[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got prescribed xanax, what am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: UPJ00940.jpg (5 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
UPJ00940.jpg
5 KB, 288x216
Just got prescribed xanax, what am I in for?
>>
nothing

ravioriginaioli
>>
comfy times
>>
>>27377601
You're in for Addiction
>>
I wish I had some of that for my root canal today...
>>
>>27377639
how 2 avoid?
>>
it calms you down and you won't care about anything

don't bother using it to get "high" because it's boring, you just get tired.
>>
its like getting drunk but only mind doing so
>>
>>27377744
this
personally I think it's dysphoric, even
>>
Relaxation you could only ever dream of.

But seriously don't take it too much. It's meant for serious panic attacks, don't take it every day. Limit yourself to every 3 days minimum.
>>
>>27377707
Don't take it moron... But seriously if you use it only for emergencies (like 1-2x per week) you should be ok. Might get mentally addicted though and end up taking more. Best bet is once a week max.
>>
it's really really subtle in the sense that you won't know how fucked up you are
until you wake up the next morning and you've sent cringey texts to everyone you know, made confessions you wouldn't have wanted to make otherwise, etc. it knocks down the wall between your thoughts and your actions, without making you realize that wall doesn't exist anymore
>>
If you don't know and your doc doesn't give a shit about you enough to tell you then I will. You are in for a very serious addiction that will involve blackouts and embarrassing nonmemories described to you after the fact. The addiction will be be followed by a traumatizing withdrawal that can involve cold sweats, tremors, insomnia, nausea/vomiting and sometimes seizures. I lost an entire month to Klonopin one time and the crazy thing was it only felt like a little under a week had gone by. My family told me I was an obnoxious zombie jackass during that period as well.

If you actually want my advice on what to do with your Xanax then listen, take no more than .5 to 1mg once every two weeks to a month, and whatever you do don't make it a daily thing.

If I were you I'd just use marijuana instead.

Inb4 DUDE WEED.
>>
A bunch of money if you mail it to me.
>>
>>27377601
Sell half the product, take the rest my nigga

Coming from Chicago I'm used to selling so if your cheap a pill goes for 5$, if you got a football that shit is going for 10$ I think. Mostly know about loud/marijuana prices.
>>
>>27377875
Not OP, but I wish marijuana was legal in Texas. I'd prefer it be legal for recreation since I believe in FREEDUMS but at the very least it should be federally legal for medicinal uses.

I'd ween myself off my current meds and just switch to weed. I've seen how it mellows a person out first hand, my father used to be a very angry and angsty person but when he smoked weed everything was okay. He was friendlier, more talkative, and hell he was better at video games too.

I mean come on. It's 2016.
>>
>>27377939
>a football for $10
assuming you're talking about the 1mg oval shaped pills, $10 is horseshit
nobody in their right mind would pay $10 for 1mg of xanax. my understanding is that you can get bars for $5, and most of them are home-made with 3-4mg in each bar
>>
>>27377601
maximum comfy

I take clonopin its great now listen to some chill music and enjoy
>>
>>27377601
a great ride
>>
>>27378066
Yea idk if I'm right or not all I know is that how much a bar is
>>
>>27377601
a xanax prescription
>>
File: 1390676080234.jpg (47 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
1390676080234.jpg
47 KB, 403x392
You're messing with some dangerous stuff, man. Xannies are notoriously abuseable because they hit you fast and hard. All benzos are pretty tempting.

I had a stint in a psych ward, and there was one lady on k-pins. She was really smug about them too, she kept repeating "k-pins are legalized dope", which made me kinda cringe every time. Dope is light-years ahead of k-pins, imo. Anyways, she'd be really antsy at breakfast time, strumming her fingers on the table and looking around nervously, and then once med time came along she'd be the first one in line. And the rest of the day, she was smiling ear-to-ear and walking around with a big jump in her step and she'd color in pictures of Disney characters the whole afternoon. I dunno, that doesn't seem very therapeutic to me.

