[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 31
File: alone.jpg (36 KB, 730x330) Image search: [Google]
alone.jpg
36 KB, 730x330
Who /depressed/ or suicidal here?

Why are you depressed?

I'm curious about what the most common reason is.
>>
File: 26b8NLs71r2.png (59 KB, 455x451) Image search: [Google]
26b8NLs71r2.png
59 KB, 455x451
>tfw too depressed to even dapper anymore
>>
>>27379689
>dapper
What is this shit
>>
>>27379720
Fap* phone autocorrected
>>
tfw no regular f
>>
File: adsf.jpg (14 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
adsf.jpg
14 KB, 231x218
I'm depressed and anxious

I have a constant feeling that something terrible is going to happen, it's that feeling you get when anticipating bad news
>>
My whole life, really shitty past
Now I cant enjoy anything and would rather spend all my day in bed, I hate myself for this.
I cant even do stuff be it games or whatever with a person that is the most important for me
>>
> be depressed
> take drugs to not be depressed anymore
> drugs wear off
> be more depressed
> take more drugs
> etc etc
>>
Depressed because being a NEET made me socially autistic

Suicidal because I ruminate over it
>>
>>27379835
you mean with your steam bf?
>>
I just fuckin suck, man.

I've been an unemployed mental health patient for six years now, too scared of everyone and everything to hold down a job, I don't care about or want any of the things a person is supposed to care about or want, I'm a burden on my family. I can't see the point in doing anything but lying in bed. Meds and therapy don't work on me. I constantly fantasize about dying.
>>
It just feels to me like nothing matters anymore.
Been like this for some time, starting to get used to it i guess.
And why fix something that'll just break again.
>>
tfw no Overwatch beta

might aswell end it now
>>
>>27379935
Real life bf
Feel free to hate me now, everyone does
>>
>>27379921
i feel exactly the same, but the only thing keeping me alive is film and r9k
>>
>>27380014
we don't hate anyone but ourselves here anon. i have nothing but sympathy for you.
>>
I'm miserable but don't feel the need to tell others like Normies do. And I'm not even sad in the exact meaning of the word I don't cry or shit like that. I just find life not worth living and there's no meaning at all for why I'm still here. I'll eventually an hero but for now I'll just keep coping
>>
what are your favorite movies anons?
>>
>>27380117
you can tell here, we can share the pain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8
>>
>"im here if you need to talk"

what do. grill btw. i dont wanna sound awfully pathetic, all ive said is "sorry, ive been feeling like shit recently" (both been snapping/snarky at eachother...)

im not depressed (well, no self diagnosed shit), just feel sad/zoned out/etc. all the time.

is it bad to share? will it make me look weak? dont grills dislike weak guys?

i have no idea...
>>
i miss being depressed
i dont have an excuse i guess to it now
i just felt like i was the biggest shit alive, that i dont deserve anything i have, and that i suck in every way and am a waste of time and money for my family
i still feel the same, but try to avoid the sadness
>>
File: Lieutenant-Dan.png (263 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
Lieutenant-Dan.png
263 KB, 620x350
>>27380229
> i dont wanna sound awfully pathetic,
>grill btw.
2l8
>>
>>27380014
I don't judge you

I'm a faggot too
>>
>>27380229
no, just share what's wrong

no one here cares, youre probably ugly like us
>>
>>27380372
made me laugh, thank you anon
>>
just realized im balding prematurely...just another thing to add to the mound of shit that is my life
>>
File: love is pain.gif (998 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
love is pain.gif
998 KB, 500x281
The boy I'm in love with loves someone else. He has a girlfriend. It makes me feel depressed and suicidal.

He said he loves me too. He said he wishes he noticed my feelings before he got in a relationship. I still feel jealous all the time. He calls her cute and says I love you on her profile. It drives me crazy. I wish I could be with him.

He lives in Denmark. We don't get to spend much time together anymore because of time zone differences. I try to watch anime with him when he has time for me.
>>
Is the loss of desire to jerk off a part of depression
>>
>>27380966
it can be
if you have no drive or energy, you're probably depressed
>>
File: 53.jpg (62 KB, 434x480) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
62 KB, 434x480
I guess you could call me depressed. I'm kind of in a slump, completely secluding myself and lying in bed all day. My life's just kinda falling apart. I can't stay in school, I can't keep a job, I keep getting really psychotic and delusional, I'm addicted to drugs, I'm completely broke and have to steal from my flatmates so I don't starve. One of them has been banging on my door four times a day, probably wanting to yell at me for eating his food.

