[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You see this on a bumper sticker on a car. What do you automatically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 14
File: 808223_630x354.jpg (31 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
808223_630x354.jpg
31 KB, 630x354
You see this on a bumper sticker on a car. What do you automatically think about the driver?
>>
He is a decent human being
>>
>>27357651
He has a deep seated pride in his state.
>>
goes muddin' and has a gun collection

i'm not much of a redneck but it doesn't trigger me, they are usually cool people to hang out with
>>
He feel strong pride about his heritage and his roots

10/10 would bro with
>>
>>27357651
Why is he driving my fucking truck?
>>
I'm black so I hope I don't meet the driver.
>>
I live in Mississippi and see this relatively often. I usually think they are probably conservative and white. That's about it.
>>
>>27357651
why does this guy have a britfag flag in his car this is fuckign amerca lynch him
>>
>>27357651
That he considers a high school diploma higher education.
>>
File: 1457277824383.jpg (444 KB, 1172x1500) Image search: [Google]
1457277824383.jpg
444 KB, 1172x1500
in all honesty i just hate niggers
>>
traitor, should be sent to a gulag
>>
Right-wing SJW.
>>
Driver is probably scared and insecure
>>
>live in California
It makes me assume they are some try-hard wannabe. So many suburbanites parade those things around like they are one of them.
If they state on their plate doesn't match then they are trash.
>>
He's a racist try hard.

The south lost, get over it.

#sorrynotsorry
>>
>>27357777
quads of truth
quads of truth
quads of truth
>>
>>27357651
>Enjoys any outdoor activity (usually camping, hunting, off-roading/mudding, shooting)
>99.99999% chance they're white
>this dickhead's probably going to cut me off up ahead
>probably racist, but aren't we all?
>>
The associations with racism, slavery, segregation, and white supremacy aside...

Honestly just some dude who thinks they are patriotic about their state or whatever, probably a republican voter.

I don't think people using it are thinking too deeply about it.
>>
>>27357749
Once again, I remind you that the Confederacy was not completely about slavery, and while it was a significant factor in the South rising up, their complete lack of a voice in national politics at the time and economic and social aggression from northern states played just as large a role
>>
>>27357651
He's a loud mouthed edgelord. Bumper stickers in general are a red flag.
>>
>>27357788
>>27357790
try hard mind
>>
>>27357651
Pretty cool guy in my opinion
>>
File: Raggarna_ANN3780.jpg (552 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Raggarna_ANN3780.jpg
552 KB, 900x600
He's from a rural place or small town, drinks a lot, is fat, listens to eddie meduza, if his car is a mint condition 50s american car it's worth more than his house, if it's a 50s american car about to fall apart then he parties a lot in the car by driving it round and round the 4 streets in his hometown with loud music in it and a bunch of people in the car.

Pic related are "raggare". I'm swedish so i wrote what i'd think if i saw that flag on a car here and sometimes i do see that flag on a car here and then it's usually a "raggare"
>>
I live in the south and see it every day and I don't think anything of it besides that they're proud of being a hick southerner. The try-hard rednecks usually go for the bumper sticker and 2 full size flags mounted on either side of the pickup tailgate. Associations with the flag aside it has a better design than the country's actual flag.
>>
>>27357811
>implying the confederate flag does not invoke the idea of southern independence as well as slavery

top kek!
>>
>>27357651
He's an idiot who pretends he has anything to be proud about to cover for his shit-tier existence, the irony being there is nothing to be proud about concerning the stars and bars and lots to be ashamed of.
>>
I automatically think hick white trash
>>
>>27357651
Racist, toothless, sister-fucking redneck. Literally worse than niggers.
>>
>>27357651
I'd wonder why he drove it into my bedroom since I don't go outside.
>>
>>27357811
This is the smartest post in the entire thread.

