[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No More Myths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: fucking retarded.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
fucking retarded.gif
2 MB, 500x375
Arcanine loves to say "marriage isn't worth it because of divorce and cheating"
Here are some facts:
1) The actual rate of divorce for first marriages is *no more than* about 18%; and it has been declining for 2 generations
>see: Keller, 2014; Doherty, 2011; Parker-Pope, 2010; Baker, 2010; the CDC; the Census; the GSS; the Ohio State Family Survey
-"B-b-but fewer people are getting married!' you cry? Yeah, well, learn the difference between rate of outcome and volume of participation
>The myth of '50% of all marriages' is because reporters make shit up
2) The actual rate of infidelity in marriage is much lower than PUAs, arcanine, and other morons think. 18% of sexually active people who date for more than 3 years cheat; 21% of people cohabiting without marriage cheat; only about 5% of married people cheat.
>See: Blow & Hartnett, 2005; Wedermann, 1997; Atkins, Baucom, & Jacobsen, 2001; Forste & Tanfer, 1996 and 2011; the CDC; the GSS; the Ohio State Family Survey
Yes, they control for deception and false answers
3) Paternity fraud (i.e., cuckoldry) is very, very low with genetic assays showing the general rate of false paternity in the US at about 0.8%
>See: Ashton, Bellis, Hughes, & Hughes, 2005; Bopp, 2006; Draper, 2005; King & Jobling, 2009; Gilding, 2005
This is actual general genetic testing; the myth comes from the fact that about 18%-25% of the time a man asks for a test because he is *already* pretty sure the kid isn't his he is correct.
So - stop basing decisions on myths.
>>
File: model and dude.jpg (58 KB, 560x409) Image search: [Google]
model and dude.jpg
58 KB, 560x409
>>27348895
Also:
"10% of men fuck 90% of women" is also a myth, and a laughable one.
First, the number of women who were virgins on their wedding night is about 18% of all married women.
Second, the number of virgin men and virgin women is roughly the same.
Third, the number of women with a 'high total count of partners' is about the same as the percentage of men with 'high total count of partners'
--For the second and third parts to make sense that demands that about 10% of men have a LOT of sex, but mainly with about 10% of women
IN REALITY, a small number of men are very promiscuous with a small number of women, a small number of men and women are life-long virgins, and everyone else has sex with 1-5 partners among themselves.
>>
How about don't get married cause there's no fucking point.

> "honey, I love you. I wanna be with you forever. "
>"dope. Let's make this moment hella romantic by getting the government to document it"
>>
Stop shilling jewlet

>2017-1
>falling for the marriage-jew

Nice try though
>>
>>27348895
>>27349049

Thanks for the citations, OP. Unfortunately, incels, PUAs, and MGTOWs have based their ideologies on unfalsifiable pseudoscience and will simply move the goalposts. It's good to see someone fighting their nonsense with empirical facts, though.
>>
File: 1457527328707.png (83 KB, 921x735) Image search: [Google]
1457527328707.png
83 KB, 921x735
>He still thinks that I'm going to fall for the vaginal jew.
>>
>>27349062
Did you read this part?
>18% of sexually active people who date for more than 3 years cheat; 21% of people cohabiting without marriage cheat; only about 5% of married people cheat.
?
Either you didn't or you didn't get it.
If you don't marry her the odds of her cheating on you are four to five times higher.
Plus, as has been shown by the CDC, GSS, Ohio State Marriage Survey, and about 5,000 multi-variate controlled longitudinal studies if you marry then you :
Make more money; are more likely to get a promotion; are healthier; live longer; have more friends; have a higher quality of life; have sex more often; have higher quality sex; and a lot more.
Don't try the 'correlation isn't causation' bullshit: these number improve within 90 days of getting married if you have been dating or cohabitating, even for years, so the correlation is so strong it matters.
And drop the 'self-selection' BS, too - like I said, this stuff is true for atheists, religious, rich, poor, cohabitated, etc.
Marriage is scientifically confirmed to be objectively good for you, *especially for men*.
>>
>>27349104
>incels, PUAs, and MGTOWs
But you repeat yourself.
I think the perfect example of how stupid Millennials are is Roosh. Know why> he proudly proclaims he is a mama's boy that couldn't talk to girls, but now if he goes to where skanks hang out looking for sex and he talks to 40 or 50 of them he might get laid *and think that makes him a genius*.
But the reason he is the perfect example is - lots of other Millennials *agree*.
>>
>>27348895
Fuck off JIDF no one believes your shitty lies
>>
File: troll police.jpg (31 KB, 599x314) Image search: [Google]
troll police.jpg
31 KB, 599x314
>>27349246
>Single men are sicker, poorer, and more miserable
>Single women are the same
>Children raised by single parents are sicker, poorer, more likely to be criminals
And you, genius that you are, think encouraging marriage is BAD.
>>
File: Rockwell-Thanksgiving.jpg (350 KB, 873x1200) Image search: [Google]
Rockwell-Thanksgiving.jpg
350 KB, 873x1200
>>27348895
Another myth
>It is impossible to find a virgin wife
Fact - 18% of all women in first marriages have only ever had sex with their husband
Fact - This number *increases* as the average age of the wife gets lower (i.e., it is MORE common now than 30 years ago)
Fact - the number of men and women remaining virgins has been increasing for 20 years
This means - men are MORE likely to find a virgin bride today that their fathers or even grandfathers were
>>
>>27349583
That isn't what he said at all you fucking idiot. He said you were lying. Quit trying to strawman faggot.
>>
>>27348895
>Yes, they control for deception and false answers
as if that means anything. You can't do that
>>
>>27348895
Divorce rate in America is 50%. All I had to do was google it. That's 1 out of every 2 marriages that fail. So you're a liar and an idiot.
>>
>>27350142
Literally putting half of what you own on a fucking coin flip.
>>
>>27350102
>Post names of studies
>one guys says it is lies
Yeah, he's a troll. Or JIDF himself.
>>
>>27350141
>I don't know fuckall about surveys
FTFY
>>
>>27350170
How do they do it then?
>>
>>27350170

Typical surveys do not control for lying, deception, and otherwise fall answers. They are better than in person questionnaires, but not by much.

retard
>>
>>27350142
>>27350149
Sweet fuck you people are fucking stupid
>'Here is a list of citations for scientific analysis of divorce rates"
>"hurr, I looked at the first blog post on google, durrr"
Divorce rate for first marriages = ~15%, max of about 18%, AND DROPPING.
I already posted all the places to check that out.
>>
>>27350142

That's the overall divorce rate. It's skewed by the fact that 2nd marriages and 3rd marriages have divorce rates in the low 70s, and any marriage after that almost never lasts unless one spouse dies. First marriages have a divorce rate far lower than 50%.
>>
>>27350212
and its even higher for us beta males, so why should we take the fucking risk? Most girls won't even sign a pre-nup.
>>
>>27350174
>>27350201
>I have no experience with multivariate surveys with controls and correlation samples, never mind meta-analysis of multiple surveys
English majors, then?
>>
>>27350231
nah, Law.
Still haven't explained how your claim is true, which tells me you dont have much faith in it
>>
>>27349139
Yeah, I'm just going to ahead and say your sample sizes were probably extremely small and selective. I don't buy into that shit.

