[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Point of life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: dated reddit meme.jpg (12 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
dated reddit meme.jpg
12 KB, 160x160
If we die at the end and there's just nothing forever, then what's the point in living?

I'm not trying to push any of you guys to end it. I'm just saying.

What the fuck is the point?
>>
File: 1458519826759.jpg (526 KB, 1248x1872) Image search: [Google]
1458519826759.jpg
526 KB, 1248x1872
>>27370880
There's no point except the ones you create of yourself and the set of delusions you subscribe to.
>>
>>27370880
Life has a point while you're alive and only while you're alive.
>>
>>27370960
>>27370996

Lifecucks detected
>>
>>27370960

The points I made for myself have been irrecoverably failed in and the new ones all suck.

>>27370996

I'm having a hard time seeing why it matters now at all.
>>
>>27370880
There is no point OP.

We are animals meant to breed and perpetuate our species.

Your existence is insignificant and 320,000 people born each day
>>
Rick and Morty's solution works pretty well here:

you don't think about it.
>>
>>27371231
So much fat-talk. Nobody cares about "spred muh seed ;P"
>>
>>27371042
>lifecucks
>>
>>27371317
Lifecuck detected

Either you care about it or not you still have no other purpose on earth
>>
>>27371347
Whether or not you have kids, you still only have your own life to live, so why this stupid Darwin talk is claimed as truth is beyond me. This "purpose" was just made up.
>>
>>27371347
How in the hell does reproducing hold anymore purpose than anything else? Get out of here.
>>
>>27371541
Because your life is pointless
I don't want kids you got me wrong

You will die after a pointless life and there will be nothing
Nature merely put you there to breed
>>
>>27371574
Nature is just as pointless as the turd that was cut from my balloon knot this morning. Don't go calling it a purpose when it isn't.
>>
>>27370880
For most, there isn't a point.

As poor ugly trash myself, I'm totally insignificant.
>>
>>27370880
>Tfw finally reached the point where you don't care anymore
>Even if I were to find some kind of purpose, it's all fucking useless in the end
>Truly I am finally a robot
>>
If God didn't exist, there would be none.
>>
>>27370880
>then what's the point in living?

Your biology. Fulfilling all your biological needs and imperatives.

Everything else is optional.
>>
>>27371645
Even if you were rich, handsome, and happy you would still be the same amount of insignificant.
>>
>>27371624
I'm just saying that overall your life and mine are insignificant and nothing will follow that insignificance upon our death
>>
>>27371687
Even if a God did exist he would be just as pointless as the fungus on my left foot. No matter how deep the rabbit hole goes, there will always be the questions "why?" and "how?".
>>
>>27371694
Found the fatty - original comment
>>
>>27371731
You can't possibly know that as fact, but even if there is something more, it too is pointless and void of any real meaning.
>>
>>27370880
I've had so many existential crises in my life. You should just find out what makes you happy without having to look for purpose. If nothing makes you happy, you might as well an hero. Life is short anyway, it's not like you're not gonna miss much.
>>
>>27370880
>baby's first existential crisis

get good
>>
A point to whom is a better question. The universe? Mankind? You?
>>
>>27371731
"your life" - you're the only perspective in your whole world, I don't know why people always talk about "me be tiny ant compared to universe". The universe doesn't exist if you're not there.
>>
>>27371797
This is likely the only experience that you will ever have, might as well stick it out regardless of how pointless it is. Chase as much pleasure as you can.
>>
File: 1430245087153.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1430245087153.png
21 KB, 900x900
>>27371574
>>27371231
> We are animals meant to breed and perpetuate our species.
> Nature merely put you there to breed
no. whatever has the traits of sticking around, sticks around. don't confuse that process as some kind of goal, or purpose. "nature" (what does this even mean?) has been personified to replace god as some kind of divine purpose or meaning for life, but it is just a process. you may as well make gravity your god and say our purpose is to stick to the earth.
>>
I think it's quite nice when I remember there's no purpose in life and that nothing I do matters. How can I possibly fail or make a mistake when there's no point to life? It gets rid of the anxiety for while.
>>
>>27371843
This as heck! Why be sad about it? It's liberating as fuck!
>>
>>27371756
If God didn't exist there would be no objective meaning in life, since any meaning is subjectively decided on from person to person, which leads to everything being permissible. But if God does exist there is an objective meaning to strive for in life, which is what answers OP's question.
>>
File: 1432193063088.jpg (110 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
1432193063088.jpg
110 KB, 950x534
>>27371657
iktfb

on zoloft right now and it only solidifies this by making you number

i still hope i can find some new delusion to drive me to experience more of life, thats why i gravitate toward these kind of threads
>>
File: Nietzsche-274x300.jpg (26 KB, 274x300) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche-274x300.jpg
26 KB, 274x300
>>27370880
There is literally no point. You have to find your own subjective meaning to life or die trying.
>>
>>27370880
Who gives a shit, enjoy it while it lasts and stop being a fag about it ?
>>
>>27371815
>>27371828
S p o o k y
P
O
O
K
Y

