[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck guys. I just tried drinking alcohol for the first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 22
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
Holy fuck guys. I just tried drinking alcohol for the first time at age 23, and I just want to know how the hell you guys do it. I can barely get a mouthful down without nearly vomiting. I know that it's supposed to be an 'acquired' taste, but sweet Jesus I didn't think it would be THIS revolting.

I've tried some wine, whiskey, and spiced rum. Does the taste really very that much between price ranges? I got some cheap shit.

Am I just that big of a pussy? Is getting drunk even worth it?
>>
Drink beer, faggot
>>
>>27366053
get out normiiee bore me
>>
It is an acquired taste, you most likely won't be crazy about it right away. And yea you kind of are being a pussy
>>
>>27366053
well, drinking is socially acceptable, so I'd say it's worth it. But idk I hate alcohol and I dont smoke either. Maybe that's why I can count the amount of friends that I have with my fingers
>>
>>27366053
Also, I thought wine was supposed to be one of the most tolerable alcoholic beverages and easy for pussies like me to sip on, but holy shit it's fucking disgusting. Worse than the whiskey in my opinion. Finished about half a glass and if I drink anymore I'm going to lose my lunch.
>>
There's enormous variety in wine, and personal taste counts for a lot. As for whiskey, you need to either spend a lot of money or mix it. That's true of rum as well, but you can get away with spending less money.
>>
>>27366053
Get sangria, mix with orange juice.
>>
>>27366073
I'm 23 years old and I just went out by myself to buy some bottles of alcohol to drink alone in my room to find out what it's like. How the hell is that normie?
>>
the taste is alright, didn't continue drinking because it gave me a headache and always made me feel like shit the next day
>>
I usually just open a water bottle and after I take my shot I squeeze the water bottle so that water jettisons down my throat and cleanses my palate
>>
File: 1406630748868.png (28 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1406630748868.png
28 KB, 633x758
You're supposed to brace yourself for the nasty burn and just slam it down. After a while you'll be able to handle the taste better and actually get it down without much of a problem and then eventually you might start "liking" the tastes of various drinks
>>
It's a meme, bud.
>>
>>27366053
if it is cheap, then it is supposed to be mixed
just pour cola, add ice (getting it cold will kill the taste) and drink
this way you are more in control of intoxication level
good luck with your drinking gainz
>>
>>27366091

Red wine hangovers are probably the worst kind of hangover.
>>
The best pleasures from alcohol don't come from getting shitfaced but rather from enjoying the flavor of well-made beverages and the light effect that reasonable doses of alcohol give. It's especially nice if you're with friends who are also drinking in reasonable amounts.

>Does the taste really very that much between price ranges?

It's not just about price. There are expensive alcoholic drinks that still aren't very good, and some cheap ones that are actually very good (for their price point).

Try some Spencer Trappist Ale. It's expensive but it's a remarkably high-quality product. It's all natural and unfiltered, and the profits go to help maintain the costs of Spencer Abbey.

It is the best beer I have ever had. Careful when opening the top--it tends to spew out like a volcano, I imagine due to the heavy carbonation from the yeast.

What I usually do is pop the top and then immediately pour it into a glass.
>>
OP, you have to understand that alcohol is a poison. The brain naturally tries its best to prevent you from drinking poison if it can sense it (and with alcohol, it can definitely sense it.)

Small shots of vodka would likely be much better for you, since you can immediately wash it down with a chaser and be good. However, I highly recommend not consuming alcohol altogether, it's an awful drug and by far one of the most harmful.
>>
>>27366091

Try watering it down.
>>
>>27366274

>OP, you have to understand that alcohol is a poison. The brain naturally tries its best to prevent you from drinking poison if it can sense it (and with alcohol, it can definitely sense it.)

That's only the case with some (perhaps most) people, though. Other people take very readily to alcohol.

This has been demonstrated with a lot of other animals, including those closely related to us. Some monkeys can't stand the taste of alcohol and never get the taste for it, some are ambivalent at first but grow to like it (partly due to association with the psychotropic effects) and some love it right off the bat.

