[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you want to do with your life, anon? >No NEETs allowed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9
File: fork-in-the-road.jpg (46 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
fork-in-the-road.jpg
46 KB, 612x380
What do you want to do with your life, anon?

>No NEETs allowed
>>
i want to haxor everyone then shoot my dick off
>>
>>27338282

I'm 27.

The future scares me. I am very INFP, and I spend a lot of time daydreaming. When I think about the future, it's painful. I can very much imagine myself somewhere quiet, living in a small house away from people by some woods. I could go on and on about what it's like there, how it feels, what it sounds like, and all that stuff.

The problem is that I know how unrealistic it is. I know that it will never happen. I know that one of two things will happen because I know me. I will either be living alone in some shitty apartment somewhere working a job I hate barely getting by or I'll be dead because I finally ended it all.

It doesn't matter how much I try to change it, it will always come down to that. I've tried before and I'm trying now. No matter how hard I try, everything I do crumbles around me worse than before.

i have learned that I want to do doesn't matter.
>>
>>27338282
i'm 19 and i really don't know

something in film would be nice (preferably as a director, writer or actor) but i know that's incredibly unrealistic but that's what i would want to do with my life as opposed to what i'll have to do so i get a decent amount of money
>>
I want to die in my sleep.
>>
>>27338282
>No NEETs allowed

What are you doing here?
>>
>>27338282
Kind of planning to study aerospace engineering in the future
Also set a goal of building a nuclear reactor big enough to sustain my own house
>>
>>27338423
Don't let your dreams be memes. Live in your comfy cabin
>>
>>27338576
NEETs lack of ambition is disgusting
>>
>>27338282
>tfw spent over a decade not knowing what to do with my life

and the worst part was that only a couple of those years, the last two actually, were spent in the typical vidya-playing anime-watching NEET lifestyle.

Now I know that music production is what I want. I don't even give a shit either I'll produce Justin Bieber's next top 40 pop-radio garbage hit. Something that really makes me uneasy is seeing all these talented musicians and songwriters and producers who stick to only their one niche subgenre, Music is music.
>>
>>27338614
I imagine it would not have to be that big
>>
18, always wanted to write a book. Unfortunately my writing skills are non-existent and I can't get myself to practice everyday. This procrastination makes me want to die in my sleep 2bh
>>
have lots of protected sex
>>
>>27338669
Okay, but are you OP though? If so, why are you here?
>>
Meaningless real life frivolities don't matter to me at all anymore. I just want to polish some of my ideas for a comic, create the comic, destroy all vestiges of the comic, and kill myself.
>>
File: 1458247514544.jpg (34 KB, 318x359) Image search: [Google]
1458247514544.jpg
34 KB, 318x359
All I really want to do is travel, but I can't because I have no money. Life just seems like a pile of shit, all you do is work and then retire and then die. I don't want to own a home or anything, all I want is experiences. I want to actually live and not just fill a role.
>>
>>27338682
That's what I'm thinking.
The amount of uranium needed wouldn't be very large and any waste product would be absolutely minuscule.
The only thing standing in my way is knowing how to build a nuclear reactor, the government and where to buy uranium.
>>
File: 1458232439535.jpg (137 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1458232439535.jpg
137 KB, 1024x683
>>27338423
Same age and I feel the same. It's weird how I have to keep re-adjusting my expectations for life but they're about to drop below zero, worst case scenario becomes best possible outcome.

Everytime I try life trows at me a new condition, it's strange. I thought it would stop with crohn's because I'm already a statistical anomaly but here am I in the medical machine again, this time heart problems. I don't know what to make of this.
>>
>>27338698
Yes, I'm OP.

>Why are you here?

Just shitposting, same as everyone
>>
Hopefully become a nurse, but I'm being a NEET for a year until I can get the Florida residency tuition.

