[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you a slave to trends, /r9k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: americans.jpg (369 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
americans.jpg
369 KB, 1296x968
Are you a slave to trends, /r9k/?
>>
>>27351206
I'm surprised his kids are white.
I guess that's an improvement to how things are atm.
>>
>>27351206
If you are on 4chan you have to say yes.
>>
>>27351232
If you look closely, you'll notice that his kids don't look like him at all. I think they're his wife's kids.
>>
>>27351206
I guess. I'm a hipster and don't try to be. I get into stuff then ~a year later it becomes popular and I'm moved onto the next thing.
>>
>>27351340
What are you into currently?
>>
File: notacuck.png (23 KB, 172x76) Image search: [Google]
notacuck.png
23 KB, 172x76
he makes money and pops pussy

he's doing better than most people on this website so I don't see why this picture is supposed to be so funny other than the whole consumer thing
>>
>>27351346
If I told you, that would ruin my delusionary world.
>>
File: apple.jpg (791 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
apple.jpg
791 KB, 2048x1536
>>27351418
Are the guy in my pic? lmao, cuck
>>
not really
my purchasing is based on my needs and budget, and fairly extensive research
aesthetics factor into my decisions, and i tend to favor brands i have experience with
but besides that i'm reasonably utilitarian
>>
>>27351517
>samsung tv
>funding competitors
>>
I think Macs are worth the pricetag - they're a lot higher quality and have great resale value. I hate stupid poorfags "My fat ugly Windows laptop is just as good" - no it's not stupid, that's why you won't get more than $200 for it.
>>
>>27351937
nice baiterino senpai
>>
>>27351945
PCs have shit resale value - is that up for debate, dumb dumb?
>>
>>27351973
who gives a shit about resale value when you're paying 3x as much upfront for the same hardware?
>>
File: 1453502031913.jpg (1 MB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
1453502031913.jpg
1 MB, 1296x968
>>27351206
[right version]
>>
>>27351993
Most people who buy Mac want the different OS and the feel/look of it being a premium product. It's just a bonus feature that they are good for reselling - even broken Macs still sell for pretty high amounts. The PCs that have died on me are thrown into the garbage because they're worthless.
>>
File: 1458583723830.jpg (28 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
1458583723830.jpg
28 KB, 680x583
>>27351937
>laptop
fucking what
I just built a desktop like a real neet
fuck off normie cunt
go suck steve jobs' dead dick
>>
>>27352061
It depends how well you maintain it, i'm on my 3rd built computer now, scrapped some parts from the last 2, CPU/GPU/PSU even some mobos retain value, providing you actually keep your desktop clean/dust free. Even sold a fan controller from my last unit.
>>
>>27352061
having used a mac extensively, i despise the os and the interface
the only advantage it has over windows for me is being unix-based
there are plenty of windows laptops available now with very high build quality, better specs, and lower prices
that being said, i own a razer blade 14, because i had the money and wanted the power and build quality
it costs less than than the closest model of retina macbook, has the same dimensions, weight, etc, a better screen (with touch), a better cpu, twice as much memory, and a ridiculously overpowered discrete gpu
>>
>>27352081
I have both, though I get back pain from sitting in a chair (it enforces an incorrect posture), so I need to lay down.
>>
>>27352061
>complains about poorfags
>but muh resale value
Kek
>>
>>27351993
Most pc laptops are garbage designed and have fans in them that sound like dying wheezing goats. Plus if you're not leet enough you'll be running windows on it instead of some iteration of Linux and have all the frustrations associated with that such as constant updating and bugs.

You'll end up having to replace the typical PC in just as many years, and put way more money into it than a Mac in just as many years.

As much as I get why Apple has a reputation for douchiness, their products are normally the best designed.
>>
>>27352039
my side
>>
>>27352141
The point was to emphasize people agree Mac is a premium product; the secondhand prices wouldn't be so high if people didn't agree.
>>
>>27352167
>fans in them that sound like dying wheezing goats

Worked on a place where we all were forced to have macbooks (well at least they gave us them) and trust me, the macbook pro 17" gets not only hot as an oven it sounds like a fucking vacuum cleaner and all I was doing is making some build in Xcode for some iphone app shit.

I hate mac shit, I hate laptops period as well.
>>
>>27352125
Whats the heat transfer on the blade like, I was always worried with that much power it would overheat/require cooling pad for any gaming.
>>
>>27352167
you won't have to put any money into it if you're not some dipshit who spills water in it or gets crumbs in every exposed port
the average windows laptop being shit might have been true five years ago but these days it's downright easy to find thin, lightweight, powerful ones for less than $1000
and if you're willing to compromise on performance and looks you can still get solid ones for $500 or so
plus apple doesn't know shit about thermal design, that's why all their shit burns peoples' calves and why they no longer offer nvidia cards in any of their laptops, they don't know how to deal with the heat
>>
As usual, all the apple users call everyone else "poorfags" when their consumerist-drone-slave feelings get hurt

You only bought your apple product because of the image and status it gives you and so you can fit in with other normies. Just admit it.
>>
>>27352252
i never use a cooling pad, it's just sitting on my desk, it gets up to about 95 C internally playing gta v on max settings at 1080p
the hottest point is around the power button and top rear of the keyboard, the bottom doesn't get as hot but i probably wouldn't play something that intense with it on my lap
>>
>>27352322
Ahh fair enough, i've got quite a bulky laptop with a 960m and 4720hq, the keyboard gets hot but I play with a controller usually, I also use a cooling pad just for peace of mind. It's amazing how far laptops have come in the last few years.
>>
>>27352360
yeah it really amazes me sometimes, a few years ago i wouldn't have thought it would be possible to get this much power in a laptop .7" thick
>>
>>27352218
Normalfags are dumb sheep, what's your point?
>>
that's a winner father right there.

big white family.

I am going to assume he's not working in tech, and probably went to the computer store asking for the most expensive item, and got that, just because in his innocence and ignorance, that leads to a better product.

nevertheless his intentions prove him to be an excellent father. too good for this world - I hope their family survives the libkike onslaught and manages to produce more kids next generation.
>>
File: SDV_twitch_boxart.png (105 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
SDV_twitch_boxart.png
105 KB, 600x800
>>27351206
typically avoid most normie trends
but i still fall for meme magic
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.