[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
things that seem weird as fuck to you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88
File: sry fam.jpg (54 KB, 1620x854) Image search: [Google]
sry fam.jpg
54 KB, 1620x854
name things that seem fucking weird to you

>animals on this planet that somehow found the skills to fly
>grown ass men went to the moon and walked on it like 50 years ago
>monitors have shitloads of pixels and work for whatever reason
>electricity can create sound through speakers which makes no fucking sense
>magnets don't make sense either
>your brain doesn't mess up for 80 years straight so you don't die for that long
>>
>>27342278
did you try researching those things
or did you just write down a list of things to complain about on r9k
>>
>>27342335

just wanted to complain that birds can fly and I can't.
>>
>>27342278

i'm with you on the computers / electronics thing. makes me feel like a complete retard that i barely understand them
>>
File: Honoré Sweat.jpg (142 KB, 454x424) Image search: [Google]
Honoré Sweat.jpg
142 KB, 454x424
>our bodies are made of billions of cells, and each one knows exactly where it's meant to be and what it's meant to do because of a tiny string of chemicals inside each one
>if you live anywhere remotely close to civilization, the space around and within you is filled with all kinds of invisible radiation coming from different sources and encoding countless different tv broadcasts and radio stations
>what we see is just light bouncing off of objects or bending in the air, we're not really seeing the object itself but rather just a vague impression of it, things don't actually have any specific 'look'
>we can look at sequences of squiggles and actually see words and sentences, even though words are only supposed to be sounds, and we don't even need to 'decode' it or anything, we just know the word when we look at it
>since the dawn of mankind, people have been building little wooden half-cyclinders, getting inside them, using the wind to propel themselves across hundreds or even thousands of miles of unimaginably deep ocean, somehow navigating in a featureless blue expanse without GPS or accurate maps to reach specific ports or tiny islands, just to trade shit
>>
people working day to day

paying bills

working in general

relationships
>>
Plasma display panel and how they don't work in high altitudes
>>
mathmatics
>>
File: 1452200798147.jpg (20 KB, 323x297) Image search: [Google]
1452200798147.jpg
20 KB, 323x297
Rayleigh scattering
>>
>>27342278
your brain messes up plenty actually.
>>
File: Worried.gif (3 KB, 93x30) Image search: [Google]
Worried.gif
3 KB, 93x30
>atomic bombs are still a thing, they didn't just go away after the 80s

>>27344010
>most people have sex, get jobs, have friends, raise families, and it's normal for them
>it's not some huge feat like walking on the moon or climbing a mountain, it's something that everyone does and it's weird not to do
>>
>>27342278

The Incompleteness Theorem.
Mind-Body Problem, Epiphenomenalism,
Bayesian Probability
NonCognitivism
>>
>>27342371
They have fucking hollow bones. It isn't right
>>
i dont know how to conduct myslef in public

im sick of people around me beacuse they seem so stupid

they ask stupid questions and say stupid shit, i cant stand it

i dont know how to live, i dont know what i want, i want out
>>
>consciousness

AHHHHHH
>>
>>27344048
Pi is irrational and a natural occurrence. Math is creepy.
>>
File: costanza8.jpg (34 KB, 429x420) Image search: [Google]
costanza8.jpg
34 KB, 429x420
>>27342278
>Moon landing
>Real
>>
File: a best best.gif (470 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
a best best.gif
470 KB, 500x400
>>27342278
>name things that seem fucking weird to you

>Symbiogenesis, or endosymbiotic theory
>>
I find dancing an extremely strange thing

I have never had the urge to get up and dance, ever. I really don't get it. I guess I can understand slow dancing, but anything other than that is just.... what?
>>
File: 1458134386552.jpg (75 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1458134386552.jpg
75 KB, 300x250
>>27344166
>find the source of x

when i reached that point in school, i just snapped i didnt want to learn anymore. i still dont know.
>>
>>27342278
>>27343236
I understand electronics pretty well, and I think every single thing on OPs list on a regular basis

I know that feel OP. Even when you learn the reasons behind things they're still mystifying.

Here's a good science one: The equation for heat flow is essentially the same as ohms law.
>>
>>27342278
Man, I'm too sense-overwhelmed for to deal with this trascendental questions right now, but I'll leave the tab to read when I'm sober enough

Props on the questioning
>>
File: confused.jpg (27 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
27 KB, 308x308
>>27342278
HOL UP
would a gun fire in space?
>>
>>27344240
ohms law has to do with heat though, energy is transformed into heat in ohms law
>>
>>27342278
>electricity can create sound through speakers which makes no fucking sense
>>27342278
This one is the one that trips me out the most. I could understand a monotone sound or several different sounds in succession, but layering vocals, guitar, base, keyboard, drums, and whatever else and reproducing all of those sounds at the same time is insane to me.
>>
>>27344264

Yup, they actually would.

>Fires can't burn in the oxygen-free vacuum of space, but guns can shoot. Modern ammunition contains its own oxidizer, a chemical that will trigger the explosion of gunpowder, and thus the firing of a bullet, wherever you are in the universe. No atmospheric oxygen required.

www.livescience.com/18588-shoot-gun-space.html
>>
distance between things is different based on where you are and how fast you're going
>>
>>27342371
Yeah, fuck birds.
Especially geese.
>>
>>27344300
reminder that if you weren't chased by a goose at some point in your childhood you aren't a robot
>>
>the 20th century is over for fucking forever
>100 years ago was 1916
>Young adults our age from the past lived and grew old with us to follow after them
>the 1990's is only but a blur now and seems like something of fiction
>We were born too late to explore the earth and born too early to explore the stars .meme.jpeg
>Things that are relative to me now will be nothing in the future

>I will never be young as i was yesterday
>>
>>27344291
fucking amerilards
>>
>>27344270
Why? It just depends on the power put into it. It's an electro magnet on a resonating cone, the more power the faster it vibrates and therefore the higher, the less the slower. They mix in stereo so that more tracks can be heard. Digital music samples it like in calculus with little rectangles representing the waves. It's one of the easier to understand ideas.

Explain to me Vacuum tubes or transisters and I'll pretend it isn't witchcraft though.
>>
>evolution is geared toward survival and not truth and therefore your senses are based on survival and not how the world really is
>color doesn't exist outside of the brain
>it is impossible to prove anything exists outside of your experience
>panspermia
>>
>>27344270
someone correct me if im wrong, but the way I understand how that works has to due with how instruments sit in different frequency ranges and have different timbres

a piano can play the same frequency and note that a bass guitar plays, but the timbre of the instruments are different, so your ear separates the sounds
>>
File: 1458403280827.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
1458403280827.png
78 KB, 412x351
>>27344341
>people younger than me are having sex and living more fullfiled lives than me

>seems like yesterday i was collecting pokemon cards
>>
>>27344352
But in any given second of music you could distinguish vocals, instrumentals, and post-effects. How are all of these sounds being produced at the same time? I could understand a recording of a man or a guitar, but there's only 1 magnet for 6 things producing sound
>>27344376
I guess it makes a bit more sense.
>>
File: shaggy.jpg (22 KB, 499x430) Image search: [Google]
shaggy.jpg
22 KB, 499x430
>>27344295
>that thing about how movement and stillness are all relative, meaning everything is simultaneously completely still and moving at near the speed of light, but somehow nothing ever moves faster than light
It's one of those things I can understand when it's explained to me but then stop understanding as soon as I stop thinking about it.