I have always enjoyed alcoholic drinks, thinking about them, tasting them, smelling them, everything. It's even kind of a fetish for me because I get sexually excited if I smell alcohol on a woman's breath (but of course I wouldn't use alcohol to take advantage of a woman).
>>
File: 1434870134274.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1434870134274.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>tfw wasn't bothered by the taste of even the "nastiest" hard liquor even when I was 16
Consider yourself in luck, OP
>>
Alcohol is overrated. Smoke weed drinking will make you feel bad. The better you feel the worse it is the nest day. Plus if you drink enough you will black out and can get into bad situations. But smoke Hella weed and you get hungry.
>>
>>27366323
I honestly never knew that, I stand corrected. What I said still applies to OP but now I understand why some people enjoy alcohol so much. Also, I know another factor is genetic lineage, for example Native Americans have a lower tolerance for alcohol due to their livers not adapting to it over hundreds of years like Europeans.
>>
File: 1451595524761.jpg (58 KB, 960x622) Image search: [Google]
1451595524761.jpg
58 KB, 960x622
>>27366053
Yeah, it's gross as fuck. That's why people toss shots down in a gulp without tasting them (and still grimace afterwards).

Go for mixed drinks to make hard alcohol more bearable. Rum and cola, gin and tonic, vodka + lemonade (though you'll be called a pussy), vodka + redbull, etc.

In the meantime try to acquire a taste for wine and beer.

Some people enjoy drinking whiskey on the rocks, but they're fucking retards.
>>
>>27366053
It takes a bit, my room mate still sucks at it. I can swish any hard liqour around my mouth and then swallow, no problem. I've started drinking nothing but whiskey lately. Bushmills is the best for the price I've found. I drink it on the rocks to make it sip a little longer.

Taking a break from drinking to get abs for summer though.
>>
>>27366264
Fuck dude, I thought I was allergic to it. I drank some Pinot and felt horrifically and uncomfortably bloated for two days.
>>
>>27366388
>That's why people toss shots down in a gulp without tasting them (and still grimace afterwards).
>and still grimace afterwards
Kek if you're a pussy or a woman, sure. That being said, you can mix a drink and it'll usually get more bearable. You can look up mixed drinks on the internet if you want but if you're lazy like me just go by the rule of most fruit juices (and by extension fruit sodas) will go well with clear alcohol and most colas will go well with dark alcohol. When I first started drinking I found that cranberry juice was strong enough to completely get rid of the taste of cheap vodka and if you're drinking alone you really don't have to worry about people making fun of you for drinking something that might be considered girly.
>>
File: sangria_lg.jpg (126 KB, 616x462) Image search: [Google]
sangria_lg.jpg
126 KB, 616x462
>>27366119
>Get sangria, mix with orange juice.
why. Proper sangria tastes great and has a great kick.
>>
>>27366053

Try mixing dark liquors with dark sodas first. You'll figure it out.
>>
>>27366091
Wine is an aqcuired taste too.
Beer is easiest to like.

You start drinking to get drunk and after a while you get used to whatever you drink a lot of.
>>
>>27366558
Mountain Dew and Vodka.
>>
Hello fellow robot... i too didnt taste alcohol until 24... now i am a bartender.... i know names and types of liquers but very rarer drink.... my advice is maybe pineapple juice with vodka... lots of pineapple juice. Anys ive tasted higher end stuff like louis 13 and taste same. I dont like beer or anything... im in the wrong business completely but now i make enough money to live on my own. Catch 22
>>
I never considered liquor to be "gross". Hard to take, yeah, like a strong chemical, but not disgusting.

Wine is pretty unpleasant, especially white wine. I can tolerate red.

It took me three beers to like beer.
>>
>mixed drink
would rather have three sips that outright hurt than twenty sips that each make me gag
>>
>>27367083
>Wine is pretty unpleasant, especially white wine. I can tolerate red.
I fucking hate white wine with a passion, but a nice red is really unique on the palate in a good way in my opinion. Whites just lack a deep flavor most of the time.
>>27367094
If you mix a decent drink it shouldn't make you gag.
>>
Take a shit ton of orange juice and put in a little vodka. If it still tastes like shit add sugar and drink up. Soon you'll be drowning your sorrows like everyone else.
>>
Ignore all these faggots.

What you do is get some grain alcohol, put a tampon in the bottle to soak it, then shove it up your ass and let your butt do the rest for you.
>>
Getting drunk isn't worth it anon, don't let these fools tell you that it's good because it's absolutely not. You have to understand that most people who condone the alcoholic life are the kind of people who are doing it to add a layer to their personality which they think is cool for some reason, they might have seen a film or something where some mysterious loner enjoyed being a drunk and being a lame ass robot they think it will make them interesting. It doesn't.
>>
OP i hated alcohol at first but after a while and after finding stuff i enjoy drinking it became one of my favourite past times. It just completely suppresses all your emotions and just makes you feel liberated in emptyness. Its fuckijg great.
>>
>>27367123
No, I drink because it makes me happy.

