[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey robros, how feasible is it to lie on a job application? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (68 KB, 300x266) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68 KB, 300x266
Hey robros, how feasible is it to lie on a job application? How much can one get away with.

I've been turned away because of having no prior experience, and am wondering if I can just make it up.

Also, job/wagecuck thread I guess.
>>
>>27370837
I've never done it, but if you apply to a non-big-company yeah - pretty easy.

Get ur m8 to be a reference.
>>
You can claim to have worked for some govt organization that won't confirm anything for security reasons. Claim you did some crypto stuff for NSA - they won't be able to verify or disprove it.
>>
>>27370926
I should clarify, I'm 19 and looking for a part time summer job.
>>
>>27370837
worst thing they can do is turn you down.

also, just use big words to make it sound like you've done more than you really have.
for example, if you sold a video game on ebay, say "managed the sale and distribution of consumer goods on an online platform worth billions."
>>
>>27370963
>also, just use big words to make it sound like you've done more than you really have.

Fuckin life hack.

Anyway, you dont need to lie - you need to apply to a catering provider or do food delivery.
>>
Yeah, no need to lie, just embellish. If it's a part time summer job, there'll be no need to, that'll be the thing you embellish later on.

What I did was volunteer somewhere and still look for jobs, but I put (2015) rather than the month, so I could have been there a month or a year, I was there two months before I got a job.
>>
>>27370963
I get incredibly nervous though, and I've been denied twice now. I'm thinking I'll just apply online rather than in person.
>>
put that you worked at minimum wage job, like fast food places. they most likely won't check.
>>
>>27370837
>How much can one get away with.

Literally fucking murder. No one checks that shit at all nowadays. Recruiters are fucking dumb lazy shits.
>>
>>27371469
Why do you want to earn money for someone else? For money? All this time wasted doing something you hate for 0,1% of what your boss receives?

Be a NEET and all your problems are solved. Get a neetbux. Want food? Get some seeds and start a farm somewhere. Hunt down the fishes. Nature gives everything for free so why do you want to work anyway?
>>
>>27371599
Wheres the pepe? Your slipping r9k.

>>27371482
I was thinking about this, will probably try it.
>>
>>27371469
Who are these pieces of shit turning down a 19 year old for a fucking summer job for lack of experience?

You are 19 years old for fucks sake. I really wish most job recruiters would die in a fire.
>>
>>27371702
I applied to a grocery store and a restaurant. Said I would literally do anything. They looked at the application and said "Sorry, but we want experience".
>>
"Self-employed lawn care business" always worked for me.

especially if you're young, like college-aged which I assume you are. it's common for high school kids to mow lawns for money.
>>
>>27372264
Right. Employers like that. Because it shows young entrepreneurship stuff like mowing lawns and lemonade stands.
>>
>>27371772
fast food. I know it's shit tier but they will hire you with no experience. Literally as soon as you get the job start applying elsewhere and you can put you have a current job. Boom. experience.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.