[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was some stupid shit you believed when you were a child
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (525 KB, 609x409) Image search: [Google]
image.png
525 KB, 609x409
What was some stupid shit you believed when you were a child that make you feel like an idiot?
>>
>>27344711
god

original 374638274
>>
>>27344711
That most of the people in the world were essentially NPCs; simple simulations of a real person following pre-programed roles.

That there were only a couple of thousand "real" people out there, and we were all living in clusters near each other.
>>
File: pfmu.png (270 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
pfmu.png
270 KB, 512x512
>distilled water will magically give you cavities and completely drain your body of important nutrients
>>
I used to believe that cats : tigers :: dogs : lions
>>
>>27344711
It's not exactly retarded, but when I was like 8, it occurred to me that I had actually died before and that my current reality was a continuation of my consciousness in an alternate path. Not sure why that idea occurred to me, but it did, and to some extent, I still believe it. My corpses lie scattered throughout the universes.
>>
>>27344711
That my life will turn out great
>>
Adults don't lie
>>
>>27344861
you're the enlightened one
>>
>>27344711
That everyone bought and owned their own cars. Also that they were cheap to maintain and run.

>tfw someone explained leasing to me when I was 13
>realized the whole world had gone mad and no one owns anything except the government
>>
File: pepe.jpg (22 KB, 404x389) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
22 KB, 404x389
>>27344734
This, not just that I believed in God but that I was a cunt about it. I have no excuse, I wasn't raised religious, but the idea of atheism just made no sense to me. When another kid told me he didn't believe in God I actually went and told the teacher on him. What he fuck was wrong with me? I had no problem with other religions, I loved science, and was generally way more 'liberal' than I am now, but atheism utterly disgusted me.

Also when I was even younger than that I was really into 'cryptozoology' and thought that dragons were dinosaurs that had survived into medieval times and evolved the ability to fly and breath fire.
>>
>>27344711
That "condone" meant you thought something was bad.

And then I learned it meant the opposite.
>>
I never understood the concept of accents so when I was 6 and flying to America (I'm Australian) I thought that when we got to America we would all have an American accent. I was so excited.
>>
>>27344711
caterpillars turned into butterflies and worms turned into moths

cats were girls and dogs were boys

goats were girls and sheep were boys

god was real

the water you flushed down the toilet and used up in the shower was cleaned under your house and filtered only through your house and if you ran out you would have to buy more
>>
>>27344711
all cats were female and all dogs were male

what the fuck
>>
>>27344939

>Also when I was even younger than that I was really into 'cryptozoology' and thought that dragons were dinosaurs that had survived into medieval times and evolved the ability to fly and breath fire.

Yeah, me too except the fire-breathing thing.

I read way too many summaries of Ivan T Sanderson's work at a very impressionable age.
>>
>>27344941

>That "condone" meant you thought something was bad.

Same.

I think it's understandable because the word "condone" appears similar to the word "condemn".
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.