I've actually been to the psych ward a few times, so I've met lots of patients pumped full of benzos, but I've only met a handful who were using their benzos in a legitimate way. Had to try to sleep through patients going through withdrawals, they'd be screaming and yelling for the pain to stop. I'm usually a pretty sympathetic guy, but the benzo withdrawal patients were so fucking pathetic and they'd blather on the whole these squeaky whiny voices, just moping and complaining for hours about not getting enough benzos, and I just couldn't fucking stand them. Why are these guys seen as more "respectable" than like dope fiends or methheads? Probably from Big Pharma shilling this shit out to even some Joe Schmoe who says he's a little afraid of spiders or something.

My last visit, the nurse put it on my planner to get a "med for my panic attacks", which I knew was gonna be a benzo, and I didn't even bother bringing it up with the doctor because I know I could never use them in a healthy way. The first week of every month, after refill day, I'd just completely black out and not remember a thing. I don't really wanna not have a clue what I did for a whole quarter of my life.
>>
>>27377601
i don't know what you're in for, but i'm going to tell everyone it's for molesting children. i'm in for beating up fags who take xanax.
>>
>>27378410
Xannies is incredibly offensive, shitlord. We're called xanxexuals.
>>
>>27378460
That wasn't a quarter as funny as you thought it was.
>>
>>27378483
It's probably about one and a half times as funny as I think it is. And that's growing exponentially because of my continuing realizations that I'm underestimating its funniness by a third.
>>
>>27377601
>tfw my docs didn't want to give me benzos because of the withdrawal fucking you up hard
>>
File: 1366001457873.png (575 KB, 716x716) Image search: [Google]
1366001457873.png
575 KB, 716x716
>>27377777
no one checked those? really guys?
>>
a great time
>>
>>27378529
>tfw f5'd this thread a few times to see if I got a (You)

Thanks m8
>>
Take Seroquel instead
>>
>>27378516
Isn't that such a strange phenomenon?

>>27378529
Go back to /b/, child.
>>
using benzos occasionally can be useful or pleasant. using them a lot is asking for a bad time from increased sensitivity to anxiety when you're not on them or potentially physical dependence if you get in deep enough.
>>
Give me all of it, i can't get any doctors to prescribe me it.
>>
>>27377601
Addiction and black-outs.
If you take a very small amount a couple times a week I guess it might be enjoyable. I hate benzos though I fall asleep/black out on them.
>>
>>27378066
When I was into pills a "point/tictac" was a dollar (.25mg), a "peach" was 2 dollars (.5mg) a "football" was $3 (1mg), and a "bar" was $5 (2mg).

Then I figured out research chems and stopped giving a shit about benzo prices.

>>27377939
>if you got a football that shit is going for 10$ I think

Only highschoolers and desperate addicts would pay $10 for 1mg of alprazolam.
>>
>>27377601
If you can't handle your drugs. Start trappin'. Then you kill two birds w/ one stone, you have worth in society now. Start selling it and I guarantee it will indirectly lead to you getting laid.
>>
Don't take that shit m8.
>>
File: 1407834556592.jpg (43 KB, 515x496) Image search: [Google]
1407834556592.jpg
43 KB, 515x496
>>27378410
Also I fucking hate how docs just hand them out to middle-aged housewife soccer moms like candy. Do these women know what they're fucking taking? Do they know how addictive this shit is? Well I mean middle-aged white collar working dads are the largest growing demographic for opiate addiction after all, so we've gotta balance the "50-year-olds who start drug habits to cope with their broken dreams" equation for the ladies. Most of those dads start with a legit painkiller prescription too, like a doc just hands them an Oxy script for the slightest back pain. Meanwhile, if a 20-year-old comes in with their arm broken in 16 places the cranky ol' stethoscope man'll just toss them a few Aspirins and tell them to suck it up and stop being a baby.

