[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else /irrationalfear/? I have a genetic thing from mommy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13
File: Myfear.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Myfear.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
Anyone else /irrationalfear/?
I have a genetic thing from mommy that I am terrified of anything near my neck. I can't sleep unless I have a pillow or blanket covering it because I feel that something is going to cut my throat. In the car as a passenger I have to keep the driver in sight. If I look away I feel they are going to cut my throat. This is literally my only fear and it makes no sense and controls my life.
>>
Come on robots, share your fears!
>>
>>27367685
I've been having a recent fear of closing my eyes while trying to go to sleep out of fear that the moment I open them, something horrible is going to be centimeters from my face.
You could see how this may be affecting my sleep quality.
>>
File: 1451401610433.jpg (107 KB, 1040x1055) Image search: [Google]
1451401610433.jpg
107 KB, 1040x1055
May or may not be irrational but I'm fucking scared of any force being put on my thighs. One of my worst fears is getting my arteries punctured and bleeding to death

I also get queasy after prolonged discussions about blood
>>
>>27368228
Do you have sleep paralysis? I've had it a few times and it's trippy. Completely paralyzed with a monster tier thing sitting on me crushing my chest.
>>
>>27367685
Moths

bigger then the smallest thing I can swat out of the air and I am numb with terror. I can't function near one of any real size- everything becomes about watching it constantly, from a distance and imagining all the ways efforts to kill it could backfire on me
>>
>>27368295
Shit man, I was shot in the face and lost more than half of my blood. The shards hit my carotid artery and I passed out after about 2 minutes. It was actually not bad, I felt no pain, just got cold and tired.
>>
>>27367685
I see you too have the blood of the vampire hunters in your veins. Hehehe
Pardon my humour, but your fears are well founded. Even now the vampires are becoming aware to your awakened state as a hunter of the the night.
Good luck, and I hope me may meet one day.

>>27368327
Just use bug spray and a towl.
>>
>>27368355
Funny enough, Vampire hunter d is one of my favorite movies!
>>
>>27368355
>bug spray
>transforms moths into suicide bombers determined to take you with them to hell

The fact that sprays choke the life from shit, typically resulting in bugs flipping the fuck out gets me. I can't crush them without something weighty and big, and even then I need to be sure it wont move or survive. I fear the idea of retribution. I overspray like a bitch, it needs to die almost instantly and within sight of me. I can't stand to be in the same room as one unless I've seen it die
>>
>>27367685
>I can't sleep unless I have a pillow or blanket covering it
Same, m8. Also have to cover my ear so spiders don't crawl in there.
>>
>>27368437
I had a dream last week that I was held down and a fucking centipede crawled into my ear. Fuck that
>>
>>27368398
That's why you use the towl. Spray them and swat em down.
>>
>>27368349

Please tell the full story including more details on your subjective experience if you're still here, anon.
>>
>>27367685
Could you imagine how much it would fuck you up if the shit actually happened tho and you survived you'd be in bunker mode for the rest of your life
>>
File: Eye exam.jpg (41 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
Eye exam.jpg
41 KB, 528x960
>>27368495
Still here, I was at my only friends house in his basement. He had just gotten a new gun and was fucking around with it while I was watching a movie. He thought it was empty and pointed it at me and pulled the trigger. I remember hearing a bang and feeling a slight pain in my neck. My friend freaked the fuck out and called 911. I just went to his couch and sat there. It was pretty peaceful, I was content with dying. I started to feel like how you feel when you drink a few beers. Kinda like being buzzed. I got peacefully cold, like a cold that hugged me and surrounded me. I closed my eyes and pictured my family. I wanted to go out thinking of them. I then woke up in the hospital. It's funny. I was inches from death but there is hardly even a scar
>>
>>27368557
Anon the gun was cursed, your eyes are glowing red with demonic anger now

Are you sure you didn't bet possessed by z0z0?
>>
>>27368604
Haha, if only. My eyes were fucked up from the optometrist. They put dilating eyedrops in.
>>
>>27367685
I had the exact same fear when I was young, except it was triggered by a massive insect landing on my neck while I was watching TV. I got over it eventually, but every time I went to sleep I'd need to sleep on the side of my neck it landed on (my right side) so another bug couldn't land on it again.
>>
I'm scared of public bathrooms and these automatic toilets they just terrify me for no reason
>>
>>27368327
What's the worst case scenario with a moth?
>>
File: 1437791133004.jpg (16 KB, 301x312) Image search: [Google]
1437791133004.jpg
16 KB, 301x312
>>27368349
>>27368557
>friend points a gun at you

