[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a meal I can prepare and eat everyday and get everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: 1458115476768.png (132 KB, 350x418) Image search: [Google]
1458115476768.png
132 KB, 350x418
What is a meal I can prepare and eat everyday and get everything I need nutritionally and not die if I eat it the rest of my life?

Minimal cost is good too. Can I live off rice and cuts of chicken? Or maybe just cans of Campbell's split pea or vegetable beef soup and lunch meat and cheese sandwiches?
>>
>>27340929
bread and butter and lettuce
>>
I've thought of this too. Some soy shakes claim to have all necessary nutritional ingredients.
>>
>>27340929
Also under 1200 calories and I only eat once a day.

I'm trying to diet so I need to start simple.
>>
>>27340929

You could probably live off of chicken, rice and some veggies. I'd suggest eating some fruit, too.
>>
>>27340929

Rice, beans, potatoes, eggs.

Red beans and rice in particular. Potatoes are a complete food as well. Buy rice (brown rice) in bulk from Asian grocers, depending on where you live. Buy beans dry in large sacks.
>>
>>27341197
I have some soylent, but it is kinda expensive to live off of, unless I only drink 1 or two a day which is 400-800 calories a day. If I did 2 soylent a day and a Bologna sandwich every once and a while, would that be viable?
>>
stir fry, chop suey, chili, kale salad with some type of protein in it (doesn't have to be meat), goulash, gumbo.
basically any dish composed of beans and rice with meat and other scraps thrown into it.
i think chop suey literally means cut up left overs.

multivitamin if you can't prepare vegetables all the time.
>>
Potatoes are cheap as fuck and I think someone actually did some sort of experiment where he ate nothing but potatoes for a month and he was fine. Really though you'll probably get sick of them and bored so try Chilli from scratch (super easy and cheap), rice is great with whatever you want to throw in it too.

Source: poor University student
>>
>>27341278

Yep this is all I eat and I'm fairly healthy. I just dump pieces of chicken or pork, rice, beans and veggies in a pot on the stovetop and let it cook for a while. The pot sits covered in my bridge and I eat straight out of it. When I'm out of food I wash it and cook a new batch.

Been doing this since 2009.
>>
>>27341323
*fridge, i am a bad typer
>>
File: 1412444736630-0-poverty.jpg (400 KB, 1126x1001) Image search: [Google]
1412444736630-0-poverty.jpg
400 KB, 1126x1001
Kroger canned vegetables (peas,carrots,corn,celery,lima bean,potatoes) protip: season it for best results

Kroger simple truth tri-bean blend (black,pinto,kidney beans) protip: mix w/ rice (pref mexican rice) & chicken (again, season that shit)

Nature's path hemp granola w/ almond/ hemp milk

Call me a faggot or whatever but this is basically what I eat all the time.

Common Seasoning ingredients: salt,pepper,onion/garlic powder, red pepper, parsley, etc.

Also look up "bean salad recipe" that shit is cash and good 4 u
>>
File: 27.gif (917 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
27.gif
917 KB, 500x500
>>27340929
>What is a meal I can prepare and eat everyday and get everything I need nutritionally and not die

Human female breast milk.

I could NOT be shitting you any harder if I tried. It is the honest to god truth, look it up.
>>
File: IMG_5413.png (394 KB, 463x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5413.png
394 KB, 463x640
Just eat raw. Straight up just fruit. You'll end up getting into shape after about half a year. High carb it up.
>>
>>27341290
Of you don't cook potatoes right they will give you colon cancer.
>>
>>27340929
A lot of times I have eggs, spinach, berries, and some sort of whole grain (oatmeal, whole wheat bread, brown rice) for breakfast.

Eggs for protein, spinach is very vitamin dense and have pretty much no calories, berries for dem antioxidants and extra vitamins, and whole grains for a source of complex carbs.

All of these are cheap too, especially the spinach and berries if you buy them frozen. Eggs are inexpensive compared to chicken and fish (beans are cheaper, but are generally more time consuming to make). A container of oats can last you for several months too.

Make sure to cook the eggs and spinach in some olive oil as a quality source of fats.
>>
>>27341373
>tfw no mega milk titty gf who can produce enough milk for me to live off of

The idea of living off of something another persons body creates is surprisingly hot desu
>>
>>27340929
Download cron-o-meter, set your preferred macronutrient ratios, experiment with various recipes. Note that you can make custom ingredients, eg. "mixed vegetables" with whatever vegetables you like, instead of having to enter them individually each time.

