[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military robots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 39
File: op-chan.jpg (68 KB, 500x564) Image search: [Google]
op-chan.jpg
68 KB, 500x564
>joining the military to halt my slippery slope to NEETdom and give my life direction

Anyone here with military experience? Country/branch/job pls.
>>
>>27339031
I'm on the same path as you my soon to be ex-NEET brother. Ship for navy basic in may. What about you?
>>
>supporting any kind of military
how does it feel being a worthless trash piece of shit human?
You should browse more reddit
>>
>>27339031
>tell everyone I'm going to join military
>don't

/devilish/
>>
>>27339061
Avionics tech in Chair Force. Shipping to basic in mid-April, which is way sooner than I expected. Scared because I haven't been exercising regularly.
>>
>>27339144
Nigga, I'm an anarchist and I still support the military.
>>
>>27339144
I'm using the navy to get top secret clearance for an awesome job in the future my dude. No nationalism in me tbqh

>>27339173
Sounds neat. I'm going to be a Crypto Tech Networks guy so I get big bucks when I get out
>>
File: 1457618101122.jpg (165 KB, 800x551) Image search: [Google]
1457618101122.jpg
165 KB, 800x551
>>27339031
soon to be 13B here, im thinking of becoming a truck driver but idk if they allow 19 year olds to become one
>>
>>27339247
fuck i meant to say 11B, also i need to hand this note from my doctor to my recruiter, havent been back to his office in almost two weeks
>>
File: women military.jpg (1 MB, 4571x3411) Image search: [Google]
women military.jpg
1 MB, 4571x3411
>>27339031
smuggle some skittles with you into boot camp
>>
>fighting for the ZOG

Good goy
>>
I wasn't dumb or heartless enough to sign up as a grunt, but I'm breddy excited to shoot guns and do mock combat in BMQ.
>>
>>27339031
Did 6 years as a sonar tech on a submarine. I wanted to build a resume without student loans. It worked. I now make serious money as a field service engineer and travel all over the place. All due to the experience and school that is part of the navy sonar training pipeline.

The military is hard work. Very long hours. The first year or two horrible because you are the junior guy, so you get fucked into doing the worst jobs. But then it gets better about 2 years in. Plus you are miserable with your friends.

The best part is A) resume building B) you spend every work day with all your buddies. No matter how shitty it gets, at least your bros are there to hang out with.
>>
I'm joining the military when they lift the ban on trannies.

My father and grandfather were in the military and I want to be cool like them.
>>
>>27339511
the military doesn't take kindly to gays
>>
>>27339499
Did you use your credits from your a/c school to get an associates? How do the credits translate into the real world?
>>
>>27339031
0341 here,

Navy and Air Force are pretty chill Army and Marine Corps is just military with a couple extra dollops of stupid. ESPECIALLY the last.
Best men I ever met though, it's sad I'll never see that caliber of person again
>>
File: Frankie.jpg (10 KB, 310x230) Image search: [Google]
Frankie.jpg
10 KB, 310x230
>>27339031
>wanted to join the military to save myself from neetdom
>Turned out to be a tranny and literally can't anymore
>>
US Army
Life is easy, but also it really sucks at times. Pay is good, but better in civ world. Don't have to worry about housing/food, but have to worry about shit normal jobs wouldn't even consider.

Been in 2.5 years, have PCS'd 4 times. Fucking hate that.
>>
Shipping for Great Lakes at the end of April got myself an FTS IT contract
>>
>>27339511
You will be hazed the point of suicide if you are serious. You will never enjoy a peaceful day and will not be accepted or respected by your peers. Ever. Expect to be fucked with every single day until you give up or threaten suicide.

You really think anyone wants to be confined in close quarters for long periods of time with someone who is mentally ill? You are a liability and do not belong in the military.
>>
File: 268.jpg (44 KB, 329x399) Image search: [Google]
268.jpg
44 KB, 329x399
>>27339555
good, we don't need gays in the military
>>
>>27339555
>>27339511
Mentally ill people aren't allowed in ever. Bipolar people have a better chance and that chance is zero
>>
I'm joining the navy and I know reddit has a navy subreddit but I don't feel like learning how to use the website
>>
>>27339536
I would say 3/4 of the classes from A school and follow up schools translated into credits. It depends on what school, but almost any university will bend over backwards to take your official training jacket and convert it for you. They want the stats that come with graduating veterans.

I had all of the submarine sonar A school pipeline, then another 12 weeks or so total of follow up fleet schools. Acint, sonar sup school, advanced oceanography, a few others. The university took all of them and magically made them credits.

Took me half the time to get associates in science. When you are in the fleet, take every school you can. Pester the shit out of your school coordinator. Totally worth it.
>>
>>27339579
I don't care. Everyone in the universe can hate me in the military. Maybe it will give unity to all the other soldiers, they will bond together, united by their hate for me. I can't not be a tranny, but if allowed I can at least work hard to serve the country that doesn't execute me for being a tranny.
>>
>have an edgy phase and generally feeling like shit
>travelled to French Foreign Legion
>turn back at the door
Wasted over 1000 bucks on the trip but looking back I'm really fucking happy I didn't sign up.
>>
>French Foreign Legion
>5 days
>didn't get in
>>
File: we're both boys anon.jpg (119 KB, 607x428) Image search: [Google]
we're both boys anon.jpg
119 KB, 607x428
>>27339678
I'm used to being hated by everyone. I shitpost on 4chan every day. Plus I went to highschool.
>>
>>27339585
Have you been around Marines? A bit late for that...
>>
>>27339686
They might not have taken you anyway.

Everyone seems to think they can just up and join. In reality they require that you be in pretty good physical shape, better than just joining the US military I believe.
>>
>>27339144
As long as your job doesn't involve killing, police work, or surveillance, I don't think being military automatically makes you a totalitarian bootlicker.
>>
>>27339626
When you are in boot camp you will have a few dozen mouth breathing retards in your division. Let them attract the abuse. All you need to do to stay out of the radar is follow directions exactly. When they say to one line a mistake you make when writing something, DO IT. If you merely listen to the instructors and do exactly what they say, every time, you won't get dropped nearly as much as most people.

be able to run 2 miles at a decent pace, 60 push-ups and 60 sit-ups before you go. Trust me. Especially the running. You don't want to be lumped in with the fat kids. They will beat you hard.
>>
>>27339626
Guy who went through Navy basic here. What do you want to know anon?