>>27358144
He didn't imply that the flag does not invoke slavery, he implied that there is more to it than just the slavery, schools today only teach that the Civil War was about slavery and ignores the rest. If the south had won their independence and had Lincoln not been assassinated the US would have been much better off, slavery would have probably lasted a few years longer but there would have been much less racial animosity without the Reconstruction period happening. I don't expect you to understand that since reading books and learning history is too much work for you compared to shitposting on 4chan.
>>
I'm a Newfoundlander. I see people with these license plates sometimes. I think they're trying too hard to look cool and rough and 2Texas4u, even if we're nowhere near the southern states
>>
>>27357651
Just a person from Dixie.
>>
I just assume they're an idiot and hope they don't go to the same place as me.
>>
>>27357651
He's a user form /pol/.
>>
>>27357816
>tow combine obnoxious bumper stickers to enrage fags who give a shit
Gay rights Obama, "real men love jesus" "caution: makes frequent stops (at your mom's house)" over here, don't have a cow, man.
>>
>>27358373
You're the same as every other dumbass south apologist on 4chan. You act like the historical consensus is on your side and rely on people's ignorance to not contest you.

But no, actually, it was principally about slavery. If it had not been for the slavery issue, there would have been no seccession. The only people who disagree with that are southerners who refuse to concede to reality.
>>
>>27357811
The "complete lack of a voice in national politics" and the "economic and social agression" was based on the issue of SLAVERY.
>>
>>27358609
>You're the same as every other dumbass south apologist on 4chan.

Insults are the tools of those who are ignorant or have no fact based argument.

>You act like the historical consensus is on your side and rely on people's ignorance to not contest you.

Historical consensus has never been on the Confederacy's side but the truth of history is.

>But no, actually, it was principally about slavery.

No it wasn't. It was about the Union controlling the economy and states rights of the South that forced a reliance upon slaves. Had the Union encouraged southern industrialism instead of choking it slavery would have ended without bloodshed.

>If it had not been for the slavery issue, there would have been no seccession.

That is what you were taught in public school education but that is also incorrect.

>The only people who disagree with that are southerners who refuse to concede to reality.

The only people who disagree with that are those that do not tolerate historical revisionism.
>>
>>27357651
He's from the South, believes he is smarter than he actually is, and is attempting to be edgy.
>>
>>27358609
>But no, actually, it was principally about slavery.

Maybe for dumb cannon fodder yankees.

It wasn't so for Northern leaders.

>Lincoln actually giving a shit about nigs
>implying
>>
>>27358784
You are the historical revisionist, actually. You even admit that historical consensus is not on your side. That's the definition of revisionism.

"The vast majority of actual historians disagree with me, but if you disagree with me, I'll acuse you of historical ignorance."

Just another day in the life of a confederacy apologist.

>>27358837
The seccession was about slavery. The north's response is irrelevant.
>>
>>27357651
They're a white trash racist normie who needs to gtfo
>>
Since I live in the opposite end of the country, I assume they're a wannabe-Southerner redneck.
>>
Right-wing SJW is correct
>>
>>27357651
Redneck, possibly a racist but most likely just oblivious.
>>
>You even admit that historical consensus is not on your side.

The historical consensus IS the revisionism because the victors always write the history books to make themselves look like the good guys even though in reality they weren't in the least.

You are actually the historical revisionist.

Just another day in the life of a union apologist.
>>
>>27359102
Possibly oblivious by choice