I hope you're not friends with that fucking retard anymore

>all these people dying from gunshot wounds
>anon gets shot in the face and is content with dying
>lives
>>
>>27368750
He killed himself when he thought I died.
>>
bees 'n wasps.
I know heaps of people are scared of them but I can't fucking stand the cunts.
Every time one goes near me I freak the fuck out and make a break for it.
>>
>>27368917
Pretty sure that's just instinct. Are you allergic to bees?
>>
>>27368831
Assuming this story isn't bullshit, what a fucking shitshow
>>
Nope. not allergic at all, been stung once, when I was a little kid. I was scared before then. After I was stung I stopped being as afraid of them for a while, but then my fear just came back. I'm a fucking grown man who runs away from wasps.
>>
>>27367685
My fear is that I'll die before ever kissing that.
>>
File: Nightmare.jpg (6 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare.jpg
6 KB, 257x196
>>27368970
What would you do about one of these mofos?
>>
>>27368998
probably scream like a girl and piss my pants.
>>
>>27369011
Probably an appropriate reaction. They say it has the most painful sting of any insect. They actually instruct you to lie down and just scream after getting stung.
>>
>>27369041
and yet this motherfucker is just holding one in his hand? Did they remove the stinger or is he just retarded?
>>
>>27369056
Nah you can see the stinger if you look closely. I think it's dead or paralyzed
>>
>>27368982

But that's a rational fear, anon.
>>
I wouldn't hold one of those things if it was dead, paralyzed, tied up, in a cage, in a glass box, frozen, and I was in a hazmat suit.
That fucking thing is scary.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 299x169
>>27369114
I used to battle these giant hornets when I was a kid. They lived underground and I would kick up their nests and battle them with a tennis raquet
>>
>>27369207
>not using the water hose
>>
You were a brave kid.
I remember finding a wasps' nest and literally shitting myself as a kid.
>>
>>27368750
>all these people dying from gunshot wounds
>anon gets shot in the face and is content with dying
>lives

This is pretty ironic desu
>>
File: Image.png (247 KB, 475x562) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
247 KB, 475x562
>>27369297
Story of my fucking life honestly.
>>
>>27369297
I think when you are that close to death acceptance is the natural response
>>
>>27368831
Hahahaha what a fucking pussy lmao
>>
>>27367685
I have a similar fear as you, OP. Not about my neck but my wrists
>>
I watched a video of that basketball player that got his bone popped out, it really affected me that now i'm scared of doing extreme things such as running or jumping. Are our bones actually strong for running and jumping ?
>>
Assuming this is true
That's pretty cool, now you got a story all about how your life was flip turned upside-down when your friend fucking shot you in the face.

>so anon, tell me about yourself
>well i got shot in the face once

you will get all the pucci
>>
>>27369471
forgot >>27368557
originarudesuka
>>
>>27369444
>Are our bones actually strong for running and jumping ?

Yes.
>>
>>27369444
>extreme things such as running or jumping
>extreme

Don't worry, your bones actually get stronger if you run or jog regularly
>>
>>27369444
I watched that same webm actually. Yeah, it looked pretty painful, but I wouldn't say it stopped me from doing stuff like... running and jumping. Maybe because i've seen a lot of "rekt" stuff in the past. Not sure.
>>
>>27367685
Am I the only one who has a constant fear/imagination of being crushed? Specifically my balls

