[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is suicide so frowned upon by normies? If someone wants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Sad-Frog-Meme-Enough-14.jpg (21 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-Enough-14.jpg
21 KB, 600x630
why is suicide so frowned upon by normies?

If someone wants to end to end their own life and has no one depending on them then why can't we respect their decision?

related:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayopavesa
>>
I dunno; probably religious beliefs in a lot of cases or fear of botching it and living with permanent physical damage.

Suicide is justified under these circumstances:

*You were captured by the enemy in wartime
*You were convicted of a serious crime
*Old age or serious illness/disability
>>
if you want to end your life why tell people about it? just do it, no one cares either way
>>
>>27354604
It's simple
It makes them feel guilty about having a better life than you
>>
>>27354666
Yeah they do. Your opinion isn't fact. How much of a narcissist are you to speak on behalf of 7 billion people?
>>
>>27354604
I frown up on it too because it's a pussy method.

At the very least, blow yourself up and make it a group project.
>>
File: 1458747345860.jpg (9 KB, 250x190) Image search: [Google]
1458747345860.jpg
9 KB, 250x190
>>27354666
devilish trips
>>27354604
dont kill yourself anon life always get better
*more normie speak*
>>
>>27354735
>I frown up on it too because it's a pussy method.
"I frown upon suicide too because it's a pussy method" "At the very least commit suicide"

That's what you just said.
>>
>>27354694

this

or maybe they need someone inferior to stroke their egos by either:
A) comparing themselves to that person or
B) feeling altruistic and heroic by cheering that person and giving them advice
>>
>>27354756
Those are good points too

Plus it isn't socially acceptable to openly wish death on someone unless that person is a confirmed monster
>>
>>27354752
killing yourself for a cause is much less selfish and arguably more brave than killing yourself just because
>>
>>27354834
>arguably
Exactly.

There's no point taking this any further for that fact alone.
>>
Normalfags don't like it for a number of reasons.
In no particular order, they hate suicide because it: reminds them of their own mortality, implies that someone's life can be so bad that they feel the only way out is death which conflicts with their idea that life is great/fair/etc, deprives them/society of another working body, inconveniences their day to day lives, and conflicts with their religious/personal beliefs.
>>
>>27354604
just by existing jews can get money out of you or your family some how

you being dead only pays for the funeral and not the future costs like healthcare, food, entertainment, etc
>>
>>27354752
The point is to take others with you.
>other normies
Every one you get is one less I have to look at.....

I'm just asking you to follow your heart and do the right thing anon.
>>
>>27354604
Because it's the ultimate insult. You ultimately have found no reason to live, which means not only do you not care enough about another human being to keep living, you also don't care about animals, plants, or anything in life. Everything that excites or invigorates everyone else is intolerable to you. Every woman is ugly in your eyes, the grass always seems to be a dark brown when everyone else sees a healthy green, all food is ash in your mouth, all clothes are like hairshirts, and all joy is bitter to you. You hate everything that they hold dear and you have nothing but contempt for their hopes and dreams.
>>
>>27354604
>tfw understand both sides of the argument so I can't decide how I feel myself

It's frowned upon because you exist as a part of a network, whether you want to or not. You are not just the you that you are, you are also the you that is perceived by and therefore a part of others. If you kill yourself, then they are losing a part of themselves as well.
>>
>>27354884
but that doesn't remove the fact that killing yourself for a cause is far less selfish than killing yourself because you feel like it
>>
>>27354604
>why is suicide so frowned upon by normies?
because normies hate weak people
>>
>>27355238

So if they're weak then they can't survive so they should just speed up the process, don't you think?
>>
>suicide is selfish
since when did people care about other people's lives?
>>
because it disproves their worldview that life is fair, important or worth living
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.