What? It's just my culture!
>>
Not exactly an intelligent person, as I would assume of all people who have civic pride (or who ruin their cars with bumper stickers).
>>
I'm not from 'Murica, but if I saw that i'd either assume that the driver was just making a joke and it was a bit of bant, or he was a racist piece of trash who needs to be killed in an accidental housefire.
>>
>>27357777
Bad quads, should be made into lampshades
>>
A true Southern patriot I'd have a beer with
>>
>>27359116
That's some brilliant fucking logic there. Too bad there is a comprehensive, well kept record of events and opinions pre-dating the war that makes it abundantly clear that the south was philosophically committed to the preservation of slavery. Read some of the shit John Calhoun said.
>>
>>27357651
same thing I think of anyone with any bumpersticker
gas-chamber worthy
>>
>>27358759
Slavery and many other issues. The north was attempting to control the south through social movements. Slavery was needed to keep the south as rich as the north, and competitive in politics. The south needed money and trade to survive, and had relatively small profits even with slavery to keep up with the north. The northern colonies couldn't expand without spreading themselves thin, so slavery had enabled the south to survive in rural territory. America was still young, and hasn't expanded it's population to a point to survive in a rural climate. The north east, however, was flourishing in population and could generate the funds to pay workers for an honest day's work. The south was not so lucky in the past.

People condemn the south's view on slavery, but it was needed for our country to grow into the massive superpower it is today. We owe the slaves for helping us harvest crops which we used to trade and produce. It was only natural that the south would fight to protect this right. They had been relatively excluded in national politics and not respected due to their reliance on slave labor. The south felt they had no voice.

Ironically, the north once felt they had no voice with their leaders in England and they did the EXACT same thing as the south did.
>>
>>27357651
Self-proclaimed rebel that likes his liquor, probably enjoys sweet tea too.
>>
>>27357651
>What do you automatically think about the driver?

Racist dumbshit, contrarian edgelord, or some backwoods hick who blindly endorses "Southern pride" without actually having any idea what the American Civil War was. Where I live, it's generally the latter.
>>
>>27357651
White, bigot, love guns, doesn't like immigrants, Arab = Muslim = terrorist, voting trump, civil war wasn't about slavery
>>
>>27359264
Friendly reminder that if the north had let the south continue their retarded Ricardian model they would be mexico2.0 right now
>>
he thinks I'm illegal
>>
>>27359214
If by "the south" you mean the 1.4% of the population that actually owned slaves. Should I hold you responsible for the Iraq war because of the actions of the Bushes? I guess the beliefs of the other 98.6% that fought and suffered for their independence didn't really matter.
>>
Redneck, but other than that a normal person.
>>
>>27359405
the southern economy was based entirely on black people picking cotton and tobacco.
>>
>>27359264
The division between the economic systems of the north and south existed because the north was dominated by citymen and the south was dominated by landed aristocrats.

The northerners were the roundheads, the philosophical republicans.

The southerners were barons who revolted against the king to preserve their noble privileges.

The south was perfidious, arrogant, unenlightened, and selfish, from the very beginning. Their decline was always inevitable.
>>
>>27359405
The south was dominated by that minority population, something Calhoun expounded on the virtues of. The confederacy was a rebellion of elitist landed gentry, who capitalized on the racism of the common whites for support.
>>
>>27359454
You're merely explaining the social aspects of who they are, and not the true division of economic systems by what they need and accomplish. The north push laws onto people who don't understand them and they understand little about. Life in the city is far different than a farm so why should they spend their days in luxury creating laws that are passed down to the productive society they refused to identify with and exclude.

The south felt abandoned. They formed their own cliques and excluded the north right back in response.
>>
Dumb hick.

I would still rather have him as company than anyone with remotely leftist views.
>>
File: pepeshallriseagain.jpg (93 KB, 960x949) Image search: [Google]
pepeshallriseagain.jpg
93 KB, 960x949
>>27357777
fuck off yankee devil
>>
>>27357651
He's probably not a cuckold
>>
File: 1449292736386s.jpg (3 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
1449292736386s.jpg
3 KB, 125x116
>>27358053
>Mint condition 50's car
>Bumper stickers
Bumper stickers are considered heresy for classic cars. Especially domestics.
>>
>>27357651