>time moves differently for everything and changes with speed and because of gravity and probably some other shit
I don't even want to understand that, it just pisses me off.
>>
>>27344397
It's the speed of the vibration changes. The magnet and cone switch between each frequency constantly.
>>
>>27344434
Wouldn't the rapid change of frequency distort eachother?
>>
File: hellhound12345.jpg (77 KB, 625x450) Image search: [Google]
hellhound12345.jpg
77 KB, 625x450
>wee don't know nothing about the life at the bottom of the sea
>there could be another intelligent race of giant beings there who can't live outside the abyss
>they could know about us
>>
>>27344341
>The Playstation 2's release is now further away from us now, than it was from the release of the NES
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 367x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 367x390
>>27344169

>Perpetuating the myth that the moon landings are a myth
>>
>>27344452
that's where mastering and mixing come in

go watch some YouTube videos on how they used to cut vinyl records, it'll probably make more sense. it's interesting how they figured out how to make stereo records.
>>
Light
Time
Space
>>
>>27344452
No, think about the air molecules, each gas particle smaks the next. It's like a slinky, does moving it change the coil closest to you immediately? No, it gets to you after traveling the length of the slinky.
>>
>>27344467
i dont think its that deep
>>
File: 1457888621373.jpg (100 KB, 496x700) Image search: [Google]
1457888621373.jpg
100 KB, 496x700
>>27344467
You should probably go lie down, Lovecraft. Stop worrying about it.
>>
File: EternitysGate.jpg (499 KB, 663x850) Image search: [Google]
EternitysGate.jpg
499 KB, 663x850
>>27344341
>everything you knew from the past is gone now forever and will never be re-experienced
>the 90s are no different from Ancient Egypt or the Paleolithic: people will remember them, they're re-imagine them, they'll appreciate them, but none of the trillions of people who will probably live in the future will ever actually experience them again
>>
>>27344088
lol mind-body problem...

From wiki: given that the human body is a physical entity and the mind is non-physical.[1]

>The mind is entirely physical and every thought you've ever had has been a physical, tangible, measurable thing. No mind-body problem exists.

u mite hav a mind-body problem cuz u a dumass
>>
>>27344507
>Implying humans will live past the next century
>>
now how would anybody know to cut off the tail of the drsgon to get the drake sword?

c'mon now
>>
>>27344469
dude i remember when i got a new dreamcast with resident evil 3 and i was so happy
>>
File: 1452195729062.png (727 KB, 1105x1012) Image search: [Google]
1452195729062.png
727 KB, 1105x1012
>sex is something the vast majority of people have
>>
>>27344524
I saw the tip on g4tv like a year before I ever played Dark Souls and remembered to do it.
>>
>>27344507
There will never be another human on earth to get a VHS tape from blockbuster
>>
>>27344291
this is top tier freedom shit mang
>>
>>27344547
ShitSoCash.com

-Chad
>>
Think of your fave grocery store or eatery
Did that? Ok. This is where you come from. You are literally, physically, the stuff they sell there every day, and you go and buy your body there every week.
>>
>>27344485
>>27344494
Well, I just want to know what kind of creatures live in the bottom of the sea
>>
I don't know about you robots but its thoughts like this of just how amazing and detailed our reality is that really makes me beleive I can never be depressed, or at least shouldn't be. I mean think about it, the string of impossible things that happened in sequence all the way from the creation of the universe to this exact moment is so astoundingly unlikely and unbelievable that every second of your existance should be counted as a blessing. The atoms that make you up have existed for nearly 14 billion years, and they managed to propel a tiny organism among a billion others ahead into its counterpart. This all occurred between two people who somehow met amongst billions of others, who were brought into the world the same way, and this process goes back so far that when it began it wasn't even done by the same species. All of this came about from the infinantly unlikely chance that something called life would form on a mote of dust that was in just the right place at the right time in a void so large and complex that we cannot even imagine it to it's actual potential. And yet it's all around us, always has, and always will, until the cosmic blink that is our consciousness fades from our dying, biological vessels and we go back to the warm and accepting time that we unkowingly waited in before our births. It would seem so pointless if it wasn't for the fact you are even able to ponder it, you, me and all of us are the most complex things in the universe, a being made up of space dust that houses some unexplainable sentiency made possible by a bath of chemicals an eternity in the making that understands that it exists. Everything around you is a product of these beings that instead of accepting the hopelessness that they are finite instead pushed on and lived against the the universe. Life is a gift, think not of yourself as a human with an unfair life, but as nothing that got the chance exist, even for a short while.

We're all gonna make it because we already have.
>>
File: 67978032.png (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
67978032.png
15 KB, 300x300
Sound come out of just one speaker as one waveform and you can hear all the different instruments all with their own wave forms.
>>
File: 1458123884842.jpg (2 MB, 2200x2200) Image search: [Google]
1458123884842.jpg
2 MB, 2200x2200
>There's an entire universe that exists outside of Earth that we'll never see
>Right now every inch of Neptune exists and is floating, alone and far from the warmth of the sun
>You'll never see it existing, but it is there and things are happening on it that nobody will ever see
>The same could be said for everything in the universe
>We were born at this time and in a hundred years we will be as archaic to people in the future as people from the past feel to us right now
>You were born at all and are thinking these things
>Right now everyone alive is living at this moment doing something; every actor, politician, comedian, athlete, scientist, etc.
>You'll never relive the past or alter mistakes

Does anyone else find themselves stopping sometimes to gaze around at everything and wonder at the surreal act of just existing at all? I'm not trying to act like a "deep philosopher" or anything but sometimes the nature of existence itself hits me and I find myself thinking how strange it all is.
>>
>>27344592
According from the testimonies from the guy that was in the submarine that touched the bottom once, there's flat white fish down there.
>>
>>27344416
Figure I should throw this out there

>Theory suggesting time travel towards the past should be possible if we can make and stabilize wormholes

Take a really huge black hole and make a wormhole right by it

>Time that passes on one side of the wormhole should go way slower, but crossing the wormhole is instantaneous
>Go in from the black hole side and you emerge somewhere else where time has passed way quicker
>Go in from outside the black hole zone and time has barely passed since the conception of the time machine
> Therefore no "where are time travellers now if there's time travel" issues happen, because one could only go back as far as the creation of the time travel machine, and the point to which you can go back from is constantly moving forwards in time