If I could live my entire life feeling like the first 15 minutes of being drunk, I would be the king of earth.
>>
>>27367135
You'd be king of earth and also an idiot because drunk people act foolish and inappropriate. You'd be a fool all of the time if were you drunk your entire life.
>>
>>27367123
I drink because my life is fucking empty and alcohol is easy as fuck to get
>>
>>27367123
Implying us robots that drink go outside of our rooms. I drink because it makes me feel happy for a short time. Makes me forgot all the loneliness and misery in my life.
>>
>>27366323
This is false, all though it is however, logical. Ethanol reacts with the water in the cells of your digestive system, forming bonds in a chemical reaction. this reaction is exothermic as in it creates heat, subsequently where the burning feeling comes from
>>
File: 1384758514049.png (91 KB, 286x305) Image search: [Google]
1384758514049.png
91 KB, 286x305
>>27367123

Actually, I'm pretty sure people here drink because their life sucks and alcohol makes you feel very, very good for a short period of time.
>>
File: image.png (82 KB, 848x776) Image search: [Google]
image.png
82 KB, 848x776
When you hate yourself and the past so much, you don't really give a shit about the taste of alcohol
>>
>>27367123
>You have to understand that most people who condone the alcoholic life are the kind of people who are doing it to add a layer to their personality which they think is cool for some reason
And where did you get this information from? I'm pretty sure most of us drink because sitting in all day can get boring and alcohol is a great cure for that.
>>
Robots shouldn't drink.
If you're a robot, you probably had childhood trauma.
If you had childhood trauma, you're highly susceptible to addiction--as in, it's as predictive of addiction as obesity is of a heart attack.
>>
>>27367154
No, I'm extremely reserved normally, and drinking dulls my inhibitions just enough to make me normal, at least for the first 15 minutes.

Then I either drink too much and become a fool, or I let it wear off and I get depressed and tired.

But for 15 minutes, I'm the best person I've ever been.
>>
>>27367196
Literally everyone except my step father and mother are alcoholics in my family. Family parties, my uncles and aunts would all be in the garage smoking/drinking. They would bring me in there with them at age 11 and have me try different types of alcohol. I knew I was doomed to be an alcoholic from then.
>>
>>27367196
Define childhood trauma.
>>
Op if you want a really good alcoholic drink, go to a local restaurant chain that serves alcohol and order whatever cocktail looks tasty
Boston Pizza has pretty good bar staff, you literally can't taste the alcohol in their drinks
Source: I'm a pussy when it comes to alcohol(except beer, ill kill a 24 in a night)
>>
>>27367181
>>27367171
Oh really, then how come the first replies were people calling OP a normie or a faggot for not being "cool" enough for the alcoholic lifestyle. If it's just a personal thing for y'all why act like such a dick to OP for asking a simple question.

>impying being a drunk is a prerequisite for being a robot
>>
>>27367259
acestudy.org
>>
>>27366360
Depends on individuals. When i smoke weed, I become really anxious, my heart starts beating really fast and I have paranoid thoughts. I'm perfectly normal when I'm sober, so I can't even say it's exacerbating a condition I already have.
>>
>>27367268
Those were probably the Chads that lurk here to boost their shallow ego.
>>
Alcohol is a depressant.
>>
>>27367203
>But for 15 minutes, I'm the best person I've ever been.
You just gotta find a way to keep a nice healthy buzz going. Don't try and get drunk, try and get "drunk enough" and then keep having a beer at least every twenty minutes and you shouldn't sober up for long enough.
>>27367266
>go to a local restaurant chain that serves alcohol and order whatever cocktail looks tasty
You could also do this but (1) it would require going outside and (2) it's much cheaper to just buy your own alcohol and experiment with ideas from the internet until you find something you like.
>>
I has sprite and Smirnoff before and it was comfy
>>
>>27366267
This is what nu-male hipsters do

Fuck off
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>27367307
My go to is a fourroses whiskey sour. I also enjoy a Ten High old fashioned. It works out to like $2 per whiskey sour and $0.70 per old fashioned. Four Roses is like $18 a bottle here and Ten High is $9. Both are pretty good neat but I prefer to mix.
>>
>>27367304
That's like saying you should never go to restaurants because its cheaper to make your own food
Sure mixing your own drinks are cheaper but a drink from someone who makes them from a living is fuckin delicious
They have access to the best tools and ingredients
>>
File: __(4).png (51 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
__(4).png
51 KB, 240x232
>22
>Slavic
>hate alcohol
>going holiday to Europe soon and going to Serbia / Macedonia
>families going to be forcing me to drink
>>
>>27367304
Where do u live that u don't have to go outside to buy alcohol?
>>
>>27367442
No, because usually going out to a restaurant means a lot less work on you (you don't have to cook or clean, which can be massive time consumers) and getting good at cooking takes a lot longer than getting good at mixing drinks. The reason so many talentless girls that failed in every other avenue of life is because learning the basic ideas of ratios to make good mixed drinks with is pretty easy.
>>27367492
You know what I mean, you get to spend reasonable less time outside if all you do is buy your own alcohol instead of sitting in restaurants/bars for however long.
>>
>>27367451
>>Slavic

