[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any orthodonticfags here? My Invisalign dentist just put elastics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: TeethElastics.jpg (621 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
TeethElastics.jpg
621 KB, 2048x1536
Any orthodonticfags here? My Invisalign dentist just put elastics on to move my maxilla slightly back and my lower jaw slightly forward. I have a slight overjet but even before treatment I had great bone structure with a decent bite. I just had a slight overjet and some crooked teeth. I keep reading here that having a good maxilla, which I do is the most important thing in facial attractiveness, these elastics won't fuck that up right? I'm 21 so my face is done growing but I don't really know.
>>
Yes it'll fuck you up. Class 2 elastics will pull your maxilla backwards and also either tilt your maxilla downwards(long face) or upwards (short face). It'll more likely go downwards. Your eyes will become super un-attractive as the lower support recess and your jawline will disappear forever. This is all worst case scenario, but happens often. Good luck. I'd suggest getting a second opinion from an maxillofacial surgeon NOT an oral surgeon. A face concious orthodontist would be good too.
>>
They will not fuck up anything because they will not move anything. You are being scammed adult jaws don't move.
>>
>>27367896
That's entirely false. Elastics work on the whole premise of moving the jaws. The problem with braces is it is backwards movement. Cases where elastic are used are used for camouflaging skeletal malocclusions by adjusting the oral occlusional plane. This is a compromise when surgery is not an option. The problem is that the braces achieve a correct oral occlusion while doing nothing for the base cause (skeletal) or making the problem worse. To achieve forward repositioning of a skeletal malocclusion you need surgery or interference as a young child (under 12ish)
>>
>>27367887
>>27367949

So what do I do? What's the solution? I just took them off, luckily I didn't have them in for more than a few hours.
>>
>>27367989
Talk to your orthodontist about your concerns and consult with a maxillofacial surgeon(whether or not surgery is an option for you). Depending on the size of your over jet/bite the elastics may have neglible effects on your face.
>>
>>27367649
I don't have much to add that hasn't been mentioned, but the other posts are correct in that elastics usually make the maxilla drop. I had a large overjet and overbite, although my maxilla probably dropped less than other cases for whatever reason. (it was already fucked, though, not like I looked good before) Trying to make the jaws meet by pulling the upper jaw backwards is retarded and ruins faces.
>>
My ortho fucked me over by giving me a second set of braces after my lower jaw grew to correct my underbite.

Didn't fix much of anything, and now I have neck and jaw pain instead of just neck pain. If I could sue him I would.

FUCK orthodontists. I just want my crossbite fixed so I'm not in constant FUCKING PAIN all the time.

Is there a way to ruin my orthodontists life? Because that fucker seriously ruined mine.
>>
>>27368319

Also, the ortho has suggested removing a lower tooth and pushing the lower teeth back some.

I should've just had jaw surgery ,fucking hell. He ruined my smile my face looks worse now. I hate it beyond words. I seriously just want to fucking cry thinking about it.
>>
If you care about perfect teeth you must have or want a gf. Otherwise brushing them is good enough.

Get out.
>>
>>27368347
Under almost no circumstance do you want teeth removed! If braces don't ruin your face, having teeth removed ABSOLUTELY will. Sooooo many faces are destroyed because of extractions.
>>
So with what's been said itt so far, which are the good orthos for braces? My teeth are fucked up (overcrowded) and my jaw is misaligned (slight overbite). I dont want my jaw fucked up so Im willing to save up for a good ortho that wont fuck me over
>>
>>27368107

I don't need surgery or extractions, like I said my overjet is pretty small. I read somewhere that as an adult the actual jaw doesn't change but only the teeth move. Can anyone confirm this?
>>
>>27368385

This underbite combined with a crossbite causes me literally constant pain, but yeah, I can imagine.

Fuck I hate this. Maybe I should just go see another orthodontist and see what can be done.
>>
>>27368404
Both move to an extent. The fallacy that the jaws don't move in adulthood probably stems from the fact that jaws don't grow in any new direction in adulthood. Early childhood orthodontics moves jaws and redirects growth of the jaws. Adult orthodontics just move the jaws and teeth. The difference is subtle in text but it has huge ramifications on the face.
>>
>>27368453
You have an underbite? Class 3 skeletal malocclusions are treated with surgery more often than other malocclusions. Usually with an underbite you'd have a horizontally recessed maxilla and excessive outward mandible growth. You said you had past orthodontic treatment? If it was braces and elastics perhaps your mandible was retracted to meet the maxilla resulting in a still un balanced occlusion. A side profile picture of your face would help, this goes for everyone with questions too.
>>
>>27368459

So I guess the solution would be move the lower jaw forward in order to not retract the maxilla backwards?
>>
>>27368491
What would you suggest I do? And yes. He used eureka springs the second time to move my upper jaw forward in an attempt to move it over my lower.

I wish I was dead. It was literally the worst mistake I ever made.
>>
I just hit 20, getting my wisdom teeth extracted, and going to get my teeth straightened this summer. Right now dentist told me that I'll probably need to get my premolars removed for braces or go for invisalign but that may not treat my crossbite as well. I have no idea what's going on, any tips?
>>
>>27370072

Don't get your teeth extracted unless you want an ugly sunken in face with no jawline or cheekbones.
>>
>>27370072

>Paying a guy to disfigure your face

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqX51OeXXlc
>>
>>27370072

Don't bother unless your teeth look absolute and utterly awful.

i wish I could go back and undo what that piece of shit orthodontist did to me. My teeth and face look worse, my jaw always hurts, and my neck still hurts.
>>
>>27370272

I'm sorry you got fucked over bro.

Are you on any medications that cause clenching, like Adderall or the like?

Not that I"m saying that's the cause of your issue but if you have issues with your jaw, stims will make them ten times worse.

If you're not on meds then disregard
>>
File: 1458754184718.jpg (46 KB, 400x403) Image search: [Google]
1458754184718.jpg
46 KB, 400x403
>>27370320

Nah.

I just got fucked. Thing is, it didn't hurt until the braces came off, and now my smile is ugly when it was nice before, jaw doesn't look nice and manly anymore, etc.

But the pain is the worst part. It ALWAYS hurts, unless I'm drunk. From the moment I wake up until I go to bed I'm in pain.

If I ever lost my shit and went on a rampage, I'd go find my ortho and literally smash his jaw and teeth into pieces with a hammer. That fucking slimeball piece of shit.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.