I dunno, I don't really see how my life's gonna get much better. Just seems like it's all downhill from here. I don't really have much of a future ahead of me. So I've just kinda given up.
>>
File: image.png (62 KB, 532x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62 KB, 532x640
>>27379825
That sense of impending doom, like missing the last step on the stairs?
>mfw still haven't landed
>stomach in your throat all the time
>air punched out of your lungs
>continue falling for eternity
>>
File: 1437801656364.jpg (114 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1437801656364.jpg
114 KB, 960x720
I'd just like for it to end. I'm tired of worrying, over analyzing, fretting over nothing and second guessing myself on the simplest things.

But most of all I'm tired of being tired of everything. I have at my fingers the ability to read a vast amount of books, watch any anime, tv show, netflix show, download comics or movies or games or whatever else. I could read about history or practice painting or learn to play an instrument or learn a new language but I just don't care. I don't have the drive or desire.

People in school always thought I was the smart, quiet kid. In reality I don't even have the motivation to WANT to learn anything. I wish I did, but it's just not there.

Even the few things that I do find interesting are boring to me now. Nothing seems fun or enjoyable. I don't look forward to anything. I hope for nothing. I just don't want to be alive anymore. I haven't for many years, but now it's really weighing on me,
>>
My own stupidity and mistakes. Just how irreversible certain things seem as a result of inaction. The reality that it's my fault and I can't rectify it to get the outcome I want because, despite immediately realizing, I left it for too long. The impossibility of getting what I want and reality being "you fucked up, better move on from it at some point"
Really, it's just stupidity, hesitation and some cowardice that led to it.
>>
>>27381315

That's fucked up man. How did you even manage to write this?
>>
File: 1456968500379.jpg (26 KB, 443x723) Image search: [Google]
1456968500379.jpg
26 KB, 443x723
>>27381430
Because in an unhealthy, perverse way I find a small amount of comfort in the sadness. It's a familiar feeling and I bask in the sorrow and bitterness. It's pretty much consumed me to the point where I have no real motivation to achieve in college and get a decent job beyond absolute necessity, I can't befriend people and there is no way in heaven or hell I'll ever initiate anything with a girl. Even if they tried I'd self sabotage and ruin it because, as someone once said to me, I don't want to be happy in that way.

My way of happiness is through this depression and sorrow. Call me an edgelore and such all you want but I've been this way for many years now and every time I try to change it feels completely disingenuous. I've built my personality around this hollow feeling and if it leaves it takes all of me with it.
>>
File: 1406321702143.png (119 KB, 684x576) Image search: [Google]
1406321702143.png
119 KB, 684x576
>>27381315
Yeah man, I get how you feel. I'd tell all that to my therapist, and he'd just say, "Well, you can't force motivation, you've gotta just let it come, blah blah blah" and I left the session feeling kinda bummed that he didn't really give me any advice. I don't really know any way out of it either. Everything seems way too difficult to take on. I still play my guitar sometimes, but that's all I got besides shitposting on /r9k/. Fuck, like I can barely even send out this post. I was so close to just closing the reply box because I feel like it's so pointless and worthless.
>>
>>27381575

Prerry much the same. I think it goes for all depressed people. I have no energy for anything and I feel safe in my own miserable utopia. Any change requires energy and this is something I lack.
>>
i heard about st johns wort which supposedly helps with it. does it? havent tried it
>>
>>27379623
>I'm curious about what the most common reason is.
Chemical imbalances.

EOF
>>
>>27379623
>Why are you depressed?

I have no friends, gf, or sense of meaning in life.
>>
the last few years have just blurred right past me, i dont take note of days and i have no plans for the future, everyday i get up with the goal of just existing through the day so it bleeds more time away from my life. i play vidya, browse r9k, watch tv/movies and sleep. im also on zoloft which does nothing but numb me and stop me fapping. i live at my parents but i dont talk to anyone, i spend my time in this room. i worry about the future but overally i just put it off. i have no desire for anything, i constantly think about just how meaningless, pointless and absurd everything is. there is no path in life i feel thats "worth doing" and its gotten to the point where i dont even feel its worth talking to people, my health, mind, social skills.. are shit and eroding all the time. i used to be really driven and want a lot out of life but now im just wasting away. im also weak and scared. i dont know whats going to happen, i dont have the energy or will to live like normal people or take care of myself do so i dont know whats going to happen in the future..

