[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
had a full-blown anxiety attack in school today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Had to give a speech earlier. I was last to go for today. Trembling for the whole hour its 4 minutes til class is over and I'm relieved as fuck that I can wait til next week. Then teacher says its my turn and we have enough time for one more.

I completely broke down, shaking, stuttering, lost my train of thought until I stopped and asked if I could try again next week. Teacher said yeah but its a letter grade taken off. Class still applauded and one normie said I shouldn't have stopped because i was doing good. Felt kinda nice that they cared, but I knew he was just being nice.

If you watch the video of Michael bay running off stage during his Samsung press conference, that's pretty much how I was, if not worse.

I just want to end my life right now I'm so embarrassed.
>>
It's nice that they treated you well though, that's always a thought man. Maybe it came across as worse than it was in your mind since your senses were so heightened.

What you should do now is move on and focus on nailing it the second time around. I don't normally suggest this, but have a couple of pints of beer before hand to calm the nerves a bit.

Also don't fight the cringey thoughts, it only makes them worse, just let them happen till they die down and just put on a nice movie or TV show, get comfy.
>>
>>27359111

If I got caught doing that I'd be expelled. Dry campus. Though I might have a few shots of something. I just can't for the life of me calm down in front of the class. Its impossible for me to even smile or talk normally.
>>
>>27359040
Just watched that Michael Bay Samsung video, holy fuck, the mans a robot if I've ever seen one. Besides all the success and poon he must be getting of course.
>>
>>27359040
Same thing happened to me last year, shit sucks. It's a bad memory for a while but you'll get over it and soon literally no one will remember except for you.
>>
it's called propranolol, benzos and alcohol. Take all three and you will not give a single fuck before a speech
>>
Well OP, at least you're so autistic they feel bad for you.
What sucks is to tread the line between normal and hopeless. People see you as normal enough so when you sperg out they look at you like wtf is wrong with this retard. But when you completely freak out you fall so far off the social pecking order that in a sense you become untouchable. People don't make fun of you because you are just an easy target. People go out of their way to accommodate you because they know you're a special weirdo.
So long as you don't throw their kindness back in their faces or do something really fucked up they will pity you.
>>
>>27359040
I'm so fucking glad I didn't know about 4chan in high school. It would have destroyed my life.

I discovered /b/ the summer time between high school and college; I still remember that basement and desktop as if it were yesterday hmm........
>>
>>27359040
Take beta blockers next time
>>
>running off stage
I did that years ago in the middle of my college presentation. Not a lot of people were watching, but I still got a panic attack during the presentation. I left the classroom, sat in the toilet stall for 5 minutes, then came back and finished my presentation. No one said anything.
>>
>>27359040
MODS UNDERAGE B& MODS MODS MODS
>>
>>27359748

I don't want to be pitied.
>>
>>27359679
or, take 300mg dxm a couple of days before.
>>
>>27359793
You have to make speeches in front of class in college too.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.