[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody know how cannabis interacts with antidepressants?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: 1454206789342.jpg (72 KB, 480x638) Image search: [Google]
1454206789342.jpg
72 KB, 480x638
Does anybody know how cannabis interacts with antidepressants?
>>
>smoking weed as an adult

Idiot. Please grow up, granted this entire board is full of manchildren but you don't have to make it worse
>>
>>27353830

I'm on 100mg of Zoloft. I smoke weed every day. Weed feels the same as ever. Antidepressants feel the same as ever.

It differs from each person. But you should be fine, senpai.
>>
>>27353853

Okay mom, any more wisdom to share? Like how many dicks can you fit in your body at once?

I mean you personally
>>
>>27353853
Dude weed lmao

Originaldo senpai
>>
File: no.png (34 KB, 424x599) Image search: [Google]
no.png
34 KB, 424x599
>>27353830
Textless posts are prohibited on this imageboard
>>
>>27353918
>how many dicks he can fit
>this is wisdom according to stoners
>sarcasm is supposedly funny to stoners
great job. why don't you google cannabis you fucking idiot? you might as well be asking how black coffee interacts with calcium supplements. you're not as special as you think for getting high.
>>
File: 1430105985943.jpg (179 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
1430105985943.jpg
179 KB, 540x810
>>27353946
It has text tho
>>
>>27353853
smoking weed as an adult is what a mature person would do

smoking it as a child has permanent effects on your brain

that's like calling someone an idiot for waiting till their an adult to drink alcohol, and then saying only kids should do that.
>>
>>27353976
>hey bruh i'm super mature, come smoke this weed with me because I can't enjoy my life

>YEA MAN, WE'RE SO MATURE FUCKING KINDS
>>
who knows?

its all hearsay.
If you've deemed yourself in such difficulties that you need to get anti depressants to help then you should take some responsibility for yourself and give the meds a chance to work properly...... i.e avoid things like weed and alcohol for a while.

anti-depressants take a few weeks to work properly and weed takes a while to get out of your system. if you've been a constant weed smoker for a while you might find that your mood dips and you develop insomnia for a while after stopping (it effects me for about a week when I take a tolerance break).

Try and avoid becoming reliant on weed or meds to control your mood. they can give you breathing space to sort your life out but thats about it.
>>
File: grandpa.jpg (19 KB, 262x263) Image search: [Google]
grandpa.jpg
19 KB, 262x263
>>27353970
Tell me more and give me a trial issue of your newsletter
>>
>>27353830
if either of those things affect you in any way, you're a weak homo. to anyone who isn't a weak homo, that question makes about as much sense as "how does sitting interact with waiting?"
>>
>>27353830
whos this semen demon? originalfambotpls
>>
>>27353830
It doesn't. No anti depressant has any effect on cannabinoid receptors just as weed doesn't have an effect on your dopamine or serotonin.

They work in completely different ways but that doesn't mean you wouldn't feel different when on both, because they're both acting at the same time.

>ITT: a bunch of people who know jack shit.
>>
>>27354025
Underage b&
Weed doesnt fuck your shit up anymore than coffee but antidepressants are up there with meth and benzos
>>
>>27354108
>antidepressants are up there with meth and benzos

This is the jack shit I was talking about. That is completely false, anti depressants do not systematically destroy your organs.

Before you go any further, show me where you're getting this information from.
>>
>>27354097
i take it there's been extensive clinical trials regarding the interaction between anti-depressants and the myriad of chemical compounds found in cannabis (thc, cbd, cbn etc etc).

I take it we're not relying on the subjective experiences of degenerates posting on erowid...or other such bro-science ...because that would be a bit silly
>>
Weed and modern antidepressants such as SSRIs and SNRIs are thought to interact less frequently and less severely than in TCA or MAOI antidepressants. Weed may increase the antidepressant levels in the blood and possibly increase sedation effects. It's important to note though, significant study has not been done on modern antidepressantand marijuana interactions.2
>>
reminder antidepressants make you suicidal and cause brain damage and many other *zap* side effects

http://www.toxicpsychiatry.com/antidepressant-brain-damage/
>>
>>27354155
mixing mirtazapine with alcohol made me want to kill myself .

I always thought "feelings of suicide" was a bizarre side-effect until i experienced it
>>
>>27354153
Thanks captain obvious. If you're going to reply to me do it without the retarded sarcasm and actually add something productive.

>>27354155
This isn't new... Do you know how they decide if an anti depressant is good or not? This is but one of the tests done. They drown thousands of mice and take an average of when the mouse stops fighting, they then dose another few thousand mice up and do the same thing, if the average time goes up you have an anti depressant.