I intend on getting married one day maybe more towards my late 30s or 40s, but most marriages I've encountered are unions between two wrecks who decided to get married and have kids because they had nothing else going well in their life.
>>
>>27350231

Look at the surveys these papers used. did you even read them? And meta-analysis doesn't remove lying

retard
>>
>>27350226
>I am going to use a term made up by internet scam artists to sell ebooks as if it meant something
FTFY
>Most girls won't even sign a pre-nup.
How would you know? I mean, it isn't as if you have ever talked to any, right?
According to the ABA the number of prenups is rising, BTW
>>
>>27350231

How do you control for cheating? or divorce? you either are, or you aren't
>>
>>27350212
Don't blame them; your posts only challenge their right to bitch all day long.
>>
>>27350249
If you are in Law school then you know how to follow the citations, and if you know half as much as you claim you can then read the methodology and understand it for yourself, can't you?
>"Either read all of these surveys and summarize how they work for me of you're wrong"
doesn't work in Law or with me
>>
>>27350295
>I mean, it isn't as if you have ever talked to any, right?
I've talked to plenty, the general consensus I've gotten from women is that the women takes a huge risk in marriage by taking off from her career, having kids, etc, and therefore they think its really selfish of a guy to make them sign a prenup. They believe that the man should have to take a risk.
>>
>>27350328
>Parker-Pope, 2010

lmao "the sustainable marriage quiz"\

MUH PSYCHOMETRICS ARE VALID
>>
>>27350328
Yeah I can follow them and all but you still haven't explained how they control for lying, that's what I was asking about
>>
File: image_86.jpg (111 KB, 960x666) Image search: [Google]
image_86.jpg
111 KB, 960x666
>>27348895

I still don't like those odds

Not as bad as a 50/50 chance of failure but still high enough to convince me not to risk anything
>>
>>27349139
I think it's the other way around, if you

>Make more money; are more likely to get a promotion; are healthier; live longer; have more friends; have a higher quality of life; have sex more often; have higher quality sex

you are more likely to get married.
- economics student
>>
>>27350421
Fucking kek

This
>>
>>27350295
>>I am going to use a term made up by internet scam artists to sell ebooks as if it meant something
so you genuinely do not believe that betas and alphas exist?
lol you poor little retard.
>>
>>27350231
Stats grad, you naive, mathematically illiterate undergrad.
>>
File: neckbeardknowles.jpg (30 KB, 400x257) Image search: [Google]
neckbeardknowles.jpg
30 KB, 400x257
>>27350304
Not too long ago I did a presentation to parents of teens on career prospects.
I showed the numbers that prove that getting a trade is objectively better college for anyone who is not going to a top 30% STEM/Ivy League/Seven Sisters university and even then only for a handful of majors.

I had *furious* parents shaking with anger that I would lie to them.
I had 12 pages of *citations* from the BLS, DoC, and hundreds of other groups, academic, commercial, and governmental. I had numbers from everyone from the universities themselves to hiring managers to tax records.
There was NO WAY for them to deny that what I said wat cold, hard fact.
I had one mother who had liteal foam in the corners of her mouth, shaking her finger at me and SCREAMING,
"I don't care about numbers, or analysis, or facts! My son is going to college for a degree, any degree, and that's that!"
See, to those parents a 4 year degree was a marker of success *for the parents*. If their kid got a BA that means that they had done their job as parents.
It was a checkmark on their list of 'parental accomplishments'. Even if Little Bobby or Little Sally ended up in debt and unemployable they could tell themselves and their friends that their kids had a college degree.
The same thing is going on here.
"OF COURSE I could get married - if I wanted to!" shouts the robot, "but with the divorce rate at 99.95%, 135% of wives cheating on their husbands,m and 415% of children not being yours I am SMART to not get married!"
Thing is, some people who *could* get married believe this bullshit too
>>
>>27350447
It's an outdated methodology that not even behavioral biologists studying wolves--those who coined it-- even use anymore because it isn't anywhere near an adequate model.

It usually is just a great way to notice insecurity in someone, though.
>>
File: 1458617557972.png (28 KB, 957x751) Image search: [Google]
1458617557972.png
28 KB, 957x751
>>27350212
I don't believe you or the surveys done. Everything in society points to the opposite of what you say, as well as my anecdotal experience. I think the "dropping sivorce rate" is a myth itself, since when divorces happen the State takes a portion of the resources split through preceedings and federal services. Marriage is an institution from which the State benefits monetarily; it may as well be called a business becuse of how much wealth is funneled into and after it.

There is also the problem of regressive female sexuality (reverting to harem/cad sexuality or hypergamy), of state sanctioned promiscuity and protection for said behavior, the decreasing marriage rates in capitalist societies (see the "herbivore male" in Japan, the "NEET manchild" in America, the various "man-up" programs presented to the youth by churches, pro-marriage groups) and the worsening house market for newlyweds for young and old alike.

I've already had a stint with this kind of information before. The conclusion is marriage in the west, secular or no, is a generally failing institution that is being milked for tangential taxpayer dollars by special interest groups. I'm not going to merely assume you're correct for posting a 2 year old SELF-REPORTED survey from Ohio state university you banal shit. The wisdom of the common man is right.
>>
>there are people on this board who complain about "muh white genocide" and then say they refuse to form stable families because women are evil
lol
>>
>>27350443
>>27350421
Problem is in couples that cohabitate for 3+ years they do not see the benefits of marriage. If they then get married their promotions, health, etc. begin to improve to the levels seen only in married couples *even if nothing else changes*.
Now, what do you call it when a change in a single variable has broader effects?
Also - lrn2read; this was actually addressed in the post you linked to, genius
>>
>>27350499
I'll take sitting on a computer all day as a software engineer over something physical, and still make more money, since I'm doing EE/CS at Berkeley, tradecuck. Note: Average starting for our EE/CS program graduates is 95-100k, straight out. we're the biggest feeder for Google.

Bio and chem majors are pretty fucked, though. Making 50k a year as a lab tech must be infuriating
>>
>>27350499
I hate most of the people who post on this board because they just want to bitch for the sake of it. In other words, when they are confronted with actual fact or information they say "No buddy, let me tell you how (miserable) it is" and then they wonder why everything is so shitty.

I hate people who think divorce means something bad (assuming it is simply splitting up with no vengeance). It's impossible to tell if a relationship will be compatible for your whole life - if divorce rates were lower in the past, it was because more people believed in that "I took a vow" crap.
>>
>cites self-reported surveys

Jesus Fucking Christ, are people really this dumb?
>>
>>27350527
there is clear line of winners and losers in men, the have and the have-nots. The small group of men who fuck the majority of women, while the rest of the guys struggle to get even one lay. If you cant see this then you just dont pay any attention to social dynamics. I'll give you an example from my own life.
>at party with a bunch of normalfags
>some chad walks up to me, grabs my hand, and puts it against a stacy's butt
>she turns around, starts screaming at me and calling me a pervert before i have a chance to explain anything
>slightly drunk and also terrified, so can't get the words out
>eventually Chad tells her it was him who did it, they both laugh and walk off without saying a word to me
You see, I was the beta in this situation. I was not worthy enough to touch this girl's butt, especially without her permission.
But she was totally fine with this Chad grabbing her ass, she thought it was funny and cute. They probably fucked later that night.
Do you know why? Because there are alphas and betas in the world. Its just how it is. Some guys have a free pass to grope girls and call them sluts and whores, while the rest of us would get arrested for such behavior.
>>
>>27350566
even if there were statistically significant improvements in a 90 day period after marriage, it'd be hard to discern why marriage is something that occurs around these changes. There's a solid case for both sides. But i'll contend that marriage is a financial celebration more than anything else and it's likely that the individuals are in good positions in their careers and lives when they get married.

