[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had the chance to gain eternal happiness, that is, an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1386940767-2013-12-13-14-12-10.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1386940767-2013-12-13-14-12-10.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
If you had the chance to gain eternal happiness, that is, an existence from there-on-out of only happiness and no worries. Would you go for it?
I mean, would you give up lifes ups and downs, knowing that you would be absolutely happy that way? I don't want to argue about what your personal definition of happiness is, the way the total bliss is achieved doesn't matter in this. I am talking about the achieved state/feeling of happiness with an eternal duration (imagine a fairy wish or somesort of everlasting drug). This could mean that you just freeze in your tracks and never move again: no boredom, no regrets, no worries, no reason to change anything, no reason to think or talk, because nothing bothers you and there is nothing more to gain. why would you say 'no'?
>>
>>27352562
I alraedy signed myself up for heaven, so yes.
>>
>>27352688
so you are perfectly fine with the idea of a full-stop of reality aslong as you can't feel any regrets about it afterwards?
>>
I think my depression has given me certain insights into reality and human nature, a certain "deeper" level of thought. As in, I know people who are utterly vapid. Completely hollow. It's as if no thought passes through their mind. I couldn't exist like that. So if I had to start afresh, as if my depression never happened, I would decline. If though, you could get rid of my depression from now onwards, and I could retain my experiences, what reason is there to say no?
>>
>>27352929
>I know people who are utterly hollow

Alright, let's settle down there Neo.

I am talking about the total state of extacy and fullfillment as described in the OP. This would mean that you can not regret it afterwards, only total satisfaction, meaning that existence would be absolutely perfect without you doing anything, which includes never moving or thinking or feeling anything other than happiness.
>>
>>27353066

Alright, then sure. If I could have a perfect existence of course I would take it. Why would anyone not? This seems a truism.
>>
>>27353265
What if the perfect existence would be absolutely static?
>>
>>27352562
I want to go to a place of pure and utter neutrality first, somewhere where all knowledge exists and the entire timeline(s) of the universe has already been written and all memories are stored

No pressures but not pleasures either

Then I'd decide what my next move would be
>>
>>27353860
And why would you do so?
>>
>>27352812
>The answer is death
Haha. Bravo. Yes, let's all kill ourselves because that will solve everything.
>>
>>27353907
Because it's what I want to do
Informed decisions > uninformed decisions
It's better to be manipulated by a desire to know more than it is to be manipulated by the desire to simply be content, imo, but that's up to personal opinion I guess.
>>
>>27352562
Happiness is relative. If you were happy all the time then you would just stop noticing, because there'd be nothing to compare it to anymore.

You wouldn't even realise you were happy, so what would be the point?
>>
>>27354269
>>27354348
Are you the same person?
I quite like this.
>>
>>27352562

was this picture taken in Poland?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.