[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The /r9k/ Institute
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1434247838134.jpg (332 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
1434247838134.jpg
332 KB, 1400x1400
Welcome robots to the first ever /r9kinstitute/ thread. The goal of these threads will be to create and discuss our own social theories and paradigms relating to Chads, Stacys, Normies, Robots, and other nomenclature.

>Agenda Number 1: Definitions
Any theoretical discussion is completely defunct without apt and exhaustive definitions of our terms

Let's start from the bottom up and define the:
>Robot
>>
>t. kym
>>
You're never going to get a consistent or commonly accepted definition of a robot, anon. Don't even try.

Trying to define it causes this stupid identity politics bullshit which ruins the board.
>no, i'm the standard for robot!
>no, I am!
many people here are very proud of the robot label for some reason, and anything that isn't exactly them, is not a robot. So just give up and move on to defining something else.
>>
>>27346301
>Let's start from the bottom up and define the: >Robot
1. a filter on /r9k/ that doesn't do anything useful
2. a piece of human waste that shitposts on /r9k/
>>
>>27346301
Robot
>18yo+
>lives with parents
>kissless
>virgin
>never had a gf
>has no friends irl
>NEET

Personally I define a robot that way. Everyone else is normalscum.
>>
Scientific name: roboticus autismius

The Robot is a "member" of society who seemingly lives outside of any social hierarchy. If the Robot does engage socially, it is usually very minimal and often has awkward or embarrassing results. Robots typically enjoy anonymously posting images of frogs on internet forums, discussing feels, acting bitter, and basically indulging in antisocial, arguably devious behavior. The species is found in all parts of the world, but mostly inhabits dark rooms or basements, dimly lit only by a computer screen. An extremely unstable and fragile creature, the Robot may put on an exterior of cynicism and misanthropy, but deep down is hurting and afraid. If spotted in the wild, it is advised to not to approach as they can sometimes spray spaghetti when spooked or cornered.
>>
Scientific name: Normidea Slimesius

The Normie is the most common sub species of the Homo Sapiens. Characterized primarily by their conformity to social trends, the Normie can often be seen engaging socially, usually unaware of the social forces which control them and their place in said social circle. A Normie can easily be spotted in university or college campus classrooms from their non-existent or inoffensive political beliefs. They enjoy getting "coffee" with friends, watching and discussing shows on Netflix, posting on and browsing Reddit, and going to and enjoying superhero movies such as Mad Max, Deadpool, the Avengers, Captain America. Occasionally a Normie will adopt a deceptive hipster outfit and behavior in a quirky "random" way. Don't let this fool you into thinking they do anything interesting or have anything of substance to say, it is likely a manipulative behavior which arose from it being reinforced in high school as funny or cool.
>>
Scientific Name: Chadilious magnumphallus

The Chad is a member of a small subgroup of men at the apex of the social and dating hierarchy. They share many of the same temperamental characteristics and interests as the Normie, but are often amplified by their elevated social status. As such, traits such as aggression may be more prevalent in Chads compared with Normies, although more research on this is needed as it is not clear whether the trait is higher, or merely more tolerated due to their increased social status. Chads are often not defined by their physical characteristics, but certain similarities can be observed in many of them, namely muscular physique, masculinised facial features, and backwards cap. Chads often hang in groups of other less or equivalent social standing and spend time and energy pursuing sexual interests, at which they very successful. As a result of their physical and social characteristics, women of most social status are vulnerable to their charm. The Chad is able to take advantage of the females naivety and delusional view that they are worthy of a monogamous pairing with a member of the Chad subspecies. As such, the Chad is able to take advantage of this proclivity, often engaging in short term (< 30 Days) romantic encounters with many females, of which they refer to as a "thing". Chads are usually friendly, but it is advised to keep your qt 3.14 gf away from him, as she will inevitably seek validation in the form of fucking him.
>>
Way too much effort going on here.
>>
Scientific Name: Stacidius Tonitruivulva

The Stacey is the hypothesized equivalent to Chad, though of the female species. Stated as hypothesized because of the fundamental difference in social and romantic roles between the sexes. It is quite likely that "Stacy" is just a colloquial reference to a Normie female with an attractiveness rating > 7.5/10. Behaviorally indistinguishable from other females, they enjoy watching Netflix, studying humanities or psychology, fucking Chad, leading on beta orbiters, and traveling the world for "new experiences" and foreign Chad cock. Hang around in groups of equally attractive females whom they maintain a veneer of love and friendliness to hide their competitiveness, passive aggression, and cattiness when it comes to acquiring a Chad's cock to inhale.
>>
File: 1458713535422.jpg (76 KB, 325x658) Image search: [Google]
1458713535422.jpg
76 KB, 325x658
>>27346387
>>27346508
Honestly even despite the sarcastically encyclopaedic style, these two posts really hit the nail for me. It's a very robot thing to want to categorise people like this, and I'm enjoying the fuck out of OP's academic approach. Further to this point however:

