[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Responding to being a NEET
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: bp0.jpg (48 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
bp0.jpg
48 KB, 640x512
How do you all respond to being a NEET when people bother you about it? I have to go this family thing soon and all of my relatives are happy, successful and rich.

I on the other hand am a depressed, jobless retard NEET who is broke. They are all doctors, engineers, accountant, grad students, etc

I'm going to have to spend an entire week putting up with

"Oh you haven't found a job yet"
"Oh why can't you get a job"
"Oh why are you always so quiet"
"Why dont you have a gf"
"Why don't you get out there and meet people"

Some of these people care about me, but a lot of them will ask just to feel better about themselves too.

Does r9k have any tips for how to deal with these questions in a non-confrontational, friendly and funny way? It takes a lot to not want to start yelling and shit.
>>
why even bother going?
>>
I'm a suicidal drug addict who's fucking losing it. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>27352073
I care about my family it would be rude not to show up
>>
File: TOFn2zd.jpg (142 KB, 880x1319) Image search: [Google]
TOFn2zd.jpg
142 KB, 880x1319
>>27352122
How did my post remind you? Also I hope things get better for you anon.
>>
I don't know man, I've been working on these kinds of confortations for a while now.

I'm really annoyed when my drunk relatives start questioning me on about why I don't have a gf. I'll just respond that I don't want to talk about it, that's all I got for now and I have stopped being friendly towards that kind of questioning or pressuring.

It's sad that they don't realize that that kind of questioning is not helpful at all, it is a kind of microagression. They are fustrated that the rules of their logic don't apply to you so they feel that there is something wrong with you.
>>
>>27352174
I don't think they will. I think I'm going to chose a city to go die in.
>>
>>27352191
>They are fustrated that the rules of their logic don't apply to you so they feel that there is something wrong with you.
Yeah the thing that pisses me off the most is they assume that because their life worked out, you can just do what they did and everything will work out for you too

The worst is when they give you nonspecific aimless advice like "You've just gotta get out there!" or "Apply to more jobs, lots of people are hiring!"

>>27352223
I can't speak to your particular situation but I've always thought that if I was at that point I'd just travel the world. Its probably really hard to do that and I haven't thought of the logistics, but I'm just thinking out loud.
>>
>>27351997
you respond by not going
you respond by never going to family things
you respond by disassociating from your family because there is no way around those questions you don't want to answer
>>
>>27351997
>how to deal with these questions in a non-confrontational, friendly and funny way

You can't. You laugh and ignore them.
>>
So far I haven't run into this yet. But, some friends are a bit jealous about my status, since they're still busting their hump while I have escaped.

But, I've told many people how I became NEET, so they're free to follow if they want.
>>
22 KV here. My relatives know im a fucking social autist and don't bother me about it.

they want me to work but know i lack the social skills, jokes on them though, because they don't know im a professional furry artist making a mint!
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.