>Attended Navy basic at Great Lakes in 2012, got kicked out for slipping a disc in my back
>>
>>27339712
This. You need to be physically fit and need passable French.
>>
>>27339752
>slipping a disc in my back
What the fuck did you do?
>>
Canada/Infantry

I put my CT in to reg force, been in for almost two years now. It's alright I guess. There's times when I wonder why I joined that shit and other days when I feel I enjoy it. Overall it's a mixed feeling but I have a sense of pride in what I do.

People here seem to be pretty disrespectful to the military however. Especially people in college towns where they are like oh you aren't going to university oh automatic loser.

Yea enjoy your student loan debt faggot.
>>
>>27339031

Spent eight years in the navy. It was a perfect experience for figuring out exactly what I didn't want to do with my life.

Good luck out there.
>>
First appointment with Air Force recruiter is tomorrow, any advice for me lads?
>>
File: CNT.jpg (66 KB, 800x569) Image search: [Google]
CNT.jpg
66 KB, 800x569
>>27339194
>I'm an anarchist and I still support the military.
>I'm an anarchist and I support a state institution.
>probably a "right-libertarian"
Read a fucking book.
>>
>>27339712
It's the most demanding non-special service training in the world. But statisticaly even if are capable of doing training (farm) you have about a 20% chance of making it to that stage. Having said that they do seem to want english language speakers, maybe easier to learn french idk.
>>
>>27339780
They're literally doing the sour grapes shit. Fuck em
>>
>>27339699
I'd give up that weird catboi and tranny shit if I were you or keep it on the downlow. You don't want to be seen as an Aspie in the army depending on the branch. I mean signals or something gay like that won't be too bad to be an Aspie in but something that isn't a POG trade I'd avoid being a softie or shy/quiet type.
>>
>>27339776
You don't need to know any french whatsoever, just need to learn it once there.
>>
>>27339779
We were sitting on the hard floor for like 3 hours for punishment. Not allowed to talk, move, etc. When it was over, I stood up and then collapsed again. Doctor said I slipped it.

Went through another 2 months of RCU on top of almost two months in regular basic. Almost fully healed, then they decided I was taking too long to heal so they discharged me.
>>
>>27339752
What exactly happens a during pdays? All the videos I've watch don't really do I no detail
>>
>joining the military for money

that's about it
should ship in like september if i dont fuck up
>>
>>27339144
oy vey, did we forget to demolish your house, Ahmed?
>>
>>27339808
Women do it too. I honestly thought women liked guys in uniform. In Fredericton, NB its even worse than where I am right now. Holy fuck. And it's not just me thinking this everyone else says it too.

Military is a MGTOW sort of career. Just avoid females in the army except for the whole yes ma'am routine and avoid civilian women so they don't try and take your money or try and make you leave your job for a gay relationship where she leaves you for your buddy or some wigger with a faggot gangster hat.
>>
>>27339794
They will lie their ass off. You don't pick a job with the recruiter. You pick a job at Meps. If you nail the asvab, and you should cause it's easy, you can pick any job basically. If there is a long wait for the job you want, then wait. Sign the papers, take the job, and wait. Only sign paper that has the job you want on it. Don't let them hustle you into a shitty job just because it's first available. I waited 6 months to get into the sonar sub pipeline.
>>
>>27339830
Their drill instructors speak French, so unless you have a guy there who can also speak English to translate for you, you're fucked.
>>
>>27339712
Back then I spent all my time lifting and running (and vidya). The bootcamp had pleb tier qualification times on the exercises. Not that that would've guaranteed anything but I'm still happy I didn't go through with my shitty plans.
>>
>>27339868
Did you do a fucking cartwheel on your way up? How do you slip a vertebrae standing up? Are you a hungry skeleton?
>>
>>27339144
Hows it feel to be a peace loving cuck that would have to bend over and get fucked in the ass by Muslim rape gangs without military or police. If anything our military is too soft.

Say you had a house with a wife and some guys come in and their like we are going fuck your wife and take all your shit then we are going to cum inside your ass. You have no way to defend yourself.

Bend over.
>>
>>27339900
In the first early days (was there for nearly a week) they tell you a ton of stuff and it gets translated about 8 times. Also after preselection you actualy get french lessons.
>>
>>27339878
P-days is all just the basic checkups and shit. They're making sure you're fit for training to a larger degree than a MEPS screening. Things like eye exams, dentist check up, hearing test, etc.

It usually lasts for a few days, up to a week if you're full of fuckups.
>>
>>27339878
Lots of waiting wearing nasty ass sweat suits. Basic eye exam, hair cut, medical exams, paperwork, uniform fitting, more paperwork. P-days are terrible. Hours of sitting in silence waiting for your turn to see a doctor or someone else. Just keep your mouth shut and do exactly what they say. There will be plenty of morons to take the heat, if you can keep your mouth shut.
>>
>>27339899
I didn't get any jobs I wanted I got an 83 on the asvab and picked IT because I just wanted to leave
>>
>>27339356
Do you want ants? Cause this is how you get ants.
>>
>>27339952
Ah, I had just watched a documentary on them and no one spoke English or translated. One of his bunkmates had to translate for him.

But it was filmed 5 years or so ago.
>>
>>27339031
USA
Fucking MARINE CORPS

Travel the world. Kill people. Make money, fuck you all.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458655883481.jpg (21 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458655883481.jpg
21 KB, 540x960
I fix hueys and cobras in the marine corp.Been in 2 years 3 months and just waiting to get out.Everyone is a Chad or normal in my shop.They know I'm kind of aspie,but i'm generally liked.I kinda suck at my job and being a marine in general,but I get left alone because they see me try.
>>
>>27339924
Nope. I have no idea how it happened and no doctor has been able to explain to me how I did it either.

I did lose like 50 pounds while I was in though.
>>
>>27340052
Boot LCPL, go sweep the fucking deck
>>
>>27339962
>>27339971
If I've mad it through Meps and have sworn in does that mean I'm all set? I kinda withheld a few minor details like I had reading glasses but never wore them so I technically didn't lie when I said I don't wear any
>>
Navy SO1.
>>
>>27340174
You're gonna kill everyone because you misread some coordinates.
GG no RE.
>>
>>27340167
Don't do that anymore fampi.Got me some quals.
>>
>>27340286
>implying he won't be a paper pusher or culinary master
>>
>>27340286
I made it through school and a semester of college you fuckwad I didn't wear them because I didn't need them
>>
>>27340318
>triggered by a shitty joke
I'm sure you'll do fine in the army.
>>
>>27340174
Nah, they don't care about that. They gave me glasses and I didn't even know I needed them until I read the eye chart. Happens all the time there apparently.
>>
>>27340174
What other shit did you not mention? Broken bones or something?
>>
File: 145835457568.jpg (50 KB, 321x400) Image search: [Google]
145835457568.jpg
50 KB, 321x400
>>27339031
Germany, airborne infantry

Back then we still had mandatory service so we all did our 9 months, except those who chose community service instead or had medical issues.

