[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW THE FUCK IS SOMEONE WITH SOCIAL ANXIETY SUPPOSED TO GET A JOB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 1451546496684.png (12 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1451546496684.png
12 KB, 645x773
HOW THE FUCK IS SOMEONE WITH SOCIAL ANXIETY SUPPOSED TO GET A JOB
>>
xanax and klonopin
>>
fake it until you make it.

When Im in a social setting I get nervous and anxious of what I say, but I've done only retail and Hotel front desk jobs. Literally the job is dealing with people.

I hate people, each fucking customer and guest. I want to fucking kick them all in the teeth.
>>
>>27346779
Social Anxiety is not a real thing

Everyone is nervous when talking to new people just man up
>>
>>27346813
>>27346791
the thought of a job interview makes my skin crawl
my voice quivers talking to strangers
>>
>>27346813
Shut the fuck up, normie scum

You have no idea how fucked up social anxiety and AvPD are
>>
go drunk and take the necessary blows you need to get used to it. it's a process, i've been there.
>>
>>27346928
Oh god I remember the times when I wouldn't know what to say when they would ask me a question. It was as if I didn't know what to choose on the last question of Who wants to be a millionaire.
Group interviews are even worse because you have a bunch of people looking at you and listening to what you say for a response.
I had an interview one time where the managers who were 3 of them sitting across from me, literally laughed because of how stupid my answers were. They looked at eachother with wide eyes like... is this guy serious?

Never been so uncomfortable in my life.
But now I breeze through interviews. I just fake it the whole time talking about Im a motivated driven individual who has no problems working as a team or solo. All the sugary shit to make sure I get the job.
>>
File: diazepam.jpg (8 KB, 127x73) Image search: [Google]
diazepam.jpg
8 KB, 127x73
>>27346779
Go to the doctor and ask for Diazepam or Bromazepam
>>
I think I'd have a legitimate panic attack during an interview. Don't even know how I'll get job either way
>>
>>27346779
Exposure until you get numb to the pressure and all the shit that flies around in social situations. Exercise for basic mental health and if that isn't enough to get you going somewhere, take a look at therapy and meds.
>>
Fix your problems dumb fuck.
>>
>>27346813
This desu.

Man up faggot.
>>
File: strained pepe.png (343 KB, 575x540) Image search: [Google]
strained pepe.png
343 KB, 575x540
>filling out job application(s) for entry level work
>fill out 3 pages of personal info and basic shit
>final page of application
>"In 500 words or less, describe why you think you are suitable for this job"
>"In 500 words or less, describe an occasion where you had to put your customer service skills to use"
>"In 500 words or less, describe how you were a good team leader"
>close tab
>>
File: 1425867286187.jpg (49 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1425867286187.jpg
49 KB, 500x377
>>27347837

>Employer requires an application with the resume and cover letter

So fucking sick of filling out applications, holy shit.
>>
>>27347741
Easy for you to say normie
>>
Just find a loner job like night shift work or lorry driving.
>>
File: American job market.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
American job market.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>27347872
>>27347837
ASDKGJAJSDGPDJSOASD:LGAJ:
>>
>>27347905
What about hotel front desk?
Is there anything like night time IT supervision?
>>
File: 1395159825956.jpg (54 KB, 477x637) Image search: [Google]
1395159825956.jpg
54 KB, 477x637
>>27347916

>this is an entry level position
>that still requires a college degree and five years of supervisory experience
>if interested, send resume, cover letter, application, background check approval, blood sample, DNA sample, semen sample and be prepared to subject to constant random drug tests
>starting pay is in the 11-13 dollar per hour range and potentially benefits after 3 years of employment

I honestly don't even know how people get jobs that aren't trash without nepotism.
>>
Sisters boyfriend got Me my job. Didnt even show a resume.
>>
>>27347593
This. I fucking hate piece of shit assholes who don't know what it's like. It's completely different than just being shy and nervous. Fucking normies.
>>
I breeze through interviews because I'm currently getting NEETBUX and there's no job I particularly want.
>>
>>27346779
nepotism makes everything easy! I got my first job through it and so can you! It makes things so much less stressful when your dad hires you at his business and you know you can screw up or slack off and not get fired, of course the job didn't pay much, only like 40k, but I used it to get experience for a real job elsewhere, the key is that everyone wants you to have experience nowadays.
>>
>>27347905
This OP, become a truck driver, seems like a comfy job
>>
>>27347593
>>27347997
I know what it's like to be shy but I'm still not a little bitch who can't go to a job interview
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.