>*especially for men*
this may be key against you, as men are still typically chosen for potential as breadwinners even though division of household labor has kinda broken down. A coming promotion or career success may very well be something that pushes couples to get married.
>>
Okay great, marriage is wonderful. Now I need to find someone worth marrying which is the bigger, actual problem.
>>
>>27350447
>A bunch of losers that couldn't get laid use terms that were abandoned by biologists as incorrect a generation before
>In a shocking twist, the terms make no sense.
My personal favorite use of Alpha and such is Heartiste's when he defines them. It is my favorite because it is so fucking funny.
Heartise describes two men
Man #1 - Tall, handsome, charming, rich, popular. Many friends, a natural leader. All women desire him, all men wish to be like him. This man has a gorgeous wife who is totally devoted to him and never cheats. he is likewise loyal and devoted to her. They have wonderful, intelligent, handsome children
Man #2 - fat, at best average appearance, not that smart, lives in his mother's basement, no friends, never seen a girl more than 3 times, poor, uneducated. On the weekends he goes to a dive bar, hits on 30-40 women and every other week fucks some random slut once
Now, according to Heartist (and agreed to by most of the Game community) Guy #1 is AT BEST a beta and guy #2 is an Alpha.
Why? Guy #2 fucks more women.
Now - tell me again that the 'alpha/beta' bullshit isn't just made-up nonsense to make people like guy #2 not suck on a shotgun
>>
>>27350475
Sure you are.
Tell me again, stats grad, how you can't control for deceit. Also include your senior advisor's email so I can send it to him for the keks
>>
>>27350658
so you're saying it'd be better if guy #2 killed himself?
Don't cut yourself on that edge, kiddo.
>>
File: r9k.png (109 KB, 982x244) Image search: [Google]
r9k.png
109 KB, 982x244
>>27348895
Anon you can't change this place
They have more issues than most boards.
They will believe what they want to believe and no amount of facts, sources, things that challenge there perception will change that

There is a big reason a lot of them become reclusive when they get older and for most it's the fact you can't keep thinking the world is against you when the very world around you shows otherwise, hell staying in the world like that leads to those on edge mutters that are near losing it.
>>
>>27350612
You clearly don't understand the concept of a model. Yes, it might still work. But anyone who isn't an idiot doesn't see the world in black and white.
>>
>>27350729
>you can't keep thinking the world is against you when the very world around you shows otherwise,
how exactly is the world showing us otherwise?
>>
>>27350542
>using the word 'hypergamy' incorrectly
Stop listening to the Game types, pal - they're con men
>>
>>27350746
I dont think its black and white, but for the most part the alpha/beta dichotomy is pretty true. There is some gray areas of course.
>>
>>27350658
This guy gets it. I'm glad at least some people are capable of fathoming such a thing as a grey area.
>>
>>27350763
Yes, that's why I never said the model was wrong. I said it was outdated and insufficient. Seriously, go read a book. Maybe if you actually educated yourself, you'd come off as more attractive to other people--those worth a shit-- in general and wouldn't spend your time bitching about "alpha/beta" shit on the internet.
>>
>>27350574
>I'm going to one of the few things you mentioned as being any good, therefore your statements about things that aren't as good suck
You're one of those guys that wonders who votes for x since no one you know likes him, right?
>>
>>27350798
>Seriously, go read a book.
Like what?
>>
File: 1458602540310.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1458602540310.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>27348895
>implying some woman would genuinely want to marry me
if a woman wanted to be my wife I would automatically assume she's scheming something
nobody could possibly "love me forever"
>>
>>27350658
PUAs are just compensating douches who try and turn themselves into a walking half time show because they KNOW they're not interesting, so they have to pretend.
>>
>>27350612
>The small group of men who fuck the majority of women
This is a myth.
see
>>27349049
also
>I had a bad experience once, so therefore...
>>
>>27350753
I don't pal. Your presumption is probably why you don't have discernment
>>
>>27350798
Who are the people who "worth a shit" to you?
>>
>>27350641
This is true, and something we all need to talk about too
>>
>>27350829
pretending to be interesting is the same fucking thing as being interesting, what is the difference?
>>
>>27350658
This. I couldn't have said it better myself. And even worse, you have a bunch of guys that beat themselves up over stuff they can't change, such as height, and they ultimately give up.

Actual fembot here. Let me just get it out of the way. Yes, I don't like short guys, under 5'11 or so, since I'm 5'8. But there are these wonderful things called preferences that vary from person to person. I'm sure you wouldn't want to date a fat girl or a girl with a physical deformity. Hell, there are even girls that don't like muscular guys, and prefer bearmode, or a little chub, but anyway

I know super hot girls that are into short men A LOT, like 5'10 girls. They're somewhat rare, but they're out there. Yes, height is pretty important, but most girls can look past it, provided you're taller than her, and you have a decent face/body. Being charismatic helps loads. Stop wallowing in self-pity over something you have no control over. Live your life to the fullest. The pieces will all fall into place, on their own.

The point is, just be the best you, you can be. Go to the gym. Go exercise. Go get a nice job. Live for yourself, and the women will come.
>>
>>27350814
Read Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson.

It might not be a verifiable model, but it'll get you at least thinking outside the box and learning what it means for things to be models and how to adequately measure their validity.
>>
>>27350833
nice source
>>27350861
I dont care about learning about models, I want to learn how to meet women.
>>
>>27350725
No.
I'm saying it would be better if you don't use obviously bullshit terms to try to model reality.
See, here's the thing
If guy #2 did NOT believe in the alpha/beta bullshit, did NOT believe myths like '10% of men fuck 90% of women', '50% of all marriages end in divorce', 'all wives cheat' etc. he would be motivated to grow and change rather than spend all of his time and money on skanks.
>>
>>27350848
No it's not. Who would pretend to be interesting unless "please like me" was the driving force? That whole Chad saying "b urself" meme is because they're natural and not acting.
>>
>>27350867
There's no point in meeting women if you don't have shit for them to meet. This post actually covered that pretty well:

>>27350856
>>
>>27350886
Normalfag here

This is a lie, dude. every lad I talk to puts on a show for these heffers, and the Chads are good at doing so. you need to spend some time in a frat, my man
>>
>>27350856
>Go exercise
>Get a nice job
>So women will come

XDDDD
>>
>>27350867
What is your source, Roosh "I can't get laid in a whorehouse' V?
>>
>>27350617
and this doesn't address the reasons for prolonged cohabitation and patterns in cohabitation. why would a romantic couple cohabit for longer than a year? because they're not ready to get married or they don't want to get married yet. There's a switch on for marriage with couples that cohabit for extended periods of time, and most researchers i've found would probably say something like "career success."

I'll also raise the issue of poor people and marriage. they don't get married. a lot of studies seem to find that poor people tend to fuck around, have babies, and cohabit, but never marry. It's typically concluded that marriage is a financial affair.

I'll agree that people are probably not as promiscuous as faggots like to believe though.

>>27350856
>Go to the gym. Go exercise. Go get a nice job. Live for yourself, and the women will come.
>wanting a person because they want a part of your nice things
>a person that does not want to be a part of making nice things or watch a nice thing grow
>a person very likely to discern compatibility on levels other than your personality and character
why would anyone want this. It's really sad imo and i'm taking myself off the market once i have nice things.
>>
>>27350856
>liking a manlet is equivalent to a guy liking a girl with a physical deformity
>if you hit the gym, exercise, and have a good paying job, then you might be dateable

Fucking kek
>>
>>27350835
Usually someone who has both their heart and their brain in the right place and treats others the way he/she wants to be treated. Bonus points for hobbies in creative endeavors and careers in fields that positively benefit society.
>>
>>27350886
>I have no idea how many times I have seen threads on arcanine where someone was saying 'just change x and you'll have a shot' only to have robots proclaim OP was saying 'just b urself' over and over
>>
>>27350874
>he would be motivated to grow and change rather than spend all of his time and money on skanks
Why do you think that?
Personally, the reason I refuse to date women is because they're so entitled. They all have great jobs and money but still expect men to pay for everything, especially in the early stages of dating. They go on and on about how ~independent~ they are, but still expect men to make the first approach, make the first move, etc, refusing to put in any work themselves. Shit pisses me off.
Not all of us refuse to date out of distrust for marriage
>>
>>27350935
Thanks for the source
>>
>the day r9k got btfo by actual facts
These fuckers react just like the whales on tumblr would if presented with the truth
>>
>>27348895
And with this, you'd have to be retarded not to get married.

