[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>We'll never go back to a pre-social networks and pre-smartphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1458727362056.jpg (12 KB, 249x243) Image search: [Google]
1458727362056.jpg
12 KB, 249x243
>We'll never go back to a pre-social networks and pre-smartphones era

Fuck life. Internet used to be a weird and comfy place.
>>
>>27347436
It's true. I'm trying to find a place to run. I think I'm gonna try UseNets and MUCKS/MUDs.
>>
>tfw we will never go back to 2000's era /b/

I'm glad I at least got to see it.
>>
File: 2674.jpg (200 KB, 1600x957) Image search: [Google]
2674.jpg
200 KB, 1600x957
>We'll never go back to the 90s

Best decade tbqh. No swag, no facebook, no twerk, no "The president said on twitter that [...]", videogames looked like shit but were still fun to play (nowadays shit be photorealistic but boring as hell after a few weeks).
Pic related this is the world we live in now.
>>
>>27347594
It'd be nice to go back with a few of the conveniences we have now like all the entertainment online, but without the inconveniences - is there anything worth looking at on a phone? All I ever see is Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. which doesn't really offer anything.
>>
Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYbe-35_BaA
>>
The downside to those days was being looked at like a freak when you mention anything about the internet since it was a taboo thing only loser outcast nerds used. When I was in school I was literally the only person in the entire school who even knew how to use a computer
>>
>>27347594
>Had friends once
>Every time they ask you to come out they sit on their phones talking to 4 other people
FFFFFFFF I could have just stayed in my bedroom
>>
>>27347703
>downside
It was your own secret personal universe where you, the nerd, was God.

Now nerds are just faggots again.

In fact, I think normies are becoming so radicalized and frustrated by femiroasties that they're just going to start rounding us up and killing us as a scapegoat. They're fucking mad.
>>
>>27347703
>When I was in school I was literally the only person in the entire school who even knew how to use a computer

Kek, this
I guess I'm a bit younger than you though but back in hs days I was "that guy who uses the computer a lot".
Pretty much sure all these fuckers spend way more time than I do on the internet - if we consider internet is about "watching YT podcasts and browsing Snapchat"

>>27347693
I don't understand. Random guy filming random people at Disney World yeah so what ?
>>
>>27347727
>so what ?
The people are approachable and friendly. They don't freak out over being filmed, or having a stranger talk to them. They aren't staring at their phones, the workers aren't hypersensitive to a whiff of misconduct and actually act like people because they aren't too worried about being fired... It was a warmer time.
>>
>>27347764
I definitely think the 80s were better but I'm sure the guy who filmed this also went through some shit (he just didn't upload it), even in the 80s people didn't like being filmed by strangers
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.