>>27381315
>>27381575
iktfb
>>
>>27379623
Was NEET for two years after high school and only just started Uni this year. I've had to move to another country with my parents and so I've left all my friends behind. I'm studying something I hate and I see no future for myself. I know that I should be working to actively shape a better future for myself but I'm just so tired and bitter. I think constantly about snatching some mall-cop's gun and offing myself before anyone can stop me.
>>
>>27381813
taken for a few months. it stops depressive thoughts, numbs you a bit, reduced anxiety, slightly raised aggression, its basically a weak/low dose SSRI. it also gave me a lot of energy and the drive to workout for a while. i had a few days where i had insane energy and could workout like 3x more than i usually would, like speed or something. i stopped and went to zoloft but i think i had a better experience on st.johns wort, though i stopped that as i was bored of feeling numb and wanted to see what would happen if i stopped.

its a safe OTC so just get some and try it out for a while. its prescribed in germany for people with depression.
>>
File: sorcerer in the forest.jpg (613 KB, 2914x1215) Image search: [Google]
sorcerer in the forest.jpg
613 KB, 2914x1215
>>27381575
Beautifully written man. In truth, I think we reach a point of isolation that we don't know how to reintegrate. Almost like we evolve out of our own species. We become wizards.
>>
>>27381813

Poppy seed tea works better.
>>
File: NLbAJpu.jpg (34 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
NLbAJpu.jpg
34 KB, 720x720
Grad student. I actually don't mind that part.

I've had a gay experience and feel extreme shame. A guy on CL sucked my dick. I hate myself everyday and I feel as if I will be judged for that by women.

I am not successful with women but have had sex and a relationship, so its even worse knowing I will never have that again. I get rejected frequently. I don't want a fat or ugly chick. I quit smoking and work out to improve my prospects to no avail.

I have an ugly recessed chin which in turn makes my neck shitty.

I am diagnosed with depression, ocd, and adhd. I rant to friends and family and its gotten to the point where I make my parents cry with how dark and warped I get.

My dad is way more alpha than me.

I was a late bloomer throughout highschool.

Lost viriginity at 21.

Friendzoned... ALOT. Humiliated alot.

The main reason I fucking hate myself is that I obsess over women and relationships. I've never dumped anyone... i always try to stick it out... but its no use. I will always be left behind.

My penis is 6"x5"

Have only made one girl cum with my mouth and hands.

I'm in a spell right now, as I type.

25yo
5'9
190lbs
>>
>>27382409
Continuation...

I've never actively tried to kill myself. I just want someone to shoot me.
>>
>>27379623
Mostly future related anxiety, I have a hard time imagining myself getting a job in my profession, and I have an even harder time imagining myself somehow becoming happy, even if I can eventually have a financially stable family in the collapsing world economy of the next decade or two. I remember wanting to kill myself since 5th grade, it's nothing new and it feels so inevitable that I may end up doing it in 5 years or so.
>>
>>27382409
>has had a blowjob
>has made a girl cum
literally light years ahead of most of us
>>
File: BAD INTERNET RAPPERS YouTube2.png (737 KB, 1131x587) Image search: [Google]
BAD INTERNET RAPPERS YouTube2.png
737 KB, 1131x587
>>27382802
I have trouble letting go. It makes my break-up nasty... I feel like I have been marked for getting a gay blowjob. If I could go back and change it I would. If I could go back I'd play alot less vidya and had eaten better and exercised more. I wish I wasn't such a dumbfuck when I was a kid
>>
I'm a loser fuckup.
>>
I have a mediocre job and still live with my parents who are absolutely insufferable to be around. I'd like to work during the daytime but always take night shifts specifically to avoid seeing them. It makes me feel terrible when I have a day that actually goes well and it turns into shit the minute I walk into the house.
>>
>>27379780
dutchfag detected
>>
Confirmed: ocd, depression, social anxiety.
Couldn't look at peoples faces and barely able to talk to them.
Reason: idk it just closed in on me over time to the point that i didnt want to wake up ever again. I did nothing and i was nothing.
Tried to kill myself but couldn't.
Eventually forced into antidepressants, those motherfuckers worked.
Through therapy with my shrink i was able to make friends but the only thing making me not want to die was the antidepressants and my ldgf.
Started just doing whatever the fuck i wanted because i was alive and could.
Got into uni and my gf goes there too, life is pretty good now. I somehow summoned academic drive and after 1 semester have two TA positions and got invited to an internship at the federal reserve. Also have a friend who can get me a job at a hedgefund.
It gets better friends, you just cant pull the trigger like i almost did.
>>
>>27382203
oppy seed tea? is poppy seed legal here in the states? i think it is but the neutered version right?
>>
>>27383120
move out anon. Find a roommate to help with the rent costs.
>>
Autistic and also bipolar I think. I'll feel really great sometimes when I'm feeling up, and then I'll feel fucking worthless when I'm down, like a weight is crushing my heart. It's pretty hard sometimes. I love you guys though, hope it works out for all of you. I know how hard it can be
>>
File: anime girl.jpg (42 KB, 500x553) Image search: [Google]
anime girl.jpg
42 KB, 500x553
I want to be a girl..