Are you sure?
>>
>>27367492
I get mine shipped to my door.
>>
Drink beer, you might like Angry Orchard or Shiner
>>
tbqh pham
I hold my breathe
whoever the fuck enjoys the taste is a faggot.
Only until after the liquor has gone down could I taste the true notes of the drink. Besides all liquor is gonna taste like ass in your mouth, its why you take it like a shot, fast and painless. The less time you have it Sitting on your tongue the better.
>>
>>27367508
probably a crypto-mongol
>>
File: 1458452641923.jpg (657 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458452641923.jpg
657 KB, 1200x1200
>>27367551
>Holding your breathe
>Calling others faggots
That's what you do when you're 5 years old and mom has to give you cough syrup. Fuckin hell.
>>
File: DSC_0419.jpg (382 KB, 1600x1599) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0419.jpg
382 KB, 1600x1599
Get Baileys or any other irish creams they are orgasmic.

Thank me later
>>
>>27367585
>i enjoy the taste of liquid smegma hur dur

who the fuck willingly wants to make themselves suffer by not only taking a shot but tasting it and cringing out for 30 seconds over it? Not me fuck boy. Best believe I hold my breathe faggot.
>>
File: aUkD75z.png (146 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
aUkD75z.png
146 KB, 1100x1100
>>27367508
Yeah I'm sure you dumb nigger, wont drink even there. I didn't get /fit/ for nothing.
>>
>>27366053
I despise the taste of alcohol, always have. Thankfully, I take MAOIs, so at least I have a good excuse for not drinking it.
>>
>>27367607
>smegma
nigger what

At worst, liquor tastes like chemicals. it doesn't have a pungent taste.
>>
File: quote_scwarzenegger.jpg (36 KB, 770x554) Image search: [Google]
quote_scwarzenegger.jpg
36 KB, 770x554
>>27367611
You must not lift heavy enough.
>>
>>27367639
>when DYEL manlets think they know about lifting
>>
File: 1458450821340.png (87 KB, 246x248) Image search: [Google]
1458450821340.png
87 KB, 246x248
>>27367607
>Knowing what smegma tastes likes
Lel
That's what chasers are for or mixing it, you look like a big fag holding your nose over a little burn
>>
File: 1415869382419.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1415869382419.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>27367677
Bet I'm bigger than you.
>>
>>27367399
>enjoying the taste of a beverage is a numale thing
nice meme
>>
>>27366068
>drink the lightest alcoholic beverage ya pussy

Beer is pleb tier.
>>
big retarded pussy.

its poison you dumb faggot jesus christ . it tastes horrible and thats what you are supposed to enjoy.

thats what wrong with so many of you people just enjoy the bad more . its all you ever gonna get.

and you even get something for suffering the bad. a nice feeeling and brain damage and all kinds of dumb adventures.

drink you faggot . drink like a fucking man
>>
>>27366091
Maybe you should have started with carbonated grape soda aka champagne.
>>
>>27367094
You don't have to sip the mixed drink. If you chug half of the glass it will still only be as disgusting as sipping if you hate the drink.

You could mix it weaker or try another combination. The popular and well known ones are usually popular for a reason. Gin and tonic for example is very simple and is one of the easiest to like if you don't like alcohol in my opinion
>>
>>27367725
Congrats on 6 months of lifting manlet
>>
File: 1422140489813.jpg (47 KB, 260x400) Image search: [Google]
1422140489813.jpg
47 KB, 260x400
>>27368122

>beer is pleb tier.

pls kys my man
>>
and dont mix .

i will teach you how to drink . right now listen and learn .
beer or wine for a buzz
if you wanna get hammered you do shots .
allways count the shots . allways count them and know your limit dont make an ass out of yourself being dumb and drunk in public . or do it but still count your shots . it will work better in the long run .
have a nice soda chaser or chase with beer like a real man .
>>
>>27368195
I drink beer to get hammered every time.
I just drink it fast enough.
>>
>>27367725
You're bigger than your average ramen eating anime watching robot but you're not nearly big enough to be flexing in pictures I literally cringed
>>
>>27366053
i dont drink alcohol for the taste friend
that is the secret
>>
File: 125 - idSAwHq.jpg (11 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
125 - idSAwHq.jpg
11 KB, 600x434
>>27368200
alll that fucking pissing and drinking .

its just tooo much work for me
>>
>>27367442
There's a very large difference in the skill and effort it takes to make a good meal and the skill and effort it takes to make a good drink.

