[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you do not have a job in a STEM field (Medicine and Education
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (331 KB, 1600x1042) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
331 KB, 1600x1042
If you do not have a job in a STEM field (Medicine and Education included) then you should kill yourself because you are contributing nothing to humanity
>>
>>27375159
but i assemble cars u faggot so i do contribute to humanity
>>
I really want one but the only jobs here I'm qualified for either
>pay so little I can't live
>mathematical modeling for insurance companies trying to screw people
>>
Do theatre nurses come under medicine? Probably not. ;_;
>>
>>27375159
STEM majors need to use the library.

So they need librarians. Don't ask the librarians to die.
>>
>>27375220
Temporarily. You will be replaced by a robot
>>
>>27375159
I work translating things in japanese to spanish, so I contribute to the enjoyement of a lot of weebs and virgins like myself.
>>
>>27375159

Thanks for making normiephones and popularising the Internet/making it accessible for roasties so that the entire world is fucking unbearable to live in, dickhead.
>>
>>27375245
Yes you are worthy to continue living
>>
>>27375275
>he actually believes the automation meme

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/26/mercedes-benz-robots-people-assembly-lines

don't talk about industries you have no idea about, k thx. maybe by the time i retire, but by then i'll be in management.
>>
>>27375261
Librarians are ok. We can add them to the list
>>
>>27375159
But most video game related shit isn't from STEM. You are also on a message board that has nothing to do with STEM. I work in STEM myself but I am not so stupid to not realize there are useful non STEM stuff that contribute to society. Food for example is one, law enforcement is the other.
>>
what has medicine fuckin contributed, if anything it has only created the most harmful drugs, and helped with the overpopulation on earth.
>>
File: 121914625641.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
121914625641.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
>>27375300
Wew!

oc891243
>>
>>27375334
Video game shit is related to programming and graphic design through manipulation of computers so yes it counts. Even a retarded video game about fingerfucking an anime girl helps in the long run because the developers may discover a new algorithm while designing the game
>>
the world sucks as much as it does thanks to STEM. most of the people who study STEM do it just because of the money too.
>>
>>27375340
You are a fucking retard. Even with your retarded line of logic we will have to use microbiology to fight off foreign germs when humans colonize other planets in the future

>what are X-rays?
>>
>>27375159
>MUH STEM

Tried it, wasn't for me. Think I'll just teach history or do law or something idk
>>
>>27375323
I know plenty of stuff about the industry. My uncle is the CEO of one of these car companies, and he told me directly that all assembly workers will be replaced by robots. Enjoy getting cucked.
>>
>>27375159
You still haven't grown out of the stem phase?
>>
>>27375469
You still haven't contributed anything to humanity?
>>
I worked in Software """"Engineering""""

Engineer doesn't mean anything, except in countries where it's a protected title.
>>
File: 1458847069112.png (176 KB, 472x624) Image search: [Google]
1458847069112.png
176 KB, 472x624
>>27375451
>27375451
>>27375451
>>27375451
>My uncle works at Nintendo!

Lel.
>>
>>27375469
butthurt asian guys usually stay that way for life.
>>
>>27375443
Education and law count as contributing to humanity
>>
>>27375413
>didn't study STEM for the money
>choice seems to be living hell in academic research or being paid well to do shit you don't care about
feels bad man, if anything there's an over-abundance of people who want to go into academia instead of making lots of money
>>
>>27375275

So will you, you moron. Everything will eventually be automated. The last thing won't be scientists, engineers and programmers; it'll be politicians and judges.

You should be able to figure out why, but you're proving to be a really arrogant dumbass, so maybe not.
>>
File: image.jpg (312 KB, 1200x1116) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312 KB, 1200x1116
UPDATE: farmers are obviously worthy as well
>>
>>27375451
Doesn't matter. At the end of the day it hasn't happened yet, there's no use talking about the future and pretending it's already here.

You also forget a machine cannot think or question if it's done something incorrectly.

People say welders will be replaced in the next 20 years too but the simple fact is a machine has never been able to produce a weld stronger than a human.

At this point everything is speculation and not worth discussing.
>>
>>27375526
people vastly overestimate tech and the bureaucracy surrounding it, we won't be automated for at least 20 years.

theyve been screaming will be replaced by robots forever... still hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>27375563
we'll* tfw im rfetarded
>>
>>27375501
Oh, cool :)
I always wanted to contribute to society
>>
File: President-Herbert-Hoover.jpg (39 KB, 633x895) Image search: [Google]
President-Herbert-Hoover.jpg
39 KB, 633x895
>>27375526
tfw just got a job in diplomacy

there isnt even a concept of automatization and robotization (if that even is a word) in my line of work, so i guess the robot cunts can fuck off
>>
>>27375159
/STEMmemefaggot/ here
don't listen to OP. he's a faggot that is encouraging a wider pool for the jews to pick from so the majority can get fucked with student debt
>>
>>27375784
You simply have no foresight. A dictatorship by our digital masters is inevitable.
>>
Soda factory/brewery worker here.
AMA.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.