Anyone else know this feel?

I don't care if I'm 6/10, 5/10, 4/10.. whatever
I'll work hard to make my appearance better

As a man, I feel it is pointless if I'm not Chad.
>>
I just feel like shit
>>
File: 1452321268531.jpg (12 KB, 260x267) Image search: [Google]
1452321268531.jpg
12 KB, 260x267
>>27381315
>>27381575
i feel every word of those posts
>>
>>27384276
Kind of

I want to be a cute girl so I can wear cute clothes, but I don't want to be a girl permanently or crossdress

Maybe VR will help this
>>
>>27379623
Idk but I hate myself.
I used to beat myself after school for little errors like making a B on an assignment or not standing up for myself.
I work construction and every little mistake or misalignment in things I build makes me hate myself even more.
Now I drink to make myself feel better.
All I do is work, drink, and sleep.
I only talk to a few people ever.
I have a good relationship with my parents and am on my own.
I had one gf at 15 but it was short lived and I never got any.
I feel completely inadequate in every facet of life even though I have an above avg iq and wiener.
We do millions of dollars in business annually but none of my attractive metrics matter to me.
I'm not perfect so I hate myself.
I haven't talked to a woman outside of a strictly business setting in over 3 years.
Kill me Peter.
>>
>tfw this entire thread makes me feel like shit because it just proves further that I am not unique in any way and that literally everyone else feels the exact same things
>>
File: 1437957567154.jpg (11 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1437957567154.jpg
11 KB, 228x221
i feel that there is so much "wrong" in my life that i am unable to get a hold of it.. when something is wrong you can try and fix it, but how do you fix something when everything is wrong about it?

i'm an overweight 24 years old hhkw wageslave, working third shift in a third world country. i live with my mother sharing a single room, my father abandoned us before i was born.

all the money i get are used for food, bills and moms medication. i used to feel frustrated and bitter about this life i've got, but in time i lost the flame for that. now i just tear up silently.

i feel like some kind of inhumane husk, an animated cadaver. I have to be some kind of monster to not had the chance to feel the warmth of a girls hand all those years... i would burst in tears if i ever felt a hug.

i know i can end it, but i feel guilty of causing such grief to my mother...for some reason she tries her best to lie herself about how i will somehow make it, and everytime i can't take her baseless hopes anymore and prove her wrong, she bursts into crying.

i wish i've never had happened... am i not supposed to die when my life is pointless misery, when i'm powerless to be but an observer to this futility?
>>
File: 1449638227908.png (308 KB, 492x957) Image search: [Google]
1449638227908.png
308 KB, 492x957
>Tfw too depressed to even remember
>>
File: 1458785113751.jpg (31 KB, 650x518) Image search: [Google]
1458785113751.jpg
31 KB, 650x518
>>27379623
>depression meme

have any of you actually seen a doctor or are you just saying that?
>>
File: 1454995955399.jpg (131 KB, 648x595) Image search: [Google]
1454995955399.jpg
131 KB, 648x595
>>27381315
>People in school always thought I was the smart, quiet kid. In reality I don't even have the motivation.
Me throughout my entire life
>Everyone is starting to figure out I'm just an anxious wreck with no hobbies, drive or direction in life, and not as smart as others believe.
>>
File: 1454105090561.png (166 KB, 936x590) Image search: [Google]
1454105090561.png
166 KB, 936x590
>>27385519

You're a good person for looking after your mom.
>>
>>27385705

I went to many doctors from like 6 years old until I was around 15 or 16. I'm diagnosed major depression and bipolar, but I'm positive borderline is there, too.

