[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about slam poetry, anons? Does it pluck t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (411 KB, 733x632) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
411 KB, 733x632
What do you think about slam poetry, anons?

Does it pluck the deepest emotions of your soul, as it does for me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vpaHw6e-iU
>>
>>27375181
I love it, I did it a lot when my college had an active poetry club.
Too bad it got full of SJW bullshit over the last few years. Last year a white girl rejected a black guy so I was forced to listen to a (shitty) freestyle about how all white people are devils and responsible for everything back in the world. Never went back after that.
Neil Hilborn is pretty good, though.
>>
>>27375181
its hella gay and i dont even know if this is bait, thankyou neo-r9k
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (58 KB, 273x448) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
58 KB, 273x448
>>27375485
>I love it

Stopped reading
>>
>>27375181
There is a very, very fine line between good poetry and pretentious bullshit.
>>
>>27375181
>being such a special snowflake that you need to wear a fedora
>being such a fucking autist that you don't take it off when you're indoors
>being such an untalented artist that you have to resort to slam poetry

>>27375485
Slam poetry has been that way for a long, long time--not just in the "past few years." It's literal fucking cancer full of retards who treat their poems like they're rap songs.
>>
Depression isn't a cute person on the mic because shes a girl

Depression is drinking alone so much you want to hurl.

Depression is living every day like you wish you were dead.

Fuck, this is difficult. I'm going to bed.

By the way her rhymes suck

I'm sure her boyfriend is some sort of Bernie cuck.
>>
>>27375181
Slam poetry has zero merit. It's the most egregious form of "self-expression". If you can get past the hammy stage acting ("Look how le powerful and stronk i am speaking with my arms out. I'm le real artist") and actually listen to the """""poetry""""" you realize just how bad it is. 99.999% of the time the poetry completely lacks metre, making it sound like they're just ranting and he language used most of the time is a testament to the lack of nuance ("I rhymed sing with ring and pack with stack. I'm le poet").

Slam poetry is what would happen if an actual poet got a lobotomy.
>>
Bump for pottery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6CCePrJlaU
>>
File: 1458613273482.png (325 KB, 471x464) Image search: [Google]
1458613273482.png
325 KB, 471x464
>>27376307
>58k likes

asdknsadkndksn
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoYzvQxeE9A

Orbiters btfo
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.