>27384443
hypothesis
>>
>>27384443
Triggered

Bocklx
>>
If you killed yourself enough you could make enough jumps to end up somewhere wildly different from your initial circumstances
>>
>>27384285
>I'll dismiss their hypothesis by calling them a downie

;
^
)
>>
>>27382944
>He believes in quantum bullshit and doesn't understand humans are literally just smarter animals
>>
>>27382944

This is one of the dumbest ideas anyone's ever had. First of all, the Copenhagen interpretation has been the prevailing interpretation throughout the history of quantum mechanics, and its proponents considered Everett a crackpot insofar as they even acknowledged him. And second of all, there's already been a vast span of time when you weren't alive before you were born and many people have long gaps of unconsciousness while under anesthesia where unlike with regular sleep and dreaming they simply go from being put under to waking up with no sense of time passing in between. So the idea you "can't" lose consciousness permanently i.e. die, is pretty obviously wrong.
>>
File: 1457316966961.png (140 KB, 483x442) Image search: [Google]
1457316966961.png
140 KB, 483x442
>>27382944
>integral from b to a of 1dx
>b=-infinity=start of the universe
>a=+infinity=end of the universe
>1=one life u r living right now
>integrated=infinity
>mfw we have infinite lives
>mfw we just respawn
>mfw life is an infinite lottery game
>>
No idea what anyone's talking about
>>
>>27384706
I've been under anesthesia when getting my wisdom teeth pulled. This is strangely comforting.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.