>mfw I was turned down by Target after two interviews
>mfw the job was for a cart attendant position.
>>
i was working at insurance company but got in a car accident. now i go to rehab and the gym for a trainer just got fat...
>>
>>27338282
I have one more semester before I start applying to dental schools
I plan on becoming a maxillofacial surgeon.
>>
>>27338784
o, gotcha
>>
>>27338843
Tbh I don't know if I would want a nurse who can't get a job at Target
>>
File: 1404874200755.jpg (401 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1404874200755.jpg
401 KB, 1200x900
>>27338282
I'm 25 and it keeps changing. I'm too dumb for a stem degree, but I have a degree in digital media. Worked as a graphic designer for 2 years, and now have gotten bored of it. Lost my job last week. Buying a condo in the downtown core of the biggest city of my country, and I'm just going to see what happens. I'll be neck deep in normalfags. But it's time for me to grow up anyway.
>>
>>27338892
That's the spirit. You can do it desu.
>>
like most people, no idea

I have a pretty comfy desk job paying a good amount but I live my parents (23 years old) anyways so I don't have many expenses

pretty happy here but it's not really a career I would see myself doing in 10-20 years, but I have no intention of going back to school or pursuing a new job so i'm really just living in the moment right now
>>
>>27338688
shitposting on chinese newpaper forums does count as a form of creative writing practice. Just come up with fake stories and see if people believe you and they laugh/cry/cum at what you wrote. I actually do that all the time.
>>
File: 1419176608952.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1419176608952.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
>>27338937
Thanks senpai, I'm very excited about this condo I'm buying. Gonna get a new job, maybe in the design field again, or maybe just a server/bartender. And continue my mission of finding a qt gf who is redpilled and smart.
>>
i'm a neet
nothing
eat shit
#rek
>>
>>27338959
Never thought about it that way, but I would still prefer to write at least 1 page a day in Word than shit out countless stories on mongolian cave painting forum.
>>
>>27338282
I want to be a NEET. I want to relax my way through life doing fun things instead of shit awful boring things like "contributing to society".
>>
I wanna write children's books and drink LOTS of coffee.
>>
>>27338423
Same. 27 and a NEET living with parents. If I didn't have them I'd be homeless. I fear for the future and how I will probably end up in the streets. I have so much anxiety and can't deal with interacting with people. I've tried working before. 75% of the time I get panic attacks during interviews and start spilling my spaghetti with mind blacks, stuttering my words, and red faceds. I even started tearing up in a couple of interviews. The other times I've gotten a job I quit within a week. I worked as a stockboy and just couldn't handle it. I didn't know how to work the equipment, I didn't know what I had to do, and none of the other workers would help me and just were mean to me. What I wanted to do with my life was travel around the world ,but it won't ever happen. I feel like I'm stuck in hopeless situation.
>>
>>27338851
my dad's an oral surgeon. hates it.
>>
Something to do with knowledge, I want to either do research and expand the boundaries of knowledge, or, failing that, teach so that I can make sure knowledge is passed on to the rest of the world
>>
>>27339341
>my dad's an oral surgeon. hates it.
why?
>>
Im going to become a hobo/tramp, starting in june. Saving up gear right now.
>>
>>27339385
>maxillofacial surgeon.
Operating on people's mouths just isn't much fun. A lot of wisdom teeth removal. plus his practice is super busy. why do you want to do it?
>>
I wanted to be an illustrator. I may have to settle for historian if I can motivate myself enough but just not that passionate about it
>>
>>27339180
practice is practice. I mean obviously if you're trying to write out a spy novel it's not on the same level as greentext posting. However, despite the community being absolute cancer, you could still try deviantart or other websites that give constructive criticism and enjoy fiction stories.

Creepypastas are a good middle ground between mindless shitposting on 4chan and writing serious novels, the community is really active and are always look for new stories (and to improve them).

