[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is "Anonymous" still associated with 4chan? I guess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (290 KB, 1455x1419) Image search: [Google]
image.png
290 KB, 1455x1419
So is "Anonymous" still associated with 4chan?

I guess technically, early on, I was apart of the organization known as anonymous, but I was just a dumb kid trolling on the Internet. The fact that this is a legitimate group or something is so fucking cringeworthy.

It was easy to excuse early on because it was just a goof, but this is a serious group?

I know they've been an "organization" for a while now, but i just realized how silly the origins of this are, and now they're some serious "anti terrorist organization" or whatever.
>>
>>27371073
It's really nothing, just a few liberal teenagers acting like the defenders of the internet's because they can use Windows movie maker and voice changers to issue threats to anyone that is not PC. They've even made threats to hack 4chan and "they" mention 4chan as a terrible place filled with hate ect when they don't even realize they originated from /b/ trolling. I say "they" but there really is no they, it's hard to explain.
>>
>>27371129
Did it actually originate from /b/? That's funny as fuck
>>
>>27371198
I think original anonymous was like 2007? On some boards here and were specificaly against scientology, in my city some people were protesting against it wearing the masks.
>>
>>27371198
Anonymous as we know it was just btards raiding shit and doing funny things like "pools closed". Then after a while Fox news and other stuff started acting like this was a serious group of people and making reports, scaring the public. Eventually it just turned into "x thing happened in politics, anonymous issues threats to y" and it never comes through. "Anonymous" has done jack shit and the people that call themselves anonymous today completely forget what it even started out as.
>>
>>27371273
It was definitly around 2006-2007. I remember them wearing those faggy masks and making YouTube videos back than promising to take down the government of some shit. What an absolute joke, I honesty lose respect for people if they take anonymous seriously.
>>
original anon was about the lulz. people that can actually hack did shit for the lulz ( i heard anon was just fbi/cia agents fucking around to get some lulz) idk. the raids where fun but anon is the epitome of sjw cucks nowadays.
>>
>>27371129
I didn't even realize they threatened to "hack" 4chan. Lmao.

Things like that is why I even asked if they're associated with 4chan anymore, even thought, like many have said, it originated from /b/ trolls just raiding shit.
>>
>>27371355
No, like I said the original anon was against scientology and their dodgy practises.
>>
>>27371073
>So is "Anonymous" still associated with 4chan?
Yes in media, no in reality
>>
>>27371461
Half right. It first started off after the tom cruise interview went viral but got taken down by Scientology, and after some "muh free speech" and crying over getting their new toy taken away, the whole ordeal snowballed into a lulzy shitflinging war against Scientology. Unearthing those dodgy practices made things easier to hurt their PR.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.