[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone interested in reading some quotations about Adolf Hitler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: adolfhitler.jpg (11 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
adolfhitler.jpg
11 KB, 300x250
Is anyone interested in reading some quotations about Adolf Hitler while he lived in Vienna during his early 20s?

The quotations are from the writings of Reinhold Hanisch, who lived and worked with Adolf while they stayed at the Meldemannstrasse dormitory for homeless men from 1910 to 1913.

Please bump if this thread interests you.
>>
oh I've seen this thread before. Hitler was a very intriguing man. you could almost say he was a robot.
>>
>>27377982
I am the Anon who posted a similar thread to this, although the source material in that case was August Kubizek's "The Young Hitler I Knew".
>>
>>27377936
bumpine
>>
Thread quality protip: Never start a thread with "would anybody be interested in this content?"

Just post the fucking content.
>>
On Reinhold's first impression of Adolf at the homeless accommodation

>"The neighbor on my right looked sad, and so we asked him questions. For several days he had been living on benches in the parks where his sleep was often disturbed by policemen. He had landed here dead tired, hungry, with sore feet. His blue-checked suit had turned lilac, and the rain and the "burning" in the asylum bleached it. We gave him our bread because he had nothing to eat. An old beggar standing near by advised him to go to the convent in the Gumpendorferstrasse; there every morning between nine and ten soup was given to the poor. We said this was "calling on Kathie", probably because the name of the Mother Superior was Katherine. My neighbor's name was Adolf Hitler."
>>
>>27378083
Yes you're right. In the past I have just posted the quotations [Example: https://desustorage.org/r9k/thread/24764611/], though occasionally I have posted quotations from a wok I found interesting only for the thread to die after fifteen posts or so. /coolstory

On Adolf describing himself at the time

>"He told us that he was a painter, an artist, and had read quite a lot, that his father was a small customs official in Braunau-on-Inn and that he had attended the Realschule in Linz. Now he had come to Vienna in the hope of earning a living here, since he had already devoted much time to painting in Linz, but had been bitterly disappointed in his hopes. His landlady had dispossessed him and he had found himself on the street without shelter"
>>
>>27378084
Hitler was a rags to riches story?

My respect for him has literally tripled.
>>
>>27378196
rags to war hero to riches really and that only brings us up to 1935.

Cool guy to be honest.
>>
>>27378196
Yes, he life does fit that narrative. His parents were by no means rich and in school he seems to have been regarded as someone from peasant stock by his wealthier classmates. He suffered poverty during his time in Vienna having failed to enter the academy of arts. Some have accused him of making very little effort of avoiding poverty however due to laziness and stubbornness.

On Adolf's living conditions during winter time

>"During the day we tried to earn a little money at odd jobs, and in the evenings we had our gatherings. When the winter cold set in, conditions for the poor like ourselves were much harder. Hitler went daily "calling on Kathie" to get his soup and afterward trolled to the Western Railway Station, where sometimes there was an opportunity to carry a passenger's bag for a few pennies. But often he got nothing at all, and we had to share our bread with him."
>>
On Adolf's poverty and lack of direction in life

>"After his father's death Hitler's family received a pension of fifty kronen monthly, but his sister, who had just been married, received this pension and Hitler got nothing. He was not earning enough with his package-carrying for food, and in the evening in the Home we used to give him some horse-sausage or the like. It was a miserable life, and I once asked him what he was really waiting for. He answered, "I don't know myself". I have never seen such helpless letting-down in distress."
>>
File: crying-waterfalls.gif (278 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
crying-waterfalls.gif
278 KB, 450x338
>>27378287
Hitler-kun...pls...
>>
On Adolf's attitude towards work

>"When I asked him what the matter was and whether we were going to keep on working, he answered that he must recuperate now, that he must have some leisure, that he was not a coolie. [...] he never had enough self-control to force himself to work. Often I didn't know what to do with the orders because it was impossible to make Hitler work. In the morning he sat in the hall of the Home, and was supposed to be making drawings while I was busy canvassing the frame manufacturers and upholsterers. But then political discussion would start and generally Hitler would become the ringleader. When I came back in the evening I often had to take the Tsquare out of his hands, because he would be swinging it over his head, making a speech."
>>
On Adolf's physical appearance during his early 20s

>"Hitler wore a long coat that Neumann had given him because he couldn't dispose of it in the Jewish quarter, and he wore an incredibly greasy derby hat on the back of his head. His hair was long and tangled and he grew a beard on his chin"
>>
bumperino alpacino
>>
On Adolf's view of women and his experience with them

>"But Hitler's high opinion of love and marriage, and his strong condemnation of men's disloyalty, didn't prevent him from having very small regard for women. He used to lecture us about this, saying every woman can be had. All you have to do, he said, is to wear your hat on the back of your head, so your face will be as visible as possible. And he himself did wear his derby on the back of his head. He often said that it was the woman's fault if a man went astray. A decent man can never improve a bad woman, but a woman can improve a man. Then he used to relate an experience he had had when he was very young, to prove his self-control. During one of his vacations from high school, in the country, he met a milkmaid who appealed to him, and who liked him, too. Once, as she was milking the cow and he was alone with her, she behaved rather foolishly. But Hitler suddenly thought of the eventual consequences and ran away, like the chaste Joseph, knocking over a big pot of fresh milk."
>>
On Adolf's love for Wagner and the opera