/r9k/ btfo
>>
I like the myth betas use where they don't want to lose all of their stuff in divorce. Since dual income families are on the rise, men are losing less than ever.
>>
>>27350856
i'm 5'7, no hot girls don't like short men. please go fuck yourself for being this dishonest, especially since you yourself are a girl who doesn't like shorter men. if you were 1: a man, and 2: shorter than average height, I'd consider what you have to say, but seeing as you aren't, GO FUCK YOURSELF.
>preferences
the true preference is for tall men, not short men.
>>
File: 1454870475464.jpg (90 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1454870475464.jpg
90 KB, 800x820
>Cognitive Dissonance: The Thread
Pic related, it's manchildren reacting to empirical evidence.
>>
>>27350961
Sounds like you need to meet a different class of women, doesn't it?
>inb4 all women are exactly the same
>>
>>27350149
Most families are dual income, so men arent losing half. This isnt the 1950s.
>>
>>27350957
Depends what the suggestion is I guess, but the idea of "I need to change myself so others will approve of me" is such a headache. Similar to the "I hide all my video games when a girl comes over" thing.
>>
>>27350856
Pasta

>>27350874
What constitutes as "growing and changing" in your opinion?
>>
/pol/ told me that marriage was retarded, and I believe them, because they're not cucks like /r9k/
>>
>>27350748
Not anon but it happens.
My friend in HS was always bitching how cute girls wouldn't give him the time of day because they were vaped cunts, then one of the group started dating a cute girl, then another, then another. He kept making excuses but when it hit college and I even got a cute gf, laid and what not (I am seen as the ugliest in the group, also the fattest) and he was still holding a V card, he started to get a little shaken. He changed the rules and now it was women did that shit with us for money when we don't have any to spend, then it was our parting even though he knows none of us like that or do that shit. Finally before he cut contact with us he just claimed we were all outliners that some how got good girls and the rest of the world didn't, of 6 friends he claimed all 5 were exceptions to the rule while he being the only 1 wasn't. He stop hanging with us after his 30 birthday. We tried to throw a celebration for him he would like, but you could tell he was just miserable. He got drunk (something he claim only frats and assholes do) and started crying a lot about how he knew it was always him but hated the idea of facing himself in the mirror with that mindset and started begging for stories from us of our girls/wives cheating or doing shit that hurt us. We did our best to comfort him but it was clear he was losing it. Week after that when we were trying to get our rpg game going he sent a group message about how he was just done with us and blame us for all his failings and drop contact. We check with his parents because we feared the worse, he was alive but he just didn't want to be around us anymore.
>>
>>27351037
see the picture here?
>>27349049
That is Salman Rushdie. He is 5' 7". That is Padma Lakshmi, his fourth wife.
Padma is 5' 9" tall, 23 years younger, a supermodel and (get this) richer than he is.
Tell me, again, how a 5' 7" guy can't get hot women.
>>
>>27351051
where am i supposed to do that?
>>
>>27350970
>self reported
>truth

Don't kid yourself.

With that logic, the average penis size is 8 inches because everyone on r9k says so.
>>
>>27351051
they are generally all the same
>>
>>27350988
As a man, there is no benefit to get married at all. You risk losing half of your shit with no possible upside.
>>
>>27351034
That's not how it works though, and judges will still side in favor of the woman, hence why they usually tend to keep the house in most cases.

t. outside viewer of 4 failed marriages
>>
>>27351037
My co-wroker is 5'7 and confident as fuck because he has a big dick. He hits on all the qties at work and fucks like half of them.
>>
>>27351117
He's a famous novelist, has money that she can use, preserving her wealth, and is a balding beta that will never leave her, so she can do whatever she wants.

Plus, his writing is probably somewhat attractive to her, and being married to a novelist gives her the advantage of seeming cultured. she also has more connections with cultured chads that are friends and acquaintances of his.

not a bad deal at all desu
>>
>>27351112
Good for him. I wouldn't want to be around a bunch of normalfags either.
>>
>>27351117
I'm not salman pusidi you stupid fuck. i'm just a regular guy who's been cursed by god with the manlet curse
>>
>>27351181
I don't have a bog dick
>>
>>27351134
>you guys keep harping on one survey
Whatever helps you sleep, I guess
>>
>>27351154
>I didn't read the thread
FTFY
>>
>>27351185
>"DON'T MAKE ME LOOK!"
>>
>>27351221
yeah but when the normalfags are just like you accept you don't have a GF, abuse drugs, and have a better paying job than the others it makes the whole thing contrive
>>
>>27351235
>The only 5' 7" man in the world who ever married a hot woman is Salman Rushdie!!!!
No, dumbass, I was pointing to an example already in this thread by coincidence.
I am sure every guy and gal on this thread knows of men 5'7" tall with GFs and wives, many of them hot. Some of them taller.
>>
No woman who would date me is worth a damn. The numbers being nicer to me won't make me any less of an fat ugly weeb pedo loser.
>>
>>27351252
Well, just know having a big dick and the confidence that comes along with it is more important than height.

>>27351286
A survey which is used to prove your allegations of what is considered the "truth"

>>27351296
Read every post senpai. Go ahead and mention duel income again though. Like the courts actually give a fuck about that.

>>27351377
Don't you have to go bowling or some shit? Go be a normie elsewhere.
>>
>>27351117
That model and towelhead divorced.

towerhead noted that he couldn't fug her because she had some irritable poonani or some shit, and basically called her a bad investment.
>>
>>27351383
Yeah, and I'm sure they have just an easy a time with women, and that they're not an extreme minority aside from south american countries and asian countries.

Dutchfag here, nope.

All the 5'11 to 5'9 guys I know are forever single

I have never, in my 24 years of living, seen a short man with a taller women, here

>>27351513
FUCKING KEK, AND SHE STARTS CRAVING CHAD AND DENYING HIM PUSSY

LIKE POTTERY

at least he had the guts to divorce
>>
>>27351505
I never mentioned "duel' income or income in general - there are plenty of people in this thread, kid.
>>
>>27351505
This is pretty blatantly false. Go on Tinder for a couple hours, manlet.
>>
>>27348895
>>68526776 (OP) (You)

Totally outdated studies are irrelevant to the fact that I DONT WANT TO GET MARRIED UNTIL IM 40.

It really doesnt matter what other people think. Im making a selfish choice of not settling down and living my life to the fullest, until I feel like getting a wife for breeding kids specifically.

