[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any of you fags try melatonin? does it work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: melatonin.png (127 KB, 725x551) Image search: [Google]
melatonin.png
127 KB, 725x551
any of you fags try melatonin?

does it work?
>>
Yes it works.
But I had nightmares sometimes.
>>
Yes it works a bit, if you have coffee 3 hours before you still won't get any sleep
>>
>>27366622
Basically that, my dreams were hella weird and i am sleepier in the mornings.
>>
Melatonin only works when it is dark.

If you're looking at a screen before bed it won't fucking work at all.
>>
>>27366612
Yeah it works, but don't abuse it. Use it every other day or when you feel like you absolutely cannot sleep. I use the 5mg version and sometimes I take 2 if I plan to sleep in a bit. It gives me quite vivid dream sometimes.
>>
>>27366622
This, shit is pretty scary desu.
>>
Yeah it sort of works.

It makes you tired, but it doesn't entirely make you sleep better.

I often get very vivid or terrifying dreams when i use it.
>>
>>27366622
Gives me scary ass dreams and sleep paralysis
>>
>>27366644
I had dreams that I was a decapitated head floating in a river of blood.

Now I take melatonin everyday.
>>
I used to take 10mg tablets. desu hydroxyzine works better.
>>
File: dlv-min.png (507 KB, 1480x1079) Image search: [Google]
dlv-min.png
507 KB, 1480x1079
>>27366612
It makes falling asleep easier for me.

I almost never remember my dreams or I don't have dreams. Taking melatonin makes my dreams more vivid/lucid. I would rather not have dreams than to feel something that intensely that I can't have. The escapism only leaves me empty afterwards.
>>
It does make you tired, but as other posters have said, you get vivid dreams with it. I also tend to get vivid hypnogogic hallucinations and when I fall asleep I'd start dreaming that I was awake and still tossing and turning in bed. The morning after I know I was dreaming as somethings are always off and dream-like.
It's not that fun or good, but it beats listening to my nonsensical thoughts at the threshold of sleep, which cause me anxiety and prevent me from falling asleep.
>>
>>27366612
I never got nightmares or anything on it

you have to work with it though, I'd turn off my lights just after having it, and turn my screen dimmer down as low as possible, before going to bed within 30 mins of taking it
>>
>>27366612
Valerian works better for me desu
>smells like the devil's ballsack though
>>
File: 0008 - 5Pihc6O.jpg (756 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
0008 - 5Pihc6O.jpg
756 KB, 4500x4334
>>27366612
If you're gonna take this stuff don't get jewed and buy the straight powder online MUCH cheaper

http://www.powdercity.com/products/melatonin-powder

http://purebulk.com/melatonin-powder/

I've posted shit in threads like this b4 but know one cares so I'm not going to bother typing a bunch of shit.

But I recommend it , also don't fall for the sub mg dosing take like 10mg
>>
>>27368800
i dont think this is very safe, anno
>>
>>27368800
Correction
>take 10mg if you want to make your body stop producing melatonin on its own
Melatonin is great for fixing your sleep cycle. It's not an everyday thing tho
>>
>>27368956
what's not safe ?
>>27368984
that's not how it works shut up fag , studies show people taking crap loads for months with no bad effects google it
>>
>>27366612
Works OK for me most of the time. No nightmares or weird shit, just a longer, better sleep.

But go with 10mg if you have a spergy brain like mine that never shuts the fuck up.
>>
>>27366652
f.lux for iPhone or PC.
Twilight for Android.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.