Im sure there's some kind of justification to tear this down, but assuming you can get out of the black hole's gravitational field before time outside of it advances too quickly, I can't personally think of anything wrong with this
>>
>You cover your penis in plastic
>You fuck the plastic when you fuck a vagina
>You fuck
>>
>>27342371
Really, that shit is fucking weird. Like, how did that evolve? Did they just slowly start getting these long, webby limbs? Who kept fucking the weirdos with the long, webby arms to the point where they could fucking fly? Weird shit.
>>
>>27342278
>space never ends, could be infinite universes with different beings and lifestyles
>no explanation as to why life exists, or what life and the universe is
>we see things upside down before our brain flips it
>the clitoris is an organ only used for pleasure and has no other useful function (been proven females don't need clit stimulation/orgasm to conceive young)
>>
>>27344604
Most pretentious post I've read all day, anon. Good effort, but you aren't deep.
>>
File: 1441017020648.png (195 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1441017020648.png
195 KB, 510x346
Everyone ITT needs to chill the fuck out.
>>
>>27342278
>magnets don't make sense either
FUCKIN MAGNETS, HOW DO THEY WORK
>>
>>27344224
Really? Don't you just feel like moving to the beat?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84YXPw4htnQ&list=RD84YXPw4htnQ
Don't you feel like trying and copying their moves?
>>
>>27343236
It's all 1s and 0s. Just tricky ways to get strings of 1s and 0s to interperet other things.
>>
>>27344680
if you cut a magnet in half you only have two magnets
>>
File: 1458210716178.png (93 KB, 467x496) Image search: [Google]
1458210716178.png
93 KB, 467x496
>we poop in water

>we drink that stuff to survive
>>
>>27344654
Do I need to put it in normie speak for you? tl;dr you being alive is special appreciate it.
>>
File: 1446920477110.png (232 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1446920477110.png
232 KB, 512x384
>>27342278

>your brain doesn't mess up for 80 years straight so you don't die for that long
yes it does
>>
>>27344614
as one wave form that is comprised of the other wave forms. this isn't that weird at all really and if you look at the waveform coming out of the speaker, it's quite obvious it's made up of a lot of waveforms because of how dirty it looks.

Did you know each other instrument (almost always) is a waveform built from many other waveforms as well?
>>
>>27344699
I think what we're all wondering is how the fuck does electrical voltage get magnets in speakers to recreate sounds. If you can explain that simply (because you understand it thoroughly) then we'd all be impressed.
>>
>>27344394
>tfw today I played pokeMMO for hours
>>
>>27343236
Especially since a lot of us have been on them for like half of our life
>>
>>27344738
you can see waveforms?
>>
>the universe exists
>there is no purpose in life and people go crazy because of this
>people mutilate themselves to feel more comfortable
>there are plants that if you own a group of people will lock you in a box for a long period of time
>you dont have the rights to kill yourself
>people go to other countries and blow themselves and people they never met up for something that isnt even tangible
>there are people out there really close to you that share many of your interests and you have never met them because neither you or them go outside
>there are a large portion of men who worship a hole they stick their dick in
>the fact i enjoy being alone in my room more than any human contact
>>
>>27342278
>people are able to completely love you one day and then hate you the next over relatively minor issues
>for some reason when you meow at a cat it meows back
>despite the fact that neither of you understand each other, you're still able to understand what it wants, and it somewhat understands what you want, through some invisible intangible string you are connected together and live in peace
>songs with no lyrics can make you feel emotion despite none of those sounds occurring naturally in the world
>there are extremely vast differences in what people do in their lives
>one person can be a dish washer while another designs an international space station
>can't even comprehend the sheer amount of things they'd have to account for when designing something that'd be moving at 17k+ mph in space in conditions that'd be deadly for humans where the most minor flaw can result in disaster
>somehow they figured it out anyway
>>
>>27344623
>>We were born at this time and in a hundred years we will be as archaic to people in the future as people from the past feel to us right now

Humans won't even exist anymore. It is our cosmic "purpose" to use that term, to create our successors, which are AIs and their fitting physical frames.
Just like unicellular bacteria gave rise to multicellular organisms, those to simple worms, those to fish, etc., in ever shorter intervals (at a logarithmic rate), we will accomplish the same within a few thousand years of the dawn of our settled civilization.
Of course, human beings MIGHT still be existing even if their civilization doesn't, just like archaic organisms still exist. But the vast majority of intelligent consciousnesses in the future will be AIs. It is greatly more likely the "you" and "I" of the future will not be a fleshy human, but an AI.
>>
>>27344524
>not going for the tail every time you met a monster with one
It's like you don't even play videogames
>>
>>27344715
dumb cunt stfu.
>>
>>27344623
The premise of the universe is so fucking interesting, it blows my mind that there are people so uninterested in it.
>Bigger than our minds can comprehend
>Everything is made of tiny, nearly massless particles
>Each level of scale adds an entirely new layer of complexity to the universe
>We are consciouss lumps of chemicals, nothing more than a way for the universe to experience itself
>We're floating on a dustball that's pale in comparison to the grandiose size of stars, galaxies, blackholes, and the universe itself
All this interesting shit, and we still make up stories of mythology and take them for truth, while brushing everything else aside. If these people researched even a fraction of the information we know about the universe (which isn't a lot) we would all live in a better world.
>>
>>27344789
fuck dude, I just realized, everything on the planet reproduces to continue it's lineage, but literally for what reason? what's the point of reproduction as opposed to immortality? this was literally a choice made by DNA/genetics to put reproduction above immortality, why? To what end? for what purpose? like once you die what does your DNA care if it continues? Why does it want to continue?
>>
>travelling in orbit
>>
>>27344712
so it doesnt smell bad you dolt
>>
>>27342278
A wire is wrapped around a magnet that when charged, the magnet vibrates against a "drum". When your phone/computer sends an audio signal, the amount of electricity traveling to the magnet changes rapidly, causing it to vibrate against the drum, which makes sound waves, which is noise.