>get up at 5am, march around until 6pm or sometimes 11pm
>during training turns out I shoot better than most
>sergeant brings me in for extra training
>bretty gud
>sadly they also find out my body is sturdy
>have to carry around machine guns and ammo
>training exercises are fun as fuck desu
>learn a lot
>feel gud
>we try hard to be modern good boy Germans
>for example only allowed to raise left arm for asking questions
>racist jokes are big no no
>think it's gonna be like this

>after basic training get transferred to new unit
>it's a heavy combat unit
>they have mortars, machine guns, vehicles, all that good shit
>platoon leader is a private paula-tier psycho
>mortar shells are used as wall decorations
>old black and white pictures of Wehrmacht paratroopers everywhere
>painting of blue-eyed blonde viking in hallway
>new CO yells "BOOM BOOM THE RUSSIANS ARE HERE BOYS" to wake us up
>welp this sure is different
>heavy machine gun exercise
>CO creeps up behind me, whispers "you're dead"
>wtf
>he stares at me and repeats "you're dead if you shoot like that"
>tells me to hold it differently, gives me some pointers
>feels much better
>he tells me the machine gun can feel if I'm a little bitch so I need to stop being a faggot and grab it like a man
>stands beside me and gives me a creepy grin while I keep shooting
>almost orgasm from the recoil
>he yells THIS IS THE LIFE EH
>feel sexually confused

This was almost ten years ago, would recommend.
You learn some basic life skills and especially if you had a weak or absent father they will drill it into your head in like the first three months.
>>
I'm also in the navy seals currently. Did 10 tours in Iraq, ranked Master Sergeant Commando 10th prestige. Lost my leg to Paki artillery on the Nile during the siege of Bastone. Lost a lot of fellow jarheads in that battle. I could smell the burning dog tags from a mile away, and all I could do was eat my hardtack MRE and wait for reinforcements. Any other fellow veterans here?
>>
File: sniper.jpg (155 KB, 1600x1134) Image search: [Google]
sniper.jpg
155 KB, 1600x1134
How many weebs/geeks/robots are in the military?

I imagine infantry is 95% dudebros but more tech oriented jobs must have some weirdos in them, right?
>>
>>27340787
Nukes are 100% weirdos for sure. Night elf mohawk dungeons and dildos type weird
>>
>>27339575
You sir won the lottery. Their advancement rate is ridiculous.
>>
>>27340711
Yeah gonna need a timestamped pic of your leg m8.
>>
>>27340824
r u retarded my nigga
>>
>>27340806
Any input on tech guys? I'm >>27339173 this guy
>>
File: fug rootbeer.png (82 KB, 255x207) Image search: [Google]
fug rootbeer.png
82 KB, 255x207
>be in Army
>1SG does a barracks inspection
>almost finds my thong and dildo that Iuse when I ERP as a night elf in WoW
>literal sweat forming
>he leaves
>mfw

I'm not gay but holy shit RIP me if he found t
>>
>>27340872
Not sure about air force my man, I imagine you guys just blare music while painting pinup gals on your planes
>>
>>27340944
And have gay volleyball tourneys
>>
File: ehf.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ehf.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
>>27339031

Enlisted Network Engineer in the Air Force

>set interfaces ge-0/0/1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching
>inb4 Juniper is shit

It ranges from great to shit depending on your assignment, leadership, etc. It all depends on the luck of the draw. I got West Texas and eh. Like some anons have said it's a great way to build a resume and get education in, but most people don't stay for good reasons. There's lots of bullshit you have to put up with and lots of rules you have to follow in addition. Your duties are so seperated as well I often find myself going out on jobs to program a switch or make an install only to say "Well, here is the problem. BUT it's not my job." So you have to transfer the ticket to them, they troubleshoot and say, "Nah brah it's definitely you." And it just goes back and forth until they admit they were wrong, it was them the whole time. It's a nightmare.

Enlisted (not Officer) make reasonable money but ultimately with a college degree and some certs you can usually make more on the outside depending on your job. If not more than the same, but not having to wear a uniform, deploy, PT test, or do any of the other shit people complain about is usually worth the equal pay. Plus not being a government drone is a bonus as well.

Is it for you? Depends. I can't speak on behalf of any other branches but the operational Air Force is alright if you do the following:

>Enlist for the minimum
If you enlist for 4yrs, you don't get any rank advancement. If you enlist for 6, you do after you complete your training. You're ultimately saving not even a year and gaining an additional $2000. Is that worth it for two additional years? Fuck no it's not. Chances are you'll never want anything to do with the military again after you're finished with your enlistment. Don't buy the lie that it'll be great and you'll want to stay in. Most people don't.

>Pick a job you want on the outside

No point in having job experience in a job you don't like.
>>
Any of you navy fags have any tips on dating other shipmates?

Or just don't do it at all?
>>
>>27341148

Do they work with you? Sorry idk Navy lingo.
>>
>>27341148
Don't you fucking do it unless you want a SAPR case on you.
You'll travel to a lot of different countries where the bitches will worship you if you are American specially the Asian countries.
>>
>>27341227
I'm going to be INCONUS for my rating m8. So basically I'm fucked eh?
>>
File: 1453846782523.jpg (125 KB, 1024x620) Image search: [Google]
1453846782523.jpg
125 KB, 1024x620
>>27339511
>>27339617
not necessarily true
pic related was trans before entering the military, and lied on the mental health screening (?) thing
>>
File: 1413149661905.jpg (353 KB, 1140x969) Image search: [Google]
1413149661905.jpg
353 KB, 1140x969
>was planning on joining the Navy as an armorer before I graduated High School over half a decade ago
>turns out they won't allow anyone in with a past history of unipolar depression and social anxiety

Visiting shrinks as a kid was the biggest regret in my life.

Turns out okay in the end though because I found something that I really like in the civilian market and I tinker with guns as a hobby but still, that was extremely disappointing.
>>
>>27341246
you're not fucked it's just going to be kind of boring unless you're on a ship that hits good ports .
>>
File: 1458221794456.jpg (65 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458221794456.jpg
65 KB, 640x640
>>27341413

Please elaborate on unipolar depression please. Is it real? I saw a psychiatrist in the Military and they tried to tell me I had that so I kinda blew it off and acted like I was fine. I mean it was mostly my medication but it sounded pretty spot on. I guess I'm just never sure if I really do have depression or my situation is just kinda shit and I'm lonely.

