[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no work experience What do I write in my CV? Should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: jobless-288x260[1].jpg (18 KB, 288x260) Image search: [Google]
jobless-288x260[1].jpg
18 KB, 288x260
>tfw no work experience

What do I write in my CV? Should I just leave the work experience section empty?
PS haven't done my internship yet, so I guess there still is some hope, r-right?
>>
>>27353669
Do an internship, unpaid of course. People without experience are actually a liability because you drain resources from the people who are training you, be grateful for the opportunity for more unpaid work (just like school used to be).
>>
Don't include a work experience section if you don't have experience and hope for the best until you actually experience. :^)
>>
File: 1396764278279.jpg (74 KB, 506x556) Image search: [Google]
1396764278279.jpg
74 KB, 506x556
>>27354165
>be grateful for the opportunity for more unpaid work

>>27353669

I don't know how you faggots have managed to not work at all your entire life. I had my first job when I was 16, then my second at 17, and my third at 19. The third one I worked for 6 years.
>>
>>27354204
I don't know how you faggots have managed to not work at all your entire life. I had my first job when I was 16, then my second at 17, and my third at 19. The third one I worked for 6 years.

Flipping burgers, right?
>>
>>27354165
yet another generation of these asholes
>>
>>27354204
Many people fall for the academia meme and think wasting years in college will magically grant them a well paying job.
>>
>>27354165
they need to do away with practices like that
>>
>>27354204
>I don't know how you faggots have managed to not work at all your entire life. I had my first job when I was 16, then my second at 17, and my third at 19. The third one I worked for 6 years.
Simply because they don't have to work in the immediate and not doing work is easier than doing work. There is no drive to gain employment. Pretty simple, what's not to understand?
>>
File: 1397827445423.jpg (16 KB, 281x440) Image search: [Google]
1397827445423.jpg
16 KB, 281x440
>>27354227

Only the second was burger-flipping (though not at a fastfood place). Third was retail.

I was in college during (and unfortunately, after) my retail job. My degree has done pretty much nothing for me.

Now I'm a substitute teacher and I fucking hate it and actually miss my retail job. I guess I just grew up in an area where everyone in high school over the age of 16 had a crappy job of some sort.
>>
>>27354315
substitute teacher, eh
>>
Why is it they'll hire 16 - 18 year olds with no experience but not 18+ with no experience? Is it the job types available?
>>
Do unpaid internships, do volunteering. It doesn't matter that you'll get no money. I never understand that line of thinking. Your two choices are :
>Volunteer or whatever, get experience but get no money, look for a job as you do so.
>Don't volunteer because it "doesn't pay.", get no money, look for job.

This time next year, you could have either gotten some experience on your belt but no money, or you'll have no experience and no money because volunteering "doesn't pay."
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.