He drives either way above or way below the speed limit
>>
>>27357651
I honestly don't think anything of it unless they take it too far. I work at a gas station and there's this obnoxious asshole who has the stars and bars, american flag, a POW flag and some 4th flag flying on each corner of his truck bed at all times. To top it off he has a really shitty tattoo on his forearm of his skin burning off to reveal the stars and bars underneath.
>>
>>27359326
Slavery was winding down anyways. Would've been over within a generation or two had the Civil War not happened.
>>
loudmouth, intolerant redneck piece of trash without any higher level thinking aside from his manual labor job and "wha momma taught'em"

I don't give a shit one way or the other about the racist connotations. the flag triggers me only because it represents the people I might hate more than niggers
>>
>>27362782
>hating the working poor
You're much worse than that person could ever be.
>>
File: 1457242296800-1.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1486) Image search: [Google]
1457242296800-1.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1486
>>27357651
He's a pretty cool guy and is not on the purge list.
>>
>>27357651
>if that man ever has a daughter she WILL end up on dogfart.com
>>
>>27357811
Regardless of what the flag means, most people who wave the confederate flag are generally more racist.
>>
>>27362782
>all these SJWs
gas them all
>>
I wonder who his favorite Confederate Cavalry general is. Jeb Stuart had all the gallantry and class, sure but Nathan Bedford Forrest got shit done. Perhaps we could discuss this further over a beer
>>
Kinda dumb and lower class than myself, but I still respect his hatred for blacks. It's just not on the same level as mine. His is instinct; mine is the fruit of reason.
>>
Literally inbred
>>
>>27357651
He probably likes country music

Probably religious
>>
>>27364125
I like Forest cause that's who Forest Gump was named after.
>>
>>27359697
American cars aren't domestic in Sweden.
I can't recall seeing one of those bumper stickers but i'm pretty sure that some raggare have them. I don't know if both kinds (the ones with good and the ones with bad cars) have them so i described both kinds.
>>
>>27362824
Why would a southerner associate with Nazis? Especially modern Nazis?
>>
probably a racist drumpf supporter XD lol :P lmao
>>
>>27363667
More outward with their racism. Libcucks who claim it's racist think you having to prove you're a citizen to vote is racist because black people can't get ids or licenses
>>
>>27357651

"Fat, poor, stupid, inbred, and pathetic" are my gut reactions. The southern colonies have nothing to be proud of and I would be happy if we ever got the chance to carpet bomb them.

I expect that he complains about niggers when his ancestors imported them, and his ancestors imported slaves because they were lazy, worthless criminal outcasts from Europe. You hate niggers? Maybe your great-great-great grandfather should have done his own farming, then, you stupid little cunts. You created the "black problem" in this country. Every crime any black has committed on American soil is your fault, because you've inherited the sins of your ancestors. "That was before I was born!" Lol too bad.
>>
Traitor, should be hanged
>>
>>27357771
2redddittt5me
>>
>>27357771
It is, you're just spoiled and live in an isolated little world ignorant of history.
>>
>>27357651
He clearly doesn't give a fuck what I or anybody else thinks. Respect.
>>
File: african.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
african.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>27357779
Most people with rebel flags I've met are usually pretty laid back, despite the meme to the controversy.. You can shit on them and whoever and they really don't seem to give a fuck, all the while having pride in their state.

The only time they ever seemed to raise their voice is with that shit last year when they were removing the flag.
>>
File: 1418997903431.jpg (36 KB, 511x509) Image search: [Google]
1418997903431.jpg
36 KB, 511x509
>>27357811
>inb4 it wasn't all about slavery guys!
oh wait too late
>>
File: good-little-goyim.jpg (35 KB, 343x343) Image search: [Google]
good-little-goyim.jpg
35 KB, 343x343
>>27358224
He bought into the redneck meme"
>>
>>27357651
He wants to piss off liberals, he believes in state rights or he's a racist.
>>
>>27358990
Consensus isn't truth you filthy little empiricist.
>>27359454
people i like:
>SUPER SMART AND AWESOME
people i dont like:
>SUPER DUMB AND STUPID AND MEAN
>>
>>27358990
What is your analysis based on?
Historical consensus is a joke, fampai, even historians know it.

