[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anons, how many of you have attempted suicide? Would you say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Anons, how many of you have attempted suicide?

Would you say that your life has improved since the attempt?
If so, any advice you could give to anon anon on the verge of going through this Easter?
>>
>>27358192
I've attempted three times

I was close last time. really fucking close
>>
I feel like a faggot because I've never made an outright attempt, just came incredibly close several times, but half the people who have made attempts did shit like halfheartedly cut at their wrists a bit and call it a suicide attempt.
>>
Yes
Not really, but it's more peaceful
Advice on what?
>>
Only pussies "attempt" suicide. You either kill yourself or you're a faggot attention whore who brings it up as an example of how messed up you are.
>>
>>27358664
Well you still could have passed out and someone "saved" you
>>
How hard is it to put a shotgun in your mouth and pull the trigger or jump off a massive building?
>>
I've made 2 (serious) attempts.
I could say a lot about them because they've irreversibly shaped my life.
If you make a serious attempt, you will end up in the hospital. you will be put into the psychiatric ward involuntarily where you will have to turn in your shoes and live with a random ensemble of strangers for 3-7 days while you convince the staff there that you are in good mental standing to leave. staying in the psych ward is a worse hell than you could possibly imagine. it is worse than the life that pushed you to suicide and if you display signs of mental weakness you will only stay there longer.
your closest family will probably shower you with love if it's your first attempt. your distant family and all your friends won't really know what to say to you. they'll be concerned but won't know how to express it.
if you're doing this for attention, don't, you don't get it. people just grow distant from you because of it.
i could write for much much longer about this if anyone's interested but here's my summary

1. It makes your life hell.
2. If you're going to attempt, use a gun. Guns work, pills don't. And once you attempt with pills, the hospital you stay at will file a report to the FBI about your self-harmful nature and you will be blacklisted from owning a gun. So if you fail your first attempt, you're fucked because now you can't get a gun either.
>>
File: 1456691529420.jpg (84 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1456691529420.jpg
84 KB, 960x960
I tired to hang myself with an ethernet cable when I was drunk once.

No. The one person I told kinda wants nothing to do with me. I work a minimum wage job, have no friends or gf and live at my parents' house.

I'd say don't kill yourself because we don't know what death is and that's terrifying. On the other hand, life is fucking terrible so death can't be much worse. Don't kill yourself though for fucks sake.
>>
>>27358750
when you live in connecticut and have multiple hospitilizations
very fuckign hard
no way can I get a gun
believe me if I could I would
>>
>>27358826
try 32 days
>>
>>27358906
i sort of know that feel
after the second attempt mommy and daddy sent me away to a long-term facility for 3 months. it wasn't nearly as bad though bc there were mostly young adults my age and some qt girls and i made some really good friends. i don't think i would ever return to a normal state of mind if i were in a hospital for 32 days.
>>
>>27358883
If you have roughly $80, you can "get a gun" at a gun range.

Disclaimer: Do not kill yourself. This is for strictly informational purposes only. Stay alive.
>>
>>27358192
Took 15g of Paracetamol, a few BZDs and a glass of vodka. Just woke up with vomit all over me.
Hasn't improved, but I don't think of doing it any more (Therapy and Antidepressants).
Don't do it.
>>
I ODed at my desk at work in 2012. Doctor said the Mental Hospital was full and didn't want to send me further away over Christmas where I would be far away from family.

It got better, for a while.

It got worse. So much worse that I can't believe I think I was low enough to end it all before.

I have a suicide plan, but I'm going to wait until after I get paid on April 1st. That means I can give my partner (inb4 gtfo normie reeee) the money for this last month so that he has enough for 2 months rent. My Dad has promised us that he'll pay the deposit down on a new place if we want to move, and I know he'd stick to that just to help my partner find a smaller place. This means my partner doesn't have to suffer any further financial hardship at my expense.

Once I send that money, I know my partner won't be fucked over and end up homeless. I've got a shit ton of stockpiled medication, some of it will make me drowsy. I'll fall asleep and never wake up.

(I live in the UK. So no guns.Also, I'd rather just be found peacefully dead, than have someone go through the trauma of finding bits of my skull everywhere.)
>>
>tried twice and failed
>tried hanging and water intoxication
>for my last attempt i will try inhaling methylene choloride since i live in a police state and have no access to guns
Do not use helium tanks, I heard they're being diluted now. Cutting, train, most poisons, and fire all suck. Carbon monoxide is just all right.
>>
>>27358645
Advice on how to get your shit together, assuming you were able to
>>
>>27358611
When was the last time you've attempted Anon?
>>
>>27358192

i have engaged in parasuicidal behavior. basically taking so much xanax and alcohol that i can't function, sleeping for entire days, blacking out for days, ending up in the ER.

i never wanted to kill myself, just wanted to escape and numb out

but i guess it's parasuicidal

also i self harm

but no legitimate attempts, i like to think that when i do it i will fucking do it with a gun and it will be over
>>
I did once.
I just literally took every single pill in the house.
Wouldn't recommend it. Pills don't usually work anyway. I ended up puking (both automatically and induced) less than an hour later. Still, I was fucked up for days. It was like an extremely strong fever for the first 2 days. Everything was extremely blurry for the next 4-6 days. Like halfway blind blurry. Plus dizziness, nauseous, could barely walk, etc. etc. My health is still a little fucked because of it. I randomly get light headed and black spots in my vision.

My life has gotten a bit better since after that I got some help and got on meds so the suicidal urges have stopped. If you could, I'd recommend trying to find a psychiatrist first, if you haven't already.

My advice anon, don't do it. In the end it's your decision though. No one here can stop you. But if you truly can't bear to live anymore, make sure there is no 2nd attempt. Your 1st has to be your last.
>>
>>27361192
thanks for advice anon. kinda lets me know what i need to do
>>
>>27360887
march 5
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.