>>27346631
I don't really think the Chad archetype is as real and well defined as most robots believe, or want to believe. Not sure if things are different in the US but here in the UK, it's very rare to see someone who has that stereotypical "Bro" personality, along with promiscuity. It's more of an image that people project on social network sites and slightly less shit tier parts of the Internet. Every apparent Chad (in terms of appearance/personality) I've met IRL has really been quite alright and friendly. People who fit this 4chan stereotype in person tend to be quite socially awkward in my experience, pic related. I realise however, it is given that Chads are characterised as a small subgroup.

Nice thread.
>>
>>27346857
>>27346857

>I don't really think the Chad archetype is as real and well defined as most robots believe, or want to believe.

Future research is definitely needed. I touched on it briefly that it is not possible to physically categorize any group as they exist as an abstractum, or an idea. The Chad has a social presence and history which means they are very desirable to the female. Ironically, their chad power level grows as they have more sex. Conversely, Stacy's power level goes down with more partners.
>>
>>27346684
this

this entire thread reeks of reddit
I read these posts and they're unfunny
>>
File: jdfnsdfj.png (188 KB, 1205x1199) Image search: [Google]
jdfnsdfj.png
188 KB, 1205x1199
This is a very rough empirical graph. As more data comes out, it will be amended and improved.

Y axis: Social Rating = rough calculation of social capital, based on amount/quality of friendships or networks, ability to lead situations socially, social dominance

X axis: Physical attractiveness

Planning later to delve into the cuckth dimension with an emotional style rating system
>>
>>27347023
Not trying to be funny. Just trying to be more precise about /r9k/ theory. At some point in the thread, I will pose an essay question based on r9k theory.
>>
Essay Question:

Consider the following:
'A girl who you met in a college class confides in you that she wishes to "travel the world", and have many "new experiences" before settling down'

What are the underlying motivations for this desire, AND what can we infer about the nature of female sexuality from this common statement?
>>
>>27346301
Spoonfeed the newfags: the thread
>>
File: 1444208291081.png (822 KB, 3300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444208291081.png
822 KB, 3300x300
>>27347033
What's on the yellow zone, above Robots?
>>
>>27346350
That's a good definition, except it needs some elaboration.

>>27346373
>>27346324
I think there are several tiers of robot. All of them, however, have some things in common:
>18+ (anyone younger with social awkwardness, excessive quirkiness and no friends is a proto-robot)
>virgin
>kissless
>never had a gf
>no friends
>socially awkward or poor social skills
True robots are the least normal. They have the following traits:
>NEET
>lives with parents
>autism-spectrum disorder or at least one mental illness
>no real talents

>>27346857
>>27346985
I think there are subtypes of Chads, such as:
>Athletic Chad: plays sports for his living. has subtypes, such as Surfer Chad which is common in California
>Bad Boy Chad: stereotypically has dark eyes and hair. commits crimes but doesn't usually get caught or at least avoids punishment. abusive (especially physically)
>Banker Chad: works in a successful finance company, for example on Wall Street. very rich. is typically like Patrick Bateman but less crazy
>Gay Chad: unlike other Chad types, he's after other Chads, but women still admire him. typical careers: actor, singer, model, some can be athletes
>Helper Chad: genuinely friendly and wants to help others. typical careers: teacher, doctor, firefighter, paramedic. can also volunteer
There can be overlapping between these types.
>>
>>27346301
>Robot
Variable. Someone who just doesn't "fit in" with society. It goes from that one unnerving fuck who says weird stuff that nobody really wants to hang out with to the full-blown autist who sits indoors all day and audibly screams at his screen over normalshits.
>>
>>27347109
She's a slut and wants to go around fucking foreigners, but doesn't want to openly admit it.

We all know what it means and she says it to put you off, but if you sperg out you just look like a sperg because "OMG like, I just want to travel and experience new things you sicko."

tl;dr women are crafty whores
>>
>>27347372
I forgot this Chad subtype
>Rich Kid Chad: shows off his wealth and lives basically like NEET except sometimes appears in college or in his father's company where he has a "job"
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.