There is 0 need for a non-breeding partner in this society, unless youre a beta who cannot get pussy outside of commitment.
>>
File: White House Message.jpg (217 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
White House Message.jpg
217 KB, 1000x1000
>>27351612
"I nominate Darwin for President"
>>
File: salman 2.jpg (8 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
salman 2.jpg
8 KB, 217x232
>>27351538
>My anecdote is fact, worldwide, fuckers!
Typical dutchfag

And - you've lost the thread
See, this fucktard here
>>27351037
said
>i'm 5'7, no hot girls don't like short men.
I pointed out that there is already a picutre *in this thread* of a 5'7" guy with a hot wife.
So - he's fucktarded and wrong.
Now a bunch of you co-morons swoop in with
"Oh, they got divorced! Oh, blah, blah!"
And?
the fucktard was wrong, he has been proven wrong, and all of you guys lining up to say otherwise are wrong.
The pick?
ANOTHER of Salman's wives, fuckwits.
Tell me again how
>>
>>27351649
>GUYS THIS SUCCESSFUL RICH MAN CAN GET A GIRL WHY CAN'T YOU
>>
>>27351649
You are using an outlier for your circus show. I don't even get what is going on at this point.
>>
>>27351649
sorry that your worldview is getting shattered, manlet.

you'll just have to put up with the fact that you either need to be lucky or famous and rich to date a girl, squirt.

i'll bet money that he'll get dirvorced again, kek
>>
>>27351649
Many girls have thought I was good looking - maybe my gf total would be above 1 if I wasn't so autistic, but I'm 5'6 and don't recall them ever bringing my height up. I've also been denied for being "cute" (I know what they meant), so the height thing isn't an absolute rule. I'm not a Chad either.
>>
>>27351648
Ebin retort, you eggplant.
>>
>>27350658
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Chateau_Heartiste
Here's your (You), you whore
>>
>>27348895
[citation needed]
The divorce statistic is bullshit though... in the wrong parties favor. Boomers have lower divorce rates than impoverished Gen Y cucks. If you remove them the divorce rate is way worse than 50%.
>>
>>27349977
I like your posts OP but why are you insulting based /r9k/? R9K is literally the only secular forum on the internet you can go to that will encourage virginity until marriage. Yes we have angry mgtows and red pillers too but some of us are just kvs waiting for our waifu.
>>
>>27351649
This is how delusional manlets are, fucking christ.

Someone got a dump of all the manlet statistics?
>>
>>27351672
>>27351700
>>27351712
>>27351725
I have no dog in this fight, I'm 6' 1", I am just pointing out that 5' 7" "manlets" are making excuses.
>OH! he is an outlier!
Then fucktard shouldn't have said
Because it is false. Some girls like short men. Some other girls like some short men.
He's whining.
>>
>>27351742
Thanks for agreeing that Game types are morons.
Move along.
>>
>>27351791
then stop giving these pathetic fucks hope when no nearly no sane, successful, secure woman would want to date a manlet
>>
>>27351746
>[citation needed]
So - you don't know what the fuck a citation looks like?
>>
>>27351749
>Boomers have lower divorce rates than impoverished Gen Y cucks.
That isn't an insult, it is to encourage you to stop believing lies.
>>
>>27351828
Apparently you don't. Go read an academic journal for once in your life and give me proper format, retard.
>>
>>27351828
I looked at the sources cited and it had no mention of those numbers and no methodology I read provided anything that would get that low. It's bullshit.
>>
>>27351791
>>27351791

I don't think you will understand how a 5'7" is treated. There are plenty of studies which height to be correlated with earnings etc etc etc. There is really no way to win this argument.

You are just stating that all short men have to be outliers in order to succeed, which let's be honest is not going to happen.
>>
>>27348895
How do you even approach girls? I've approached one once after a class and I just got flat out rejected even thought it took me weeks to build up the courage to do it
Do you just fucking walk up to girls and say "hey, want to get dinner" or some shit? Is that all you do? There's no way its that easy.
If women are so strong and independent how come they never chase us first?
>>
>>27348895
>only about 5% of married people cheat
oh wow, such a good news
>>
It doesn't matter to me because I will never find a woman to get married to.

Leave me alone
>>
>>27351765
hola mukoko bi beep bop
>>
>>27350856
>you have a bunch of guys that beat themselves up over stuff they can't change, such as height, and they ultimately give up.
>Let me just get it out of the way. Yes, I don't like short guys, under 5'11 or so
Every fucking time.
>seriously guys, height doesn't matter! Don't let it keep you down!
>oh but I dont like short guys, they're gross. You should try to find the 1% of women who dont care about height, then you'll be happy!
You really think this advice is helpful? Fuck you. You don't care about any of us.
>I know super hot girls that are into short men A LOT, like 5'10 girls.
No you dont. Quit fucking lying.
>>
File: slutwalk.jpg (58 KB, 538x405) Image search: [Google]
slutwalk.jpg
58 KB, 538x405
>>27351051
If you live in the US, all women are the same. Feminism has made damn sure of that.
>>
>>27350499
People will only believe what they want to believe, more at 11.
>>
>>27351879
You just have to meet people. All of my relationships except one have come from meeting people, clicking with them, and ending up together. (The one exception was OKCupid.) I met my bf through a friend of a friend. We got on well, I asked him to hang out together, and it went from there.
>>
>>27350856
So i must do all the work and women only reap the benefits of my hard work while they don't do shit for me?
>>
>>27351961
But you're a girl. You never have to work up the courage to ask a guy out on a date or to ask him to be your bf. You just sit back and wait for him to do it.
>>
>>27350856
>fembot
>"jus b urself"
Could this post be any more cancerous?
>>
>>27351961
>female normie telling robots to ball she had to do was meet people when all you have to do is literally stand there
>>
>>27351994
Did you read my post? I was the one who suggested we hang out solo. Also I should mention my bf was a virgin before meeting me. Yeah, it was a little awkward dealing with his relative shyness early on, but he's gained confidence and it's so fucking sexy.
>>
>>27351961
>I met my bf
>my bf

Do you even fucking know where you are? Nothing you say applies to us you stupid shit.
>>
>>27350499
Do you still have all that info? I've been working in tech some years without a degree and am sick of it - could use some advice on whether it's worth it trying to break into medicine instead or just going for a trade and calling it good.
>>
>>27351377
>>27351112
He must have been autistic and not realized it, therefore he was still correct that there was an external factor outside of his control that prevented him from getting a gf.
>>
>>27352031

Just be yourself and meet some people, that's all you have to do. :)
>>
>>27352025
I hope you realize that you aren't the majority by any means, maybe 1% of women would approach a guy first.
Most women still expect to be led around by their man, despite claiming to be strong and independent and all those other feminist lies.
>>
>>27350351
>OP is citing myspace quizzes as refutable sources
Wew lad

I like how when you search for divorce rate all you get are liberal newspapers like the Huffington Post trying to spin things in their favor. They're all reaction pieces but no actual studies.

Hint: try googling "divorce rate pdf" and see what comes up.
>>
>>27352055
I'M GONNA RRRRRRRRUUUB YOU OUT
>>
>>27352079

You should know most women don't find misogyny very attractive. But go on, blame feminism for your shortcomings.
>>
File: Sad_Milhouse.png (213 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Milhouse.png
213 KB, 512x384
Would anyone here not think of >>>/r9k/ as people who are outliers?

I mean, come the fuck on, most people here suffer from some kind of mental ailment, or in the rare case physical ailments. This fact makes it obvious to why such odd worldviews perforate through this board.

Most importantly it makes it plenty clear that a lot of men here cannot find someone because they are broken. They are viewed by society and governments as broken.
>>
>>27352090
Hating feminism isn't the same as hating women. Are you suggesting that all women are feminists? or that women as a gender are somehow synonymous with feminism? Because neither is true
>>
>>27352090
How the hell is that misogyny?
>>
>>27352114
Its a statement that a women didn't like, so its misogyny.
>>
>there's only a 15% chance you'll LOSE EVERYTHING YOU OWN FOR NO REASON not a 50% chance, you shitlord!