The worst part about writing something is not getting any feedback or outside perspective on it.
>>
>>27339469
it is just not wisdom teeth removal,
least not what I'm aiming for, it is more to reconstruct peoples faces (bone structure)

I was born with a condition that required me to have multiple surgeries (maxillofacial surgeries)
to fix, I was amazed with what my surgeon did for me and other people.
pretty cool.
>>
>>27338843
Shit. How creepy do you have to be to get turned down at Target? The weird kid from my high school who never bathed, owned tons of medieval weapons and weighed 300 pounds got a job as a cashier at Target.
>>
doesnt really matter what i want to do i need to find fucking work and start saving up so i dont end up like this guy
>>27339457
fucking tired of people that act like they want me around so they can treat me like shit and not having my own living space. got one job where people actually act like they like me around and appreciate what i do. feels like im stuck in a fucking rut keeping up to the standard for that and having to look for more work hopefully stuff starts to turn around once i get on top of meeting the basics for that job which im really close but damn its like a lot of people go out of their way to fucking try to sabotage any progress i make i just need to get a head a little bit so i can get past their getting trapped in their bullshit
>>
>>27338892
>Lost my job last week. Buying a condo
>Lost my job
>Buying a condo
??????
I'm almost 25 too and I feel the same. I have a stem degree but I'm tired of what I'm doing currently. I just want to go somewhere else and do something else
>>
>>27339618
What? Whats wrong with a hobo life? Im choosing to do this because thats the life i want to live.
>>
>>27339584
Exactly

I hope die in my sleep
>>
File: 58454714616138591734.jpg (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
58454714616138591734.jpg
45 KB, 300x300
>>27338282

Live on my own/Work from home

Never going to happen. I am on the highway to homelessness
>>
What i want to do is just be a games designer, i know this sounds underage but i have a strong passion towards computing and games, so i'd want to do that, but realistically i'd probably kill myself before i can even get up to that point
>>
I want to be a park ranger
>>
>>27339469

>practice is super busy

not anon you are replying to but OMFS make hella bank. your dad is at least bringing in 700k/yr
>>
>got an email from a job I applied to
>thinking it was an interview date
>the email basically asking if I was still interested with the job and to give them a call so we can talk

Isn't this super unprofessional . Why do I have to be the one to initiate the interaction? I hate having to call strangers. It's nerve wrecking
>>
File: 1320480258335.jpg (103 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1320480258335.jpg
103 KB, 800x900
Get a job9
>>
>>27339705
Whatever man, that's your problem if you have no ambition and are ignorant of how bad of a decision and day to day life that is.
Please save the but I can be happy zen master bullshit. I know exactly how miserable a life that would be.
>>
>>27339673
I was intending to quit the job as soon as I bought my condo anyway. Getting fired was no big deal.

>I have a stem degree but I'm tired of what I'm doing currently. I just want to go somewhere else and do something else

I'm tired of always being in front of a computer screen. The prime years of my life should be spent experiencing the world, seeing new sights and places, and making lasting memories. I just have no idea how to make money at the same time.
>>
>>27339761
I am going to be career politician, eitehr that or work as writer either that or work as computer science. Sorry for bad English /b/ros, I am from Scotland.
>>
File: 1458346879796.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1458346879796.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>27338949
Are you almost me?
21, said no to the college meme right after high school. Worked as a dishwasher, then a teller, then got my CDL A and I'm a delivery driver for Lowe's. I'm kinda just taking blows as they come. I have no dreams or anything like that so I'm just winging it. I have no desire for gf (yet) and I'm living with my parents so expenses are few. They probably think I'm gay kek
>>
>>27339822
>I'm tired of always being in front of a computer screen.
Holy shit this.
>>
>>27339705

There's nothing wrong with the hobo life (given you enjoy the hobo life, the obvious answer would be "You won't like it!)

Normies hate it when people flout social convention. If you like it, go for it.
>>
>>27339745
the fuck does he live
the average here in the Bay Area is 300K
>>
>>27339556
you are a retard, that is the majority of what you'll be doing. also have fun studying for 10+ years
>>
File: Movies.jpg (95 KB, 1000x604) Image search: [Google]
Movies.jpg
95 KB, 1000x604
I want to be involved in the movie making process more than anything. Any aspect, all the way from the pipe dream of writing and directing, to less acclaimed roles like editing or audio engineering.

I'm working in television in NYC right now, but I'm hustling hard to make break into movies, writing screenplays and making short films in my free time. I'm on the verge of shooting my highest quality short yet, and I plan to submit it to festivals across the country if it turns out as well as I hope.

