[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come the acne "gene" didn't die out? Hundreds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: acne_pepe.jpg (90 KB, 640x521) Image search: [Google]
acne_pepe.jpg
90 KB, 640x521
How come the acne "gene" didn't die out? Hundreds of millions of years of evolution has lead to this? WTF? I mean surely people with acne could not find a mate to reproduce with back in the day, right? There was no makeup and shit like that in ancient times.
>>
> I mean surely people with acne could not find a mate to reproduce with back in the day, right?

Maybe they reproduced with other people with acne.

Honestly OP acne is very treatable. Have you seen a doctor yet?

There are tons of treatment options. You don't have to suffer this fate.
>>
>>27368804
When you have cystic acne nothing works.
>>
>>27368737
>I mean surely people with acne could not find a mate to reproduce with back in the day, right?

They raped females.

Lot's of people were rape babies.
>>
>>27368817

That wasn't my experience. I had cystic acne that ate up my face and my back.

I got treatment and it went away. Stayed on the meds for several years. Eventually stopped needing them.

What prescription acne meds have you tried?
>>
>>27368737
Right, because a fucking peasant woman in 1200 was super concerned with whether her prospective mate had acne.

She cared about if he could harvest a field and build a fucking hut, not his acne.

Are you literally this coddled and clueless?
>>
File: 003.gif (125 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
003.gif
125 KB, 600x600
>>27368804
Yeah, I've tried everything under the sun. No luck in 13+ years. I've given up. I just don't understand how tho.
>>
>>27368849

>Yeah, I've tried everything under the sun.

What medicines have you tried?
>>
>>27368737
It's a symptom resultant of a gene that does not directly cause acne. Acne is a health issue.
>>
>>27368860
Everything that has a thread on acne.org basically.
>>
I've found that letting my skin get scorched under the sun actually helps.
>>
File: 1458293249006.gif (2 MB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
1458293249006.gif
2 MB, 500x274
>>27368825
>You can't legally make rape babies
>>
>>27368875

>Everything that has a thread on acne.org basically.

Not a good enough answer, and acne.org is a shit site or at least was when I used to post there.

Name the drugs.

You just might not have been on the right stack.
>>
>>27368737

It did; black people don't get acne as much as we are the next step of evolution

Whiteboys BTFO
>>
Acne didn't stop the primitive human from hunting, gathering, or fucking; so evolution didn't weed it out.
>>
>>27368828
>prescription acne meds
I'm a poorfag and i cant afford that fancy stuff like accutane
>>
>>27368906
i know this is just bait but
>stinky chimps
>next step of evolution
>>
Wait, do people actually get acne after the age of 18? I mean I get the occasional pimple but I thought you guys were overreacting
>>
>>27368942

Accutane has been off the market in the US for seven years now due to the extreme side effects it caused. It's pretty much not a thing anymore (at least not in my country, the US).

I never used it. There are other much safer and cheaper prescription acne medications.

Do you have no health insurance at all?
>>
Did they even get acne? I thought that was a modern issue caused by all the additives and hormones.

Someone post an art piece or a doctor's journal from before 1900 confirming this.
>>
>>27368965
This. Holy shit you fucking filthy basement dwellers. Why is showering and basic hygiene so hard?
>>
>>27369030
>Someone post an art piece or a doctor's journal from before 1900 confirming this.
I'm interested in that piece. Could someone post it?
>>
>>27369030

>The sixth-century Greek physician Aetius of Amida is credited with coining the term "ionthos" or "acnae", which is believed to have been a reference to facial skin lesions that occur during "the 'acme' of life" (referring to puberty).[84]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acne_vulgaris#History

Acne has been affecting people for ages. There have been various treatments available for centuries (and some of them actually worked, at least to some extent--though many were just considered efficacious due to superstition) but NEVER have there been as many efficacious treatments available as there are today.

So many people with severe acne have such resistance to going to a doctor and getting it fixed. I honestly don't fucking get it.

It's very treatable now, more than it's ever been.

The only reason I can truly understand not going to a doctor for severe acne is if you have only had shit experiences with doctors and therefore assume no doctor will help (wrong assumption) or if you're in a country that lets people's faces rot off with papules because MUH FREEDOM
>>
>>27369074

It's not just about showering. In fact it doesn't have much to do with it.

There are people who are very clean and still get terrible acne, and people who barely wash and still don't get it.
>>
File: 1447793270659 (1).png (19 KB, 957x751) Image search: [Google]
1447793270659 (1).png
19 KB, 957x751
I get it op, I was on Accutane for a year, i dont get acne anymore but my face, chest and back are covered in scars. There is no escape treat it now or you will regret it.
>>
Put a towel over your pillowcase, stop eating dairy and bee yourself.
>>
>>27369316

Aqui esta tu (tu)
>>
>>27368737
>How come the acne "gene" didn't die out?

Because it doesn't stop people reproducing. In most cases it's just a temporary condition, and doesn't really get in the way of adult mating.

