[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>history major in sophomore year >it finally hit me today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1433901289657.jpg (22 KB, 235x250) Image search: [Google]
1433901289657.jpg
22 KB, 235x250
>history major in sophomore year
>it finally hit me today that if I continue down this path I will have literally zero job opportunities
>even if I could find a job, I don't want to be a fucking teacher
>and I'm getting really tired of writing monotonous history papers and citing shit
>want to change my major but I'm not good at anything else and changing would set me behind a year in credits
>I'm a retard when it comes to most math
>withdrew from pre-calc course in my freshman year because I was going to fail and got a B in a piss-easy stats class
>if I change to CS like many robots, I would get absolutely BTFO by the required math courses and I'm not that creative to begin with so my coding would be boring
>kind of want to do something STEM but not that bad like Geology or something, but even then the math worries me

Put me on suicide watch, lads
>>
bumping lads 2bh
>>
p-plz respond fampai
>>
>>27365264
>>27365604

>fampai

Stupid inbreed retard detected
>>
>le science
>le jobs
>le bills
Back to biddit you actual wagecuck.
>>
>i dont want to work hard and learn math
dumb jampai. stay in history. there are enough cucks in stem as it is.
>>
Similar situation, but I would to be a STEM major anyway, they suck ass. I'm worried about career paths but I do want to learn about stuff I actually like
>>
>>27365264
Grad school or the military, man. If you're great at research and decent at social interaction, then you could become a lawyer.
>>
>>27365935
who the fuck wants to be a lawyer?
>>
Continue with history or change it to political science or financial economics. They are good as pre law.
And if you don't want to do law school, financial economics is lucrative if you get certificates later down the road, and the math is algebra.
>>
>>27365947
Someone who wants to make bank.
>>
>>27365264
Archaeology?
>>
>>27365947
Greedy people or hopelessly idealistic people (public defenders).
>>
>>27365925
would hate to be a STEM major*
>>
>>27365264
I realized the same thing 3 years into an IR degree when I decided that law scho wasn't for me. I'm just going to join the Navy and go the naval nuke route, then get a decent job at a power plant after that.
>>
File: itsbrian.jpg (15 KB, 170x180) Image search: [Google]
itsbrian.jpg
15 KB, 170x180
>>27365935
>and decent at social interaction
Not OP, but I also have a useless major and going into law would be really interesting to me if I wasn't so terrible at social interaction
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.