I don't mind my job now, but I've always loved movies, and I want to experience being a part of making one, even if it's only once in my life.
>>
Get a better truck.
>>
>>27339872
How many years do I have to put in to become an OMS surgeon?
>>
>>27339874
>10+years
I only plan on doing it if I get in to a good dental school.
if not I'm packing my shit, and going back to my home country.

and no that is not what OMFS do.
>>
>>27339818
You sound very close minded. My ambition isnt something as superficial as money or status, what i want in my life is true freedom. You cant achieve this if youre housed up and completely part of society.

>i know exactly how miserablr a life that would be
No you dont. I have spoken to many trainhoppers and tramps and sure alot of them became a hobo because something tragic happened in their lives but most of them also say they have never been happier in life, and that they wish they did it earlier.
>>
>>27339942
>How many years do I have to put in to become an OMS surgeon?
10 or so
>>
Just finished high school and I don't know if I should be a lawyer, journalist or an english teacher. I like all of them so much,
>>
I want to live a modest, average life and most of all be happy and comfortable. I'm tired of stressing over the future. I don't care to be rich, or famous, or anything similar. I don't even really want a girlfriend, but it'd be nice.
>>
>>27339556
you need to do plastic surgery for that, for the most part. my dad does some emergency surgeries at the local hospital but he doesn't do reconstructive surgery.
>>
>>27339973
>and no that is not what OMFS do.
it literally is, though not just wisdom teeth removal, other procedures as well. but in the us, the plastic surgeons, the most competitive medical speciality, handle the big reconstructive surgeries.
>>
>>27340149
you can do it in 8. i think my dad did in 7, but that was a long time ago.
>>
>>27339745
>not anon you are replying to but OMFS make hella bank. your dad is at least bringing in 700k/yr

Not having to work feels good.
>>
>>27340381
no you don't, by reconstructive surgery I'm referring to just bone structure specifically to upper and lower jaw bones.
>>27340400
>the most competitive medical speciality, handle the big reconstructive surgeries

I know and I'm not looking to get into that, just the lower and upper jaw, but who knows.
>wisdom teeth removal
at least in my case, my dentist took out my wisdom teeth, my orthodontist took care of my braces and aligning my teeth, and my OMFS fixed my bone structure in my lower and upper jaw.

I'm sure you are talking more about surgeons in private practice.
>>
Start a cybernetics company.
>>
Anyone else indecisive because you don't know if you want things for yourself or just because you think you should
> want to stop being a wagecuck
> don't want to be a bum trying to be a starving artist and a disgrace to my family
> try to lose weight
> not sure if I want to just do it for health or positive attention
> immerse myself in certain cultures for weeks because I think I'm going change myself into a different, confident person
> I'm always myself in the end
I don't know what I want and I hate it.
>>
>>27338642

If only it were that simple. I don't even know if that's what I want, or if it's what I want to want.

>>27338739

I learned early on that life sucks, and I have had people confirm it to my face, whether it was intentional or not.

>>27339278

Can you get neet bux? If I had a real goal in life that wasn't just some house away from everyone, it would be to never have to work ever again. Spending most of my time working, going to work, or getting ready for work just to survive is a living hell. If this is the rest of my life, I'm just going to skip the bullshit and end it now.
>>
>>27338730
Travel doesn't have to cost money Anon. Consider the way of Saint James in Spain, it's a 300-150 mile hike through a historic pilgram route. The Catholic Church sustains it but most travelers aren't religious. There is a hostel for 6 euros every night and food and drink are cheap (hostels have kitchens for cooking) and a full bottle of homemade wine is 2 euros. I met Koreans, Spanish, Italians and Tunisians, my friend who was a klv at 25 hooked up with a British qt on that trail.
>>
>>27338282
I want to be father, I want to have 2 or 3 children, marry a good woman with family values and work with a moderated amount of free time in order to rise my children properly and make passionful lovemaking to my wife everynight.
>>
>>27340599
my dad works private practice, but has to do emergency surgeries at hospitals some times. like if a kid gets his face smashed by a baseball.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.