I'd rather stick with my 0% chance. Thanks.
>>
>>27351558
Then what's your point? Why would a guy get married aside from actually wanting to? What's the benefit for men?

>>27351581
>Tinder

Well yeah, of course anon. Tinder is for people looking for a quick fuck. They want whatever they find the most sexually attractive. And it's usually white girls who have those height standards. If I'm 6'4, have a chizzled jawline, but mention in my bio I have a microdick, you think I'm gonna get swiped right?

In real life, if you're confident and funny, you can get with woman. You know why? Because woman are mostly submissive and docile as fuck.
>>
File: fat-tweet.jpg (166 KB, 1196x898) Image search: [Google]
fat-tweet.jpg
166 KB, 1196x898
>>27351791
>I'm 6' 1"
>goes on some rant about how manlets dont know what they're talking about
And how would you fucking know? You've never experienced it. Fuck off.
>>
Let's really look at some facts, not some "survey facts"

http://www.psmag.com/nature-and-technology/17-to-1-reproductive-success
>8,000 Years Ago, 17 Women Reproduced for Every One Man

http://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/20/is-there-anything-good-about-men-and-other-tricky-questions/

hmmm, OK then.
>>
File: 1458703480853.png (284 KB, 432x515) Image search: [Google]
1458703480853.png
284 KB, 432x515
Oh gee it seems like marriage really isn't that bad time to get married.
Oh wait no one wants to because I'm not Handsome or wealthy or have social status
Thanks op
>>
I love how OP got BTFO once people actually started reading the source

Myspace, fucking kek
>>
>>27348895
>The actual rate of divorce for first marriages is *no more than* about 18%; and it has been declining for 2 generations

Thats because the only people who even bother getting married any more are muslims and indians who get virgins wives handed to them on a plate. If even they have a divorce rate as high as 18% our chances will be abysmal.
>>
>>27351846
>>27351856
Bald-faced lies
>>
>>27351867
Sure, I have shorter friends and I know all about less respect, etc. But to claim that NO hot women EVER go for 5' 7" men is ridiculous. Hell, we haven't even talked about Hispanic populations where the average height is 5' 7"
I get it - you want to blame being a loser on your height, but there is a lot mroe going on, loser
>>
>>27351846
>He cut and pasted citations
>you claim they look funny
>>
>>27351879
Why did it takes weeks to build up the courage?
It is just a girl, not a supernatural being of infinite power!
Just - talk to people. Some of them will be girls. Some of the girls will be nice and attractive. If they seem interested, you ask them to coffee.
>>
>>27351926
>I have never googled 'modesty blogs'
>>
>>27352041
>break into medicine
Not as a doctor, I hope
>>
>>27350351
>You are actually not linking to her research, but to a marketing gimmick for one of her books
Never change, arcanine
>>
>>27352848
>i have a wide social circle and i had women interested on me previously, so i can't understand another view on the subject
>>
>>27352198
>List the benefits to men of marriage
>a group of anons keep asking 'what's in it for men?'
>>
File: fedoralord.jpg (12 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
fedoralord.jpg
12 KB, 350x262
>>27352590
That was a marketing gimmick for a book, not the actual paper.
Maybe, just maybe, if you'd looked yourself you might have seen that.
>Hint - that is why the guy only mentioned the THIRD paper
>>
>>27352969
Answer the question - why does talking to a girl require weeks to build up your courage?
>>
>>27353034
Not him but, a life time of rejection can do that to you
>>
>>27352806
What the actual fuck reply is that? You genuinely seem upset, calm down bud.

> you want to blame being a loser on your height
Quality assumption there.
>>
>>27353298
I'm not upset, I am amused.
I mean, think about it
>Anon: "No hot girl is interested in 5' 7" men'
>Me: 'By pure coincidence there is a picture in this thread of a 5' 7" guy with his younger, taller, richer, supermodel wife. You are obviously wrong"
>Anon and his fellow travelers: "He's an outlier! He is so different!"
>Me: "So you really claim he's the only 5' 7" guy with a hot wife or girlfriend?"
>Anon & friends: "They are all outliers! It is SO HAAAAARD to be *well within* 1 standard deviation of average height! Boo-hoo!"
I mean, this is hilarious!
I can go to the mall and see dozens of guys that height with wives and girlfriends. Know why?
because more than ONE OUT OF THREE men in the country are in that height range (the standard deviation of 5' 6" to 5' 9"
Plus, there are those tens of thousands of "outliers"
>>
>>27352893
You're right I haven't. What is that?
>>
>>27352848
Because going up to a fucking stranger and just talking is stressful? What am I even supposed to talk to her about?
Women are so fucking lazy, they'll never know what its like to go through this stuff.
>>
>>27352970
Only applies to alphas. Betas like us will just get cheated on.
>>
>>27353589
>I can go to the mall and see dozens of guys that height with wives and girlfriends
prove it
>>
>>27353589
wait so you are insisting on arguing about the statement:
>Anon: "No hot girl is interested in 5' 7" men'

I mean look at this, you got to first define a hot girl, then go measure the attractiveness of women who are dating these 5'7" men. If you post one singular instance of this coupling and insist that this is the average then expect to be called out for bullshit. I bet the guy who you were arguing with was talking about averages to begin with because if he wasn't then of course you can sweep it away with an outlier.

If we do talk about averages then short men are at a handicap compared with tall men, and the men that frequent this board "typically" suffer from mental health problems lowering their fitness further. Do these type of men attract pretty women?
>>
>>27353779
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=modesty+blogs
>>
>>27353936
dumbest shit ive ever read, its just attention whoring. Its just another version of "I'm not like those other girls"
There's also not any reason to believe that these girls are a majority, or even close to it.
>>
>>27353833
1) Beta is a BS term and effectively meaningless
2) read the thread
>>
>>27353906
Shorter version
>yeah, he's wrong and you're right
>>
>>27353954
1) no it isn't
2) I have, and this is still only stuff that would apply to alphas. Modern women are garbage anyways though, they have nothing of value to offer a man besides sex. So therefore there's really not any reason to just buy hookers, at least hookers are honest about only wanting your money.
>>
>2016
>falling for the conjugal jew
>>
>>27351879
Women are lazy as fuck. They will NEVER put in any work when it comes to approaching a man, unless he's a super-chad. They expect us to do all of the work, do the initial approach, pay for all of the dates, etc while she sits on her ass and just takes and takes and takes.
Women used to have a right to do that kind of thing since they mostly took care of the kids and the house. But now women want ~equality~ (read: female superiority) so they can have all of the advantages of their gender, and all of the advantages of ours, without any of the disadvantages of either.
Maybe 1% of modern women are wife material. The rest are trash and should just be left to rot.
>>
>>27353951
Oh, so we went from
>>27351926
>If you live in the US, all women are the same
to
>>27353951
>There's also not any reason to believe that these girls are a majority
THAT FAST?!
You're like this guy
>>27351037
Make an extreme statement and then, when proven wrong, retreat to
>"well, of course that isn't true but I am still right"
Interesting fact - when asked less than 24% of women self-identify as 'Feminists".
So, no - not all women are the same.
>>
>>27351167
That's literally how it works. Men are losing less than ever, and now a days rarely lose anything. Sorry to burst your myth
>>
>>27348895

I think you're missing the point though.

