[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT things that helped you through depression. I'll start.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
File: Braidlogo.jpg (53 KB, 219x262) Image search: [Google]
Braidlogo.jpg
53 KB, 219x262
ITT things that helped you through depression.

I'll start.
>>
File: Maroon_5_-_Songs_About_Jane.png (201 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
Maroon_5_-_Songs_About_Jane.png
201 KB, 301x300
Fuck the haters. Maroon 5 is great
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR2QIJdtgiU
>>
I've fallen so far into it that the only way I can help myself cope with it is to hurt myself emotionally. I've found this song, along with the smell of her perfume mixed with freshly cut grass to be the most painful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrkeWsQZNyU
>>
>>27345801
Old Maroon 5 had a great sense of funk and groove, and had some real soulful lyrics.
Then they hit it big and became a bunch of shitty pop stars.
>>
>>27345829
I'm not sure if that album helped or hurt me through depression.
All I remember is listening to it on the way home from work and crying. For the first time ever in my life I was crying not because of a death or something objectively sad, just because I felt like shit. Dunno if that album helped me get there or if it just happened to be there at that time in my life, but I still avoid listening to it to this day for that reason.
>>
>>27345850

Songs about Jane already made them massive pop stars. They fell back into obscurity from 2004-2010 when their 2nd and 3rd albums came out

>GOAT Tier
Songs about Jane
Hands All Over

>Okay Tier
V

>Shit Tier
It Won't be soon before long

>Oh shit what are you doing nigger Tier
Overexposed.
>>
>>27345870
I used to be a big crybaby as a kid, but nowadays I have to push myself really hard to get anything out. It's kind of nice to cry every few months, but I just listen to the song because every time it gets to the chorus I get this pain in my chest that's halfway between a punch, and that time she told me she'd met a boy. I guess I'd just rather hurt than feel nothing.
>>
It always helps me in my darkest moments.
>>
>>27345782
>>27345817
really feeling both of these

Crystal castles brought me from the brink of suicide. Now I'm depressed again because Alice left.

Braid made me bawl my eyes out because it reminded me of a relationship but it was needed.
>>
File: 2010_FIFA_World_Cup_logo.svg.png (230 KB, 932x1024) Image search: [Google]
2010_FIFA_World_Cup_logo.svg.png
230 KB, 932x1024
This gave me a reason to wake up every morning during one of my darkest times.
It gave my life structure. And it got me interested in playing soccer again which got me off my ass and being semi athletic.
>>
File: 81dPM5J6GML._SL1500_.jpg (422 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81dPM5J6GML._SL1500_.jpg
422 KB, 1500x1500
idk what this album kept me from doing but it kept me from doing it.
>>
>>27345782
I used to play Braid over and over again whilst listening to The Antlers album Hospice because they're both about 45 mins long. I don't know if it helped at all though.
>>
File: gerard-butler-leonidas.jpg (26 KB, 454x264) Image search: [Google]
gerard-butler-leonidas.jpg
26 KB, 454x264
>>27346412
>not listening to the OST
probably the greatest game soundtrack I've ever encountered.
>>
Nujabes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Kfrj--djw
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wGfguhnvECc
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4w21HcML2M
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OobUV9q0aDA

Also sometimes I rewatch samurai champloo. Top tier anime
>>
File: 1453388375287-0.jpg (47 KB, 515x768) Image search: [Google]
1453388375287-0.jpg
47 KB, 515x768
>>27345782
God. I found religion and through that found purpose again.
>>
Anti-depressants.

And moving away from father.
I'm kinda homeless now, sleeping from one friend's house to another, but it feels like a million bucks.
>>
Evola is GOAT for depression
>>
>>27345782
Pikmin and nutter butters. In Middle School I would come home everyday and get a nutter butter from the fridge and play Pikmin 1 and 2. Beat the games multiple times until summer came and I picked up something else. Good times.
>>
>>27347294

What is the benefit of storing Nutter Butters in the fridge versus in a cabinet or breadbox?
>>
>>27345906
>Braid made me bawl my eyes out because it reminded me of a relationship but it was needed.

Oh look a normie. GTFO our board fucker.
>>
>>27347330
this is our board now loser
>>
>>27347330
Man I really hate this absolutely cunt attitude. This was never a board made for losers. It's a board for random content that was adopted by losers.
>>
If a fucking video game cured your depression you were never depressed
>>
Lifting, stopped wanking and got a job
>>
>>27345782
> helped you through depression
but that would imply i'm out of it, or can ever get out..

>>27347403
take a look around, its a board for losers. now fuck off, you clearly dont even understand r9k or why its important to keep normie scum like you out
>>
File: download (10).jpg (11 KB, 254x199) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
11 KB, 254x199
>>27347403

Why don't you fuck off back to redit or Facebook? This is a loser space, you have the rest of the Internet, we have this board, why the fuck can't you be happy I'm you side of the fence and stay there?
>>
Kat Edmonson's Way Down Low album. It is king-tier comfy bros.
inb4 jazz is for fags and/or I aint listening to no roastie reeeeee
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.