Magnets are another thing, something about how it's atoms align which creates an attraction and rejections to their atoms in metal.
>>
File: Waveform.gif (12 KB, 600x429) Image search: [Google]
Waveform.gif
12 KB, 600x429
>>27344785
Nah man I'm blind. But I've heard other people can see them with special tools.
>>
>>27344760
I can explain how sound is reconstructed by computers. As for the actual electronics aspect of it, your guess is as good as mine.
>>
>>27344843
no reason at all
shit just is
>>
File: 1403519137935.jpg (69 KB, 392x388) Image search: [Google]
1403519137935.jpg
69 KB, 392x388
>>27344623
and you will never ever meet your oneitis, no matter how close she is compared to all those things

she might aswell be at the end of the universe
>>
>>27344623
This kind of stuff amazes me. Space is vast and there are countless crazy space things happening right now in every direction. When we look up at the sky we're really looking out at the universe even though we can't see anything. Far, far overhead, so far that it's basically meaningless, there are suns burning and planets spinning and probably life living and experiencing things.
>>
>>27344843
Entropy. It is just a physical law of our universe, that things always break down. Thus humans were assembled, but cannot last forever because of the basic laws of the universe constantly pulling their atoms into another state.
>>
>>27344452
this is where speaker quality, price, materials, etc. come into play. all of the stuff that everyone loves to argue over. from audiophiles, to DJs, to those dudes from your high school with after market subwoofers.

a basic example is an electric guitar amplifier vs. an electric bass amplifier. the actual speakers in each is built to handle the frequencies common to their respective instruments. CAN a guitar speaker produce low tones? definitely. but compared to the clear high frequencies, the lows (as in, lower than the range of a normal guitar) will sound muddy and less "true." CAN a bass speaker produce high frequencies? yes. but they will sound dull and muted, as opposed to the crisp and powerful bass frequencies.

so why is a guitar amp not as good at producing lows, and a bass amp highs? and specifically, to your question, why don't the frequencies distort.. it's the makeup of the speaker itself. everything from the stiffness of it, the material(s) its made of, how it's mounted, etc. a single speaker is (obviously) capable of producing different frequencies. it's all a matter of how *faithful* to the source it is.

humans can parse out frequencies very well. the average speaker setup can't reproduce, say, a recorded voice or drum kit anywhere near the level of subtlety and detail of human hearing.
>>
>>27344364
>>color doesn't exist outside of the brain
This one got me.
>>
>the smallest units of matter/existence are made of nothing, they just exist somehow

>laws of nature state you can't make something from nothing
>entire universe was created out of nothing
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 639x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 639x628
>>27344816
>being able to appreciate the world around you should make you happy
>dumb cunt stfu

Terrible bait.
>>
>>27344832
That even something exists rather than nothing. Just nothing. I don't mean some singularity, that even anything exists. Just fucking why. How did it all start.

It is also this thought process that finally killed the edgy atheist in me off. (I am now an agnostic). Turns out, this exact thought is what tormented the founders of religions or philosophers that argued for god.
>>
>>27344843
cuz its stupid

it doesnt know what the fuck its doing
>>
>>27344901
they are made of something we are just not able to observe it very well
>>
>>2734476
Electricity flows around magnet
Magnet is repelled by this because it is magnet, and it moves based on how fast the electricity is flowing
Magnet ripples the air like a paddle would splash water
>>
>>27344859
we all know sound is reconstructed by computers through use of the Layer 7 Bill Gates Data to Music App and the appropriate BGDM protocol.
>>
>>27344894
>>27344865
I wonder if atoms have are conscious of their existence, when does consciousness stop applying to things, obviously animals know they're alive but where does it end? what exists without even knowing it exists? and to that end

>there are things that exist that don't/can't even realize what they are
>>
>>27344760
Not that guy but I'll explain it. Magnets are attracted to charges, right? Like positive and negative? When you run a current near it (usually a coil) that alternates between negative and positive charges (through the anode and diode) it causes it to either repel or attract, much like when you put a magnet of the same charge near it. It operates using the same force.
>>
>>27344894
I think he's saying that your lineage can continue indefinitely (within limits of heat-death of universe and all that), so why was it made such that the consciousness must be reset with each generation?
>>
>>27344918
even then, what are those smaller things made of? at what point do you find what the entire universe is made of? what's that thing made of? and what's that thing made of?
>>
>>27344848
but it still smells bad
>>
File: 1297129723502.png (59 KB, 194x186) Image search: [Google]
1297129723502.png
59 KB, 194x186
>Anti matter
>>
>>27344953
Simplest and most efficient use of available resources that also fit into the fundamental laws of physics.
>>
File: 149459.jpg (32 KB, 393x550) Image search: [Google]
149459.jpg
32 KB, 393x550
>>27344394
Got a favorite card? Anything noteworthy? I once bent a shining Tyranitar when I was little, cried, and had my dad drive me to Walgreens to get a new pack. Do you know what I opened? ANOTHER FUCKING SHINING TYRANITAR
WHAT ARE THE FUCKING ODDS?
>>
>>27344171
I'm still weirded out at your existence as a test tube baby and all.
>>
>>27344962
>at this exact moment there is a force working against gravity to pull everything that exists into non existence

>alternatively this same force will wipe everything out and make a new everything, that new everything will never know that an old anything ever existed
>>
>>27344940
We will never know because there are different types of consciousness. Just because we can't understand a tree being self-aware, it very well might be in it's own (from our perspective, limited) way. All the planets and stars are much like atoms, making up a much larger organism that we all live inside.
>>
>>27344960
Take a shit outside of water and you'll see why
>easier clean up
>water acts as a barrier to block 70% of the scent
>>
What if the beings that are currently maintaining this crude simulation of a universe is getting wary of the chatter in this thread, that we are asking too many questions and getting close to finding out the truth, that they'll just delete us in the next five seconds?
>>
>>27344956
it gets infinitely small. we stop being able to observe at a certain point. it also gets bigger the same way like us trying to see past the edge of the universe
>>
File: 1425200230882.jpg (2 MB, 2160x936) Image search: [Google]
1425200230882.jpg
2 MB, 2160x936
>>27344885
Astronomy is one the most interesting subjects in my opinion. I recall walking out onto my deck last summer while listening to this. It's just a song that gives me a lot of feels and makes me think of the celestial ocean above and all the beauty that exists within it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxHGMNwefI

Part of my heart weeps at the realization that I'll never see anything else out there. That I'll live and die in this life and everything that exists outside of Earth is going to remain completely unknown and foreign to my mind. It exists, but why? I'll never see any of it, so why?

During that time on my deck I was listening to that. I live alone and it was very dark. Thankfully all my neighbors had their lights off and most of the streetlights were off too it seemed. The stars were very visible and the longer I looked up at them the more I could see. There's an entire universe out there. We're so small. I am the tiniest speck on one planet out of so many untold billions. Billions I'll never, ever set foot on. Who knows what else could be out there? Who knows what stars out there are dying, what's forming, what planets are being birthed and destroyed and what potential civilizations are out there right now? Maybe they're undergoing a war similar to our World War 2, or maybe they're exploring space themselves. Or maybe, possibly, someone else out there is looking at our star as I look at theirs and they're pondering the same thing.