Spooky
>>
>>27371872
How can meaning be determined by those who are meaningless themselves?
>>
>>27371878
>muh subjective meaning
Sorry, pal but that's delusion, not meaning.
>>
>>27371828
u solipsism brah? its a pretty comfy worldview, i need to look into it more. everyone on this board is posting for me, in my universe, if i stop paying you attention you stop existing. its a movie playing only for me, made by me. be grateful you faggots
>>
Forget about answering the question. The answer comes to you when you don't think about it, it just floats into your head as a passing thought, you'll be empowered by it for a few weeks/months/years, but then you'll forget it. You'll find yourself back at the starting point. You'll ask the question again and the cycle repeats. The answer will change every time, for better or for worse. Hence why people have so many existential crises in their lives.

Their drives in their life changes, their surrounding changes, and they'll find themselves halfway through a project wondering how they can rationalize what they're doing. One day you'll be doing a bio lab report and you'll say to yourself "I don't really want to do this, I don't enjoy this, this just isn't for me, I don't want to do this for the rest of my life" and it might be the catalyst that pushes you to pursue another career and find a new passion.

I don't know I'm making shit up.
>>
>>27371896
The meaning is set by God, who is not meaningless. I'm not sure what your point is.
>>
>>27371896
Because meaning is meaning. If I say that the meaning of life is to maximize pleasure then that is meaning.
>>
>>27371266
Honestly this. When you're having an existential crisis, just go watch a movie or something.
>>
>>27371931
he knows that. hes saying there is no truth. delusion, meaning, suicide, whatever.

its all unsolvable. we are ants trying to understand C++

thats why the answer is 42
>>
File: Nietzsche-wikipedia.jpg (689 KB, 2033x1347) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche-wikipedia.jpg
689 KB, 2033x1347
>>27371931
but that's exactly my point
since the truth is there is no objective meaning to life, you have to delude yourself to be happy and live a meaningful life
why do you think normies are happy? they have no problem deluding themselves
>>
>>27371937
Not by that term since it implies the mind is the center(?) but yeah - we're not interacting with a defined version of say my friend for example. If I were highly aware of my own state and relaxed, I'd be talking to the kindest and "best" version of him and if I were a pessimistic r9k poster, my friend would be ignoring me since he's just a reflection of me and not an independent thing outside of my own perspective. If he actually exists on his own, maybe I'm not even in his life, since I'm his friend in my view. It's a pretty cool thing.
>>
>>27372001
saying the goal of ones life/worldview is "happiness" is itself problematic
>>
>>27372001

They're not deluding themselves, they're not willingly ignorant either.

They just literally don't know any better. They don't think about pulling themselves out of their perspective to look at the big picture.

They're looking at the finger vs looking at what the finger is pointing to. They don't have a teacher that makes them see differently, so they look at the picture and they learn to love it.
>>
>>27372001
>>27372035
Saying life has a goal at all is a problem - you'd want to kill yourself if you had done it all.
>>
>>27371958
How is God not meaningless?
>>
>>27372035
>>27372064
I'm not saying it's the goal of life. I'm saying IF you want happiness and meaning you have to delude yourself.
Maybe you don't want that, idk.
>>
>>27372096
Because he created the universe and everything in it? By God, I'm referring to an all powerful omniscient being.
>>
>>27372107
I think you'd have to delude yourself if you wanted a *reason* to be happy. You can be happy for no reason, though so no delusion required.
>>
>>27372168
Why? How? If there was such a thing he's as pointless as anything else. It's still all for nothing.
>>
>>27372107
but why should you follow your wants, or emotions, when they are equally as meaningless as anything else.
>>
>>27371042
>mfw i invented that word on here in some serial killer thread or whatever and saw some kid trying to convince someone to kill themself and using that word like a week later

feels good
>>
There is no point. We're a random occurrence. Make your own point.
>>
>>27372228
It would be pointless if there were no love.
>>
File: 1335982-harvey_birdman.jpg (19 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1335982-harvey_birdman.jpg
19 KB, 230x230
LOVE
LOVE IS THE POINT
IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN LOVE THEN YOU'RE FUKKEN EDGY
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.