I don't have a complete final recipe yet but I've done some tests. Frozen vegetables + dried grains/legumes gives you best micronutrients for the money, and dried foods aren't too much hassle when you're cooking in bulk. And frozen vegetables are actually more nutritious than fresh because they're picked at peak condition instead of early for shelf life.
>>
File: 1458495983971.gif (498 KB, 415x281) Image search: [Google]
1458495983971.gif
498 KB, 415x281
>>27341427
What if I mash them all the time? Mashed potatoes are all I eat anyway. Fuck baked potatoes.
>>
File: drink_homehero.2364b1811c78.jpg (98 KB, 1120x630) Image search: [Google]
drink_homehero.2364b1811c78.jpg
98 KB, 1120x630
>>27340929
https://www.soylent.com
This has everything you need.
>>
you can live on eggs rice/lentiles/beans and veggies
>>
I have a question
Since my edgy teenager years I've been disgusted by food.
I thought that it would pass away, but I hate fucking food, can I live off vitamins? Anything cooked disgusts me to the core, and packed too. Now I try to swallow my pride and eat the phyisical jew, but I can't stop almost vomiting each time I eat, what do robots
>>
>>27341469
Plenty of people are already living your dream anon
http://www.themarysue.com/guy-survive-wifes-breast-milk/

Someone on Yahoo did the legwork. Source of breastmilk nutritional value: http://archive.unu.edu/unupress/food/8F174e/8F174E04.htm
full breakdown: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100115205817AAfrbkD

I also forgot to mention Soylent. The founder has been living off of it alone for years now. Crazy stuff to imagine.
>>
File: soylent.jpg (21 KB, 645x645) Image search: [Google]
soylent.jpg
21 KB, 645x645
>>27340929
There's Soylent. It's a powder that you mix with water and contains everything you need to be healthy. I've tried it, and I highly recommend it. It's a little expensive though, it will cost you about $7.75 per day.

https://www.soylent.com/product/powder/

>>27341373
This is my fetish. I wish this was true and readily available.
>>
>>27341418
Shoo freelee, away
>>
>>27341472
I have to pay $2.50 for that app? Is it worth it? Sparkpeople has an app and it the does the same thing and is free.
>>
>>27340929
soylent, but you'll die if you do it wrong
obviously you have to make it yourself if you want it to be cheap
>>
>>27341602
>I wish this was true and readily available.
http://www.onlythebreast.com/
I should also mention every state has a breast milk bank just like a food bank.

Yeah I also mentioned soylent as well. Would invest, but solid food is a necessary evil.
>>
>>27341642
>>27341602
I'm actually going to be doing something similar to the 30 day meal thing with Soylent. I'm saving my good boy points and subsisting off of soylent only, since I'm literally autistic and eat everything in sight even if I'm full, or sometimes don't eat and starve then eat and gain weight, a steady supply of soylent will be easy for me to separate fueling myself and the pleasure of eating good food. I'm this much of a faggot, and this ready for it.
>>
>>27341642
I have 3 months worth of premade soylent bottles sitting around my house. Can I live off two a day?
>>
>>27341636
There's a free version included in most Linux distros, it's Java based so I assume it will run on Windows too.
>>
>>27341728
Like Soylent 2.0? Each bottle only has 400 calories. 800 calories a day isn't going to be enough.
>>
File: 1457665881885.jpg (198 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
1457665881885.jpg
198 KB, 960x717
>>27341678
Me too familam, you wanna lose weight together? I can spot you while we lift.
>>
>>27341789
If my initial goal is to lose weight, would 3 a day until I run out be good? But then I should be able start making my own soylent.
>>
>>27341844
Here's a handy tool to help you out.

https://diy.soylent.com/nutrient-profiles/calculator
>>
>>27341802
>tfw no real asperger king
>tfw can't ask for a peeled bun, a perfect onion slice, stacked french fries, two pickles placed at an equal distance from each other not too near the edge of the bun
>tfw can't ask for perfectly lined sauces in the corner, triangle folded napkins

ANYWAY

No joke I'd do that. I gotta wait for my new debit card to get in, I just managed to get a part time and after not shooting myself the first week I'm pretty sure I'm getting $200 in the mail as a check soon.

As soon as I get it, I'm buying the $216 monthly subscription for 28 bags. It'll probably be two weeks before I actually get the soylent. 400kcal a meal, 4 meals a day. Also gotta buy a scale, maybe body fat calipers.

I have to lose...120 pounds or so.
>>
>>27341602
dont the isoflavones in soy give men bitch tits because they mimic estrogen
>>
File: 1375824060746.gif (123 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1375824060746.gif
123 KB, 360x360
>>27341548
>https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100115205817AAfrbkD

> If an adult had 2000 calories of breast milk a day, that would be 3L of breast milk, certainly adequate liquid.
>That said, I found a source that says that a woman's breast milk production averages only 850ml a day, so it would actually take about 3.5 women to produce enough for one adult.