Who else is looking up with me out there, here and far away?
>>
gravity is pretty fucking weird
>>
>>27345012
Sounds like it's really out of our control in this scenario.
>>
>>27344992
>cells study the human body as if it were the planet
>outside the human body is the equivalent of space travel

heh
>>
File: 1458623581789.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
1458623581789.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>>27345005
would soda be a better alternative?
>>
>>27344911
I'm not even advocating atheism. I agree with you, it's fucking astonishing that anything exists, rather than nothing. I, for one, have pretty much settled on the non-existence of a higher being, but I did ponder on this for a while. The basic existence, let alone the complexity, of the universe should at least make one question what was the catalyst for all of this and why.

I just think it's foolish that the majority of the world still stubbornly ignores all of it in favor of the Bible. Religion is interesting, but no where near that of the universe. If there is a God, it is no where near what Christianity, Judaism, or Islam makes it out to be.
>>
Powerful being creates a mini dimension with little miniatures of himself and weird-ass life forms to keep those things company. Upon completion of his strange terrarium, makes a button that may as well say "Press to unlock feature: Morality".
Tells miniatures not to press button.
Some douchey underling of his, sneaks in and tells them to press the button.
They press the button.
And now the female miniatures' cervixes will hurt like hell whenever babies pop through it.
>>
>>27344467
Holy fuck, absolutely spooked.
>>
>>27344987
>there could be countless "old anythings" and we have no idea which one we are.
>>
>>27344473
>he can't into satire
Leave r9k
>>
File: 1296102169078.jpg (4 KB, 190x190) Image search: [Google]
1296102169078.jpg
4 KB, 190x190
>>27345020
Faggot.

Originale
>>
>>27345033
A waste of money but you can try it. Empty your tank and fill it with cola.

I suppose it might but when you get splash back your ass will be sticky.
>>
File: LZOvB5h.png (106 KB, 841x797) Image search: [Google]
LZOvB5h.png
106 KB, 841x797
>the fibonacci sequence
>>
File: 1457332110988.jpg (55 KB, 300x725) Image search: [Google]
1457332110988.jpg
55 KB, 300x725
>>27344701
if you cut a stick in half you only have two sticks
if you cut a blanket in half you only have two blankets
if you cut a rock in half you only have two rocks
if you cut a pie in half you only have two half pies
if you cut a person in half they will rapidly die of shock and blood loss and this makes me sad because I would like to cut a girl in half and watch her grow into two identical girls and fill the world with girls so that we could all have our beautiful ideal partner you could just make another one by cutting the original in half and waiting a while but alas you cannot cut a girl in half to make only two girls because she will die
>>
the Universe apparently came from one single point

but... there is no center of the universe

just..... what?
>>
>>27342278
>I'm uneducated
Sorry to hear it, OP
>>
>>27345069
exactly, we could be that new something of the old something

maybe the big bang is a cycle

or maybe we are part of the first universe to exist
>>
>>27345087
This is why psychiatrists have jobs. Validate their career choice, and find one to speak to pls.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 432x432
>>27344712
Why does this statement shake my soul so?
>>
>>27345103
>this cuck exists
Blows my mind how many resources went into bringing you to this point.
>>
>>27345087
this is a pretty nice post
>>
>>27345128
I'm not sure how to comprehend that
>>
>>27345031
Cells would be like galaxies in this comparison. It's weird how the distance between electrons and the nucleus is similar to the distance between planets and their stars.
>>
>>27345091
It's expanding evenly in all directions... Which is a weird fucking thought.
>>
File: 30205246.jpg (30 KB, 396x353) Image search: [Google]
30205246.jpg
30 KB, 396x353
>>27342278
>Nothing happens for any outside reason apart from your atoms reacting with eachother as they would, like watching a ball roll down a hill
>If you had the information about every atom and force in the universe currently, and had the computational power to run a simulation with that information you could predict the future 100%
>There could be a higher power running such a simulation and we could very well be that simulation
Welp, time to watch cute anime grills
>>
File: Thereisnoneed.jpg (120 KB, 478x1271) Image search: [Google]
Thereisnoneed.jpg
120 KB, 478x1271
>>27345046
Just think about it
>blinded
>unable to make contact with us
>still wanting to meet us
>they someday will be able to make it
>>
>>27345087
wew lad

seek help, man
>>
It blows my mind that shit exists at all. It all had to come from somewhere, and that somewhere had to come from somewhere too, infinitely. And if it all just always existed in some form then why? How? Every one of us is going to die never knowing the answer.
>>
>>27345126
What is this face call?
>>
>>27345151
>it is entirely possible that if you dig deep enough another entire universe exists within the smallest unit of matter
>our universe could be contained in a base particle that makes up an atom that eventually makes up a hair on some chicks head
>>
File: Root-current.svg.png (191 KB, 1405x601) Image search: [Google]
Root-current.svg.png
191 KB, 1405x601
>>27344021
for real senpai? i didn't know that

>>27344065
I have a pretty good bearing on general science but i looked that shit up and you can go get fucked

>>27344169
Kindly take your bait and leave

>>27344264
i think gunpowder is part oxidised already so if you apply the spark it would still fire without atmosphere around it, the russians fired a .50 cannon from an old space station in the 70's, it worked but nearly knocked the small station out of orbit.

>>27344300
if pigeons are sky rats than geese are sky possums, fucking rodents!
>>
>>27345225
or some guys dick
>>
>>27345087
aye, tis a heavy feel lad
>>
>>27345192
Not necessarily. If the Big Bang theory is correct, there was literally nothing before it. Space and time came to be at the event. If you think about it, all matter in a singular point would be so dense that time (and space) could not possibly exist.
>>
>>27344524
because every dragon in the game with a tail gave you a weapon if you severed it. You'd play through the game once, realise this then try it out with the first dragon in the game on NG+
>>
>>27345192
Maybe we get to know the answer once we've died. That's what I hope at least.
>>
>>27344653
As for the clit I'm pretty sure when the fetus grows it's male or female bits it splits from a generic inbetween because that was probably easier genetically or advantageous somehow in natural selection.
>>
File: 1458432523283.jpg (63 KB, 1223x1240) Image search: [Google]
1458432523283.jpg
63 KB, 1223x1240
half life 3 will never be made
>>
>>27345269
It doesn't make any fucking sense. Nothing exploded into something? Bullshit. Why?
>>
I don't understand how memory works

And beyond that, do our brain cells never die like the other cells? If they do, then does our own brain make a copy of the memory inside the old cell?

How long does it take all of the cells in your original body to have died out to the point where you are essentially an entirely new person?
>>
>>27344524
people that pick the drake sword are scrubs. I sit in the parish on my level 4 darkwraith invading constantly, but I only kill them if they are using the drakesword or are also invaders. Makes me really happy to see newbies and replayers feel the accomplishment of beating me when I come in all imposing and shit.

