[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here /fat but losing weight fast?/ >tfw on crash diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: TQfmuGu.png (61 KB, 1228x1502) Image search: [Google]
TQfmuGu.png
61 KB, 1228x1502
who here /fat but losing weight fast?/

>tfw on crash diet
>tfw eating 500> calories a day
>running a mile every day
>considering going vegetarian
>>
File: 1420601668352.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1420601668352.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>>27343150
dunno how fat you are but be careful with the running. Running is extremely hard on joints of overweight people.
>>
>>27343150
How do you stay motivated?
>>
>>27343221
my progress. they say nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels. Even though I'm not there yet, when I look in the mirror and see my love handles shrinking or see how my strong jawline is actually noticeable now it motivates me.
>>
>>27343150

Really proud of you OP!!

Protip i've found is is actually a liking to Vegetables.

I eat lots of steamed broccoli, sugar snap peas, and spaghetti squash with cracked black pepper.

helps so you don't have to starve. Can eat as much of it as you want desu. I like with cracked black pepper
>>
>tfw on crash diet
>tfw eating 500> calories a day
Bad. Bad, bad, bad. Those don't achieve lasting results, and they're damaging to you. You should eat at least 1200 calories in a day.

>running a mile every day
That's good. It'd be better if you didn't starve yourself on top of it.

>considering going vegetarian
I'm a vegan myself, and even I'll tell you that's unnecessary for losing weight. As long as your diet consists primarily of fruits, veggies, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and legumes, you don't have to actually abstain from eating flesh. And it's possible to be a fat vegetarian or vegan. I know some. Omission of one thing doesn't guarantee the consumption of something better, and relying primarily on one thing doesn't necessitate completely abstaining from another. Really, if you ate mostly fruits and veggies supplemented by grains, legumes, nuts and seeds, and a small piece of lean meat or fish a few times a week, you'd be in better shape than somebody who went veggie and ate tofu dogs, chips, and oreos all day.

Shit, I weighed more when I was a lacto-ovo veggie because I ate a fuckton of eggs and milk and consumed sugary garbage. Go veggie if you want, but the key is really just making produce your primary food source.

And fucking EAT, dude. Please. You're probably damaging your poor heart.
>>
>>27343299
I'm only doing this till I get skinny.
>>
Not too fast. Following a 1200 calorie diet. I hope to be at a healthy weight in 2-3 years. I have lost 15 lbs so far, and only started the diet on the first of the month.
>>
No point even telling you not to do it. Even if I told you that it could lead to serious-illness, I doubt you'd listen.
>>
>>27343356

you will be skinny for a month

realize you didn't learn to eat or even know how to maintain and be back to your original weight in
>>
>>27343196
This. Eliptical is a better option for numerous reasons
>>
>>27343356
you won't be as skinny as you could get if you're only eating 500 cal per day. your body goes into survival mode and your metabolism slows down drastically at that point
>>
>>27343356
Maintain the running and just make fruits and veggies your predominant food source, and you can seriously just eat however the fuck much you want and not worry about it. Eating below 500 calories and then doing cardio like that, daily, with an already-stressed system from your weight, is awful for you.

Seriously, dude. EAT. Please. I can't recommend a starvation diet. And seriously, shoveling as many pieces of fruit into your face as you want and not even thinking about the calories feels better and is more easily maintained than fucking starving yourself.

You're not even just cutting calories. I can't imagine that anybody is capable of consuming a proper amount of vitamins and minerals in 500 calories' worth of food.