I don't always drink at home but the only good reason to go out and do it is to be social.
Sure taking a small amount of drinks in a bar doesn't matter but it gets really fucking expensive to just drink that for a whole night.
>>
File: 1453255363625.jpg (105 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1453255363625.jpg
105 KB, 1024x768
>>27368220

but it tastes great AND it gets you smashed! Can't ask for a better deal than that.

>tfw alcoholic
>>
>>27366053
>shit nigga what am I doing
In order from most like-able to least like-able for a beginner:
cocktails, you fag
champagne/sweet white wine
beer, try raddler if you feel extra faggy
sweet red wine
low % liquors
dry wines
hard spirits

Some more general knowledge:
It's normal to just like beer, and drink hard spirits after you get semi-drunk.
Anyone claiming they're an expert on hard spirits is a retard.
Pretentious people, and older ones will prefer wine over beer, people like pretending to taste the wine and make bullshit claims about it.

>Is getting drunk even worth it
Do you want the pain to go away for a while?
>>
File: fuckyeah.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
fuckyeah.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>27368220
Yeah beer is my favorite form of alcohol but that blows. After my 4th or so I'm just pissing out a full bladder every 20 mins while taking huge gulps but at the same time having to make sure I don't overfill my stomach and boot everywhere.

The happy drunk feeling lasts longer with beer for me though.

>>27368262
Do you drink daily? I would be an every day alcoholic but if I drink beer every day for a week my tolerance skyrockets and I can drink like 15 and still not reach the level of inebriation I'm aiming for. That and it gets hella expensive buying 30 racks every other day.
>>
File: J-MXHasuEec.jpg (59 KB, 604x283) Image search: [Google]
J-MXHasuEec.jpg
59 KB, 604x283
>drinking alcohol

what a fucking loser
>>
Weed makes you feel better anyway. You will never have psychedelic experiences such as feeling music while drinking alcohol.
>>
File: 1424122498774.jpg (49 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
1424122498774.jpg
49 KB, 469x463
>>27368320

>straight-edge

*tips fedora*
>>
>>27368354
Music is really, really nice with alcohol.
I like weed a lot too but i might even prefer drunk music to high music.
>>
>>27368364
Are you by a chance american?
>>
>>27366264
>red wine hangover
It's the same chemicals that are making you drunk and the same dehydration that's making you hungover.

Nothing to do with what alcoholic beverages you consume aside from alcohol concentration.
t. Teetotaller
>>
>>27367094
On the topic of gagging. I once mixed Buffalo Trace with hot coffee. Finished it like a champ but seriously considered tossing it down the drain after each gulp.

Would not recommend unless you want to puke.
>>
>>27368220
I mostly do it because beer is the cheapest way to get drunk where i live.
>>
>>27367114
Your ass must be well used if a wet tampon can pass through.
>>
>>27367011
The original mountain dew was meant to be a mixer for whiskey
>>
>>27368407
Alcohol is a lot more than dehydration, it's all kinds of stuff and the different chemicals can have an effect.
The fermentation creates a lot of different chemicals that are nastier than ethanol.
In beer there might be less because the yeast works best in lower alcohol concentration and might ferment the drink cleaner. In hard liqour they have usually removed as much as possible of all other chemicals.
>>
>>27367585
Holding your breath prevents olfactory taste. It's well known that more flavor comes from the smell of whatever's in your mouth going through the throat into the nose, it's called olfaction.
>>
>>27366120
most normal thing there
>>
>>27366053
Yes you are that big of a pussy. Most normal and pathetic thing you did there, also by telling us here.

If you don't experience what it takes do drink alcohol you should not touch it. Get rid of all your drinks and keep on doing your own stuff. You do not necessarily need to do it in life.

>if you want to be a drunk, then drink and dont come here and wine about shit faggot
>>
Beer is drinkable but everything else is shit. Vine is like vinegar-lite. And hard alcohol is like poison.

I suspect normie culture focuses on the effects alcohol has, than the actual taste of it. "Everything is prettier after a few drinks."
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.