I've been lonely since I was 17 and coincidentally have had months of depression off and on since then.
>>
>>27341413
Never ever become an armorer, it's not playing with runs like you think. It's a shitty demanding job that makes you hate them
>>
>>27341449
I'm going to be stationed at a single duty station for a couple of years at a time. I won't see a ship
>>
Question for any US military fags:

I basically just want to play video games, watch anime, and shitpost as much as possible. Is the military a good career choice for this?
>>
File: 1372554996458.png (165 KB, 300x411) Image search: [Google]
1372554996458.png
165 KB, 300x411
>>27341486

As in, I've been seeing shrinks since I was 14 and I kept with the program because I assumed that they had my best interest at heart but I think my circumstances back then had significantly more to do with it. My social anxiety had greatly improved to but I worry about other things now...

Social anxiety I definitely had but clinical (unipolar) depression? That one is very sketchy because I have a hard time relating to other depressed people.

I honestly can't tell for sure. I want to believe I have a genuine medical condition because then I'd felt like I did the right thing but most of the time I just think my parents were duped into it as was I. Could've done without it and it has only caused me more problems than it has fixed. They told me it wouldn't hinder me from joining the military but they were ignorant at best. Oh well, that's all in the past now.
>>
>>27341517

I guess I didn't miss out on much then. That makes me feel better. Don't know what else I would've done otherwise.
>>
>>27339780
How is basic training? I'm a pretty typical cyborg, so the video I saw during my enrollment obviously spooked me a bit.
>>
>>27339144
>countries shouldn't be able to defend themselves

>>27341486
Any mental disorder is an automatic disqualification.

Here's for the US military.

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/disqualifiers-medical-conditions.html

A lot of people get around it, get waivers, lie, etc., but it's considered fraudulent enlistment to lie and you could face jail time if they somehow find out. The reason why is because it's not exactly considered safe to hand a gun and extreme amounts of stress that make normal, healthy people go insane to someone who has had a history of mental instability. It sucks man
>>
>>27341658
Start doing PT today. Like right now, faggot, or you're fucked
>>
>>27341753
I was planning on making PT my full time job starting tomorrow morning, 7 days a week. I think I might be fucked though.
>>
I used to be in the Royal Canadian Hussars. I was a beta who would do ceremonies but as well law enforcement at times. Girls like to admire me on my horse, but I am too beta to really do anything about it.
>>
>>27341773
Good. Fuck with your sleep schedule too. Wake up at 2:00 in the morning and run, etc., because you're gonna be doing a lot of that crap...

Also, I'd recommend to go to an MMA or Martial Arts gym and get used to having people touch and hit you if you're like me and at all get weirded out by that stuff because you're gonna have to get used to it and pain in general
>>
>>27341712

Yeah but if you're already in (I am) and you don't have any previous medical records of it, you're just gonna get a medical discharge and free disability Autism Bux.

It's impossible to prove I had it before the military anyway as most teenagers go through phases.

>>27341612

That's kinda how I feel. I don't want to be a victim of the con that is shrinks for something like "unipolar depression." The one time I did see a shrink they gave me anti-depressants because I wanted to kill myself when I was on accutane and I told them I'd always been depressed, but more accurately it was kinda a periodical thing. But I mean they didn't really buy it after it went away after I kicked the accutane. They just put me down for Readjustment Disorder which basically just means "Life is changing and you got super stressed out." Nothing drastic at all. Anyways, those anti-depressants fucked my shit up. I couldn't think, I stayed up at night. It was a nightmare. Flushed that shit down the toilet before the week was up.

Right now I feel mostly fine, but in the event it comes back which it will in a month or two I'm sure, I just don't know what I should do. I mean it's been so bad I debated taking my own life on two occasions and would have done it had the means presented themselves at that moment.

I want to manage it but I don't want to feel like I'm defective or my sadness is "wrong." I am very rebellious and even the first time I saw a shrink I really felt like he was trying to dictate how I should or shouldn't feel. The social worker therapist was much nicer but I've hated psychiatrists and psychosis drugs ever since.
>>
File: 1452991492570.jpg (37 KB, 503x485) Image search: [Google]
1452991492570.jpg
37 KB, 503x485
>>27341978
You're scaring me anon

Why are people touching me? That bothers me more than getting hit
>>
File: 1438443584311.gif (997 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1438443584311.gif
997 KB, 500x475
I am a useless piece of shit who is failing uni and plan on joining the French Foreign Legion this summer. How physically fit do I need to be ( exactly, not a fat fuck so it would be mostly building muscle). Would knowledge of conversational French help? Any other tips?

I want to be shipped to the French Guiana and learn how to be a functional human being.
>>
>>27342008

Despite seeing shrinks for many years, I never had a history of attempting suicide or self-harm and that still is enough to permanently DQ you. The military is a very tough crowd I have learned since then and not as meme as it is made out to be.
>>
>>27342198
You'd better work on your running fatty. Cardio is a huge deal in any military
>>
File: born-to-feel.jpg (156 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
born-to-feel.jpg
156 KB, 746x982
>>27339031
Who else here have /tfw no soldier gf/ even though you know they're all disgusting sluts?
>>
>>27342271
It is you're right, but once you're already in it'll be a medical discharge with disability, as the military gave that to you/it happened while you were in. And if you get medically discharged for something like that you'd be getting disability which is whatever percentage it is times your annual pay yearly. So if I were making 30k a year and got discharged with 50% disability I'd be getting 15k annually despite no longer being in the Military. Idk I'll play it by ear I guess. If it gets that bad again I think I'll have to. I mean I won't be on medication by then so I'll know for sure whether or not it's me or medication. I don't really like being in the Military much anyway so if I got medically discharged with disability fuck it I'd take it easily, but I certainly don't want to act like I've got a problem when I don't.
>>
>>27342349
My bmi is 23 so I am far from a fatty. I suppose you mean endurance running as well? Would 2 hours be a good amount to aim for?
>>
>>27340807
Shweeeeeeet
>>
File: images (16).jpg (7 KB, 150x142) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
7 KB, 150x142
Pros and cons to joining the coast guard?
>>
I tried to join the Marines when I turned 20. Great scores on the tests and I was a boxer all my life so I had great physique. They turned me down because I was diagnosed with Antisocial personality disorder. You would think they want someone that has no fear and no remorse/empathy but it seems all they want is beta cucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 498x568
>>27339031
>having seizures since age 8 bans me
>mfw I will never be a veterinary technician for the military
>can't even be a cop or any job with a gun

