[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: dead.jpg (33 KB, 425x250) Image search: [Google]
dead.jpg
33 KB, 425x250
All the friends I had on here in 2009-11 are gone. They didn't leave any info for me to find them behind. The very few people still there are so elitist and edgy I can't take it. I wish I could go back and do things over again. I would've asked for their Skype or anything, I have no friends now. Online I can't seem to make them last, why was it easier in the past? What have I lost?
>>
>>27382210
https://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/18041544/
Reminds me of this thread. Probably my favorite one.
I know your pain.
>>
>>27383111
Will there ever be another chance?
>>
>>27382210
https://discord.gg/0uLZL9iKc23lcv8S
>>
File: xb60GTv.png (465 KB, 638x474) Image search: [Google]
xb60GTv.png
465 KB, 638x474
>>27382210
I also noticed I really liked the small scale drama that went on. I don't even talk to anyone involved, but they make everything public and people openly gossip. It taught me what not to do online and in person.
>>
>>27383317
I'm too afraid to introduce myself, but thank you. I'm working up the courage.
>>
it used to be easy to make internet friends because only like minded nerds used the internet and you could find people into the same stuff on message boards

now the place is infested by normies and all anyone uses is social media or places like this where you never get to know people one on one

all my old internet friends are either normies with a wife and kids or literally deceased
>>
>>27383233
I don't think so. I really do hope so but I can't see myself in another community like that again.
I feel like I've been spoiled, I guess, of what I had before.
>>
File: sad bear.png (42 KB, 564x419) Image search: [Google]
sad bear.png
42 KB, 564x419
>>27383323
>that feel of finding a new niche online community and getting to know all the interpersonal drama and in-jokes and slowly gaining respect until you were an accepted regular member
>only posts left on these places now adays are by the one mentally ill person talking to themselves once per day
>>
>>27383405
I don't think all normies are that bad, some actually want to learn about a game or hobby you're into. They'll give you a chance and keep you if you're not a dick and try to be friends.
>>
File: 1455582902311.jpg (20 KB, 384x300) Image search: [Google]
1455582902311.jpg
20 KB, 384x300
>>27383463
How often do you think about the messages you used to share with everybody? I remember I used to literally laugh at the stupidest shit they typed to me, even if it wasn't funny. I want to do that again.
>>
>>27383433
Is it because we were so young and weren't as worried about social rejection and made it easier to make friends? I've grown to fear starting conversations. Even calling my mom, I have a great relationship w/ her, is an hourlong workup to do it.
What did you have before btw? Can you describe it?
>>
>>27383463
>that feel of finding a new niche online community and getting to know all the interpersonal drama and in-jokes and slowly gaining respect until you were an accepted regular member

>tfw most of the people on there aren't as cool as you think
>tfw you get so fed up with their shit you quit the community

you'd think I would have learned from gamefaqs but it happened again on a discord server
>>
File: 7089812507_d0bfbf619b_o.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1521) Image search: [Google]
7089812507_d0bfbf619b_o.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1521
>>27383816
you let a roastie get in, didn't you?
>>
>>27382210
>all I did was play Werewolf

It was easier times
>>
>>27383972
no but coincidentally the admin did. They pushed her out pretty quick though. Unfortunately the community is legitimately autistic. All they do is trigger each other with bantz and every talks over everyone
>misread a post and start ranting about all the drama on the server
>get called out
>iwasmerelypretending.jpg
>anyone who isn't 12 could see I moving goalposts left and right
>guy who called me out gets legit triggered by my preschool bantz
>kicks me
> try to rejoin but invite links are expired so I say fuck it and stay off the server for a couple months

admittedly I was in the wrong but their reaction on proves my point that they're all man children with no social skills.

oh and I forgot to mention they're all legitimate goobergaters
>>
>>27384020
Aw dude, I loved that before they added the new roles. I like the new roles desu, but now there's nobody there playing it. Corpse craft was pretty good too. Played that the most tbqh. Only did Brawler to get the kawaii maiden. Wyvern and Bella bingo were nice to talk to and mindlessly play too.
>>
File: Screenshot_17.png (1 MB, 995x843) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_17.png
1 MB, 995x843
>>27384135
Meant to put too not desu. I swear I'm not a weeb.
>>
>>27383811
Yes, that is definitely a part of it. But not as extreme as your case.
I had the best friends I could've ever imagined. Better than any irl friends. They were so easy to talk to.
Perfect is how I want to describe it. It's probably the rose tinted glassed, but.. I can say without a doubt that I loved them.
And because of that I don't think that I'll ever find something like that again.
>>
>>27384502
Did you call them or was it purely text?
I think it was better when there was only the messaging option for most of us online.
Do you still talk to any of them?
>>
>>27384637
Purely text.
Before we drifted apart I got two of their numbers, but that only gave us a couple of months.
Recently I tried to talk to them again, but they had changed, I guess. 10 messages and they stopped responding.
It hurts. It'll never be the same.
I just wanna go back to the good ol' days.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.