These doctors are fucking stupid, just because your patient is a "respectable older citizen" doesn't mean they're not gonna get hooked on addictive drugs. Why are they so outraged every time they realize their patient has become a junkie? "Well, never in my life! You are truly the worst person in the world, how could you get hooked when I give you bottles and bottles of the most addictive substance on Earth? You're not getting another pill from me, no sir. Get out of my office, you filthy loser!" Then the Boomers just shrug their shoulders and turn to the streets for their fix, then they inevitably start injecting dope because it's so cheap. Like why do they think these old farts will be more "responsible" with a drug that kills literally all pain and makes you not care about anything? Why is Stacy Soccermom not susceptible to a substance that chills you the fuck out and makes the days float by? Be real, nobody wants to be fucking old, being old is lame as shit: your life is just fucking terrible and your whole body is breaking down and your kids are bratty teens who hate you and you're counting each day eagerly and begging the Reaper to take you already.
>>
>>27378840
>>27378410

I've been taking Xanax for only one week and these past couple days without a dose I'm feeling REALLY shit. Pretty amazing how fast it can reel you in. Gonna take a smaller dose now and not fall for the Xanax meme in the future.
>>
>>27377601
Unless you abuse it, nothing much.

You don't feel in a different state of mind but it sure helped me with anxiety, along with Lexapro.
>>
File: 1444240801291.jpg (125 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1444240801291.jpg
125 KB, 1024x576
Been on Xanax for 3 years. It's great, it does the job fine.

It's not a daily drug though or even a frequent use drug. It's meant for severe anxiety cases and panic disorder, mainly panic disorder actually. I get semi-frequent panic attacks.

I take 1mg about once week-month depending on how I feel. Some months are just worse than others but yeah.

I've never had to increase my dosage, it's as potent as ever. It's all about moderation. If you have an addictive personality then I would suggest staying away.

I won't lie and say I haven't felt some mental dependence on it. It's only natural when you have these sorts of problems to get a "cure" for lack of a better term and to start wanting to feel that way more often. That doesn't mean you're addicted, it just common sense. If you're like me and you have constant anxiety problems then Xanax is a miracle drug. It's only natural to crave feeling normal.

You need self-control though. To keep myself in line I read the withdrawal symptoms and tell myself "Yeah I don't want this to happen."

I've never had any sort of withdrawal or anything. The worst for me is that mental craving for relief but I've had no real physical side effects to it. Along with therapy my panic attacks have gone down in frequency since I started.

Xanax is great but it's not meant for constant relief. If you want something like that then you'll need like an SSRI or something, stay away from benzos.
>>
>>27379095
Why haven't you gone on SSRIs if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>27379286
Tons of side effects mainly. In this support group I'm forced to go every month or so, a lot of the guys there have absolute horror stories about feeling really sick and feeling no emotions and impotence. You exchange the anxiety for so many more problems. A lot of guys are willing to trade their anxiety for all of that but I'm not one of those guys. I don't want to feel like a zombie that can't get an erection and gets nauseous all the time.

I like Xanax because it works quick, like within 20 minutes, I usually go to sleep after a little while, and I'm usually feeling pretty good albeit really sleep the next day. Mainly it's just the quickness of it and the lack of commitment. I can take it just this once and it will work 100% even if I don't take it for 6 months. Most SSRIs require you to take it everyday for a long period of time before it kicks in. That's just not a commitment I'm willing to sign up for, especially for what you get.

The downside is I have to deal with my regular day to day anxiety but I'm okay with that. I only use my pills for my really bad panic episodes and I'm okay with that.
>>
>>27379548

One thing you have to consider is that the people in your support group are by definition crazy weirdos so you can take their stories with the appropriate grain of salt.
>>
>>27379548
I never had any side effects from SSRIs, but they also don't seem to help me
When I asked doctors for anxiety meds they didn't want to give me any
Then I had a few really bad weeks and after my normal doctor called my psychiatrist and they talked for a while they prescribed me promethazine
It helps with the trembling but not much else
>>
>>27379679
SSRIs are fucked. I was on them for two years and would never do it again. The nausea and impotence faded as the months went by but the drug certainly did not make me happy, just incredibly numb and apathetic
>>
>>27377777
Check'd (originally of course, family)
>>
>>27379915

I was on SSRI's briefly and had different experiences.

The SNRI I took made me apathetic (cymbalta), but fluoxeteine didn't seem to have that effect.
>>
Got my hands on some Valium but I'm terrified of taking them after reading this thread.
>>
>>27380310
try a BIT
>>
>>27377683
Fuck, do they not give you any?