I wouldn't be able to survive off of a wife alone.
>>
>>27341957
I'm fat, I already got bitch tits, however if I stand right and wear the right clothes, they look like bitchen pecks and people ask me if I lift.
>>
>>27341957
I already have bad gyno from the autism and medication, literally no joke, I have boobs, I can wear a bra, I wish I had a gf that would lick my tits.
>>
>>27342011
You can still buy breast milk and have her feed it to you?
>>27341678
You should be fine. But after weighing the pros and cons, I prefer to eat a turkey or fish sandwich everyday instead.
>>
>>27341926

I looked into diy soylent. You can buy bulk shit from major food supply companies. 50lbs oat flour, flaxmeal, freeze dried fruit powders, raw cocoa, whole fat powdered milk, powdered cream, whey isolate(or flavored brotein powder), powdered Kale, vitamin, 'lytes, and minerals. Just add water. Maybe have a single solid meal every couple days for extra variety.
>>
I did 2 peices of toast with butter
A can of tuna for lunch
And soup for dinner
And shit tons of drugs
For like 9 months and lost about 65 pounds
>>
>>27341957
No. The only soy in the powder is soy lecithin, which is already in everything anyway.

>>27342147
>You can still buy breast milk and have her feed it to you?

It just wouldn't be the same.
>>
Can't go wrong with a peanut butter an jelly.
>>
>>27340929
hard boiled eggs - lack of originality thing
>>
Spinach is a good option. 100 grams of spinach has healthy amounts of vitamins A, C, E, K, several B vitamins, and minerals including iron and calcium.

Oatmeal, sardines, potatoes, milk, sunflower margarine has Vitamin E, D. Any cheap fruit.
>>
Who here /coffee and apple/?
>>
>>27340929
>premade soup
>lunch meat
Way too much sodium.

If I were you I'd just subsist on Soylent-- maybe the kind you mix yourself cause it's a little cheaper-- for most of my meals.
>>
I think the USDA website has a lot of low-cost meals that are nutritionally complete and easy to make. Just pick one or two that you like
>>
>>27340929
If you're alright with two meals, chicken+rice and beef+pasta. I too thought I was autistic enough to get by eating the same thing every day but I only lasted like a year
>>
>>27341234
Once a day, 1200 calories? God damn.

Fucking... 6 scoops of protein powder. 2 servings of peanut butter. 2 servings of coconut oil. 2 bananas. And uh, count out roughly how many calories that adds up to and adjust it a bit as needed.

Fucking hell, 1200 one meal a day. Insane..
>>
>>27344518
>6 scoops

LEAVE HUMANITY BEHIND
>>
>>27344587
The guy said one meal a day. So. Fuck it, right?
>>
Rice (or quinoa, if you feel like you want something with a little more substance to it, and don't mind spending the extra shekels)
Canned beans (soaking and cooking your own is too much work)
Broccoli (cook before consumption)
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Potatoes
Spinach or other cheap greens, cook it immediately and refrigerate.
Whole wheat bread, if you can find it cheap,
Yogurt or cheese for dairy (good luck finding affordable raw milk)

Consume these in any flavorful combination.
>>
>>27341262
From what I've learned after researching it, soy and soy protein isolate are probably bad for you. Same with whey protein. If you need cheap, nonperishable protein, eat nuts.
>>
>>27341888
Okay so now I have a profile, what do I do next?
>>
>>27340929
There is this company that actually made like a sort of protein shake that contains ALL the necessary ingredients for you to live. It's also fairly cheap and comes in giant (solid) cubes which you break down into smaller pieces, add water and that's it.

Forgot the name of the company tho ;-;
>>
>>27341234

I've used the site DIYSoylent to find an induction phase keto pseudo-soylent.

Check the site, there are loads of recipes and you can get all of the ingredients from Amazon, usually. I've already dropped 15 pounds in two months with no exercise at all. The recipe I use clocks in at about 1,000 kcal and I drink half of it a couple of times a day.
>>
FYI, you don't need to buy this name brand Soylent crap. Just make your own DIY recipe based on your available foods/tastes/budget. Go to a Costco/warehouse/bulk foods/internet store and buy the following: cheapest reputable quality whey protein, oatmeal "flour" (or just grind it your own), sugar/corn syrup, peanut butter (or if you're really cheap just cooking oil), soluble flber, and the following two minerals: calcium carbonate (or just buy an almond milk), and potassium citrate or magnesium from a specialty store or pharmacy. Get a multivitamin for whatever is missing from your diet and that should be it.

You can portion the dry stuff out using a scale or measuring cup and put it into sandwich/quart ziplock bags. You'll need a blender bottle or actual blender to prepare it with the liquids and fats you chosen.

Calculate the macros/micros based on your BMI and dietary goals; look at the Soylent recipes for inspiration.
>>
File: JRW-17005-5.jpg (174 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
JRW-17005-5.jpg
174 KB, 1600x1600
Free tip to all robots: Chlorella powder.

That seaweed is like nature's multivitamin, it contains everything, and being natural it absorbs a lot better than pills.

I've been taking it for over a year now every day. It restored my voice within two weeks and has other smaller health benefits. (I used to have chronic flu, my throat was always so full of goo I couldn't even speak without first coughing for a minute).

Pic related is the particular brand I use. I go through about 2 kg a year, aka maybe 80$/year.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.