Like every time I see something heavy I just thinking ohmgod imagine that crushing my balls. It makes me shudder. I work at a furniture store so I legit have this thought 30 or more times a day
>>
>>27369686
But that basketball guy must have ran a lot more than me. And his bone got popped out by just jumping. God, even typing this makes me uncomfortable. I'm very sensitive to rekt stuffs
>>
>>27369815
Yeah but that's a one in a million chance. Imagine how many basketball games have been recorded and that's only one accident
>>
>>27369852
>and that's only one accident
And I meant to say that's only one accident where someones bone popped out with no apparent reason. Sure, accidents do happen in sports but usually it's much more minor or had some foul play involved
>>
File: 5.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
Had an allergic reaction that put me in the hospital.
Have an irrational fear of food now.
Used to go days without eating, but now i am pushing through my anxiety and trying new food occasionally. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>27368228
I used to have this fear when I was little. Oddly enough it helped me sleep because once I closed my eyes I absolutely refused to open them until the next morning.
>>
File: 1438939416556.png (649 KB, 604x592) Image search: [Google]
1438939416556.png
649 KB, 604x592
I hate not being able to see people who can see me.

Not being out in public and can't see the people behind me, but for example standing inside at night with the light near a window that isn't covered, that type of not being able to see them. Could be called a fear of darkness or something I guess.
>>
I hate seeing hairs in the bathtub

Shit's disgusting to me
>>
i cant take a shit without imagining someone watching me, same with some other things

fucking hell its a pain being paranoid
>>
>>27369815
>And his bone got popped out by just jumping.

The human body is very fucky like that. People regularly snap tendons from doing menial shit like getting in position and sprinting off or shooting a basketball.

Then you have weird motherfuckers like >>27368349 that can get shot in the motherfucking face, have a severed artery and loses 5 pints of fucking blood and still live.
>>
>>27368349
>nazi lightning tattoo
>>
>>27368228
Have you seen that image with a close up of the face of some witch/corpse hoovering over a bed or something? It's fucking terrifying. If anyone knows what i'm talking about please post it
>>
I get panic attacks whenever anything to do with the heart is mentioned. It was awful in biology class, I'd have to sit through a whole hour with my head on the desk trying to calm myself down
>>
File: holyshitmyheart.jpg (266 KB, 897x1200) Image search: [Google]
holyshitmyheart.jpg
266 KB, 897x1200
>>27372821
she comes xd

greetings from /x/
>>
I need a more time to read.
>>
>>27367685
During the day I can sleep just about anywhere
In a car, under a tree, on a couch, on the floor
Sun streaming in, nice and warm, cars going by, birds making noise
No problem, takes a minute or two and I am down and out

But, at night

Need it to be completely dark or I can't sleep, windows are covered with boards, zero light in the room, have a king sized post bed with a solid canopy that has drapes around it
Has to be super cool, AC is on at night all year
Can't have carpet, floor is bare wood
Door has to be locked, I even have 2 door braces that lower into slots on the wall
Have to use earplugs when I sleep at night, any sound, even barely there will wake me up
Plus I can't use blankets only a top sheet
Can't have anyone in the room, dog either
Had a girlfriend she wanted to move in, told/showed her the sleeping thing, told her she would be in the spare room at night, daytime was OK, but not at night, she dumped my ass and told everyone at school that I was some kind of freak
>>
File: _1453012277564.gif (726 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
_1453012277564.gif
726 KB, 240x180
>>27373031
Fuck mom. I said I would take the trash out when they come, just get out, go.
>>
File: sickmeme.jpg (81 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
sickmeme.jpg
81 KB, 560x560
>>27367685
All fears are irrational because life is irrational

Pic related
>>
Slugs. I swear they're sneaky little bastards, pretending to be all slow but only when you're looking. Look away and they move two feet towards you in an instant

eeeugughhgh
>>
>>27367685
have a fear of veins, i wear gloves in the summer and look edgy all the time, this being said I cover my neck while I sleep too.

once in bio we were measuring our pulse for a lab a few years ago in hs and I remember putting my fingers on my neck and then waking up in the nurses office. veinny dicks make me want to cry everything about this sucks
>>
>>27367685
i thought that was only me
>>
>>27368349
saw you post in a face rate thread the other day. you got patched up pretty good
>>
>>27367685
I fear that, when I move past a (somewhat) tall building, something will fall on top of me and crush me, or someone killing themselves by jumping kills me by landing on me.
>>
>>27367685
I want NOTHING sharp in the vicinity of my ears, especially pins or knives
Uuugggghhhh.....
>>
cancer, cancer everywhere
>>
>>27376746
I know, man I'm really afraid of getting
Cancer too
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.