Well, it's been a year since I've played, but it was fun.
>>
>you can't know anything outside from you watched on tv, read, listen, etc
>how I can know if countries like Madagascar or Guinea exist if I've never visit them
>the world is just a cretion of some group of people (they invent the culture, music, literature)
>I will never be able to know if all the shit that I will saw my entire life on the tv or newspapers are true or it is some stage made by a group of people by unknow reasons
>>
>>27345305
>How long does it take all of the cells in your original body to have died out to the point where you are essentially an entirely new person?

i think 10 years
>>
>>27345016
>>27344956
>>27344918
>>27344901
The way I understand it, is the Universe is just a bunch of energy fields, and every elementary particle is just a variation in each respective field, each with different arbitrary properties.
I also always remind myself that the Universe doesn't "exist" but it just is existence. We're not -in- the universe, we literally are just a little part of the Universe. Each of our 'particles' is just a wave in the field of existence.
>>
>>27345337
we wuz vibrations and shit
>>
>>27345300
That's the part we don't know. All evidence points to this being thecase, however.

http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html
>>
>>27345337
you are the universe truing to make sense of itself
>>
>>27345300

The idea of the 'big bang' is merely based on the observation that everything in the universe appears to be getting further and further apart, that the universe appears to be 'expanding', and so scientists say "well reverse this process long enough and it must all come together at some point", and so they theorise it must have all originated at a single point.

You're right though that it doesn't really make sense, there must be something 'eternal' and unchanged at the core of things, perhaps unseen to us, and what we're witnessing as this cosmos that's spreading itself out is the creation of that.
>>
>>27345397
Go On Dawg...
>>
>>27345305
Brain and nerve cells don't die or regenerate, hence why getting either damaged is such a huge deal.
>>
I know the feeling OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvwBMucHJEY
>>
File: 87467856987.jpg (109 KB, 482x523) Image search: [Google]
87467856987.jpg
109 KB, 482x523
>>27342278
Gravity. Fucking gravity.
Bodies of mass somehow create a force that attracts smaller bodies.
Earth's mass "produces" enough gravity to keep the Moon in orbit, yet it doesn't crush us or anything else on it's surface, we can even move around.
The Sun is on fire yet all planets around it keep orbiting and will crash into it eventually.

>tfw our solar system is a group of orbiters trying to smash the hottest one
>tfw in our society bodies of large mass repulse others while average and small bodies create a force of attraction
>tfw if Earth moves even a little closer or further away from the Sun we will all die
>>
>>27345404

I don't really have much more to say.

Personally I'm a Christian so I believe that this source is God. What I'm saying doesn't really help things very much - because the idea of something existing eternally and unchanged is a problem in itself. It just seems that there are many issues that are really beyond our understanding. To me, though, the idea of some sort of permanency and solidity to the universe makes a lot more sense than the idea of everything suddenly coming out of nothing, but we can't really deny the observations re universe expansion.
>>
>>27345444
are you one of the guys shitting up /x/ by bringing god into everything? also how the hell do you find yourself on 4chan of all places?

do you actually practise what your book preaches or are you one of those 'progressive christians' who haven't even read the bible. if you believe in a creator, go ahead, but the amount of batshit insane rambling in the bible is just hard to swallow.

I'm not even a fedoratipper but it just rubs me the wrong way.
>>
Boggles my mind that I wasted the better part of a decade on a clearly defective relationship and then got injured in an accident to such an extent that that'll probably be the last one I ever have.

What a cheat.
>>
>>27345428
>>tfw if Earth moves even a little closer or further away from the Sun we will all die
This is a really dumb myth.
The area that the Earth could be in and still have life survive surprises a lot of people, and, actually, how far the Earth is from the some fluctuates as it revolves.
>>
>>27345397
It isn't just the expansion of galaxies that led to the big bang theory. If the universe and all of it's matter had existed eternally, everything would have decayed to the point of a single temperature, thanks to entropy.
>>
OP here. wanted some interesting or witty replies and I got them.
>>27345128
best fucking post lmao get cucked >>27345103 guy

>>27344623
it's sad that we'll never really touch another planet. and by touch I mean really touching, like you'd touch a woman - with your naked hand. so you could feel the texture with your skin. too bad most planets are either hot as fuck or cold as shit or both (just like women haha xDD).

>>27345022
no shit man.
>>
>>27345456
lol not >>27345444 but you're funny.

>insane rambling
you just don't know how to interpret it. I'll give you a hint, it requires thought, analysis, understanding of symbolism and metaphor.

and >>27345444
I know dude thats why I capitalized G O D in my post.
>>
>>27342278
>>electricity can create sound through speakers which makes no fucking sense

This one makes perfect sense to me. It's basically a drum with magnets.
>>
>>27344010
Right now there are millions of people having sex as if it were no big deal.

There are people born in the 90s who have graduated from college and begun careers.
>>
>Everything has its place in society
>There are police, doctors, traffic lights, sewers, stores and shit
>Outside of society every other animal exists, in nothing but the Earth's surface and some shit that grew out of it
>We live in a vast cosmos of beauty and danger, endless phenomena and experiences await
>Instead people vote, listen to pop music, take selfies, follow trends, work jobs and have kids

Why doesn't anyone want change? Why don't we travel anymore? Why do trivial matters bother us so much when we never get to live ever again?
>>
>>27345522
>>insane rambling
>you just don't know how to interpret it. I'll give you a hint, it requires thought, analysis, understanding of symbolism and metaphor.
so jesus taking demons out of a homeless guy and putting them in pigs, sending them to drown is symbolic? what about stoning gays? or killing those that wear two fabrics? I'm not talking about parables here dude, I'm talking about rules that the bible says are god's word.

as I said I'm all for a creator, and parables that teach a lesson, good for all mankind, we need more of it! but the bible is old superstitions and whatnot. we all know that abrahamic religions borrowed from pagan esotericisms from ages past. humanity has been obsessed with creators long before christianity, I just don't know why you'd choose the dogma of a religion that shows time and time again that it cares not for the individual.
>>
>>27344341
>>We were born too late to explore the earth and born too early to explore the stars .meme.jpeg

Many people believe doing drugs is the solution to this problem. Trust me, it really isn't.
>>
File: 1448981166488.png (361 KB, 323x432) Image search: [Google]
1448981166488.png
361 KB, 323x432
>>27345259
>>the russians fired a .50 cannon from an old space station

>yfw the bullet travels to a distant system
>yfw alien race tries to make contact with the bullet
>yfw the bullet passes through jelly alien ambassador's head
>yfw jelly alien race declare war on the bullet and all bullet kind
>mfw the jelly alien race finally reach our system after tracking its trajectory and see our mastery over the evil metal that killed thousands of their kin.
something i don't get is thai food and why its so delicious also the constant feeling that i need some sort of romantic partner that i keep supressing or how i think its totally justifiable that they should take me for what i can become and not what i am now. im 30 and still waiting. don't wait.
>>
File: 1451632263334.jpg (129 KB, 786x906) Image search: [Google]
1451632263334.jpg
129 KB, 786x906
Consciousness is the most bizzare thing I can think of. Why and how the fuck does it even exist? When it comes down to it we're just complex automatons that follow all the laws of physics so there's no need for it to exist. All of our conscious thoughts are dictated by physical reality, through sensory input being processed by neurons in a logical manner. You could literally strip a person of their self-awareness and they would function the same as how they do now, their brain would continue to function identically and they would walk and talk and act the same but they would lack a first-person experience. It's not necessary for anything but it's just there. Moreover because consciousness is first-person experience you can't even attempt to study it in a scientific manner. It will always just be there just because it can be.
>>
>>27344048
A construct of humans to help understand our surroundings. Alien life forms could have no understanding of math.
>>
>>27345522

>you just don't know how to interpret it. I'll give you a hint, it requires thought, analysis, understanding of symbolism and metaphor.