Tbh I'm also a 5'1 femlet so I wouldn't make it past boot camp, but still. Fuck, I'm a female and that alone puts me in a disadvantage anyway.
>>
>>27339798
Do you even private military contractors?
>>
>>27340051
Yeah fucking right bitch, more like fuck fuck games and police call you boot bitch, War has been over for awhile now, enjoy peace time, and just because you did a MEU doesn't make you a senior boot.
>>
>>27342404
>My bmi is 23
That's fat you fat fuck

I'm 19 at 190lbs
>>
>>27342658
Also yes endurance is important as fuck. Running 2 hours is fine if you're a marathon runner, but will fuck you up big time if you aren't in top shape. Look up plans online on how to get into shape cardio wise
>>
I want to join the military. But i hear you have to use a big shower room with other people.
but Im too insecure about my small penis
>>
>>27342482
lmao yeah fucking right roastie slut, all the ugly fucks will worship you and your seniority will give you the 'special treatment' coz we all know you'd be a slut anyways.
>>
>>27342728
If you're too pussy about your flaccid dick being seen by some fag in a communal shower then you aren't military material
>>
>>27342750
But they will probably bully me and call me small dick for the rest of the time im there
>>
>>27342482
be my seizure gf
we can swap seizure stories :3c
>>
>>27342769
My shit is barely two inches flaccid my dude but I don't give a fuck, I'm not having sex with these dudes and neither are you. In all likelihood nobody will look at each others dicks
>>
>>27342833
I wish i had self esteem
>>
>>27342833
They do. My friend just got back from Army bc and he said people with small dicks were pretty much molested. A private with a micropenis had a gun barrel shoved up his ass.
>>
>>27342879
You just gotta stop being yourself and be chad

>>27342937
>army
That's the problem senpai
>>
>>27342956
>stop being yourself and be chad
How can i do that when i have a small penis
>>
>>27342984
Pretend to have a thundercock
>>
>>27343053
>Pretend to have a thundercock
but i don't and i know it
>>
>>27343066
JUST DO IT
DO DO
IT IT
>>
File: image.gif (1007 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1007 KB, 500x281
USA/USMC/6048 flight equipment technician
>reservist

> you souled your soul anon
>>
>>27339356
son of a bitch that's why they didnt want us to have skittles from the MRE's at first

like maybe it was just where i went to basic i heard another one didnt allow it but they rarely get females
>>
File: 1455914394619.jpg (592 KB, 839x821) Image search: [Google]
1455914394619.jpg
592 KB, 839x821
>>27340787
A guy I know's brother went into the Navy and he's a weeb fag, I figured he thought they'd send him to some navy base in Japan. I don't know where he got stationed but apparently he hates it

Honestly I'd like to join some branch of service, probably Navy but I'm gonna wait for this election to be over, if Hillary wins I can guarantee the military will be used for some retarded war for Israel.

any Navy bros can tell me what it's like? How much free time do you get a week and what can you do? I'd like to bring a computer to watch anime and shid
>>
>>27343390
help me niggas this is original
>>
>>27339144
Why are you anti military?
That's like the most leftist crap you belong on r/news upvoting the canadian mod that hates America and anything that isnt pro ultra liberal.

Are you just going through the edgelord rebellious phase where all authority = bad

Honestly working for the government isn't a bad thing if you live in the U.S. it's the best country in the world. I know that statement makes people want to sperg out and say everything that's wrong with it but you got nothing else to raise the bar and the world would be a total nightmare without America it'd probably all look like Brazil full of crime and even more murder like any old criminal gang would run around doing what they want.

Being in the military is a good way to be a part of the 'community' like I didn't fit in back home before I joined but people actual appreciate what you do. Plus it has the possibility to be somewhat more exciting than any other civilian job short of being like a police officer or something.
>>
>>27339144
>Not getting paid to kill people

How does it feel being a pussy?
>>
File: 1458132723030.jpg (69 KB, 480x446) Image search: [Google]
1458132723030.jpg
69 KB, 480x446
>>27339144
>supporting any kind of military
>you should browse reddit

this bait doesn't even make sense
>>
File: special gunfire observer.jpg (58 KB, 502x335) Image search: [Google]
special gunfire observer.jpg
58 KB, 502x335
>>27339031
Been in for 6 years. Started in the Navy then transferred to the Green machine as a Forward Observer. Currently still in training and not looking forward to the next two years of being a jube even though ill have more medals and experience then some of the JNCOs in the units.

I recommend Navy and Airforce to true neet robots. You can be a nerdy loser if you want with minimal PT. Army or Marine's are more for cyborgs like myself because we can socialise with alpha males and keep up with them. Plus I enjoy doing all that bad ass shit just not the macho ego bollocks that goes along with it.

Did I mention you get to drink heavily in the military?

Basic training sucks absolute ass, its worse than prison. And military training is mentally difficult because they cram a whole heap of bullshit info onto you then expect you to pass a test the next day. If you fail you lose your job essentially. Ive done two tests this week and got another tomorrow before I go home for Easter. Non stop study centered around PT.

The military if it doesn't break you will make a man out of you. Civvies will respect you a little more and women will be intrigued by you. I would advise those who cant fit in to make sure they are mentally strong enough to handle themselves as everyone will be hating you all the time. Im talking be like Rust Cohle in TD.
>>
>>27339031
a lot of the military is hurry up so you can wait around

basic is just a shit test

not american but if you are american it must be a great place to join the military with all the benefits you get. Do your years well in a trade that leads to civilian qualifications/jobs and you get free education, experience and references out of your service too.
>>
>>27342728
The only time you'll have to shower communally for the most part is basic. In basic, you get like five minutes for 30+ people to shower in a bathroom with only 5 or so showers.

There's no time to look at dicks but plenty of time to make homo jokes tho

Once you go to a unit, you usually get private showers and your own time off in which you can choose to go shower at your own leisure.
>>
>>27342728
Anon no one will give a fuck about your small dick. If they comment on it just call them a fag and laugh.
>>
>>27339031
former US Army combat medic with 2 deployments/3 campaigns with light cav, recon, and a couple marine units.

Shit is rough, specially being a line medic (not female medic that is there to fuck people or a faggot BSB medic that sits comfy in base) but it makes you grow a set of balls and puts you much higher on the ladder for good pussy when you get out if you go to college. currently working on my Master's in biotech and microbio, probably gonna do a PhD, shit is easy as fuck after the military.