If you've still got acne as an adult, you're probably screwed though.
>>
>acne
>gene

Not everything is genes, it probably has a physical cause we just don't know it yet
>>
>>27370173

Genes are physical things with physical effects, though.
>>
File: 1457349432797.jpg (23 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
1457349432797.jpg
23 KB, 446x362
Is there anything I can do to make the scars on my back less visable? Can't afford expensive meds, so is there a poorfag option?
>>
>>27368737
From this I got 1, 2 and 6.
Nothing on my body tho, they are all in my face.

I am eating healthy, but they still come. Have invested in a face scrub now and will try to use that a couple of times every week.

I'm almost 22, should not have to deal with this shit.
>>
>>27370269

http://www.amazon.com/Boots-Expert-Scar-Care-Serum/dp/B002IRT798

Shouldn't cost more than like $10 if you find it in a local store.
>>
>>27370331

Prescription meds will likely be far more effective than any OTC acne treatments/scrubs/whatever.

If you can get an RX for clindamycin solution you'll probably see good results within just a few weeks.
>>
>>27370331
>>27370356

gotta say though, I would NOT use it on the nose.

It's not really for blackheads and nose skin is more sensitive to chemicals.
>>
>>27368737
>How come the acne "gene" didn't die out?

It probably has evolutionary advantages in certain time and place. Not 'having' acne but the skins propensity to get acne e.g have more skin oil and bigger pores.
>>
>>27370385
not everything is an evolutionary advantage
acne has absolutely no benefits
>>
>>27370331
Usually I have to deal with the same stuff you posted but now it has started to lean more against 6. I keep getting these fucking hair infections or whatever. It's really annoying and they usually hurt like hell.
People say it's because it's dirty and infects the hair pores or whatever but that's fucking bullshit, I've scrubbed myself clean like a fucking madman and they still keep popping up. Sometimes they turn purple and a shitton of blood comes out from it. Should I just use a knife or a needle and pop these shits or what's the easiest treatment not involving meds or salves or whatever?
>>
>>27370331
I get all of that, in varying degrees, except for papules.

Oh god they're so good to pop.
>>
>>27368978
I was prescribed it only 4 years ago and it's a fucking miracle drug, don't listen to the lies.

Yes you need to put up with 6 months of horrible itchy skin and constant bloodtests but when its finished literally it's like your acne never existed.

I had beyond terrible cystic acne that I thought never would leave. I haven't gotten a pimple since I finished my treatment.
>>
>>27370405

Genes can do more than one thing.

It could conceivably be the case that genes responsible for susceptibility to acne also provide beneficial effects that have nothing to do with acne.
>>
>>27368978
Its still available in weaker forms from differebt companies, i took claravis which is a form of accutane. Its not covered by most insurance because its seen as a cosmetic drug. Side effects are hell but the drug works period.
>>
>>27368860
here's what worked for me
>benzoyl peroxide for like a month
after that:
>no touching your face unless washing it
>no washing your face excessively (if it feels dry you went too far)
>no pimple popping unless they are painful/too big
>get some sun exposure (optional)
>age
>>
>>27370447

>In discontinuing Accutane, Roche expressed no concern about the drug's safety or effectiveness. However, numerous users of the drug reported harmful responses to it, dating to the time it was first marketed in 1982.

>Accutane is linked to serious birth defects when taken by pregnant women. Accutane also is connected with side effects of depression, suicidal thoughts and bowel diseases including Crohn's.

>A 2001 article in the New England Journal of Medicine linked Accutane to depression. A U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) study examined 110 people who took Accutane and were hospitalized for depression or attempted suicide. Their ages ranged from 12 to 47.

>At a 2009 meeting of the American College of Gastroenterology in San Diego, a research team from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill presented the results of a study that showed a higher rate of digestive disorders, including ulcerative colitis, in Accutane users. The UNC study found that Accutane users were 1.7 times more likely to develop Inflammatory Bowel Disease than the general population, while those who had filled at least four Accutane prescriptions were 2.67 times more likely to come down with the disease. Patients with IBD experience diarrhea, abdominal pain, cramping and bleeding.

>The UNC presentation also showed that patients who took Accutane had more than four times the risk of developing ulcerative colitis than the general population. Ulcerative colitis is a condition in which the lining of the colon and rectum develops open sores, causing severe pain and irritation during bowel movements.

https://www.drugwatch.com/accutane/recall.php

I was wrong to say it wasn't a thing anymore--there are still other brands of isotretinoin, but name brand Accutane was discontinued in 2009 from the US market.
>>
>>27368737
Looks didn't matter nearly as much back in the day when survival actually meant something. Also ugly women never really get bred out because they still have tits ass and vagina which gives them a free ticket to reproduction.
>>
>>27370516
Don't be a pregnant woman then.