http://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/47769968/#47769968
>>
File: 1429127759876.jpg (15 KB, 290x289) Image search: [Google]
1429127759876.jpg
15 KB, 290x289
>>27358373
>If the south had won their independence and had Lincoln not been assassinated the US would have been much better off, slavery would have probably lasted a few years longer but there would have been much less racial animosity
>>
>>27359061
>racist
>normie
Most normies are so annoyingly anti-racist, actually.
You're probably a dumb reddddditorr though
>>
Between Bleeding Kansas, the Missouri Compromise, and Dred Scott, anyone who thinks the Civil War wasn't chiefly about slavery is fucking delusional. So with that in mind, when I see the whatever-whatever battle flag, I just feel embarrassed on their behalf.
>>
>>27359451
the northern economy continued to benefit from this; there was some noise up north about slavery, but the government didn't care
A lot of southerners didn't own slaves, and slavery would have been phased out soon enough anyway.
>>
>>27365832
>I just feel embarrassed on their behalf.
This to be quite honest family.
I say this as a southerner.
>>
>>27365834
>and slavery would have been phased out soon enough anyway.
On what basis do you say this? Also define "soon".
>>
>>27365878
looking at relatively recent cycles of slavery in europe and the us. the south was following the same pattern.
>>
>>27365832
>>27365860
These are the same anon
>>
>>27365789

OHHHHHHHHH, watch out, everybody, this hothead doesn't know what perfidious means!

I'm >>27365625. It's a shame you dumb fucks are all moralfagging idiots, your arable lands could create the most profitable marijuana farms in the world. It'd restore your economic independence from the rest of the Union and maybe you'd develop some dignity.

But no, you'd rather live off of handouts. Out of every two dollars I pay in federal taxes, your filthy beggar states get at least a dollar. You've been living off the rest of us for what - almost a century, now?
>>
>>27365921
Uh no.
-t 2nd anon
>>
>>27365927
most of the people taking handouts down there are the niggers, fyi.
>>
>>27357651
He's an idiot who flies a traitor flag. I hate niggers as much as the next guy, but the South lost. Get over it.
>>
>>27365927
>ANYBODY I DISLIKE IS THIS THING I DISLIKE HAHAHA HHAHAHA HAHHAHAHA I WIN!!!!!
>>
>>27357777
Quads don't lie, they lost the war and should remember that.
>>
>>27365929
But I do like the theory that only one person could possibly object to this historical revisionism, so TWO people objecting is just samefagging.
t. first anon
>>
File: 1458193110669.jpg (82 KB, 477x539) Image search: [Google]
1458193110669.jpg
82 KB, 477x539
>>27365927
Thanks for the bennies unioncuck.
>>
http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html

ctrl+f "slave"

>b-but it wasn't about slaves!

Okay but thats not what they said when they fucking left.
>>
>>27365909
>the south was following the same pattern.
'no'
>>
>>27364125
>mine is the fruit of reason.
/pol/tards wear fedoras now?
>>
File: south.png (44 KB, 401x488) Image search: [Google]
south.png
44 KB, 401x488
>>27365985
original pposto
>>
File: 1396380824214.jpg (23 KB, 290x324) Image search: [Google]
1396380824214.jpg
23 KB, 290x324
>>27364125
Comically deluded.
>>
>>27365799
>complains about credibility and facts
>links to a /pol/ thread

come
on
senpai
>>
>>27365985
apologists btfo

senpai
>>
>>27366125
Sources like /pol/ are where you can find the real nuggets of truth.
You certainly won't find it in the MSM or marxist Ivory Tower.
>>
The symbol has been reappropriated a few different times. Most people today just use it to say fuck you to us yanks, so who really gives a shit? If you were actually able to remove the flag than something else would fill that need.
Frankly if a few nogs were triggered by it than they are kind of pussies tbqh
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.