[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you support gamergate? Don't you want to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
File: tumblr_nuoklllHKZ1qi0ioao6_1280.jpg (178 KB, 830x1074) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuoklllHKZ1qi0ioao6_1280.jpg
178 KB, 830x1074
Why don't you support gamergate? Don't you want to keep women out of video games?
>>
>>27356933
if gamergate were about keeping women out of video games it would be worth supporting desu
>>
>>27356933
Because those are two different things, undercover roastie.
>>
>supporting literal terrorists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM7kw2YP-rY
>>
The saddest thing about gamergate is they honestly think being with 5 guys is a more than usual for a woman in her 20s. Most girls have been with more as a teenager.
>>
But gamergate is about ethics :^)
>>
File: 1456271530001.png (698 KB, 2022x9691) Image search: [Google]
1456271530001.png
698 KB, 2022x9691
>>27356933
All the games I play are already out.
All the new shit is bad anyway.
The only stuff I play online is OSRS and nostralus, which women would not touch with a 10 foot pole
So Im good
Its not like they can break into my house and make my offline backups of STALKER, Dwarf fortress, Baldurs gate, M+B, Grand strategy, and heroes 3 more feminist.
>>
>>27356933
Cause only Manchild play video games.
>>
videogames for kids tho?

are there really grown men who think fighting a cultural crusade over a child's toy has any merit or value?
>>
>>27356933
>Bringing up old ghosts.
It's over anon, Gamergate, the Confederacy, Nazi Germany, they're all over, regardless of which side you supported. Beating a dead horse just makes you look unable to reconcile the past with the present.
>>
Because it's so pathetic that even I'm embarrassed by it. And I ERP on /trash/.
>>
File: 1457636973353.png (539 KB, 1024x1450) Image search: [Google]
1457636973353.png
539 KB, 1024x1450
my girlfriend plays more video games than me. I bought a beast rig last year with my tax refund and end up spending 70% of my time watching anime. the other 30% is spent playing chivalry and gta online with my friends. and that "100%" is probably only half the use my PC sees as my girlfriend spends a lot of time playing all my games I don't play.

I don't get why some guys want girls away from video games so bad. Are you afraid of having a person to hang out with all the time and play them with? are you afraid of having sex with them and loving them?
>>
>>27357275
>This image
I don't even know where to start
>>
>>27357405
It's because when women start to flock to something they force it to cater to them, lest their feelings get hurt.
Women will bitch about every game being sexist or problematic until there are no good games left. Then they're off to ruin another hobby.
>>
>>27357435
We should get women into football.

That sport needs to be ruined
>>
File: image.jpg (791 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
791 KB, 2560x1440
>>27357405
BUT ANON ANON..
YOU DONT UNDERSTAND..
ANON..
LISTEN..
THEY ARE CENSORING..
ANON LISTEN
THEY ARE CENSORING MY VIDEOGMAES
ANON.THEY ARE CENSORING MY VIDEOGAMES
MY VIDEOGAMES ANON
>>
>>27357426
its dorf fort
>>
>>27357472
I agree. Soccer is fucking awful.
>>
>>27357405
>I don't get why some guys want girls away from video games so bad.
Those types of guys play video games to get away from women.

> Are you afraid of having a person to hang out with all the time and play them with? are you afraid of having sex with them and loving them?
None of that happens.
>>
>>27357187
He's a big guy
oc
>>
File: hamon users.png (178 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
hamon users.png
178 KB, 500x281
>>27357405
>I don't get why some guys want girls away from video games so bad. Are you afraid of having a person to hang out with all the time and play them with? are you afraid of having sex with them and loving them?
If this happened because of someone owning video games I'd be swimming in pussy and this whole issue about females in gaming wouldn't even be a thing.
>>
>>27357405
>are you afraid of having sex with them and loving them?

Anon, please give me the number for your dealer. I need to get my hands on those goods you're so obviously on.
>>
The reason why I don't support it is because it's all about a cuck who was jealous his gf was fucking around and didn't allow him to watch. The whole "ethics" thing is absolutely bullshit since video game """""""""journalism"""""""" has never been legit journalism.
>>
>>27357683
>The whole "ethics" thing is absolutely bullshit since video game """""""""journalism"""""""" has never been legit journalism.
This.
>"Why are my ads trying to sell me things!?!"