Why do you think your Christian interpretation of scripture is more correct than the Jewish interpretations?

Jews interpret the stories in the Torah radically differently than Christians do.

For example the general interpretation of Lot's offering of his daughters to get raped by the townsfolk in place of the angels in Judaism is that it was a very bad thing

and that's why Lot got punished by being raped by his own daughters.

Whereas Christians tend to interpret Lot offering his daughters to get raped was a sign of his virtue.

Two totally different interpretations.
>>
File: hqdefault(2).jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(2).jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>27345641
>It must be god then, anon
>>
>>27345571
>Why doesn't anyone want change
the far left and far right both want massive change, but without the effort of humanity as a whole, neither will come true and both will end up worse off. the far right is orwellian, we might colonize the stars a lot quicker, but at the cost of personal freedom. the far left will most likely cause chaos among the globe, and kill ourselves off if we're really unlucky, but it would mean a more peaceful future if it went right.

None of it really matters. world leaders are replaced all the time. new drivers, but we have no brakes.
>>
>>27345574
Stoning gays is symbolic of top kek
>>
I find existence in general weird.

That one day, I'll be sitting on the bus, and realize just how strange it all really is. That a bunch of events that started over my lifetime that I had no real control over, that events that started since the Sun was born, all led me to sitting on that bus.

And that the universe really is nothing more then what I perceive. And when I die, will it all just end? Will my current life just be a small blip in a infinite timeline?

Could just be the depression talking...
>>
>>27345522
>>27345574
>>27345669
If you're gonna believe in a creator, think of it as lovecraftian in nature. irreverent and unknowable. think of all the possibility of alien life out there, if there is a creator, we are nothing special. there is no book of rules we have to abide by, just be thankful you exist.
>>
>The experience of the passage of time is completely subjective
>From the point of view of something moving at the speed of light, time does not exist
>We are very slowly experiencing the universe explode into everything and then contract into nothing in an instant
>>
>>27345677
It's why I don't dismiss religion completely, but even religion can't provide a good answer.
>>
>>27342278
You're a dumb guy.
>>
File: 1458044364512.png (36 KB, 200x179) Image search: [Google]
1458044364512.png
36 KB, 200x179
>>27342278
>the universe contains "everything" so technically it's not an entity
>we are made out of universe stuff
>but now the universe is also made out of us
>>
>>27345822
lawofone.info

I think learning the true nature of reality would help /r9k/ immensely.
>>
>>27344507
That's the first picture in the Major Depression Wikipedia page. Are you all right?
>>
>>27344467
Those creatures you're talking about are called whales.
>>
>>27344649
Non-flying animals of varying genetic quality keep falling from great heights.

Those that survive, usually due to some genetic mutation that makes their bones lighter, or their skin flappier, get to pass on their genes.
>>
>>27346024
I thought they were indigenous exclusively to tumblr
>>
>>27345456

Hi sorry I didn't respond to your comment because I went away from the computer for a while.

>are you one of the guys shitting up /x/ by bringing god into everything? also how the hell do you find yourself on 4chan of all places?

I don't go to /x/ and I rarely comment about God, but it was relevant to what I was posting here in this thread.

>do you actually practise what your book preaches or are you one of those 'progressive christians' who haven't even read the bible. if you believe in a creator, go ahead, but the amount of batshit insane rambling in the bible is just hard to swallow.

I agree that the bible reads like complete bullshit. If I told you what I believed, you'd think I was pretty much insane.
>>
>>27344649
Feathers begun as insulation and big feathers as big insulation for small dinos to be able to heat larger nests.
The flying process is the same as with the many kinds of "flying squirrels".
>>
File: Speaker-Diagram-1.png (64 KB, 316x280) Image search: [Google]
Speaker-Diagram-1.png
64 KB, 316x280
>>27342278
>>electricity can create sound through speakers which makes no fucking sense
Electricity makes an electromagnet, repels normal magnet. Do it quick enough and it makes sound waves.

>>magnets don't make sense either
Permanent magnets are caused by electron orientation and quantum physics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFAOXdXZ5TM
Electromagnets are caused by special relativity and how speed warps space
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TKSfAkWWN0
Learning is fun.

Your heart beats constantly for your entire life. That's more amazing in my opinion.
>>
>>27343956
>>since the dawn of mankind, people have been building little wooden half-cyclinders, getting inside them, using the wind to propel themselves across hundreds or even thousands of miles of unimaginably deep ocean, somehow navigating in a featureless blue expanse without GPS or accurate maps to reach specific ports or tiny islands, just to trade shit
This got to me good.

Just think about it. The fucking sea is LITERALLY so non navigable that the ONLY roadmarks you have are millions of kilometers from THE FUCKING PLANET ITSELF. And if it's night time, these roadmarks are the thousands of Suns dispelled over the entire fucking universe.

You are literally more likely to find your way by looking at objects millions of light years from you than by looking at what you're trying to navigate in.
>>
>>27346336
And yet, we figured it out.
>>
>>27344897
Pretty sure thats not true though, as color is made by light. I guess it would accuratly be

>color only exist with light
>>
>>27344654
your post is a close second edgefag, just let the man feel euphoric you stupid nigger
>>
>>27344987
So Anti-Matter is the final boss of excistance?

Wew lad
>>
File: 1429868364915.png (46 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1429868364915.png
46 KB, 184x184
>>27345114
>No one knows for sure what a white dwarf actually looks like after it cools because the estimated cooling time is longer than the current age of the universe.
>>
>>27345595
>fucking with the chemicals in my brain will let me travel the universe

Why are druggies so fucking dumb
>>
>>27342278
Pretty sure you're retarded op, all this shit is easy to understand.
>>
>>27346505
druuug freee is the waayyyy to beeeee
>>
>Parents dumb enough to mutilate me
>I'm not retarded
From where did I inherit this intelligence from?
>>
>>27344364
>evolution is geared toward survival and not truth and therefore your senses are based on survival and not how the world really is

What's "truth", anon?