I would highly suggest going combat medic if you get the choice.
>>
E5 in the Air Force as a 2t1. It's honestly pretty shitty. Jobs are undermanned, people are cutthroat at each other over stratifications for promotion. My advice, do a term, work on some schooling with tuition assistance, and then get out and use the GI bill.
>>
>>27340575
That is the kind of stuff I really missed in the Army here in the US. We had some crazy ass fuckers with way too many deployments. I was a SPC pretty much my entire time in since I didn't want to get promoted to paper work, I preferred doing the medical shit and there was this SSG who I knew from previous deployment. He had about 4 deployments by then. He would wake up at the ass crack of dawn, go to the tent, make some coffee, get out his razor, dip it in the coffee, scrape his face, dip it back in to wash it, and repeat until he was shaved. He would then drink the coffee and say "FUCK I LOVE MY LIFE." All kinds of crazy shit like that in the recon unit.
>>
>>27340787
I am sort of a quasi-weeb but mostly an intellectual nerdlord. I was treated pretty fine and respected but that was because of being a medic in a recon unit. I am currently going full force nerd IRL working towards PhD. You can get away with all kinds of weird shit even being an outright weeb depending on how fucking good you are at what you do. We had a 1lt that was a 100% upfront dungeons and dragons, naked night elf fanart on all his shit, that nobody ever said a thing because he was one of the most bad ass LTs you would run into in Iraq. He treated missions like they were DnD games and would offer rewards for fucking people up and shit. Loved the hell out of him.
>>
File: 1458247514544.jpg (34 KB, 318x359) Image search: [Google]
1458247514544.jpg
34 KB, 318x359
>>27342506
exactly what I expected, kill yourself your life and beliefs are a meme
>>
any military bots into bullying qt traps?
>>
>>27344465
maybe, how feminine is your penis and do you pass?
>>
>>27344499
yes and im usually called ma'am at places when i do go out. im also really mentally ill tho but that comes with being a trap.
>>
>>27344206
>Master's in biotech and microbio, probably gonna do a PhD
>combat medic
>shit is easy

Yeeaaahh nah its not. You must be genius because none of that is hard. Medic has one of the highest wash out rates of any course.

Im sure your switch on as fuck but I always hated people like you in the military who bragged about how easy shit always was.
>>
>>27344465
If by bully you mean torture to death and turn your degenerate flesh into a sweet leather jacket, than yes faggot.
>>
>>27344530
Okay. I hope I can make you happy anon!
>>
>>27344506
my gf and I might have a use for you, we have been looking for a very feminine trans to fuck me while i fuck her or to fuck her while i fuck you or to be our little cumslut to degrade and use for our own fun. age?
>>
>>27344529
I am not really trying to brag man, it really was easy. I can tell you right now that 50% wash out rate is due to spending all weekend drunk or fucking the sluts who arrive.

Most the guys that dropped in my class were always out partying with the regular military instructors. Fucking the female instructors was pretty common too. Generally washing out on your tests involve really bad hangovers and not reviewing really basic shit. It is less about being hard and more about impulse control, seriously.

It can be rough in the actual army because there is pressure on you to not be shit since you fuck up people die but we send all the crap medics to the BSBs and support units. Sure, you spend a lot of extra time reading up on stuff, practicing what you get, and talking to doctors/PAs about stuff you dont understand or need more advice on how to handle. You also spend a lot of time in the motor pool doing everyone elses job because why have a retard scout or something do it when you can have a medic train and do it better in most cases?

Though you are afforded a lot more free space and air in the Army as a medic which lets you be more focused resulting in it being easier.

As for the master's and working towards PhD, microbio and biotech is just really interesting shit, it drags you in. It makes you want to go further and that desire forges you into being good with it.
>>
>>27344602
Anon, That is kind of scary. and I just turned 18 like 3 months ago.
>>
I'm taking depression meds right now and If I want to join in a few weeks. If I stop taking my meds and don't tell the military that I've taken them will they find out?
>>
>>27344704
If you weren't scared then it wouldn't be fun. If you are interested drop a line and I can give you a throwaway email otherwise good talking to ya :P
>>
>>27339031
US
Navy, Yokosuka Japan
Hospital Corpsman

I work in a shitty ER, ask me anything.
>>
>>27344836
uhm im really shy too so just give me a throwaway address
>>
Australian Defence Force here,

Over 5 years in. No regrets.

>I became 10x more confident
>I lost 32.5kg and went down 4 uniform sizes
>I'm a fast runner now
>I have an insanely awesome circle of friends
>I'm financially set
>I've experienced a fair bit

That being said, I've had THREE failed relationships; ALL of them cheated on me while I was away on course and out field (third one left me 2 weeks ago, I'm still here in the field).

If you're lost or want a guaranteed job, I say do it IMO.
>>
>>27344863
[email protected]
>>
>>27344799

Probably not. Just don't puss out while in bmt.
>>
I really wish i could, militaey or nurse, but ive got terrible physice, blood and needle phobia that ive never managed ti get rid off
>>
File: 1458086383033.jpg (736 KB, 1242x2500) Image search: [Google]
1458086383033.jpg
736 KB, 1242x2500
>>27343390
>>27343390
Yea, Navyfag here.

As soon as you get off work, the rest of the time is yours. I have so much time when I'm not working to do things. I live in a comfy barracks room, save money, play video games and watch anime. I built my own PC at my last duty station. You work "full time", but if there is no work to be done, you get out early and since you're an adult, you do what you want.

Any other questions?
>>
Which branch and job do I need to sign up for to indiscriminately kill brown people?
Can I apply to work at Guantanamo?
>>
File: 8767546848549.jpg (259 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
8767546848549.jpg
259 KB, 424x600
>>27344943
How's personal space? I take it you're not living on a boat/submarine, do they give you a choice of that or if you sign up they say, alright this guys working on a dock, this guys working on a boat, etc

I don't know that much about the military, I've read books but it doesn't really compare to actually being able to ask someone questions, thanks
>>
I want to join the airforce. Can any airforce fags tell me how much free time they have for vidya and animu and the best jobs to get?
>>
>>27345001
This is me >>27344907

I'm Air Force.

Depends on your trade or mustering, but yes, you get lots of time after training. It basically becomes like a civvy job but you wear cams.
>>
>>27344984
>>27344984
You get your own room, usually. There is shared rooms though, and you can be unlucky and end up in one of those. Basically, 4 to a room, which has bunks and very little space for personal belonging.

I, however, work in a hospital, so I was granted my own room and walk-in closet. I share a bathroom and common spaces with another MTF staff member.

