[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suicidal anon here. Is seeking mental treatment worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: uwg7ps8w4sc0440k800s.png (72 KB, 257x596) Image search: [Google]
uwg7ps8w4sc0440k800s.png
72 KB, 257x596
Suicidal anon here.

Is seeking mental treatment worth it?
>>
There's a reason why you're suicidal
Mental treatment just covers it up
You're submitting yourself back into the delusion
>>
>>27379793
>implying I give a shit
I just want to function like a normal human being. I want to be able to hold down a relationship with another person.
I want to stop being such a lethargic piece of shit.
>>
>>27379774
It can help but it can also make it worse, depending.

Never, ever tell a mental health professional that you seriously intend or "have made plans" to kill yourself. You're signing away your rights if you say that. You're just really, really depressed, but you've never really thought about actually killing yourself.
>>
>>27379774
Thanks for reminding me to finish oyasumi
Time to find the page I was on...
>>
>>27379821
If it's what you want, then do it I guess
But it never really helped me
It's hard because you have to beat around the bush with how suicidal you really are, and this cuts off any ability your therapist or whatever might have to genuinely empathize with you

Remember, they're just people too. Almost none of them are perfect.
>>
>>27379793
>Mental treatment just covers it up
the complete opposite
>>
>>27379912
Your experiences may definitely be different from mine
>>
>>27379928
how was it for you? psychotherapy is usually about finding the root of the problem
>>
>>27380004
Failure to find the root of the problem
Mislabeling the root of the problem
In my case it was something I had to analyze on my own
>>
>>27379774

> Is seeking mental treatment worth it?

Dunno, sometimes it could help.
In my case it helped a little, but if you have an ugly life and you have around only shit people, your life can't improve with a bunch of pills unless you'll have the motivation to start all over again in another place (i.e. another country, or so)
>>
>>27379774
Had a therapist for about 2 years and it's done nothing, my senpai just think it's helping. Probably because I haven't told him the truth about my free time and how I see the world
>>
File: at2OU3M1r3s5noo2_500.png (188 KB, 500x606) Image search: [Google]
at2OU3M1r3s5noo2_500.png
188 KB, 500x606
OP here.

Just gotta ask, how long would it take for me to get drugs?

I'm going to be honest, no amount of talking is going to fix me. I'm pretty broken.
>>
>>27380074
A lot less than you would think
For SSRIs at least
They hand that shit out like candy
>>
If you can an hero quickly and peacefully, then do it. If not, I dunno...therapy doesn't really do much. For me, it felt like going in circles most because I knew I was talking to someone who didn't give a damn about me and was only there for a pay check.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.