It's fucking fantastic that you're this motivated to get in shape, but the human body needs to fucking EAT.
>>
>>27343150
You'll relapse by Thursday.
>>
>>27343150
>running
body-weight training is what really makes you lose weight, and gain strength at the same time
cardio a shit
lifting is a meme (form over function)
>>
File: UTkvq7r.jpg (50 KB, 317x300) Image search: [Google]
UTkvq7r.jpg
50 KB, 317x300
>Starvation mode

When will people stop with this retarded meme?
>>
Disregard the DYELs ITT OP, you can keep up the crash diet till you are humanely sized again, but you better learn about proper nutrition before you are at that point. If you go back to your old diet you'll get fat again, naturally. Also your metabolism will be slightly depressed due to the crash diet, so readjust slowly (two weeks minimum, where you slowly raise your Cals)
>>
I lost 50 pounds in a couple of months a year ago but I found it hard to keep up. Eventually I slipped up and a month ago I was the same weight I had been after losing the weight

Over the last month I've tried making smaller changes like cutting out obvious shit, keeping snacking down and planning meals better. I've also started exercising a bit

I've lost a few kgs this month and I'll be happy if that keeps up
>>
>>27343536

>motivated

I think you mean anorexic.
>>
>>27343150
good work op

I'd suggest some other exercises or stretching to help with getting rid of loose skin faster if you're losing weight that fast.
>>
File: 4LeMVAW.jpg (868 KB, 1562x4158) Image search: [Google]
4LeMVAW.jpg
868 KB, 1562x4158
Hi OP
I'm glad you're actively seeking a healthy lifestyle, but I would serious recommend eating more unless your like a 4"10 woman, especially since you're doing cardio aswell. I would recommend doing body weight exercises on top of it. Here's a handy guide for all levels of fitness.
>>
File: 1458688873745.gif (9 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1458688873745.gif
9 KB, 633x758
>>27343150
>december 2015
420 pounds and eating 3 entire pizzas a day for the past 4 years, essentially committing a very slow suicide
>january 2016
starved myself on 75-100 calories per day for a month while water fasting and became sick and down to 380 lbs, too depressed and devoid of energy to exercise
>february 2016
reached my goal of getting to 366 lbs, 4 years worth of weight gain lost, started going on nightwalks every night at like 2AM after not leaving the house since 2012, worked my way up to walking 4 miles a day with shit tons of motivation out of the blue, started lifting weights and doing calisthenic exercises for 45 mins every other day as well, ate like 800 calories a day with no temptation
>march 2016
lost all motivation and went back to emotional eating, could not resist temptation no matter how much i tried to control myself, settled into a routine of eating around 1800 calories like a normal person but this felt like shit to me, still managed to lose weight despite not exercising and am currently at 359, my clothes are becoming too big now and it's nice

i'm 20 and weighing where i was at around 14 which is cool, but fuck i hate how quick things go to shit every fucking time

i didnt have any temptation before because i made sure there was barely any food in the house and it was only healthy shit that had no binge appeal, then one day i wake up and my father ordered a 4k calorie pizza and i slowly but surely caved in and ate the entire thing, then he ordered another one and then he bought cake and ice cream and all kinds of unhealthy shit hundreds of dollars worth of pure shit i told him not to buy anymore and justfuckmyshitup the binge eating and crushing depression came back and he always becomes an enabler

i swear to fuck if i lived alone i would have too much shame to buy food that is even remotely unhealthy, id only buy enough food for a few days at a time, having morbidly obese parents is a fucking bitch, it always comes down to this
>>
>>27343493
this is a myth
anyone who believes this is a retard
>>
>>27343998
Focus on forming habits anon. I know it's said way too much, but this is a permanent lifestyle change and not something you're doing just to get thin

Try to get complete control of what you eat. Buy your own food and only eat your own food. Think of your parents food like you would think of a roommates personal food.
>>
>>27343870
It's worse than anorexic, but it does clearly come from a place of motivation. It just worries me when people eat so little in order to lose weight. You're making your heart, eyes, brain, etc. suffer in order to correct one problem.

The human body needs fucking fuel to carry out biological processes. That means sugar or something else that can be converted into energy. It needs amino acids for structure and to carry out thousands of chemical reactions on a cellular level. It needs dietary fat to absorb nutrients properly, to produce hormones, and to protect various organs. It needs vitamins and minerals to heal wounds, fight infections, weave itself together, maintain chemical reaction pathways, and otherwise stabilize itself.

500 calories is fucking ludicrous and unsafe. I've never weighed more than 128 pounds in my life at my fattest, and 500 calories is ludicrously low by my standards. Seriously, I maintain my weight at close to 110 pounds at all times, making me medically anorexic, and even I would be well past 500 calories before breakfast is even over. That's like a single bagel and a banana. NOT healthy.

