[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do to help stave off the urge to cash out early?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: tfw1457843018372.png (306 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tfw1457843018372.png
306 KB, 633x758
What do you do to help stave off the urge to cash out early? I'll be surprised if I make it to my next birthday.
>>
tfw no urges
>>
File: Lancer.jpg (91 KB, 895x829) Image search: [Google]
Lancer.jpg
91 KB, 895x829
>>27364001
it truly is about variety

simply rise early on the morrow, and walk around town with naught but your thoughts, and watch the sun rise and the other humans wake and the moon fade from the newly brightened sky and you will realize that you are not as awful as you believe, and people are not as awful as you believe, and remember that we must be here for a purpose, some goal to achieve, and there have been millions here before us and there will be millions after and you are a part of all the interconnected beauty of the earth and the stars simply by existing

you must make a future for yourself, without the things you feel that you want, because materialism is the death of all things, the final phase of men and empires. rise above the sadness you wallow in, the sadness that pervades your existence because you don't have the things you think you want

what you have not has not killed you yet
do not allow it to be your end
>>
It would be embarrassing to lose a fight against myself
>>
>>27364001
I don't have suicidal thoughts. I just don't.
>>
>>27364136
The ironic bit is that without a car, I can't make it to work. I can't make it to work, I can't pay bills. I can't pay bills, I'll be homeless a second time...except with not even a car to sleep in anymore.

I realize that some people are meant for greatness and happiness but I don't think I'm one of them. Blood relatives tossed me to the wind as soon as they got their shit together, I've no fortune or fantastic skills that will help me because certifications are still required, my associate's doesn't matter, and I work for virtual peanuts.

It's not about some "mfwnogf". It's about not even being able to do what anyone else could do if they had support or anything resembling connections.
>>
>>27364136
I like this mindset but it's so hard to put into practice
>>
>>27364215
sir, i believe you are missing my point. the things you do not have- they are simply social constructs. not social constructs in the slang sense, that they are made to oppress- but in the sense that they do not matter if one looks at them from other perspectives. cars did not exist a little over one hundred years ago. men walked and rode. if you truly believe you must die, do not die without a fight. if you truly want to leave it all behind, this existence, death is not the answer. take your own two feet, a bag of your closest items, walk into the sunset, and make a future for yourself. it is a path that leads to humbling of the soul and greatness of the spirit. it is not an easy road, but it is a road that will lead you to fortitude. and for a man with nothing, as you claim to be- what is there to lose?
>>
>>27364318
man man MAN I love the way you think in an ideal sense
but what I can't understand is what you think there is to be found here
what do you think death is?
>>
>>27364318
death is a fact of life. it is not a positive or a negative experience, it is what you make of it. death, however, is the root of all fear. when i watch the souls here cry out in fear and exclaim all their pity, they say things like, "i cannot find the beautiful woman that loves me." or "i cannot provide for myself." or "i have lost the will to fight." the first two link back to our root fear- death. they do not want to die without a partner, alone. they do not want to end this existence without feeling that they have accomplished something, provided for someone. they wish to give up, but somehow have held on long enough to tell others. death is something i do not know, but it is an end. no man should end without trying to accomplish something to his best end. it is in the human soul to strive for greatness. if he chooses to quit, he has denied himself his humanity. it is not a religious, moral, or sympathetic thought process that drives me. it is the thought of a man, somewhere, cold and alone, who never found the greatness he had inside himself that drives me to madness. it is his duty to himself, to bring himself honor before he inevitably passes, to be able to stand before whatever higher power truly exists, and say- "i had the strength to exist."
>>
>>27364001
think back before all of this shit
what brought you joy?
what felt like home to you?
what was it you knew you wanted to get gud at?
return to the present now.
what do you envy?
>>
>>27364136
I hate people who use 4chan as a creative outlet. Laziest assholes on the planet.
>>
>>27364136
Get the fuck out of here with that gay shit
>>
>>27364745
>>27364704
to insult a man who you know not under the mask of anonymity- there is truly no more cowardice and shame than this. anonymity is a gift. it allows us to interact with one another without fear of shame in our daily lives. it is cathartic.

hatred is cathartic as well, in a sense- but that passion is best saved to be used as fuel for motivation. it would serve you better to be angry at the world, to use that disdain to better yourself and become a man who can survive the days with fire in his heart and readiness in his mind, than to waste that energy simply to tell an anonymous soul that you do not enjoy reading about his philosophy on life and inspiration. you always have the choice not to read the words i have written. if they displease you, you have the choice to hide them, to ignore them, to disagree with them.
>>
>>27364845
lesser minds mock what they cannot etc. etc.
you know the rest.
>>
>>27364614
>>>27364001 (OP) (You)
>think back before all of this shit
>what brought you joy?
Playing vidya. Chilling. Enjoying my days off and lax job. Watching bad 80s anime with qt friend.

>what felt like home to you?
Haven't had one since I was first homeless. I guess my apartment room.

>what was it you knew you wanted to get gud at?
IT. I pass this semester and I'll have a certificate.

>return to the present now.
>what do you envy?
I envy that then I had peace of mind when I don't now.
>>
>>27364845
get the fuck out of here with that gay shit
>>
>>27364883
while i admire your support, i must say that no mind is lesser. we all have different degrees of understanding. certainly from a scientific standpoint, there is "intelligence," but there is no greater giver of knowledge than experience. a peasant, a scholar, a farmer, a housewife, an engineer, a priest, a soldier, a shitposter- regardless of their race, genetic differences, sex- they can all learn. they may be better at learning certain things, better at understanding certain concepts, but they are all intelligent in their own way.

i do not shame these men that mock me, for i understand that they are likely struggling with their own hardships, and in any sort of forum like this, those bitter souls yet to find their purpose are likely to attack anyone that they disagree with with vigor and vitriol. one day, they will become men, and will decide for themselves that their intelligence is wasted by facelessly mocking others. i trust that they will grow in time.
>>
>>27364845
Don Quixote was supposed to be a caricature family
>>
I focus on writing. I also fap.
>>
File: Confederacy_of_dunces_cover.jpg (85 KB, 295x453) Image search: [Google]
Confederacy_of_dunces_cover.jpg
85 KB, 295x453
>>27365091
Ingatius?
>>
File: 1453498160322.jpg (31 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1453498160322.jpg
31 KB, 403x403
>>27364845
You are not P.G. Wodehouse, stop typing like a fucking sperg.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.