[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why all the hate for Linkin Park?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: lp 2007.jpg (264 KB, 837x628) Image search: [Google]
lp 2007.jpg
264 KB, 837x628
How come so many people rag on LP?

I'm not talking specifically about here on /r9k/ but in general.

Is it a meme, or do they really hate their music?

They're a decent band.
>>
Because edgy middle schoolers listen to them.
>>
>>27367758
Hating Linkin Park and Nickelback became a meme.
>>
>>27367766
Both good bands
>>
First two albums are classics of their time.

But their real greatest effort is A Thousand Suns. Really great, slightly experimental electronic rock effort. Of course they ditched that direction immediately after due to whiny fans mad that they changed their sound.
>>
>>27367765
It's not 2004 anymore m8. Edgy middle schoolers listen to Martin Garrix now.
>>
Session is their only good song
>>
>>27368143

Mah niggah. Also the "hidden" track at the end of Part of Me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUbSy8xZOV4
>>
>>27367758
LP was good early y2k. It ended there.
>>
>>27367777
>nickelback
>good band

choose one
>>
Hybrid Theory and Meteora are the shit. LP is one of my favorite childhood bands.
>>
CANT YOU SEE THAT YOU'RE SMOTHERING ME
>>
>>27367758
It's not hate, it's just that their music is unoriginal, cliched, washed up nu metal aimed at edgy teeny boppers and stacies.
>>
I don't think they people hate linkin park like they do nickelback, it's just a mix of people making fun of how edgy some of their early lyrics were mixed with people who don't like the "new lp" that's existed since minutes til midnight
>>
>>27367777
>>27368222
Quads of truth, trips of wisdom
>>
I like LP, the new albums are great
>>
Linkin Park is a shit band for edgy kids with a power fantasy.
>>
>>27367874
I agree, a thousand suns was definetly the best besides their first two, really wish they would've kept going with that sound. Their newest album wasn't that bad either
>>
The modern Nickelback, they just listen Chester screaming and think "oh, every song is the same".. you can do that with most bands out there

That said after Meteora I lost interest
>>
Really? People hate Linkin Park?
I am surprised most kids today have even heard of Linkin Park to be honest, I mean they were more of a popular band when I was in high school back in 1998-2003.
Hybrid Theory and Meteora were really cool albums at the time.
Don't you kids have your own music to listen to?
I mean I don't even know what bands the youth of today are listening to because I am too old to know that stuff now, so I don't get why you even know about Linkin Park which was from my day.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.