[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Neet for 8 years and received my first jury summons in the mail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_m6ymhdhJ6S1r3rttno1_250.gif (78 KB, 182x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6ymhdhJ6S1r3rttno1_250.gif
78 KB, 182x250
Neet for 8 years and received my first jury summons in the mail today. What do I do?
>>
File: 1449534634810.png (109 KB, 444x444) Image search: [Google]
1449534634810.png
109 KB, 444x444
just go, they'll take 1 look at your stinky weeb ass and you'll be one of the first ones released
>>
>>27365584
You go to where the paper tells you, ask where jury attendees are supposed to be at, check in, and literally sit there for hours until they call your name.

Once they call your name, you get taken to a court room, they tell you the nature of the case, and give each juror a chance to give a reason why they can't attend that particular case.

They are usually pretty sympathetic to students, so you could say you have a really important midterm coming up or something. Supposing you do get excused, you get sent back to the waiting area you were in originally and wait for them to maybe call your name again.

I'm actually not sure what happens if you do get selected though as I've never been selected personally. I would recommend being consistent with your reason for nonattendance. I doubt they crosscheck, but better safe than sorry. For what it's worth, I was never asked for any proof of enrollment in any school when I said I had a midterm.

I would also recommend getting there early if you can to stake out a spot. The juror waiting room at my courthouse was really fucking small and normies took all the seats next to outlets and all of the desks so I had to sit on the floor inbetween calls a few times.
>>
If it's a shitskin then he's guilty.
>>
>>27365679
When I went everyone just sat in the waiting room the whole time and people were getting released in groups to go home. I mean they send the summons to hundreds of people per day and only really need a handful of those people so you're way more likely to not be part of an actual jury
>>
Two words

Jury nullification

Just mention these words and you'll never serve jury duty.
>>
As a fellow anxious-neet, I think you should do it. It's a novel experience, right?
>>
I went and the lawyers asked us if we would be bias or whatever. I said yes and I was excused. Just sat in the main hall until 5pm until they handed out proof of jury duty slips and that was it. Didn't have to do anything and no jury duty for at least 7 years.
>>
Whatever you do don't ignore it. I got one and ignored it and a fucking sheriff deputy came to my house and asked me why I didn't show up. I spilled my spaghetti and made some shitty excuse and he basically called me a dumbass and told me not to shirk it again.
>>
>>27366226
>I said yes and I was excused
lol
>>
>>27365584
Did they send it registered mail?

You never got it. Just stick to that story. They have no record of the delivery, and the Post Office loses things all the time.
>>
>>27366234
>dumbass
Yes, because it's a criminal offense.
2k fine + 6 months jail vs getting paid to sit in a room for a few days, if they even need you. Nowadays they usually call you each day to see if they'll actually need you.
>>
op here, can't talk to people irl at all, never go out or anything.

that's the issue

have a driver's license because it's a necessity here, only active public thing it could have been pulled from
>>
Do you have anything better to do? It might be fun to learn some things about the court system.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.