[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else here lives through fiction? I don't even have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1458455123508.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458455123508.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
who else here lives through fiction?

I don't even have a life anymore, escapism and sleep is all I do
>>
Fiction > 3d human life
>>
Sleep is all I do. and listen to music, that's it.
>>
I'm literally becoming a meme.

I'm a disgusting neet who watches anime.
>>
File: kayo.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kayo.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
fiction is all I have anymore

>get obsessed with a series
>the ending is bad
>want to kill myself
>>
File: ert.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ert.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
None of you are older than 25.
>>
>>27378161
The ending wasn't that bad bro~
>>
>>27378094
i don't find escapism fun anymore
all i do is browse internet and think about tfw no gf
>>
>>27378244
I thought it was going to be a cute romance drama but it was actually just a half-baked murder mystery
>>
I've been NEET for six months and all I've done is exercise and watch anime. My mother is the only human being I've spoken to. I'm rotting my brain with anime.
>>
>>27378446
Any new series you can recommend to another NEET? I've been a NEET for 7 years.
>>
>>27378472
Stuff I've been watching this past season:

>Boku dake ga Inai Machi (Erased)
A really cute mystery anime about a guy with uncontrollable time travel powers who gets sent back in time to his child self after getting framed for a murder. The first half is STRONG, the ending is a little weak but it's still good.

>Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (KonoSuba)
A decently funny parody of those dumb "IT'S A VIDEOGAME BUT IT'S REAL/I'M TRAPPED" shows. Very tropey, very self-aware, very mindless fun

>Oshiete! Galko-chan
A funny collection of shorts (like 7 minutes long) about high school girls talking about gross shit like tampons and pussy lips. It's funnier than I expected
>>
>>27378201

I'm 27 and I've had no life outside of fiction since I left high school.

Escapism stopped working for me lately so now I just don't really do anything other than exist.
>>
File: 1458589506661.jpg (32 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1458589506661.jpg
32 KB, 288x288
>>27378201
>>27378641
I'm 26 and I recommend drinking to bring back the joy of escapism.

It also helps with keeping a sleep schedule.
>>
File: puhuhuhu.jpg (217 KB, 617x720) Image search: [Google]
puhuhuhu.jpg
217 KB, 617x720
>>27378446
>six months

Super original comment, kiddo.
>>
>>27378864
Is being NEET a competition now?

I've been watching anime since I was a kid, but I used to balance it out with basic social interaction at school or work. I have nothing now. I'm a feral weeb.
>>
I do. The Dark Tower, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter.

It's not restricted to books, though, as much as I love them. Video games help a lot, too. Mass Effect, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Onimusha.

But, since the NEET life doesn't appeal to me, I work for my escapes. Time away from a book or a game makes time with them all the more sweet.

I've got nothing else going for me. And that's okay.
>>
Light novels are one of my preferred types of escapism, it's mostly poorly written power fantasies about going to another world and becoming a hero with a loli beastgirl harem or whatever. The sort of trashy stuff teenage boys would enjoy but hey some series actually aren't that bad. Unfortunately it's much harder to translate walls of text like that than things like anime and manga where there are fewer lines and things are expressed through illustration, so there's a lot less translated work than in those mediums.

Mushoku Tensei is #1 of course, tons of content, interesting canon and fun to read. Also see: World Teacher, Mother of Learning, Overlord, Coiling Dragon, Daybreak on Hyperion, Kumo Desu aka spider-chan's exciting underground adventures.
>>
>>27378094
And?

Fiction. Reality. Theres not much difference. The visual and auditory experience is the same. But Fiction >> Reality.
>>
>>27378256
Been feeling like this lately, but not about just gf, but any contact in general. I want a irl friend.
>>
>>27378094

Fiction is so nice because it's a controlled setting and the things you want to happen generally do. Probably not superior to the best real life has to offer, but getting the best from real life is not a normal thing, and the anime is pretty normal
>>
>>27378641
What do you think of Aria?
>>
>>27378201
I am 20 years old, but I don't have any ambitions or dreams, so tell me robots what do you consider a successfull person? There must be something that you wanted to do or be.
>>
I wish I could stop, but my mind won't let me deal with my real life.
>>
>>27379678

I wanted the world to be a better place than it really is or is possible for it to be. I kind of looked around for causes or people who had the answers I was looking for, and never found them, because there are none. You can't take money with you when you die. Children are anchors who steal your life and they're not automatically good people who are gonna be there for you later on in life. Friends have their own priorities that will eventually move them away from you. You're an object of women (either an extra wallet, or a provider, or the person to get pushed into the of fire to take the bullets for her) and not a person.

So I kind of just settled on doing whatever I could so other people would just leave me alone
>>
>>27378094
>Miyako

I want to be your friend
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.