[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck my shit up senpai. No matter how much I prepared my self
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-03-24 12.04.58.jpg (311 KB, 941x530) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-24 12.04.58.jpg
311 KB, 941x530
Fuck my shit up senpai.
No matter how much I prepared my self i couldnt finish all of the problems except the first one while in 50 minutes.most of my class solved them in 30 minutes. Im in ficking 12th grade struggling with 10th grade material. If i fail this test (i have a very high chance to do so)I get a failing grade for the semester.
My stupidity at basic math destroyed my educational and professional future. I dont know if I should try anymore...
>>
>>27367964
Doesn't almost every Math teacher recommend consultation if you don't understand shit?
My maths teacher always used to say "If you don't understand topics PLEASE come for consultation, how much time will you need? 30 minutes? 2 hours? No problem."
>>
I went to consultations, private teachers, nothing helps...
Besides in my school teachers have no time. They just get in, lecture and get out.
>>
what are the answers tho?

someone do number 6 for me
>>
>>27367991

My maths teacher said this, then just yelled at those of us who attended consultation for 'not listening first time' or 'not researching ourselves'

>>27368112
It's a russian B, although I expect b for bait in your case and I've been rused
>>
>>27368112
Find the critical points, ie the function equals zero for x = 2, x = 5/3, not defined at x = +- 1 or 0

Realize it can only change signs when passing through the x axis

Partition the x axis into -infinity to -1, -1 to 1, 1 to 5/3, 5/3 to 2, 2 to infinity and test values in between. I'm not going to do that for you since it's so easy and i just explained it. Plot it on wolfram maybe to help yourself.
>>
these are all just simple "shove the equation around" exercises though (guessing that you just have to prove the equations?)

Tip: Just multiplicate with the polynoms in the denominator. Should take 5 min at most
>>
>>27367964
Just study harder senpai

unlike getting a gf, mathematics is learnable
>>
Top left:
>factorize the quadratics on the LHS to see if you can cancel any common factors
>then start to work giving the rest a common denominator so you can (eventually) solve for x
>there is a tonne of basic algebra in this one, busy work basically, lots of room for mistakes

Top right ("6"):
>square both sides to get rid of the square roots
>basic quadratic, solve for x

Bottom left:
>the first factor (x^2 - 10) is the difference of two squares so you have two factors (and hence roots) there
>(3-x) is giving you another root for free
>factorize the quadratic to get the remaining roots
>at that point I would sketch a very rough version of the graph (you need to know that the leading coefficient is negative + the general shape of an x^5 polynomial
>sketching makes solving inequalities easy because you can just look at the graph and the roots, and see where it is above the x-axis

Bottom right ("6"):
>factorize the x^2 on the bottom (again difference of two squares)
>pull out a 4 from the top, gives you an (x-2) factor which you can cancel off the bottom
>still looks ugly at this point: either you could attempt to draw the graph or manipulate the inequality
>I feel uncomfortable manipulating inequalities so I would probably make a weak attempt at drawing the graph then give up

t. guy who dropped out of a maths degree
>>
>>27368182
You need to find the accpted value range, and find the radicals of the quadratic functions to a(1-x1)(1-x2) format in the equations and them contract them in a very long calculation process that takes half an a4 page to write down.

Calculators are forbidden
>>
File: graph_x_squared_minus_4.png (17 KB, 482x297) Image search: [Google]
graph_x_squared_minus_4.png
17 KB, 482x297
>>27368263
>You need to find the accpted value range

For questions like this:

ax^2 + bx + c >= 0

Basically anything with an inequality sign, your goal should be to draw the graph. That means you need to know:

>the roots i.e the factorized form: (x-a)(x-b)
>the general shape of the graph

so the general shape of POSITIVE x^2 graph is a smiley face (upward parabola). Positive = happy = smiley face = upward parabola.

Once you draw the graph, you can SEE where the graph is above or below a specified value. If it has an inequality sign, try your best to draw the graph. Like in pic related you can clearly see that for x >2, and x < -2, the graph is above 0.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.