>"We often went to the scenic railway in the Prater, where we could hear the organ play "Tannhauser". Hitler listened quietly and explained the action to us. Once he grabbed my hand excitedly and said, "That's the passage! Do you hear? That's the passage!". On our way home he tried to explain the opera to us and sang some passages. In his excited way he could only hum a few tones and fidget with his arms. But he could describe the scenes very well, and what the music meant. I don't think that it was a real understanding of music, though; he had more of a sense for what was going on on the stage and what had to be performed. For Wagner he had a great enthusiasm, and said sometimes that opera is really the best divine service. Everything about him was somewhat exaggerated."
>>
>>27378853
Today we have Rihanna.
>>
On Adolf's view of German mythology and the ideal political state

>"If the Germans had remained faithful to their old mythology, they would today be a united nation, and would have reached a higher standard of civilization. He meant that the Germanic faith, if retained, would have become more ideal with the changing times, and in this connection pointed to the Greeks, in whose faith he said ideals were revered as gods. He was a particular admirer of the structure of the Greek state, where scholars and philosophers exerted a strong influence, a thing we should have emulated. That had been the epoch of philosophy, but in our technical age philosophy was badly neglected. He asserted that it would be easier to combat misery if there were more philosophy. And moreover, he said, there should be more business men in the government, that is should not be, as it was, full of jurists and bureaucrats"
>>
>a bunch of lies about hitler from one dude who was probably paid millions to say a bunch of embarrassing this about him
>>
>>27379391
The evidence suggests what he says is mostly if not all true. He names individuals who Adolf associated with at the time who also verified the observations Mr. Hanisch made. And his description of Adolf at the time resemble August Kubizek's portrayal around the same period.

On Adolf's perception of himself as an artist

>"Hitler often promised to become more diligent, but as soon as I went out in the morning he went back to his old practices. In the morning he wouldn't begin work until he'd read several newspapers, and if anyone should come in with another newspaper he'd read that too. Meanwhile the orders I brought in weren't carried out. But if I reproached him he only said that an artist needed inspiration. Once I told him, to his great dismay, that he was no artist. [...] He could never stand any criticism of his paintings. Once he painted a picture of sea surf, with some rocks, and handed it to me telling me to take it to Ebedeser on the Opernring. Mr. Ebedeser only said, "That's nothing, absolutely nothing". Then I often went with him to the City Hall Museum and showed him watercolors that he might use as models. He picked out those of lesser quality and remarked that they were no better than his."
>>
On the way women viewed Adolf

>"All during this time, of course, Hitler was living in the deepest misery in Vienna. He was so poor and so ill fed that he was hardly conscious of his needs, and his poverty prevented him from having anything to do with women. Besides, his queer idealism about love would have kept him from any frivolous adventures. If there is any gossip about this, it is just slander. Hitler certainly wasn't the kind of man at that time for any girl to fall in love with. His poor clothes, the tangled hair falling down over his dirty collar, these are the reasons that he probably never knew any more than a yearning."
>>
i want more please
>>
moar

>Wagner
nietzsche's grave is rolling downhill
>>
On Adolf's failure to complete a commissioned painting

>"Again he had not finished the work. This put me in the position of facing the woman as a liar, so I was very excited. At such laziness I was very angry and resentful. Hitler said he needed to be in the mood for artistic work. I called him a hunger artist, and he called me a house servant, because I had once told him that I worked as a servant in Berlin. I replied that I was not ashamed of any kind of work; I had tried many different kinds and never shirked anything."
>>
>>27379655
Adolf loved Wagner. I read somewhere (though without a source I'm hesitant to state as fact) that he watched "Die Gotterdammerung" over 100 times. In "The Young Hitler I Knew" there are frequent references to Wagner and Adolf's admiration of him.

On Adolf being embarrassed while discussing Schopenhauer

>"He was talking about Schopenhauer, and the old gentleman we called the professor asked Hitler if he had ever read Schopenhauer. Hitler turned crimson, and said that he had read some. The old gentleman said that he should speak about things that he understood. After that Hitler was careful not to talk where he would suffer a fresh rebuke."
>>
On Adolf's appreciation for religious belief

>"We talked of the necessity of religion, as there had been published in the Arbeiterzeitung an article mocking a Corpus Domini procession. Hitler condemned it strongly on the ground that the religion of the common people was being destroyed without a substitute being offered to them. He often said religion was necessary, and that if there were none it should be created."
>>
>>27377936

Sure!
Let's share these quotations, bro
>>
File: 1458162939611.jpg (1 MB, 1164x1625) Image search: [Google]
1458162939611.jpg
1 MB, 1164x1625
>>27377936
Thanks for the thread.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.