It has nothing to do with marriage but everything to do with how women are the gate keepers, if I could at least find a gf I could tell you you're right but since the cock carasoul is too good we get 0 marriage .
>>
>>27353979
So you think Man #2 here
>>27350658
is alpha, then?
>>
>>27348895
>1) The actual rate of divorce for first marriages is *no more than* about 18%; and it has been declining for 2 generations
it's actually 50%
70% the time initiated by women
>>
Marriage is worth it if you're young and both virgins.

If you were lucky enough to be born in a culture with arranged marriage it's 100% worth it. (in the US that would probably be mormons, orthodox Jews and indians).

But for the average autist and/or porn addict marrying would be damaging to any potential children, and society as a whole as it would just produce more robots and/or a single mom in a few years
>>
File: Emma watson hypocrisy.jpg (70 KB, 720x522) Image search: [Google]
Emma watson hypocrisy.jpg
70 KB, 720x522
>>27354051
most women don't identify as feminists, but still believe in feminists lies, whether they acknowledge it or not.
For example, every girl I know has, at some point or another, complained about "unrealistic body standards" in the media, and I've heard a few use the term "rape culture"
they take advantage of feminism whether they admit to it or not. Women who are wife material are incredibly rare.
>>
>>27354066
>cock carasoul
Another myth.
Less than 12% of women have a sexual partner count above 6
About as many women remain virgins until age 25-29
50% more only ever have sex with their husbands.
>>
>>27354070
i'd say they both are.
>>
>>27354099
In first marriages it is about 16%-18%
In first marriages women initiate 55% of divorces but in 15% of the cases the husband has already abandoned the marriage
Want to keep repeating shit you heard on MGTOW blogs?
>>
>>27354126

>ur rong!
>accept my information without proof!
>>
>>27354135
which means the word is so broadly applicable it is meaningless, in effect.
'Alpha' and 'beta' are like Progressives using 'diversity' and 'fascism'.
In the end the words really just mean 'stuff I personally like' and 'stuff I personally dislike'
>>
give me one good reason why anyone should get married in first world countries that are ruled by feminist ideology.
>>
>>27354203
They're having sex so their lives are both better than mine. Pretty simple. If the only thing the guy can get is bar sluts, who's to say he's wrong? Guys got to get his rocks off somehow.
>>
>>27354211
you shouldn't. The woman will always come out on top. Women want to be ~~~equal~~~ but they absolutely refuse to give up any of their power when it comes to dating.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography

Divorce rate is literally 50% on average in advanced democracies (Western states).

This guy is posting one to two decade old sources from papers nobody has ever read.

Surprise Suprise divorce rates are far lower in your more politically repressed conservative states. I wonder why.

Niggas are divorced from reality.
>>
>>27354161

So 8.25% (15% of 55%) of women divorce because the husband "already abandoned" the marriage.

What does "already abandoned" encompass?
What about the other way around?
How many men initiate divorce because the woman already left?

Don't just spout random information and pretend it's relevant without other relevant information.
>>
>>27354126

Where is your data?

Because mine is in reddits /rtheredpill sidebar

Which disproves all of your imaginary points
>>
>>27354169
*sigh*
this takes just a few minutes, you know
>National Center for Health Statistics 2002 report; GSS; National Life and Health Social Survey, 2006; Nagai, 2006;
76% of women have fewer than 7 sexual partners in their lifetime.
Hardly a carousel
Also, almost 1/3rd of women have fewer than 2 partners, ever.
>>
>>27354211
> ruled by feminist ideology.
The most hilarious thing when I hear this is - do you really believe this? Really?
Most of the guys who believe this also seem to believe in the Game idea that you have to be mean and cruel to women.
>>
>>27354283
honestly the main reason is deeper than just women's liberation, it's consumerism and high technology being available to the masses.

this is all the consequence of the industrial revolution and globalization. Men no longer need to be direct providers when the supermarket has everything. And women don't need to take care of kids because of public schooling, but they have to work to sustain a family now.

Read the Unabomber's manifesto and it all makes a scary amount of sense.
>>
File: misandry 2015.png (2 MB, 1007x6347) Image search: [Google]
misandry 2015.png
2 MB, 1007x6347
>>27354503
yeah, i do believe it. Sorry if you're so stupid that you can't see it.
>>
>>27354283
>I can't read, the post
Want to know why I keep mentioning 'first marriages'?
Rate of divorce on SECOND marriages? about 60%
On third+ marriage? 75%+
You also aren't looking at cohorts
You very literally don't even understand the numbers you are looking at
>>
>>27354483

>2002
>2006
>2006

What the shit are you smoking?

That was 10-14 years ago.

Your information predates mass social media. There was no face book, MySpace, tinder, Snapchat, Instagram, ect.
>>
>>27354400
>/rtheredpill
>links to CH and his hilarious "facts"
Has Roosh listed the other countries where Game never works, yet?
>>
>>27354538
>'I think Vice, leftist web portals, and Feminist blogs are reality'
step away from the monitor
>>
>>27354589
Yeah, and the CDC, GSS, etc. point out that in the last ten years N counts are getting *lower*, MORE women are remaining virgins, divorce rates are still *dropping*, etc.
BTW, the numbers i quoted were from the 2013 National Health Statistics Report - I was pointing out that the actual, real numbers are all over the interwebz
>>
>>27348895
Because people don't lie. It would be impossible to lie, or bang pussy/dick on the side.
>>
>>27354702
>scientists don't think people ever lie and can't figure out how to adjust for it
What is the second oldest question asked in any social science?
>>
>>27354547

Stop talking shit and filling up your posts with 1st year intro to stats jargon to seem smart. We are talking about marriage. Its right there you inbred son of a bitch.

They've given you the rate of marriage per state and the rate of divorce and given you a divorce to marriage ratio. What more do you want to know from there?

What point are you trying to make differentiating between first and second marriages, if the core issue of marriage is under discussion.

I mean its there, the US data is there 53% divorce rate? You claimed this number was MADE UP, yet its right there and its sourced.
>>
>>27354662
The divorce rate is only stabilizing/ declining because less people are getting married in the first place. The few who are still getting married come from groups (wealthy, highly educated, uber religious) that have always had very low divorce rates.

The rates of std infection for 18-30 year old women is always several orders of magnitude higher than for men. This shows that a minority of men are fucking the majority of women.

From your precious GSS
>In the nationally representative General Social Survey, U.S. Adults (N = 33,380) in 2000-2012 (vs. the 1970s and 1980s) had more sexual partners, were more likely to have had sex with a casual date or pickup or an acquaintance
Hypergamy is very real.
>>
>>27354852
>bleaurg! Bleaurg! BLEAURG!!
You meet a girl.
She has never been married.
You have never been married.
,Your propose, she accepts, you marry her.
What is the likelihood the two of you would divorce?
HINT: I ain't 53%
If you and a girl get married tomorrow the odds of you getting a divorce are - 16%!
That is how the numbers work.
>>
>>27354921
>The divorce rate is only stabilizing/ declining because less people are getting married in the first place
Bullshit.
The reason is based on average education, average age of first marriage, and use of birth control

>The rates of std infection for 18-30 year old women is always several orders of magnitude higher than for men. This shows that a minority of men are fucking the majority of women
Translation: you failed biology.
Women get more STDs because of physiology. And you need to look up what the phrase 'orders of magnitude' means.
> U.S. Adults
1) that is men and women
2) that isn't what 'hypergamy' means.
>>
>>27348895
I'm not going to get married because I enjoy my freedom and I don't want some roastie to think of me as a beast of burden, obligated to work my hands to the bone to serve her every need.

Fuck you white knight faggot.
>>
>>27354547

Why dont you fucking use the normal way of measuring divorce rates like most people too. Inb4 Muh first marriage and muh family survey...

