[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start uni four months ago >passionate about degree program,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: CBASJ5WUYAA5vfA.jpg (31 KB, 499x335) Image search: [Google]
CBASJ5WUYAA5vfA.jpg
31 KB, 499x335
>start uni four months ago
>passionate about degree program, experienced with subject
>straight A's/B's
>recent course might end with a C, or even worse a D+
>fucking blemish on my transcript

unifags did you end up getting a good job out of school even if you had to limp your way through one or two classes? i'm so worried, I have at least a B self-standard and this feels embarrassing. Makes me worry a lot.
>>
are you dumb?
nobody fucking cares about your gpa honestly, the world is run on nepotism college is a joke
>>
I finished school a few months ago with a shit tier cumulative GPA (3.1) but a decent major GPA (3.7).
To give you an idea of how that worked out for me, I'm currently wagekeking for $15 an hour in a warehouse.

I have had some people call/email me for interviews because they found my resume on some generic job site I posted it to but I'm too scared of being judged as a failure and a fuckup that I pretend I didn't see the email/voicemail and instantly delete it.
>>
No one cares about your GPA after a year or so of being out.

They care about what school you went to, and any relevant experience you have in the field.

I graduated with a 2.something, didn't even bother to check, and now I'm working my dream job for $27/hour. Not the greatest, but fuck it, I'm doing what I love and getting paid for it.
>>
>>27363750
I don't give a fuck about what grades I get as long as I pass, you should follow my example
>>
>>27363906
this
experience is a bitch to get but means everything
>>
>passionate about your degree program
>get a D

Are you just retarded or what? Is it something really hard?

I didn't give a fuck about my degree and never fucked up that badly. In fact, I hated it.
>>
>>27363906
tfw college drop out making 34$ an hour as an entry level position at a fortune 500 company
ez life
>>
>>27363750
If you're doing engineering, they care more about your internships and experience than a 4.0. Just keep it above 3.0 and you should be fine desu
>>
>>27363974
There was a lot of reference material not handed out directly in class and so this one guide on how to do assignments step by step I never actually had, managed to pass though.

You do it if you're so goddamn smart.
>>
>>27363750
Don't worry. Do extremely well in the important classes (ie the hard classes and the final year classes in your major) and your transcript will still look great.

I'm a good example of this. I failed four classes outside my major (and failed BADLY, I got 33% in one) but I did very very well in all the third and fourth year classes in my major (all A and A+). I got a job as soon as I graduated this year and I got into both graduate school programs I applied to with $20k in funding. Nothing to worry about!
>>
File: 1458055178766.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1837) Image search: [Google]
1458055178766.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1837
>>27364259
you've eased a wounded soul anon
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.