Research what you take people anyone on anti depressants should know this. They do not however, destroy your organs and cause physical changes in your brain.
>>
>>27354218
you post like an arrogant tween with a rudimentry understanding of the issues at hand. don't be so sensitive
>>
>>27354247
>don't be so sensitive
I'm not the one who used the lowest form of witt after being insulted by something online. Drop the defence the hostility and grow up.
>>
>>27354218
>drown mice
they would be dead if that happened. They actually just make them swim because that's stressful to them since they don't want to drown

they don't actually take mice and hold them underwater till they drown
>>
>>27354280
no u

bloxmootblox
>>
>>27354286
I could have worded it better but yes you're correct, they wait till they stop fighting, aka swimming.
>>
>>27353830
Dude weeeeed
>>
>>27353872
Kek he thinks he knows shit, but he knows shit.
>>
File: mhsv352vsuvsdiaa6rtj.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mhsv352vsuvsdiaa6rtj.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>27354344
Lmao take a look at this original comment
>>
>>27354368
Although his method of testing is completely and utterly wrong he is correct. See >>27354097 Or go to ncbi and read some journals yourself.
>>
>>27354385
they're actually here to make hubrids (hybrids that look 100% human, but have just enough alien dna to do what the real aliens want them to do here)
>>
File: 1454458124021.jpg (100 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
1454458124021.jpg
100 KB, 600x620
>>27354434
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFUqmX4o-X0
>>
it will probably make you need more meds. weed causes mental illness.
>>
>>27354602
There is no proof of that however we do have proof it exacerbates pre-existing conditions.
>>
>>27354602
true.
my brother used to be a straight up chad/normie

he smoked some skunk for a while and now he's a paranoid wreck who talks to himself
>>
>>27354644
that's only true for some people
>>
>>27354644
>>27354698
See
>>27354632

oc89741
>>
>>27354727
>something is notorious for doing something
>lots of people can say they've seen it happen
>well it's not true because these professionals haven't seen it themselves
>they never will either because testing it is illegal

you're like those scientists that wanted to study if bird can feel fear, then had to publish that they can, as if it was something never known before. "Oh but now that we published it now we can say it is true". Get out, just leave
>>
>>27354823
>2 anons on an anonymous image board say they've seen it
>It must be fact that's how things work
This is why we thought the earth was flat (and some fuckwitts still do)

Grow up.
>>
>>27354865
>thinks the idea that weed makes people paranoid was birthed in this thread
I think it's you who needs to grow up
>>
What's really happening is young fags experience first symptoms of mental illness and start to self medicate.
>>
>>27353830
weed makes you more depressed
>>
>>27354925
Your just changed your argument from weed causes long term mental illnesses to weed causes paranoia and you haven't specified if that's when high or on the long term.

You're using tactics worse than a straw man, I'm not paying full attention and the fallacy escapes me right now but there is a term for what you're doing.
>>
>>27354964
it has short and long term negative effects

only certain people experience the long term ones. the short term ones go away after stopping use, unless you started using while underage
>>
>>27354998
I'd be sure to put that in my next thesis.
>Grade 7 APA referencing; some guy on 4chan has seen it 3/2016.
>>
>>27354698
Yes, it's all relative.
I mean cigarettes cause cancer but someone can go their entire lives smoking 20 packs a day and not get cancer, but doing it, you're putting yourself in an unncessary risk?
Why? Because it makes you look cool?
Because Rasta's do it and you think they look cool?
Because weed is illegal and because you smoke it that means you're a real a rebel! Fight the power dude!
See weed is just pointless after a while, I agree that most people go through a weed phase, it does kind of help open the third eye, a shortcut I guess for those who lack any spiritual awareness but in the long term it becomes toxic and not good for you.
Also why is everyone proud to be a stoner?
How many people do you see with 420 in their names of posting selfies of themselves smoking?
Why do you guys take pics of yourself smoking weed and post all over your social media?
Is it for the attention?
Please tell me.
>>
>>27354097
this
and drugs like xnax are in the receptors as the weed.
>>
>>27355064
I did it because people kept talking about how it changes your perspective and gives you insights so I wanted to see what that was all about

I never kid it till I was 21 and only after I researched it's negative effects to make sure I wasn't getting into anything stupid

I know a lot of kids do it because it makes them feel naughty. I'm not one of those people. Those are the same kids who think getting drunk and having sex are intrinsically cool. When really it's just stupid
>>
>>27354003
>because I can't enjoy my life

Some things are better high. Some things are better drunk. Who gives a fuck what catalyst you use to enjoy life. The goal for most is in fact to ENJOY life.
>>
>>27354003
lol i do enjoy my life, but i like to get high some times, much like i like to play football sometimes

are you retarded
>>
>>27353830

Dont do this my friend. It makes mustard gas.
>>
>>27353830
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-947-marijuana.aspx?activeingredientid=947&activeingredientname=marijuana
>>
>>27355215
This is a meme.

Nothing is really 'better' high. Just different. Perhaps sitting. I had a good sit whilst high, but on second thought maybe that was the couch.

Yeah, it was definitely the couch. Ignore this cali-normie shit.
>>
>>27353853
Great bait!
>>
That a good question Jacob
>>>/qa/
>>
>be me
>qa closed
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.