[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: AntarcticaVastEmptyNASA_600.png (238 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
AntarcticaVastEmptyNASA_600.png
238 KB, 600x385
>mfw retards say we have an "overpopulation" crisis
>mfw there is literally an ENTIRE FUCKING CONTINENT that is literally fucking empty
>mfw most of Australia is still literally fucking empty
>mfw Greenland is fucking empty
>mfw there are states in the US that are so fucking empty and desperate for residents that they will literally pay you to live there
>mfw retards nonetheless voluntarily cram themselves into dirty, stinking cities filled with eight million other morons living in tiny shithole apartments like cockroaches and paying exorbitant rates to do so because they were too stupid to resist the "big city" meme, then have the fucking gall to say we have an overpopulation crisis

>b-b-b-but muh climate! Antarctica is, like, cold! And the Outback is, like, hot! Durrrrrrr...
Fuck you. Four hundred years ago, that was a problem. Not today. Not with our technology.

We do not have an overpopulation crisis. We have a retard distribution crisis.
>>
We just hate each other by nature, for the most part, OP.
>>
>>27358496
the entire population of the earth could live comfortably inside of Texas
>>
>tfw the entire world's population still wouldn't be as dense as Tokyo if literally everyone moved to South Africa
>tfw one of the reasons Pope Urban II cited for calling the first crusade was "Europe is too overpopulated"

Overpopulation is just some meme throughout history desu. Probably just some frontier-seeking human instinct making everyone convinced it's an actual thing.
>>
>>27358496
the problem is that you need a lot more arable land to feed a given human than that same human needs for living space. The capacity to feed people is what we're running short on.
>>
Jesus christ, you retards who think overpopulation has something to do with there not being enough land to literally live on should be the first ones to be killed off.
>>
>>27358627
K E L P F A R M S

E

L

P

F

A

R

M

S
>>
I can't fucking wait for black plague 2: the reckoning.

My problem with so many people is mostly a mental thing. It's like... 8 billion people? Shit, it would hardly matter if 7.8 billion people died.
And when you get to disposable amounts like that, it really makes it hard to give a damn about the glorious majesty of sweet life.
>>
The main limiting factor I say is technology.

Of course desperation drives technological innovation as well.

Once the entire planet is developed birth rates should stabilize, however long that will take.

I have no idea what the literature says about overpopulation.

It's not really about useless areas like Greenland or Antarctica, or human space, it is more about producing the resources needed in an advanced technological manor to sustain lubriciously high populations with how much more limited farm-able land and fresh water and so on will become.
>>
>hey overpopulation is a myth!
>look at all that land we can live on!
>nevermind the amount of land and natural resources that are required to sustain my first world lifestyle, no, we can go and live in antartica!
>I am a huge fucking retard and my name is OP, please fuck my face
kill yourself OP
>>
>>27358496
what are you fucking retarded? the limiting factor isn't LITERAL SPACE, it's food production. there is only so much arable land in the world. everyone has to eat, and feeding everyone is already immensely complicated and reliant upon constant supply of fossil fuels, consistent weather patterns and genetically modified crops. The last thing we need to be doing is having more babies.
>>
>>27358676
>7.8 billion

there's a 99% chance you're part of that 7.8 billion, how do you feel about it now
>>
Overpopulation isn't about land space you retarded fucks
>>
>>27358779
No qualms, honestly.

>in b4 hurp derp kill urself right away
>>
don't even consider that it takes exhorbitant resources to move food and shit from arable land to these wastelands
>>
>>27358496
the problem with overpoulation isn't space to live, it's resources.
>>
>>27358496
>mfw op has a really bad bait, with logic equating to "overpopulation doesnt exist because there are other galaxies"
>>
Claiming overpopulation is a bullshit control scheme. As the population grows, so does the underclass. The more people there are, the more discontents there are. The larger the population, the greater the chance for power change.
>>
File: 1451705512309.png (25 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1451705512309.png
25 KB, 128x128
>>27358496
i'd volunteer to get redistributed to Antarctica, it's sooo pretty
>>
>>27358899
Shut the fuck up you massive fucking pseudointellectual faggot.
>>
>>27358899
Fuck the underclass and fuck your revolution.