Long story short, I've been depressed my whole life, and I'll be 27 soon.
>>
File: 1425186520956s.jpg (3 KB, 125x107) Image search: [Google]
1425186520956s.jpg
3 KB, 125x107
>tfw you realize there is no cure for depression
>>
>>27384109

It's legal. Just make sure to go to your local indepedent co-op to get the good seeds.
>>
>>27381575
I feel like I've just been fucking shot.
>tfw every time I've tried to get out or someone else has tried I've found a way to make sure I don't change.
>tfw it is the entirety of my being
>>
>>27379623
i'm depressed because there was nothing good or nothing outright bad in my life
it's like a self fueling cycle of "oh i shouldn't be feeling this terrible my life wasn't that bad" and then thinking "i deserve how i feel and how lonely i am"

i guess i'm depressed because i'm lonely, and as pathetic as this sounds in the rare times i get to talk casually with females lifts the veil just a little bit
right now i don't have anyone i can trust with this emotional garbage and that kind of kills me inside, but when i do trust someone enough i turn into a huge fucking idiot sperg so it's better for me to be alone

this is fine
>>
>>27385705

When you want to kill yourself every day you live I think it's pretty easy to self-diagnose.
>>
>>27379623
>depression
>real
Pick one.
At least I tell myself that everyday in hopes that it really is all a delusion. Pills don't even do much anymore other than making me sleep and become mad. And being committed is BS; shit doesn't help!
>>
>depressed as fuck but make no effort to reach out because other people shouldn't have to deal with my shit
>only the squeaky wheel gets the grease
>>
>>27381575
I know this feeling, anon.

I can't remember a time before the depression, and I can't imagine a time after it. I don't know who I would be without it.

Sometimes I think I should stop taking my meds because of this.
>>
File: 1454298699079.jpg (17 KB, 337x415) Image search: [Google]
1454298699079.jpg
17 KB, 337x415
>Dont want to work
>Dont work to play vidya
>Dont want to watch anime anymore
>Either cant sleep or over seep
>Dont want gf
>Cant stand human interactions but am incredibly lonely
>Literally dont want anything in life
>Dont hate life enough to hero
>Simply exist
>>
reply to this
>>>675758763
>>
I'm depressed because everyone i love shits on me. rejection and public humiliation because of said rejection is and always has been a fact of life for me yet. im too fucking retarded to stop trying. rejected now 19 times. and still a kissless and now, friendless. virgin. what keeps me going is the pure chance that i have not an-hero'd yet.
>>
>>27387574
what did that post say say?
>>
>>27387589
>everyone i love shits on me
Does that include your parents?
>>
bumping for reasons

original
>>
>>27379623

I feel like I wasted a lot of my life thus far. I really feel like I woke up from some horrible dream like a year or so ago.

I'm also very alone and have few tools for getting to be less alone, and it seems like whenever I try something it fails. Nothing snowballs how I'd like.

It's feeling trapped, I guess. Trapped in my mistakes, in my bad decisions, in my bad habits, in my ineptitude.
>>
I think I'm finished. I just need to purchase some Bitcoin without my mom noticing and buy some heroin and benzo's to OD with.
>>
File: Look_away.png (21 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
Look_away.png
21 KB, 200x194
I'm not sure if I would call it depression. I'm just apathetic. Like life is just something I want to get over with so I can go back to sleep.

If I start thinking about life I become exacerbated. It's better to just not think
>>
>>27385705

What would a doctor change? Are there pills which would send you back in time to become a different person or change things? Are there pills which can change your personality? There probably are, but why would you live a life where you need personality altering medication to live? I'm not talking about schizophrenia or similar illnesses, where it makes sense.

>>27386449

Because it's ungrateful and pretentious to call yourself depressed. It's the last thing left which doesn't turn me (or everyone else) into a complete and utter asshole.
>>
probably most likely due to inherited depression from both parents

or bio dad leaving and being too mentally insane to have a relationship with

or always letting people down

or never being able to hold onto friends in my life

or being poor

or slowly dying inside

any of those really
>>
>>27379623
Can't find work. Nobody wants me to work for them. Even for the shittiest jobs I get rejected.
No perspective, no hope. I can't bear being jobless and on benefits for the rest of my life. I've actually set myself a date now. No job before then and the train it is.
>>
>>27379623
>Why are you depressed?
I don't know, ask my genes.