Game Informer and Kotaku and shit like that aren't real gaming sites. Magazines and publications by gamers for gamers have been diminishing in number steadily ever since the 00s and those that are still around are either in foreign languages (predominantly Japanese for obvious reasons) or are obscure and publish infrequently, so don't generate a lot of visibility.
>>
File: laughing nigger.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
laughing nigger.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>27357507
>improving by covering up fat and flab is "censoring"
You probably play a game for it's graphics instead of gameplay too.
>>
>>27357758
I'm pretty sure the """"censored"""" is objectively better. the other looked silly and honestly unattractive
>>
File: 1450292662592.jpg (170 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1450292662592.jpg
170 KB, 500x598
>>27357275
This image is fascinating. The top part of it gives you the impression that the goblins are an evil invading force, especially with those grey looking large monsters descending down the stairs. As you go further down, however, it becomes apparent that the goblins (or whatever they are) are decisively losing the battle. They fall into the dwarves' traps and are even imprisoned on the lower portions. Perhaps they're invading to free the bretheren that were captured and put into those cells? You also see a dwarf butchering meat, which could potentially be the goblins.

There's also a section where the dwarves are torturing some of their own. Does that imply that they are in fact evil? Did some dwarves protest how things were run and get chained up?

The bottom of the image reminds me of LotR; the dwarves dug too deep and reached monsters that they could not control. Perhaps they appease the monsters somehow though; I see some dwarves offering diamonds or something to the monsters coming up from the hole.

Godamn I love images like this.
>>
>>27357820
That's literally every session of Dwarf Fortress not started in a terrifying biome, illustrated.
>>
File: fightordie.gif (494 KB, 499x312) Image search: [Google]
fightordie.gif
494 KB, 499x312
At least for the hardcore or highly competitive scenes, it's all dominant by males.

Probably mainly due to our dumb culture of celebrating war and expendability of man and the sort of kill or be killed toxic environment of online games with girlishness being weakness.

Trying anything as a female you'd just be called a slut or attention whore...

I think it takes women who closely share the same values as a man to get into the competitive scene enjoyably.

I don't know.
>>
I really don't care either way what sex somebody is. I pick gaming partners based on a blend of skill and personality. I will play with somebody who's an asshole on Skype if they know every encounter or are great at strategy, and I'll play with someone who kind of sucks if they have a great upbeat personality and are fun to play with. I play League with a girl who's awful because she never gets discouraged and tries her best to take advice and I play Destiny with two girls, one of whom is rude on a good day but knows every fight and more or less carries me to flawless every week. I don't get why people care.
>>
>>27358128

You are such a colossal fucking faggot it's unreal.
>>
>>27356933
Because I don't want to get into politics, especially the internet kind
>>
>ethics in journalism

It's a series of opinions. Your job is your opinion about a game.

If more women in a game makes you like it more, then give it a higher rating.

Holy fuck people get ove your shit
>>
>>27357275
>The only stuff I play online is OSRS and nostralus, which women would not touch with a 10 foot pole

buying gf
>>
>>27357405
>Are you afraid of having a person to hang out with all the time and play them with? are you afraid of having sex with them and loving them?
Yes, actually
But I'm happy that you made it, anon
>>
>>27358128
I think women are naturally less competitive. Some if it may be to social conditioning and ingrained gender roles, but most women are more collaborative/passive. I always enjoyed video games but not competitive games- sandbox/strategy games are preferable to shooting/fighting games where it's pure combat and win/lose. If I play Smash it's just for fun and I only bother to learn the moves, while my friend is into timing everything perfectly/playing competitively. This is just a personal anecdote, though. Plenty of women are competitive, I've just noticed this.

The issue of being called a slut or attentionwhore doesn't matter, you will realistically never encounter this. The only thing negative that happens is that men trip over themselves trying to get a girl's attention on mic and will completely derail the activity, even if the female is focused on it initially.
>>
File: 1458690085682.png (291 KB, 750x366) Image search: [Google]
1458690085682.png
291 KB, 750x366
>>27356933
mixed feelings, i hate modern day feminists, like gamergate, don't like the fags on either side though.

It is like when you know things are shit, want to improve things, but don't want the people you hate to benefit from any of this and would rather watch it all burn down.

Like we should totally let all the refugees in, it would get all the idiots killed and cause more problems to change their minds faster than fighting them with words. They need to experience the problems themselves to understand that racism, phobia, bullshit has no place in the reality of how shit really works.

In that regard, I'd rather let feminists win till the ruin everything so hard that they ultimately lose all credibility than try to preserve their reputation by not letting the shit hit the fan.

Not sure if this connects with anyone though.
>>
>>27357405
As a matter of fact I am afraid of those things
>>
>>27356933
>completely missing the point of what GG was about
I support the real GG, not what people think it is
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.