Please god, rise up, so you can be fucking slaughtered. That'll solve the overpopulation problem.
>>
>>27358496
>people can just inhabit every single empty space there is
>we dont need large areas of fertile land to ranch and farm to sustain this population
>durrr
>>
>>27358804

/thread

you're all fucking morons
>>
>>27358496
>Australia empty

That emptiness is dry as fuck desert.
Fork over trillions of dollars for desalination plants or practice alchemy to make water from sand and you've got yourself a deal.

Otherwise: there's a reason a country the same size as USA and as old as it only has the total population of california. There's not enough properly habitable land and water to go around. Why else do you think we say "fuck off we're full" its not a meme. We've been tearing down entire townships in the outback to replace their dry valleys with huge dams, we're barely squeaking by. Most of us grew up with strict water rations like 3 minute showers.
>>
>>27358496

Overpopulation is a meme, we are just pretty fucking bad a managing resources.

But hey, who cares when we can have 80% of the population living in the dirt.

>but we need fertile land !
please... not with our current numbers, we currently waste so much shit its not even funny.
>>
>>27359084
>Most of us grew up with strict water rations like 3 minute showers.
Is that why you're such an angry, shitposting people? Holy shit, I think I've figured it out.
>>
>>27358676
You say you can't wait well not to worry. Bacteria are becoming immune to antibiotics.
Implying you wouldn't die yourself tho.
>>
>>27358496
you idiot, we have food and water limitations.

We can't produce limitless food and we don't conjure shit out of nothing.

Sure we waste food, but that doesn't mean were in such an overabundance to clear up world fucking hunger either. WE ain't even all over this fucking planet yet and were hitting problems.
>>
File: Fuck Sverige.jpg (33 KB, 726x419) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Sverige.jpg
33 KB, 726x419
>>27358496
BACK THE FUCK AWAY FROM OUR GRONLANDSKE SOIL! Fucking 'murilard.
>>
You dumb motherfucker, it's not about limits of space. The problem is resources. Not to mention that, because we consume too much fucking shit we don't actually need, there are huge amounts of waste that we conveniently hide and will blow up in our faces sooner or later. First world countries are the worst offenders.
>>
The people who say the world is overpopulated are always dumb upper middle class white liberals who say they won't have kids to avoid it despite living in countries like Canada where its like the 2nd lowest population density in the fucking world.

Overpopulation is real but its all in shitty brown countries. Get them to fucking use condoms and you'll fix overpopulation
>>
>>27359732
>First world countries are the worst offenders.

China literally produces 30% of the entire world's pollution. And have you actually seen or been to india? The entire fucking place is a trash heap.
>>
>>27358496
Its more an issue of resources, the current rate of production of food can't support the current population growth rate for very long if it continues at this rate
>>
>>27358496
>Not with our technology.
we don't have technology advanced enough to make living in places like those you mentioned not cost a fuck ton. Besides, where are people meant to get jobs in fucking Antarctica?
>>
File: 0935 - p8m2Hvm.png (749 KB, 910x599) Image search: [Google]
0935 - p8m2Hvm.png
749 KB, 910x599
>>27359107
this , so much food just goes to waste and people are jerks . But then is circles back to if people are such jerks then do I really want more of them fucking it up even more

NO

this robot planetnow normies get out
>>
Fuck you. It's people like you that ruin American wilderness and farmland by shitting all over it with digusting suburban sprawl. Places like northern virginia have been totally fucking destroyed because people are too retarded to stay in cities and towns where they belong. Literally go kill yourself.
>>
>>27358496
you go live there
>>
>>27358899
this, desu >>27358979
originalblox
>>
What is up with identical posts to pol and here?
>>
Greenland and the Outback make for poor agriculture.
>>
>>27360729
There's good crossover, desu. I post identically on both boards.
>>
>>27358979
>>27359028
Great argument right here hurrrrr
>>
>>27358496
>Australia
>Canada
>Northern Europe
>Most of Russia
>parts of Africa
>Kazakhstan
>Mongolia (fucking 1.92 people per sq kilometer)

There is plenty of fucking room in this world
>>
>>27362468
>wanting to live in any of those places
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.