You think depression is something that people get for a reason? Fuck off. We have reasons which make life fucking shit, but those events alone don't contribute to the fact that targeted medication for neurotransmitters does not work as intended for people without clinical depression, meaning that people aren't depressed for a reason.

That's like asking a kid with MS why he has MS. Feeling sad isn't depression. Having a shit year isn't depression.
>>
>>27388570

I don't understand that. You have a goal and you're pursuing it. Why do you set yourself a deadline on something that you're obviously desiring? The same applies to the guy above with rejection issues. He's trying, so why would he quit?
>>
>>27385705
Depression is easy as fuck to diagnose, I feel like shit and want to kill myself so I went out to get help, and what do they tell me? "You've got a major depression", wow like that's news to me.
>>
>>27388616

It's hard to take you seriously and believe that you're depressed if you find so much energy to be pretentious on the internet.
>>
>>27388662
>find so much energy to be pretentious on the internet.
Oh please fucking kill yourself you pathetic teenager. Depression is a real mental illness, not something that just fucking happens from circumstance.

I have nothing but disgust for the faggots who add to the invalidation of what depression is for those who actually have it, by projecting all of this non-scientific mumbo jumbo which people have used for the longest time as a means for telling people to "just me themselves" and it will all be better.

I probably have had one of the worst lives out of any of the anons in this thread with a long family history of clinical depression and suicide, so don't you for a fucking moment try to tell me that I don't understand what the fuck I'm talking about.
>>
>>27388570
Because I've been jobless for almost a year now. The previous job I got through trickery and it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. During that job it became obvious why I'm utterly unfit for most jobs. Before that I was jobless for years. Every time I get rejected again I feel like I'm listening to a tape recorder on endless repeat. I have a goal, but I think it's probably untenable and as I said, I cannot live on jobless. Partly because my society treats jobless people badly, partly because the government pesters people on benefits, but mostly because I simply cannot live with myself being jobless forever. Every new week is slightly worse than the week before. I feel worse, I feel my IQ and energy dropping, I've started to hate my old hobbies to the point that posting in depression threads on 4chan is an improvement, and I'm generally just bloody sick of everything. I have to say at some point 'this is it'.
>>
>>27384223
>mfw he died
>in reality always had good moments
>all he had was some PBS painting show and was completely content in life

I wish I could find something that did this for me
>>
>>27388725

Nothing which you wrote had anything to do with the thing I said. On the contrary, you just confirmed it.
>>
>>27388617
Sorry, this >>27388765 was meant to be a reply to you. I'm so incompetent I cannot even get 4chan posts right.
>>
>>27388768

>all he had was

I understand that you didn't intend to be mean, but you're kind of belittling him. I find it sad when people put others down because their jobs seem menial. In this case, it's not menial, but it seems "simple" and that's why most of the people assume he, or anyone who does the same, settled for less and is unambitious.
>>
>>27379623
I cant connect to other people. I feel like shit in most group situations and people have a hard time liking me. As do I.
>>
>>27388973
a lot of people are like that anon, don't worry too much about it
>>
>>27379623
I wouldn't say im super depressed but Im feeling a little down.
I have anxiety and this week its been really bad. I drank too much over the last two weeks prior and now I have random bouts of racing thoughts and unexplainable sadness. Not as severe as early in the week though. Trying not to drink for a couple weeks but it sucks because I went to a show earlier and everyone was drinking having a good time and Im all sober trying not to think about having a panic attack.
Not the first time this has happened either. Apparently i dont learn from my mistakes.
>>
>>27379623
Depressed about all the chances I've missed. I'm no pissbottle neet but likewise I'm no Chad Thundercock, and I feel I've missed the chance of ever knowing someone I will truly love. Penultimate year of University with mostly only male friends, everyone's busy finding a job (me included), no chance of actually bonding deeply with new acquaintances. Will be working in the banking industry, doesn't sound help my chances of finding an introverted girl that would like me.
>>
Been depressed as fuck for a good 4 or so years now, can't even hold down a job for longer than a month and I've been unemployed because of it for a year, too.