I tried some first time before I got a root canal, usually do it without but I was offered it at this new place I went and I didn't really feel the effect

I only took half the pill though, shoulda just gone with the whole thing

The root canal was seriously not that bad though, I got the pain for it right on xmas eve and didnt get an appointment until mid January

It was the most agonizing pain I've been in since, I was considering ripping the tooth out with pliers when I sat in my garage but after a week of non-stop pain the root decayed fully and I lost all feeling in the tooth and gum around it
>>
>>27380310

I'd literally rather fuck with opiates than benzos m9.
>>
>>27380310
no need to be afraid with valium, i wish i could get my hands on some
>>
>>27380448
Not him but, I had two root canals and they didn't give me any prescription pain meds
I even had to get a surgery done a few weeks later on my jaw because the teeth fucked up my jaw
After that I got some prescription drugs but I didn't need them
I think I threw them away
>>
>>27380526
I actually prefer opiates, but my connect talked me into the valiums. I'm kinda regretting it now.
>>
>>27380588
they give you this stuff in hospital against pain. you are going to feel very relaxed
>>
Anyone ever mix opiates with their benzos??

What was it like? I heard it transcended comfiest of comfies.
>>
>>27378840
I'm not sure whether you're referring to benzodiazepines or opiates but regardless I really wish doctors in the UK dished them out as easily as they do wherever you live. It's pretty hard to get them over here, although they're very loose with co-codamol.
>>
>>27380620
You would never get given valium or any benzo as a pain-killer.
>>
I got hit in the head with a brick a couple of years back and about 6 months ago started getting this terrible migraines. I got prescribed Fioricet which is a barbiturate and have completely fucked my shit up. I don't know why they don't check people for addictive personalities or whatever because I'm abusing it but I'm scared if I tell my doctor he'll stop prescribing me it and then I won't have anything for the migraines. It's completely fucked especially since I don't know anyone else who has ever even been prescribed a barbiturate before. I think I'm going to end up overdosing but I'd rather do that than get the migraines.
>>
>>27377601
A fucking anxious free goodtime and if you got friends well you can make quixk cash with it too. Heck i'd buy a bottle of you easily for fifty bucks plus.
>>
>>27380975
you are right, i was mixing stuff up
>>
>>27381063
Good ol' LSD cures migraines. Order some of that shit on the Darknet and start microdosing if you're having problems
>>
>>27381277
Really? Might as well try it, I don't have anything else to lose. Where do you buy it nowadays? I used to buy from Evolution but someone stole everyone's money and closed the site.
>>
File: 1458786322863.jpg (2 MB, 1500x3471) Image search: [Google]
1458786322863.jpg
2 MB, 1500x3471
>>27381473
original my friend my man my comeal
>>
>>27380571
Root Canals typically only hurt when the root is still alive, later in life they can come back to bite you though because your teeth can start going black

More worried about my wisdom teeth pulling that should be happening in a few months, that shit is gonna suck but I will hopefully be on some really strong pain meds
>>
>>27381649
That all sounds like way too much effort. I didn't know you had to go outside to buy bitcoins, what a fucking hassle.
>>
>>27381947
you dont have to go outside, that part is literal bullshit, i just saved the picture because the rest is ok, just buy them online and get them through one of those blenders or whatver they are called like
>>
>>27381863

yeah the opiates they give you are good enough to kill the pain, also they get you pretty high which is nice

the worst part is the swelling, day 2 or day 3 you will barely be able to open your jaw so you basically just eat pudding for a few days, youre so high though you barely even care, also pudding is awesome desu
>>
>>27377639
This. Fucking seriously. Quitting xanax addiction was the hardest thing. If you actually start taking it, remember to taper off when you quit. I quit cold turkey and it was physical hell.
>>
>>27380693
feels a lot like like dying of respiratory depression while being covered in a blanket of apathy and glee.
>>
>>27382857
Awesome.

Looks like I won't be trying that.
>>
>>27378004
>its current year
Everyone I've met in Texas has had a metal rod shoved so far up their ass about "muh drugs r bad" its hard to believe they can even sit down

Seriously the most stubborn fucks I've ever met, talking to people that live outside TX constantly remind me how different it is
>>
>>27377639
seriously tho benzo withdrawal is hell
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.