Never been on a ship. I am getting out in a year I don't care much for the Navy anymore at this point.
>>
>>27345025
Well thanks for the input, I appreciate it man
>>
>>27345024
I live in burgerland so I know that my airforce is definitely a little different from yours but it's probably pretty similar. What are the best jobs to get that have the best hours and require the least amount of skill. I've taken a few practice ASVAB tests and done pretty well my average score is about 85-90ish.
>>
>>27345096
*85%-90% average score on the ASVAB
>>
>>27345096
Supply (me), MP, Transport, and Admin.
>>
I tried joining but was denied due to medical, turns out my father blessed me with a wonderful genetic disease(ankylosing spondylitis). Wanted to join since I was a kid and my grandfather told me stories about him in Italy. Been teetering on the brink the past few months and honestly don't know how to deal with life.
>>
>>27344406
>That is the kind of stuff I really missed in the Army here in the US.
How do you mean? No crazy stuff where you served? What did you do?

>All kinds of crazy shit like that in the recon unit.
You know what it's the same over here. The recon guys have exactly that reputation. Here they recruit new recons from the airborne people but I assume that's the same for all military forces.

Also this thread has been going strong all night, I'm proud of you bots.
>>
>>27345118

>transport and mp having the most free time

They require no skill, yeah, but they're usually extremely busy and have shitty hours.
>>
>>27345133
Fucking health issues man. Thanks usa for the processed foods that make people weak
>>
>>27340052
>suck at my job
Literally how? Everything is so fucking simple, read a TM retard
>>
>>27345284
Depends if you get posted to a busy SQN or a base SQN mate.
>>
File: willie.jpg (34 KB, 648x361) Image search: [Google]
willie.jpg
34 KB, 648x361
>>27344465
That's kinda weird dude
>>
>>27345308
I..I'm Canadian x.x
>>
>>27339031
Do you think it's ever possible for a robot to turn his life around and get into something like the SAS? Apart from the impossibly intense physical requirements I assume you actually have to be socially normal and able to bond well with others so I'm inclined to guess no but it's one of the few things I'd really like to try.
>>
>>27339031
>>27339031
>be me
>want nothing more than to join the military
>have light autism
>instantly rejected
>>
>>27345475
Time to send your resume to Big Boss
>>
>>27345487
There's literally no PMC that will hire you unless you have military experience
>>
>>27345372

If your argument starts with depends on, it's shit. Yeah, it could be slow and easy, or it can be a cluster fuck where you're on 12s indefinitely. You could just be finance and work banker hours. Hardest thing you might do is chroming your boss's knob.
>>
>>27344921
>[email protected]
I emailed you anon
>>
>>27345568
Bahahahaha

My Supply world is on and off. Basically out field 3 times a year but for short times.
>>
in canada. considering joining the military as a logistics officer once i finish my accounting degree. contract is gonna be like 7 years. is it worth it?
>>
>>27345527
>implying zombie/joker/zorro/skullface man isnt autistic
>implying big boss isnt autistic
>implying that octacon isnt autistic
>>
>>27345778
I'm already working on a /k/ related PMC to take over Sealand, want to join?
>>
>>27345802
I thought you died.....a long, long time ago......OH NO....not me! I'd NEVVVER LOSE CONTROL.....your face...to FACE...with the meme that stole the world...
>>
>>27344799
Nope, just dont go crazy while in basic. DESU though its hard enough without being depressed.

We have a legit skitzo in our platoon who went nuts. He was poison to be around. He had been back squadded so many times. How he got n is beyond me.
>>
>>27339511
Kek, I've seen you post on /meg/

Gtfo
>>
File: ut04.jpg (19 KB, 232x294) Image search: [Google]
ut04.jpg
19 KB, 232x294
dumbass statist pigs

you grew up playing cs and thought it would be cool to shoot arabs for real? you're all sick or retarded and do only evil to yourself and others. get out while you still can.
>>
File: 1454915712181.jpg (108 KB, 680x841) Image search: [Google]
1454915712181.jpg
108 KB, 680x841
>>27346827
Step 1: Hold sign saying "Thank god for dead soldiers"
Step 2: ???
Step 3: World peace achieved we did it reddit
>>
>>27339031

I'd have to get in even basic shape to bother even thinking about it but I can't be arsed
>>
>>27339686

Yeah good call they do way too much fucking exercise plus you have to learn french and be trapped there for 5 years possibly in a hellhole like Guyana
>>
>>27339895
>I honestly thought women liked guys in uniform.
Oh you naive cuck.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (38 KB, 347x424) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
38 KB, 347x424
>>27339798

Nice Revolution you've got there amigo, it'd be a shame if something were to happen to it
>>
There's no shortage of robots in the military. They pretend they're all chads but majority of them are losers just like you and me who saw nowhere else to go.

Historically, armies have almost always been made up of second sons.
>>
>>27340575

Fuck that sounds great can non Germans get in on that action without being citizens?
>>
>>27340711

I can't fucking breathe 11/10
>>
>>27339031
>Anyone here with military experience?
Yes
>Country/branch/job pls.
US/USMC/infantry

It was pretty gay tbqh. Lots of cool experiences and paychecks between the gayness though. 3/10 wouldn't do again. Too many assholes, idiots and too much stupidity in general.
>>
>>27342198

There's some insane obstacle course they do in Guyana that looks like a fucking nightmare plus all the running I'd want to be fit as fuck
>>
>>27342769

>8 years later in some middle eastern warzone
>anon has "BABYDICK" written on his helmet
>>
would the military let a college drop out in and pay off my student loans?
>>
>Not going reserves

I only do army stuff one weekend a month
>>
>>27347535
Not in this economy.
>>
>>27339031
>depressions and social anxiety
>need like 10 pills every to function
>need constant therapy
>not allowed to join the military
>>
>>27347573
they dont lift the loans because you are part of the military? dont they give you benifits and shit?
>>
>>27344845

Is it like an actual civvie accessible hospital or exclusively US military

>gf studying in Japan
>gets some fever or whatever the fuck from something
>goes to useless nip hospital where they have no idea what they are doing
>tell her to go to a real hospital
>>
>>27344907

What did you do in the ADF mate is it actually sick or nah? It looks pretty interesting but I'm a fat cunt is it worth getting fit for?
>>
>>27339031
Is it a good idea to have previous work experience and certifications?