Not gonna lie though bros, I picked up lifting since I got nothing else to do about a month ago, and the exercise helps depression meme is quite real. I'm starting to feel a lot better and more "intact" if that makes any sense. You ever get that feeling where you feel like you're not even in your body, but kind of onlooker in your head? It's been going away for me since I started.

The question is for how long will it recede before it comes back, that's what I'm worried about.
>>
>>27381359
This is exactly how I feel and I'm also unhappy about my recent abortion. My unborn baby could have been my saviour.
>>
>>27379623
Put all my time and neet energy into making something creative over the last few weeks. A few people said they really like but for no reason i feel sad and empty now i finished it.
>>
Found out I have a tumor behind my eye.

Probably just going to kill myself if it's either too expensive to do anything about it or if it's legit deadly and the odds are low.
>>
>>27380901
fuck off roastie cunt, women can't suffer from sadness
>>
I fucking hate depression. I'm not depressed myself but it fucked up my relationshio and dragged me down with her. Jezus fucking christ.

She doesnt want help, she doesn't want to get better. I get irationally angrier and angrier at everything. What the fuck.
>>
Anyone else 'getting far in life' just because people have told you to do so, and because you have the natural ability to do what others consider difficult?

I'm now an engineer. I smashed all barriers in front of me, be it exams, my engineering course, job interview, etc. Everyone keeps telling me how driven I am and how ambitious I must be, but I don't give a shit about anything. I only chose this because out of all the career choices I could have made, this one was probably going to be the most stable with regards to income. I got this far almost accidentally, it feels; I'm constantly lying to people about my future career aspirations, because honestly, I don't have any.

I've never worked hard, and it's always worked out anyway. Now that I'm in the real world though, I'm starting to realise you really do need 'drive' and 'passion' to do what the normies refer to as 'progressing'.

I feel like the world's biggest fraud.
>>
Who /noappetite/ here
>>
>>27390079
I've had a tiny meal a day for the last few weeks and my health is failing and I'm in physical pain

I just want to die at this point I don't see anything getting better
>>
>>27379623
I was taught I'm just a burden, and life is pointless.
>>
>>27380901
>BOO HOO I'M SAD CHAD DOESN'T LOVE ME :^(
>>
>>27389877
>>27390456
he's not a chad ;_;
he's really nice..
>>
>>27390574
sure he's not.
Get off my board, slut.
We don't want you here.
>>
Anyone else physically disabled?
>>
>>27390581

You should be nice to women anon

it's part of being a good man.
>>
>>27390651

Yeah, I have a permanently damaged penis due to a an incident, that has left me a sexual cripple with chronic pain.

Shit sucks.
>>
>>27390671

There isn't any surgery to fix it? How do you cope with the chronic pain?
>>
>>27390688

>There isn't any surgery to fix it?

There are several that might be able to improve it slightly, or might make it worse. All would be very painful and wouldn't be able to actually make it normal.

>How do you cope with the chronic pain?

Drinking is pretty much the only thing that dulls it. Pain relievers don't work. The nerves are shot.
>>
>>27390581
he's not ;_;
he's a good person, and he's nice to me.
>>
>>27390705

Surgery is pretty scary too, I don't trust doctors.

Have you considered medical marijuana?
>>
File: x.png (406 KB, 573x540) Image search: [Google]
x.png
406 KB, 573x540
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I love him so much

just kill me
>>
>>27390717

Yeah, I have actually tried it and it does work, but I'm a NEET and can't afford it and my insurance won't cover it. My recommendation has also long since expired and getting a new one is a lot of money.
>>
>>27390705
So why aren't you destroying yourself with opioids by now?
>>
How many of you fags on meds?
Do they work?

I've been depressed probably from mid teens, and it's been a decade now. No joy in living. Not even a pussy about dying - just no point for now. Things will be getting worse and change that, however.
>>
>>27379623
I'm 27 years old now, never had a friend, never had a gf, live in the woods with my mom, no job no money, got diagnosed with schizophrenia at 23, 360 lbs (down from 400),diabetes, high blood pressure, 3 inch dick constant feeling of pain in my mind because of my life. I listen to music and eat to dull it. I walk for 30 mins a day working my way up to 60. To lose weight. I draw, I browse 4 chan, I listen to music, thats it. I'm on anti depressants, antipsychotics, a bunch of stuff for my other physical problems, etc. It's just hard day by day mostly because I know it will only get worse as time goes on.
>>
>>27390999
You should stop eating.

