[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did being romantic turn into being desperate and pathetic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1409705724537.jpg (20 KB, 361x330) Image search: [Google]
1409705724537.jpg
20 KB, 361x330
When did being romantic turn into being desperate and pathetic?
>>
It didn't. You just have to have the right connection and timing for it. Cringy confessions aren't romance.
>>
>>27372929
Chad culture LMAOOOOOO JOCKS FOR THE ROCKS GYM TAN LAUNDRY BAE BAE BAE BAE BRAH BRAH BRAH BRAH WOOOOT

Because monkeys can't into it it must be something bad right OOGA BOOGA!
>>
File: 1447682453750.jpg (66 KB, 225x349) Image search: [Google]
1447682453750.jpg
66 KB, 225x349
>>27372929
around the time when the female sexual liberation happened
>>
>>27372953
No. The massive amount of modern romantic movies did. It was all a plot from the beginning.
>>
File: 1428787082257.jpg (38 KB, 612x667) Image search: [Google]
1428787082257.jpg
38 KB, 612x667
>>27372953
it's not about that, it's the general "hookup culture" going on today

it's like you have to fuck a girl within a few days of knowing her for there to be a chance of getting her as a gf, where it used to be the opposite, you had to go steady a little bit before you fucked?

i cant stand casual sex, ive had the opportunity to have it more than once, and it's just not good, i don't like it, i'm not into it, sometimes my dick doesn't even get hard because i don't know anything about them and i'm expected to fucking fuck them to initiate a relationship

what the fuck happened?
>>
Because being romantic and not treating women like a used up condom means you're a beta faggot.
>>
>>27372929
Romantic stuff never turns into something desperate and pathetic unless you're ugly.
>>
My favorite part of this board is watching you fucking idiots try to figure this shit out. It's like watching a bunch of apes fuck with a chemistry set.
>>
Ever since modern movies started conforming and having only shitty beta faggots doing whatever their female dominators ask. Don't be pussywhipped, son
>>
>>27372929
Pfffffft no one cares about romantic nowadays. They don't care about romantic especially when you can't contain yourself and end up make your intentions flagrant to the girl. Also girls just want chad. And they are right to a point, no one wants a skinny smelly loser as a boyfriend.

Survival of the fittest. Call it whatever you want. This world is not meant for weak pple.

For fuck sake OP, get your shit together - if you want a girl go and get her it's not hard.

>>27373011
Shut up, you are giving bad advices right and left today. You know what pisses me fuck off? People like you, apologists of loser behavior. We need strong chads, not weak losers.
>>
When people became afraid of intimacy, I think
We are surrounded by so many people every day
And we know so little about them
This isn't like living with your tribe or in your little village where everyone knew everyone else more or less (and who to trust, by extension)

You have to make split second judgments about others and whether or not they are a threat to your survival, not just in a material sense but in a cognitive/emotional sense as well. Most people will default to whatever preserves their status quo, and that is rejecting romantic gestures because there always is a chance that they really are just desperate. Most people don't really know you, so how would they know otherwise? They go with what's safe.

It's vicious but its purpose is protection.
>>
>>27372929
Your idea of "romantic" is not actually romance.

There's a big difference between "m'lady" and actually being romantic.
>>
>>27373100
Oh but a good way of getting past this, imo, is actually putting yourself on the line
Reveal a little bit of yourself when you try to behave "romantically" so the recipient can get a better read on you

On one hand this gives them greater potential to fuck you over, but on the other it shows good faith on your part. Don't just hand her flowers or whatever.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.