[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Collecting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 12
File: yugiohboxes.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
yugiohboxes.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Do you guys collect anything?

I started collecting old Yu-Gi-Oh stuff recently, opening up two boxes tonight. Power of the Guardian and Champion of Black Magic, both Jap OCG from 2002. Opening packs is pretty comfy.
>>
I collect and compulsively name images of celebrities I like, male and female. I masturbate the female ones and have elaborate fantasies about them. I really enjoy collecting them, but rarely save more than one from the same "set", as then it feels more like hoarding than collecting the best of the best.
>>
I collect friends
>>
File: ddwarriorlady.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
ddwarriorlady.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>27362282
How big is your collection? I've been trying to think of something I can collect digitally for when I don't have money for cards.

Pic Related is close of of D.D. Warrior Lady I pulled in the first pack of Power of the Guardian
>>
File: tom-waits.jpg (197 KB, 544x796) Image search: [Google]
tom-waits.jpg
197 KB, 544x796
>>27362347
2.98 GB as of right now, not sure how many actual photos. I would recommend it, it's pretty fun.

I used to collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards too when I was a kid. Well, not really collect as an adult would, but compulsively search for my favorite looking ones and preserve them and arrange them as best I could. That's a really nice looking card there.

This picture is from my Name Backlog- all my new pictures I throw in a backlog folder for observation and accurate/comical naming. I like this picture though, so I'll post it even without a custom name.
>>
Fountain pens, got about 5 of them

>tfw the better ones are expensive as shit
>wagecuck making 12.50 and hour

more than $20 is a bit too much for a pen for me
>>
File: dmg.jpg (266 KB, 560x785) Image search: [Google]
dmg.jpg
266 KB, 560x785
>>27362410
Pretty impressive, how long has that taken?

The first thing that came to mind for a digital collection was to pick a random user from a random website and basically doxx them for fun and keep a collection of the most interesting people.

Tom Waits is great, I've been listening to him for a few years now. Martha is my favorite song, along with Clap Hands.

And yeah, I played Yu-Gi-Oh when I was a kid, but now it's just for collection purposes. The nostalgia is nice.
>>
File: dd.jpg (69 KB, 702x432) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
69 KB, 702x432
Collecting yugioh cards is too expensive for me, but I love the game so I can only afford a digital collection.
>>
File: tom-waits_539730.jpg (18 KB, 345x441) Image search: [Google]
tom-waits_539730.jpg
18 KB, 345x441
>>27362579
About 6 months or so.
That sounds kind of neat, and original idea.

Heh, you might be me, Martha is my favorite song as well. Listened to all of his albums 2 or 3 times, he's wonderful.

Wish you the best friendo.
>>
i had pokemon cards when i was a kid. Never had anything rare.

Moved on to Yu-gi-oh eventually. Seemed like I got better things from boosters. Rarest was a Gate Guardian but I ended up scratching it.

After that I just stopped caring about cards because collecting them costs money and i was and still am too dumb to play the games, especially MtG.
>>
File: 11.png (19 KB, 530x430) Image search: [Google]
11.png
19 KB, 530x430
Collected a few things.

Guns
Knives
Gas-Masks
WW2 memorabilia ( US uniforms) including many germane things )books, id books, photos, flags, patches, lighters, cigars etc..) and bayonets and 2 guns (K98 which i sold and have a mosin nagant)

Never show anyone my WW2 memorabilia though.
>>
File: brooklynYOSHI.jpg (201 KB, 636x477) Image search: [Google]
brooklynYOSHI.jpg
201 KB, 636x477
>>27362567
I like to watch videos of penmanship sometimes, the sound is soothing. What makes a pen stand out for you? What is the holy grail of the fountain pen world?

>>27362598
The passion is what counts. Being NEET, I probably shouldn't spend my money on it but I can't say no to sitting down with a hot drink, late at night, opening booster packs. It's ultimate comfy. Do you like any of the early stuff?
>>
I still have a 1st edition LOB exodia set, as well as unlimited edition sets. Are they worth anything now?
>>
>>27362633
Nice talking with you famicom. I'm listening to Tom now, thanks for setting the mood for me tonight.

>>27362676
Gate Guardian was the hardest monster to summon ever back then. He looked sweet though.

>>27362689
Wow, where would you find most of the WW2 memorabilia, on ebay?

>>27362773
I would say the 1st edition LOB set would be around 190 youro if it is near mint/mint. I'm trying to collect a korean LOB exodia set at the moment. The boxes are 23 euro on ebay, crazy compared to 1st editon english LOB boxes which go from 700 to over 1000.
>>
File: para.jpg (481 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
para.jpg
481 KB, 1000x1333
Just pulled a parallel rare Des Feral Imp. Not the para I was hoping for but you gotta love that shine.
>>
>>27362709
Not the guy you're responding to but I'm hoping to cop a sailor pro gear in imperial black.

Shit's like the darth vader of pens.
>>
File: sailorpro.jpg (85 KB, 640x330) Image search: [Google]
sailorpro.jpg
85 KB, 640x330
>>27363236
That's a thing of beauty if pic related is the one. I see a lot of fountain pens have that same swirly type of engraving on the nib. Is that a traditional thing or something?
>>
File: 20160323_172946.jpg (1 MB, 3303x1858) Image search: [Google]
20160323_172946.jpg
1 MB, 3303x1858
Who /knives/ here
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.