[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Life is just a never ending merry go round of suffering, rejection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (995 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
995 KB, 1920x1080
Life is just a never ending merry go round of suffering, rejection and inadequacy.
There is no respite, there is no escape.
Nothing I do will ever be good enough and i'm left to wallow in defeat, forced to watch my peers succeed and the friends i once held dear to be taken from me by force of their own sexual impulses.
I am left in the dirt in favor of chads and stacies.
I am forever unloved, forever insufficient.
>>
You need something to pour your heart into. Whether it's writing, art, coding, game design, music, etc. People like us aren't meant to play the normie social hour game.
>>
>>27365103
I've been getting into poetry
But it pains my heart to be at such a low level of skill and i feel like every rhyme i write has been written before and better.
>>
>>27365050

>>>/yourshittyblog/
>>
>>27365116
literally everything known to man has been done before. it's up to you to make something unknown, and be the first to do it
>>
>>27365129
Thank you for being so supportive, anon.
Why don't you share what's got you down and out?
>>
>>27365050
> 5050
> 50/50
About the odds of me killing myself every other day.
Been one hell of a gamble
>>
>>27365116
Seems like the best aspect of poetry is that it's far easier to share than a story. Also you can generally do a poem in a single day. Maybe if you shared your poetry you'd find people who like it and get better over time?

My stepsister puts her poetry on instagram. Not that I'd particularly recommend that. A writing site seems better.
>>
>>27365197
I guess if i don't start making a fool of myself, i'll never be able to not make a fool of myself, if that makes sense.
It's tricky to find an audience
>>
>>27365285
If you post on forums then people will eventually see it. I think it's worth trying. The chance that people will like at least some of what you do could be very encouraging.

Here is an example of someone posting one of their poems.

http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2075382-The-Abyss
>>
>>27365103

Obviously not OP, but I don't get how people can pour their hearts into things. I've seen it, obviously, but the I just don't get it.

I am completely incapable of passion, and in it's place is manic obsession. I'm 27, so I've had a long time to reflect on this shit. If I get into something, like a game, I will obsess over it, sinking nearly all my non working/school hours into it. This also encroaches into sleep territory. However unlike someone passionate about their game, I will never get particularly good at it. I just play it and play it and play it until its not even fun anymore, yet I'm still playing.

How can someone just dedicate so much time and effort into a drawing and do it with such detail? How can people write a whole book, let alone a series? How can someone practice enough to play an instrument so well?

Passion is lost to me.
>>
>>27365050
So improve yourself. Chicks want to have babies, not date them
>>
>>27365103
My heart is a dry rock.
>>
>>27365539
Nearly always a woman is involved as inspiration.
That is the case for me and that has been the case for artists throughout history.
Find a girl and obsess over her, the impulse to pursue chad activities will come naturally
>>
>>27365569
I will do my best, anon!
I will strive to do nothing more than improve myself, physically and mentally.

it's just that i'm intimidated by all the men who already made it, and take up 100% of the attention of all the girls i know.
>>
>>27365614
Don't think about men. That's gay. You're trying to date women.
>>
>>27365667
i will work hard until i can walk by shirtless and girls will actually turn their heads to see me!
No one can stop us nigga we on dis self improvement shit now!
Boi we bout to shot on chad and everything he's taken from us!
>>
>>27365583

Hasn't happened yet, and I sincerely doubt it will. Among other things, my self-esteem is so low, that I can't fathom a woman being interested in me. Why would I spend countless hours trying to impress something I'll never have?

Perfect example. Last semester in chemistry, there was a girl who I spent most of the semester with as my lab partner. She was cute, down to earth, plain in a very good way, and had little quirks I liked. We studied together, went over reports with each other, did labs together, and all that jazz.

There's a good chance that I could have asked her out, but I didn't because it just wasn't a thing I thought possible. I thought about her a lot, and still do because I'm a dreamer. Like all things, there was no passion. I barely passed that class with a 70% because I couldn't put the effort into it. Even beyond her, I enjoyed the class. Hell, I was one of the 3 people left at the end that took their final, but there was no passion.

It's like I'm playing a trial game of life, where the Max level for shit is 100, but I can only at until level 10.
>>
>>27365793
Aight then do some cocaine, i don't know what to tell you.
If you can't get passion out of yourself, snort it up in powdered form.
>>
>>27365820

Don't feel bad. No one has been able to help.

Cocaine isn't going to help shit, and there's a good chance I'll wind up ODing because again, I get obsessive and I have an addictive personality.

I also don't have that kind of money.
>>
>>27365850
Listen man.
I'm sorry i'm useless
I wish you the best, and if you read this, know that someday someone or something, however small is going to spark that inspiration and passion in you, you just have to keep looking.
>>
>>27365892

I wish I could believe that, and part of me wants to believe. The other parts, however, know better. What spark could ignite a void?

Again, don't feel sorry. It's not your fault, and you did nothing wrong.
>>
>>27366018
I'm rooting for you, fampai
>>
>>27366057

Why? What's there to root for?
>>
>>27365539
find out what causes passion in the human brain, which neurons gives off which chemical

and then find out why you are compltely devoid of that chemical

that's my suggestion.
the best way to get rid of a problem like that is to compltely dig deep into the root and find out what caused it and research on how to fix it.
>>
>>27365539
My thing is story writing. But I imagine this applies more or less to any art form you attempt.

Here is what you do. You keep doing it until you like some of what you've done. I used to never try to write because I thought it'd be worthless. Finally I pushed myself to write. That story ended up being 34 chapters. It's too much of a mess to fix, especially the early parts, but I got better while writing. I also realized I could write things that I enjoyed. I could get satisfaction from writing.

Here is a quote from C.S. Lewis. I agree with it because I like the idea of bringing more of what I like into the world.

Lewis [to Tolkien:] "There is too little of that we really like in stories. ... We shall have to try and write some ourselves."
>>
>>27366231

I get that philosophy. I do. I shouldn't even call it a philosophy because it's a fact. Do something long enough and you get good at it. The problem I have is that everything becomes a chore, and the will to do it vanishes.

For example, I've been"playing" bass for like 8 years now, maybe longer, I don't remember. I can quickly pick up on how a song is played by using tabs (which are frequently wrong to some degree) and listing to it. I'll practice for maybe an hour a few days that week, and then never touch it again. Sometimes I wonder why I even bought the one I have. I have picked it up maybe 10 times in the past 2 years. Even when I would practice regularly, there was never any real improvement. I just sort of flatlined like I hit my trial cap.

Meanwhile, one of my brothers (all younger) practiced bass and guitar daily for a long time and is really good and can play drums, another taught himself how to play the piano and a little guitar, and then there's my oldest younger brother who put so much effort into playing drums that it was crazy how good he was.

They had a passion I never had. I was just along for the ride because I thought I should be there.
>>
>>27366552
Do you think maybe playing bass isn't your true passion? Or maybe it's because you're doing it on your own?

Not an expert but it seems like music is more a group activity or at least something that people get satisfaction in by sharing with others.
>>
>>27366637

It's it most certainly not my true passion because my true passion doesn't exist.

That being said, I mostly enjoy playing it, but never managed to get anywhere with it. I played a few times with the family and a few times with a neighbor who played guitar. It was all self taught because I could never afford lessons, but even if I had outside help/lessons, it wouldn't change anything. I know this from personal experience when I got guitar lessons when I was younger.

It's mostly a group activity, sure. Sharing it with others, sure. When I came right down to it, I had nothing to share because I was really just sort of mediocre.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.