Also I can promise you some moderate depression and it's itchiness for a few months is worse having clear skin.
>>
>>27368737
acne is often the result of high test and dht.

the super buff acne scarred ancestors raped their progeny into existence or maybe covered it up with beards?
>>
>>27370556

>Also I can promise you some moderate depression and it's itchiness for a few months is worse having clear skin.

Not if you end up killing yourself though. And there's also the issue of the 400% increase in the risk of rectal sores.

I'm glad it worked for you but it should not be a first line treatment.

Antibiotic + topical retinoid stacks are much safer than oral retinoids.
>>
>>27370624
No way Accutane makes you depressed enough to commit suicide. You would have to already be seriously considering it to have it push you at all.
>>
>>27370667
Its not accutane on its own its outside factors. Chances are if youre on accutane your social life is shit, you have zero confidence. For me everyone just kept staring at my acne and mentioning it making me feel like utter shit
>>
>no pimples on my face
>just red acne marks on my face
>>
>>27370667

You can't know that. Just because it didn't affect you that way doesn't mean it wouldn't cause someone else to do it.

Chemicals can affect different people in different ways.

I just can't wrap my head around why a doctor would prescribe oral retinoids without trying something else first, considering topical ones stacked with topical antibiotics are proven safer and (to my knowledge) free of psychotropic effects.

My doctor never prescribed me accutane because the antibiotic/topical retinoid stack he got me on worked so well.

And I had extreme, disfiguring cystic acne that was constantly bleeding and making it feel like fire ants stinging my face 24/7
>>
Just pop the fucking zits you retards. Literally all you have to do is squeeze out the core of the infection, and it will be gone, and all you'll show is a single scarred pore.

The problem with you people is that you fell for the "don't pop it" meme.

If you remove the core of the infection and clean the area, it WILL go away.

Nodules are literally caused by you letting that shit fester inside you until it spreads.
>>
Everyone back in the day was Stinking compared to now.

However, very bad cases of Acne would have brought disgust from people - the bible is riddled with people with skin maladies and I bet more than a few of them were just Acne'd up the ass.
>>
>>27371067

Don't listen to this buffoon this will fuck up your skin

You can only pop zits that have come to a head and are about to pop anyway.

Big cysts under the skin barely even "pop", they just bleed and tend to swell up even bigger if you fuck around with them.
>>
>>27371067
see
>>27371131

Faggots that don't have real acne need to just shut their fucking mouths about shit they don't understand. I have goddamned boils underneath my fucking skin all over my back, shoulders chest and face, not little boohoo pimples on my cheeks that people complain about.
>>
>>27371067
You forgot to mention: "just be yourself"
>>
>>27371157

Have you seen a doctor?

this is an original comment
>>
>>27371117

The bible talks about so much it's almost unreal.

Tongue ties, circumcision, people trying to get un-circumcised, acne, the list goes on

it's almost as if not that much has really changed
>>
>>27371204
Yes. I was put on tetracycline and retinoid cream for a few years.

Now I can't even afford to go see my GP to get my fucking antidepressants refilled; no way can I afford a derm again.
>>
>>27371131
>>27371157

You aren't squeezing deep enough, senpai.

Didn't say it would be easy. But there is still an obstructed path, and a core of infection that needs to be cleared.

Like literally, all you need to do is not be a huge pussy, and squeeze out the infection.

Just because you're bleeding doesn't mean that you've cleared shit. That just means you fucked up and now you have a ton of extra inflammation because you squeezed the surface too hard.
>>
>25
>get acne on my back and shoulders out of nowhere
>still getting acne on my face

Can you sue your parents for giving you bad genetics?
>>
>>27371296

Shit-tier advice, you don't know what you're talking about and any doctor would tell you you're completely wrong.
>>
>>27371243

That's fucking bullshit man. I'm sorry.

Are you American?
>>
>>27370447
I wag put on accutane when i was in high school. Shit was awful. The side effects are pretty bad and while you're on it your acne goes crazy.

And after all that I still get cystic acne years later. The ride never ends.
>>
>>27371296
Since you're so wise, maybe you could advise those of us who get cysts where there is nothing to squeeze. Just a big red tender spot that can last weeks/months.

Oh that's right you actually have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>27371621

That's thickened and inflamed skin, and it's just getting bigger and isn't draining, you need to provide a way to remove pus and trapped fluid. Acne is primarily a plumbing problem.

If you are comfortable with sterilizing a needle, feeling around, and puncturing yourself in the appropriate location, you can drain it yourself, and this is reasonably decent at minimizing scarring.

Otherwise, you need to let a dermatologist drain it. Generally speaking, they will even give you a steroid injection, which will reduce inflammation, which will often cause swelling and redness to die down, or they will cut/pierce into the area if it's getting large and spreading, and will drain and clean out the affected area.

I have had experiences with cystic acne, and still get regular flareups, and drainage has always worked well for me. I mean, I have a few scars and permanently enlarged pores. But the worst offenders are either incredibly small now, or can be manually cleared of material with gentle squeezing in the morning.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.