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2015/12/15983/

I put it to you that there's no irrefutable way to measure divorce rates but there are more "reliable" measures. In addition can you fucking please explain what exactly is wrong with looking at cohorts for something like this?
"It is the measure most scholars use and most widely known"

"The 40-50% number comes from a detailed analysis of various population demographics, including ages, life span projections, etc. It represents a sophisticated projection of a calculated risk, much like projected life span for babies born today. . . . is a valid projection under current conditions and it pertains to new, first time marriages."

"Currently, the cohort measure is typically calculated as being in the 40-50 percent range for couples entering their first marriage"

"Currently, the cohort measure is typically calculated as being in the 40-50 percent range for couples entering their first marriage"
>>
>>27354979

But it isn't 16% mate. Its 50+ just like everyone who isn't a Nu-male cuckhold understands it to be.....

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2015/12/15983/>>27355084

The information there isn't from 1996 either.,
>>
>>27349062
How about you stop being a secular retard and give marriage back to temples and churches?
>>
>>27351648
Is that Jim Sterling?
>>
>taking 18%, 5%, 0.8% chance when you can take no chances at all
lmfao retarded

>.8% false paternity
gather all the kids in a 1000 kid school
8 have a fucked up household due to them not having their actual father or any at all cause of false paternity

Want to have one of those 8 kids? lmfao nah

these are just the ones that are found/reported, who knows how many more there are that everyone is completely clueless about
>>
>he actually wants to get married
>he actually wants to be a workhorse for some washed-up roastie
>he thinks this is a noble goal in life
>he thinks anyone respects him for being beta bucks
Are marriedcucks the lowest forms of life on earth? I actually think they're lower than regular old wagecucks.

Look at OP, he's probably a marriedcuck and the reason he's so angry is because he's desperately trying to cope with the cognitive dissonance that comes from knowing he made a mistake.
>>
>>27355121
>Goes to blog that flounders around discussing various methods of doing things but has no actual numbers
>Complains about me going to actual DEMOGRAPHERS that actually study rates of divorce as the blog says 'only a handful of people do'
FFS; it is like you're saying
"Don't go the mechanic to get your car fixed, I don't understand the words he uses! Just take it to my cousin who chops wood for a living"
>>
>>27355170
see
>>27355226
I mean, I get it - you *WANT* to stay ignorant, but this is ridiculous
>>
>>27355243
Fuck off you white knight numale.

Why do you care if men get married anyways? What's your agenda?
>>
>>27355121
>>27355170
I can see it now
>These two dumbfucks who have NEVER, EVER even *wondered* about the actual divorce rate, see this thread
>Both start frantically rushing through Google looking for something, ANYTHING, to support their ignorance
>Both find the same page and post it with an A-HA!
I call you guys "Google Geniuses"
You think 10 seconds on google and skimming 5 paragraphs makes you a genius
>>
>>27355274
Agenda?
It is in the OP
Don't believe myths.
IDGAF if you live in your basement and eat your boogers, get married 19 times, or move to Mars.
Just make sure you are basing your decisions on reality, not made up "facts".
>>
File: 1457375543534.jpg (97 KB, 603x339) Image search: [Google]
1457375543534.jpg
97 KB, 603x339
>>27350856
>a bunch of guys that beat themselves up over stuff they can't change, such as height, and they ultimately give up
>there are these wonderful things called preferences that vary from person to person
>Yes, I don't like short guys, under 5'11
>I know super hot girls that are into short men A LOT, like 5'10 girls. They're somewhat rare, but they're out there
>height is pretty important, but most girls can look past it, provided you're taller than her

THIS PASTA GETS ME EVERYTIME
>>
>>27350856
did you even read what you just typed? this is most retarded bullshit
>>
>>27355337
-it is copypasta
reposted 5 hours ago
>>
>>27355084
You're ignorant as fuck.
point 1: You didn't even contradict me. My point still stands.

2: Women still have to be exposed to the disease for their higher susceptibility to be a factor.

>that is men and women
And? Women still have many more notches on their bed posts than their mothers and grandmothers. 'Hypergamy' is used colloquially to refer to unrestrained female sexuality not only marriage. It encompasses promiscuity and socio-sexual status-seeking.
>>
Lads, has anyone posted this yet?

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr049.pdf#x2013;2010%20National%20Survey%20of%20Family%20Growth%20[PDF%20-%20419%20KB%3C/a%3E

First thing that came up when I googled first marriage divorce rates.

Suggests that around 40% of first marriages end in divorce.
>>
File: 7370397409437890438709433.jpg (52 KB, 600x459) Image search: [Google]
7370397409437890438709433.jpg
52 KB, 600x459
Still mai waifu
>>
>>27350499
>I showed the numbers that prove that getting a trade is objectively better college for anyone who is not going to a top 30% STEM/Ivy League/Seven Sisters university and even then only for a handful of majors.
'LE SCIENCE XDDDDDDD LE BIG BUXXX XDDDDD' isn't objective.

Ivy League schools are hilariously bad.
>>
File: 1449224110773.jpg (8 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1449224110773.jpg
8 KB, 160x160
To be honest I know its not impossible to find a decent chick, I just don't care to take the gamble because I'm content enough as it is.

Telling myself all woman are shit and that none of them could ever like me is just a self delusion I use so I don't entertain the idea of girls liking me, that's wasted mental energy most of the time.

Am I do the only one who does this?
>>
>>27355417
See the 2011, 2013, and advanced data on the 2015 National Health Statistics Report, grasp the fact no, most women AREN'T promiscuous and that the numbers make no sense at all if "10%/20% of men fuck 90%/80% of women"
>as if the Pareto principle applied to such things.
>'Hypergamy' is used colloquially to refer to unrestrained female sexuality
No; when PUA tpes/Game con men started their scam they misused the word and the ignorant of the world misuse it, too. It is like how they completely misuse 'solipsism'
If your bullshit 'hypergamy' made any sense AT ALL why, oh why, are the divorce and cheating number so variable by race, education level, and religious affiliation/participation?
>inb4 "those are all maaaaaade uuuuuupp"
You guys are like flat-earthers
>>
>>27355559
An honest robot.
>>
>>27355559
I honestly believe that no girl could ever like. I'm too submissive.
>>
>>27355691
It's like you're intentionally misunderstanding. No one is saying that ONLY 20% of men fuck 80% of women. They say that the majority of women fuck a minority of men more than other men. The stats for sexual intercourse are even between the sexes but say nothing about how much sex anyone is having or with whom so I don't see how you can refute the notion that women are more promiscuous than in the past. The GSS says that they are. Here's an example if you are having trouble understanding:

'Hypergamy' is applied to relationships as well as marriage in the manosphere. And why shouldn't it be? When they say that hypergamy drives female promiscuity they mean that women are using sex to get relationships with higher status men.
>>
>>27355468
I went to an Ivy and got a high paying STEM job.

but honestly it didn't matter where I went to school, I probably would have gotten a similar job going to state school, with engineering your school doesn't matter at all unless it's MIT or caltech. I'd say the only thing I liked about it was the fact that there were so few electrical engineers at my school that we were all basically friends with each other. But the classes themselves were really no better than any other school, lots of shitty chinese and indian professors etc.
>>
>>27349062
m8 the goverment documentation isn't for nothing, goverment incentivises the fuck out of marriage with tax breaks and shit, even more if you start pumpin out toddlers
>>
It was fun seeing a roastie getting BTFO
>>
>>27356442
Lies
Bald-faced, blatant lies
>>
>>27356442
>guys in the manosphere misuse a word they don't understand
Thanks for agreeing
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.