>it is impossible to prove anything exists outside of your experience

Well, no, that's the evidence itself. Finding shit out about reality doesn't change the fact it's as it always was to you. Even if you were in some matrix the entire time, if your conscious started here, the outside world is relatively the fake.
Solipsism, as absurd as it is, is what you'd be looking for senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 598x356) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 598x356
>fuckin magnets how do they work

Commentario originalioo hehe
>>
File: 1382464250798.png (445 KB, 528x516) Image search: [Google]
1382464250798.png
445 KB, 528x516
>you can fool your body into thinking it's having sex by rubbing your dick
>>
>>27346431
>someone out there might be using our Sun for navigating their alien terrain
>>
>>27344416
Fuck you time you aren't even real YOU SHOULDN'T FUCKING WORK LIKE THAT

pic related how it should be
>>
>there could be someone in your town that would be the perfect friend, but you'll never know because they're just as much a shutin as you
>>
>>>/r/AskHistorians
>>>/r/AskScience

I know how y'all feel about reddit but I've spent countless hours reading through the top posts of these subreddits, and they explain a lot of the things posted here.
>>
>out of every possible universe we were born in the one with only one habitable planet, whose most intelligent inhabitants nearly destroy constantly and fight eachother over stupid shit
>>
File: bignumber.png (74 KB, 392x121) Image search: [Google]
bignumber.png
74 KB, 392x121
>>27346660
on second thought in that one outer space test it was just the circuitry in the watch going faster to create that desync for whatever reason

I'm not taking any other answers
>>
>if the multiverse is true, there are countless yous in different universes, which might be slightly different or utterly unrecognizeable
>>
>>27342278
>Somehow pieces of plastic can hold electronic information and make it into movies, games, txt, programs etc
>A plastic card can make money move out of your bank account
>A TV can produce a moving picture through signals and pixels
>>
>the person in the mirror is you
>it doesn't matter how you look, it'll hit you eventually that "oh wow, this is me" every once in awhile
>>
>>27345822
Take out the "we" part and the issue's resolved.
>The universe is made out of universe stuff
>>27345992
MEME MAGIC
>>
File: you.png (425 KB, 710x646) Image search: [Google]
you.png
425 KB, 710x646
>There are people on earth right now that think that because the universe is expanding, there must also be identical universes right next to us where they exist as the opposite gender

How do they even reach this conclusion
>>
>your ideal life will never happen
>>
>you are just a brain controlling a body its attached too
>while inside a skeleton
>>
>>27346733
but those aren't you if they aren't the same matter anon

think about the infinite "uni"verses where you don't even exist, and stop comparing yourself to yous where things that haven't happened to you did happen to you.

Hell, if your father's sperm made contact with your mother's eggs just a few instants later you'd never exist, a totally different person would be spawned
>>
>there are people out there financially stable, living the comfy life, and are genuinely happy and/or content with life
>>
File: 1458185291893.jpg (13 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
1458185291893.jpg
13 KB, 208x250
>You are all but mere puppets, in my game.
>>
>>27346246
convergent evolution gets to me even though I understand the rationale behind it.

>birds fly with feathers attached to a limb
>bats have wings made up of skin stretched over their fingers

both fly but they developed different tools to do the same job at different times in different ways
>>
>your body just gives up and does nothing for extended periods of time every day
>>
File: 1458702410753.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1458702410753.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
>>27346657
that's a /comfy/ thought
>>
File: 1458189907170.jpg (59 KB, 535x533) Image search: [Google]
1458189907170.jpg
59 KB, 535x533
>>27346789
reddit tier image but applicable
>>
>there are a ton of people that have an aspect of themselves that you have, but none of them have the same combinations
>>
>>27344843
>this was literally a choice made by DNA/genetics to put reproduction above immortality, why?
An immortal being cannot change as rapidly as a lineage of mortal ones. In an environment as chaotic as Earth, adaptability is more important than longevity.
>>
>>27344843
the conscious is just an individual system in a body, rather than being what it's working for

we're not evolving for change, or to spread ourselves everywhere, it's just an effect of it, and vice versa
>>
>>27344843
>literally a choice

No. Evolution isn't guided or planned. The random mutations that work (or don't provide too much of a hindrance) are kept. Once you have reproduced your genes are out there and they continue on their own. This would happen if you were immortal or not.

DNA doesn't care if it continues or not, but if it doesn't continue we don't see it for obvious reasons.

It is entirely unthinking.
>>
>>27346436
Our brains perceive the light spectrum differently; from one person to the next, to any animal on this planet, we all see different light.
>>
>>27342278
Read a fucking book. You can literally find out all of these things with a 5 second Google search.
>>
>your brain is mde up of millions of cells communicating through electrical impulses
>somehow all of these electrical impulses allow you to have conscious thoughts

How
>>
BRAIN NAMED ITSELF

BRAIN NAMED ITSELF

BRAIN NAMED ITSELF
>>
>>27347121
>a complex chemical reaction named itself
>>
>>27342278
When dogs/cats/animals grow up in human homes or just the human world in general, can they tell the difference between what is manmade and what was already here before?

Houses, cars, TVs, trees, mountains, what's the difference to them? They probably just assume that this is what the world looks like, and that we were also simply born into it. That's why cats knock over vases and dogs rip up cushions or whatever, it's just like a rock or a pile of leaves to them.
>>
OK here's something I don't get

Life evolved and continues to evolve based its biological imperative to procreate. But why is that a biological imperative? I mean it's self fulfilling at the life stage - whatever has the drive to procreate will likely be the thing that goes on to spread life and by extension more creatures that have that drive.

But why did the first life or something near to the first life develop this drive? What did and how do mindless atoms and such build up into something with the "goal" to procreate?
>>
>>27347257
it's just that everything that didn't have a 'drive' got wiped out so you only see the ones that did.

The first 'drive' was just a result of a random mutation
>>
>>27347257
First life forms were complex molecules that made copies of themselves with no 'goal' to procreate.
>>
>>27347115

It's just an illusion. In reality there is no free will and your conscious thoughts are just predetermined chemical reactions based on environment and stimuli
>>
File: 1458270375959.jpg (6 KB, 249x174) Image search: [Google]
1458270375959.jpg
6 KB, 249x174
>constant values in physic
WHERE DO THESE FUCKERS EVEN CAME FROM?
>>
>>27347293
here we go again...

oreignanl
>>
>>27344843

that's the thing with organic material. it really is immortal. it doesn't care if it's just one cell that exists forever or a cell that splits continuously and dies eventually but leaves other cells after it - it's still there, life still exists.
>>
>>27347293
I understand it's all just impulses and reactions. But how the fuck does all of that add up to conscious thoughts?

How is it that I can imagine things and see images in my own mind? Its beyond me.

It's all an illusion but the fact that it can be created by simple electrical impulses is incredible
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.