I'm not joking. Fasting will do an interesting number on your mind.
>>
I need to stop feeling things.
>>
>>27381315
thank you, anon, for describing my feels in a exact way. I feel the same as you, but I can't articulate the words to explain it as well as you did.
>>
>>27379623
The fact that I secretely don't like any of my friends makes me feel lonely even when I'm in good company.
And also I can't enjoy anything unless I'm so fucked up on drugs that I forget who I am and what my life is like.

The reason why I'm so depressed? Because I'm a fucking loser.
>>
>>27390986
I tried every family of antidepressants and none of them seems to work.
>>
>>27391561
I don't think they'll make you happy, but the chemicals must lessen your mood swings or something right?
>>
>>27391561
That's because they literally don't work.
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-antidepressant-drugs-really-work/

>>27391585

It's a scam from the pharmaceutical industry. Exploiting the mentally ill.
>>
>>27391585
not actually. I'm still unstable as fuck. One hour I feel angry at everything, then I just feel numb or sad. It's like a ride on a ferris wheel of feels.

>>27391596
I saw some studies showing that helps little more than placebo, so, yeah, I know they don't work. I'm taking then only to regulate my sleep pattern. Considering quitting, though.
>>
>>27391640
>I'm taking then only to regulate my sleep pattern
Or you could do intense exercise and stop taking poison pills. I just don't sleep If I don't exercise.
>>
>>27391656
I don't have energy to exercize. Even brooming my 25m2 studio seems like a great effort.
>>
Was very against labeling myself as depressed and receiving any sort of treatment for depression, but its kinda gotten to the point where I have to acknowledge it or risk turning into a robot caricature.
>>
>>27390999
Keep doing the walking thing. Don't give up on that. Godspeed, brother.
>>
>>27379623
I'm depressed because of boredom. All I do is browse /r9k/ and hear music.
>>
>>27379623

i think the most common reason is ptsd
>>
File: 1431548013857.png (692 KB, 492x554) Image search: [Google]
1431548013857.png
692 KB, 492x554
>>27380014
Out out out out

origin
>>
File: 0177 - 7Du3SUn.jpg (117 KB, 1023x986) Image search: [Google]
0177 - 7Du3SUn.jpg
117 KB, 1023x986
>nobody loves me
>nobody cares about me
>no friends
>all this for 5 years+
>kissless handholdless virgin
>balding
>ugly face
>crooked spine
>small penis
>phimosis, so I couldn't even have sex with a hooker
>shitty minimum wage job
>no money
>no hope
>>
>>27380901
cute
cutecuterr
>>
File: 1456109765359.jpg (241 KB, 404x534) Image search: [Google]
1456109765359.jpg
241 KB, 404x534
>>27393286
my favorite version
>>
I don't know if I'm depressed since I've never gone to a therapist so I'm pretty much self diagnosed.

Every day when I wake up I tell to myself that I'm fine, that there's nothing wrong with me, that I don't have a reason to be sad, that I can change things, be loved and have a happy life. But deep down I know I'm lying to myself and that I'm worthless, ugly, lonely and will probably be so in the future.
I know that I think those good things as a mechanism of self defense because I don't want to accept the reality and I do that by lying to myself.
When I realize that I'm lying to myself I find everything pointless, I feel apathetic and lose interest in everything.

I just want the world to end or to have never been born.
>>
liver not detoxifying toxins properly or something. I smell like shit, not sure how to cure it, i bath and everything like twice a day. Thinking it has to do with my intestinal permeability and my anxiety. Gonna work on those and hope my smell gets better.
Even if it does get better i will be a guy in his later 20s who is broke as fuck and in debt with no social skills. The stuff i have to do to cure myself takes an enormous amount of effort and it might not even work anyways.

I have a hard time seeing the light at the end of this tunnel desu
>>
File: mun purisumu powa SLAP.gif (441 KB, 243x135) Image search: [Google]
mun purisumu powa SLAP.gif
441 KB, 243x135
>>27379623
>Why are you depressed?
If I knew I'd do something about it

>>27379623
Probably loneliness
>>
File: 1458271440395.png (660 KB, 698x840) Image search: [Google]
1458271440395.png
660 KB, 698x840
I get anxiety attacks for no reason. I cant stop worrying about everything. Its unbearable to be in public, i feel very uncomfortable around people. I have no idea on how to talk to people. Life is pain.
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.