>>27343576
Bodyweight exercise is, in fact, fucking awesome, but running and lifting are both good for you.
>>
>>27343998
The secret is associating the feeling of fullness with feeling like shit. Like utter shit. I am literally getting sick now if I overeat, whereas when I was fat it was a pleasant feeling.
Drink a shitton of water with each meal and/or combine your regular meals with stuff you hate.

Also look into getting stims (amphetamine, Ritalin, meth (don't believe the media), etc.). I didn't use them to loose weight, but if I had known them, it would have been so much easier. They kill your appetite 100%.
>>
>>27344149
You missed the fact where he is FAT. Not anorexic like you. Why do you think fat storages exist? The body breaks them down into glucose just the same. The only thing that indeed is lacking are micronutrients, but he can go to the drug store and buy a supplement no problem.
>>
>>27344059
I'm agoraphobic and haven't had human contact outside of my parents in several years so that's why i don't do my own shopping, i am completely dependent, the nightwalks were a step towards gaining confidence for that but I'm still too terrified to enter a store

having to rely on someone else for the shopping is always the fucking problem since i can't drive or be in public, I guess I should just grow some balls and tough it out and take responsibility

I want to go shopping every few days and have complete control over my diet schedule which is impossible since i never learned to drive and my parent is also an agoraphobic NEET who goes shopping only a couple times a month buying hundreds of dollars worth of junk food so I guess i'll have to find another way and make the distinction between their food and my food clear

It's all my fault in the end, I have the ability to gain control so I gotta become independent

thanks for the reminder

>>27344253
I do associate fullness with feeling like shit, I have stomach problems so anytime I eat no matter how much I get physically sick for at least 24 hours, if i ate till i was full it would be a living hell
>>
I've always been a fat kid. My brothers were always into sports, so I was at least active.

However, I was still always fat.

I didn't mind playing sports like football or basketball, and I was actually on the roller hockey team at the local Boys and girls club.

Still fat, though.

After I changed schools for the first time, I had to deal with being not only the new kid, but the new FAT kid in gym. Part of me liked seeing their faces when I would sink shots playing basketball or drop a mean serve in volleyball (VB was big at family parties). Dodgeball (or whatever variant they could get away with) was the best. No one expected me to be able to move out of the way.

Still, always a fatty.

In high school, I was part of a tech school program for law enforcement and had to do PT 3 times a week, which included running a mile. My mile was never fast, and I think 14 minutes was my best. I still did it, though.

Still always the big fat kid.

Flash forward to now. I'm 27. You guessed it, still fat. I'm 360lbs, but people say I don't look it. Maybe it's good distribution, maybe it's because I still have a bit of muscle because of work (manual labor), maybe both. I don't know.

The lowest I have been for as long as I can remember was just under 300lbs, like 290, and that was the closest I had ever come to actually going through and killing myself. After that, things just went downhill. That was 3 years ago.
>>
File: 1458430317945.gif (699 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1458430317945.gif
699 KB, 267x200
>tfw eating once a day because poor
>>
>>27344253

Not him

I used to do that, but it takes a lot to make me feel full. Hell, even when I'm full, I still feel hungry. I just always feel like an empty pit. Before you say drink more water, I drink anywhere from half to a full gallon of water every day.
>>
>>27344305
>You missed the fact where he is FAT. Not anorexic like you. Why do you think fat storages exist? The body breaks them down into glucose just the same.
Fair point. It's not as though I've ever been fat and lost it, so I could just be talking out my ass here with no reference point.

I'll also admit that I'm a bit frightened, and thus probably irrational, when it comes to this subject. Sister had problems with eating disorders. I've seen what starvation does, and it provokes a gut reaction in me.

I would still suggest more than 500 calories a day. Even eating double that much would be a rather extreme solution.

>The only thing that indeed is lacking are micronutrients, but he can go to the drug store and buy a supplement no problem.
Whole food is always better than a supplement. Seriously, fuck multivitamins and meal replacement powders/shakes.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.