I might enlist in two years. I just wanna be capable of handling the real world and have something before so when I get out I don't go insta-homeless.
>>
>>27347586
They don't need you. They have plenty of people who are fit and have their shit together already trying to get in.
>>
>>27347420

No they fucking haven't, being in the military as an officer was literally the default career goal of the upper classes throughout all history, the real "second son" tier was becoming a priest
>>
>>27347560

You waste your weekend doing army bullshit but not for real, for free. sounds amazing.
>>
>>27347661
First borns inherited the manor and all the choice lands. They were too busy running the ancestral lands and didn't need to prove themselves through military exploits. Clerical duty was for those who didn't have any inheritance and had to be removed so that they didn't become pretenders.
>>
>>27339031
I did the swedish military ground course GMU and it was kind of nice. You dont have time to be sad. It's also nice to be told what to do. I think it's a nice thing to do it sitts nice on your cv aswell.
>>
I have an accounting bachelors, but I always wanted to join the military. Can I leverage it to get a good position in the military?

Also, do they yell at you a lot in basic even if you follow the rules?
>>
File: 1439486019707.png (345 KB, 576x592) Image search: [Google]
1439486019707.png
345 KB, 576x592
>>27347680
>For free

I get paid by both my job and the Army to be there. Not only that I but also get all of the benefits offered to active duty.
>>
>>27347762
No matter what you do you will get yelled at. Basic is all a big mind game.

And in the US you could try to become an officer, or at least enlist at a higher rank (probably e4 if you have your bachelor)
>>
Anyone here /airborne/?
>>
>>27345025
Corpsman?
Navy fag as well
>>
>>27347440
No we don't have anything like the French Foreign Legion, afaik only citizens can join. Where do you live? I think all armies have some crazy COs

>>27347452
Agreed, fucking underrated post but had to read it two times
>>
>>27339895
Fredericton is a shit hole desu

Totally original post
>>
>>27348040
You motherfuckers better get your shit together about to get all of the pacific fucked in the ass
>>
File: lost a humvee.png (119 KB, 1017x1000) Image search: [Google]
lost a humvee.png
119 KB, 1017x1000
>>27339031
>robots in military
Just dont... its not too big of a loss if youre american tho I guess.
>>
>>27347308
you got me my man, besides the fact that the picture is westboro baptist church and not a world peace group, you got me.

peace is so UNCOOL and UNREDPILLED lol
>>
>>27348642
This is true, peace is dehumanizing
>>
>>27348642
I hate conflict and competition as much as the next pussy but it's unfortunately essential for humanity. Every good thing we've got was born out of conflict and competition. It's how you grow.
>>
Any royal navy lads know anything about the fleet auxiliary?
>>
>>27342428
cons
>no respect, ever
>some fuccbois take the shit way too seriously and act like green berets or some shit
pros
chill as fuck, so no worries there
deployed in coastal cities, so that's pretty cool i guess
boats n shit, never actually have to leave america
>>
>>27348642
Makes it even worse, what were they trying to do?
>>
>Wanna join army
>Can't even drive

Do they mind?

Australia btw
>>
>>27347817
Former 75th here. AIRBORNE RANGERRRRRRR
>>
File: 1457796083265.jpg (88 KB, 736x506) Image search: [Google]
1457796083265.jpg
88 KB, 736x506
>>27341595

Yes.

Infantryfag here, this is literally all I do most days of the week.

I show up to PT every morning so they know I'm alive, then sit in my barracks room the rest of the day and play video games unless my squad leader calls my team leader to do something at the company, which rarely happens because he is almost never at work himself.

I think I've actually 'worked' like 3 days this entire month.
>>
>>27339173
Just finished my 4 yrs doing the same. You made a good choice. I had comfy job fixing radios in flight deck as dirty peasant crew chiefs we're in the cold rain changing oil and tires
>>
I was abused as a child and literally everything makes me flinch and over-alert but I want to join the military and gain some direction

Be brutally honest, I'm not liable to panic and get scared but I'll flinch and maybe think twice before certain things, would I make it in the military and would I be viewed as a liability
>>
>>27350873
Nah you'd be fine m8, just make sure you sign a contract for a job that isn't combat arms, or even better enlist in the airforce. 85% of the people in the military aren't even trained for real combat, and even in the remaining 15% only about 5% of those guys will actually see combat or train seriously in these coming years, and those units will self select for the guys they want. If you sign for some shit like being a technician or some other trade skill you'd be fine, especially in the airforce.

It's only combat arms, more specifically infantry, and even more specifically the rapid deployment units and SOF that are gonna ice out combat liabilities.
>>
>>27351025
I was thinking of going to a mechannical job so I could learn a trade and learn some proper discipline while I'm still young, thanks for reassurance senpai
>>
>>27351122
Yeah, you'll be fine if you go into it with your eyes wide open. I wouldn't expect too much discipline from a big Army Pog job, I mean it'll be more than neet life for sure. You'll have to show up to work on time and have to go through some chump change basic training, but don't expect it to make you super /fit/ or disciplined. We have a saying in the Army: garbage in, garbage out. Tons of guys come in with shitty attitudes and leave with worse ones. A lot of guys come in lazy and leave with sk8ing skills like Tony Hawk. Guys come in chubby and leave pushing 300lbs. Army won't make you a new person, that shit comes from internal drive and inner soul searching. I'm not saying you wont change for the better in the Army, but you have to look for it yourself, if you just hit the strip clubs and blow your paycheck on shitty beer and hookers every weekend you'll just get out and be as miserable if not more so than when you went in. But if you use the fresh start to rebuild yourself in an image you desire, find God and all that, you can come out doing pretty well for yourself.
>>
i would if i wasn't a fat femlet who wouldn't pass basic + a history of severe mental illness and hospitilizations, i might consider it. it might whip me into shape or something i guess
>>
>>27351245
Aye, believe me, I'm using the opportunity to reinvent myself as a better person away from the bad memories of my past
>>
File: 0454 - Wot3ijc.jpg (149 KB, 653x635) Image search: [Google]
0454 - Wot3ijc.jpg
149 KB, 653x635
>>27339031
>friend went into US army
>stationed at colorado after basic
>went on 2 tours to afghanistan
>was a medic and went around with a ranger team
>now ex-wife cheated on him and spent 10 grand of his money while he was away
>he killed at least one person
>at least one person died in his arms
>he's getting paid to go to college now

it's not worth it
>>
>>27351582
Either your friend was a Ranger or your friend is full of shit. You don't "go around with a Ranger team", the 75th trains and deploys with its own medics, and all of them are tight and ready for shit to get heavy. We make damn sure to phase all the guys who won't be able to hack it out before they ever make it overseas with us.
>>
>>27351785
>>27351582
Oh yeah, I just realized after re-reading your post that your friend is 90% full of shit because Rangers never get stationed in Colorado, so unless he transferred out of there and was a lateral to the 75th (almost never happens within your enlistment, he'd have to re-enlist to try out for RIP/RASP) then he never fucking deployed with a "Ranger team".
Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.